• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well even those are going up. MSRP is $70 now on bishoujos. Though still a bargain compared to the other guys.

If prices keep rising, I'm going to end up buying nothing but bishoujos. I'm not paying $150 a pop for 1/8. But if prices keep rising, the figure market is going to crash when a lot of people are priced out of the hobby either by willingness or means.

kewlmyc

1/8 Labrys by Alter
price

1eUnvM0.gif

I honestly need to think this over. Is a plastic figure worth that much?

kewlmyc

Are you actually thinking about it? Have you lost your mind?

I'm in this thread, of course I have.

At least one of us in here needs to own her. You should take a hit
to the wallet
for the team.

I'm already putting $200 down on Akuma Homura in December, plus I'm thinking on getting the GSC Ninja Turtle collection with will be around the same price (for one) but much better and memorable. Yeah, I think I'll pass and wait to see if it ever drops below 10,000 yen used.

Is anyone else disappointed with the base they chose for the jubilee bishoujo. I'm not a big fan of clear bases. Id rather have a solid colored base. The see-through yellow looks a bit tacky

Why is everything so fucking expensive nowadays? Wasn't getting factories in Japan supposed to make costs go down? That costs more than Riobots, some of the best mecha figures in the business and are around the same size.

"Hey, we can jack up the price by 100% and these morons will still buy it!"

tauke

Figure I post here about forwarding service in Japan (no pun intended).

Anyone here got experience with Tenso? I planning to get both light novels and books from Amazon JP and also figurines from Amiami but to ship separately is costly for me.

So I thought of using forwarding service to consolidate all the items so I can cut down on the shipment cost.

Also hi FigureGAF mainly a lurker here and my wallet is nearly dead. /back to doing art commission to pay off this month orders

MCD

Figure I post here about forwarding service in Japan (no pun intended).

Anyone here got experience with Tenso? I planning to get both light novels and books from Amazon JP and also figurines from Amiami but to ship separately is costly for me.

So I thought of using forwarding service to consolidate all the items so I can cut down on the shipment cost.

Also hi FigureGAF mainly a lurker here and my wallet is nearly dead. /back to doing art commission to pay off this month orders

I'm interested in forwarding services too since Yokatta is taking ages just to reply to a single request.

AmiAmi's got this F/SN Yui Nendoroid up for sale for 36k.
After doing some research to see if they made a pricing error, turns out it's just crazy rare. :p
I think it's interesting to see stuff like that when it turns up.
I used Tenso to order my Nendoroid Red from Amazon.jp!
They were very fast!
They just required identification with your address on it for legal reasons and proof of residence.
The only downside I noticed was the only shipping option seemed to be EMS, but if that doesn't bother you then I wholeheartedly reccomend them!

chrono01

Regarding X-Eros Cover Girl, I found another review about her and she looks a lot better in it. Her hair has more of a gradient and not nearly as dark as the previous pictures. Perhaps lighting has something to do with it?

Definitely NSFW

Edit - I removed the link, just in-case it was a bit too "NSFW". I've instead posted a single/updated picture.

Caladrius

Good to see Samus got pushed forward.
Karma naturally dictates that my next preorder figure will be delayed repeatedly.

Still no sight of the Nendo
It's been 2 weeks already. ( ' - ')

rubius01

Regarding X-Eros Cover Girl, I found another review about her and she looks a lot better in it. Her hair has more of a gradient and not nearly as dark as the previous pictures. Perhaps lighting has something to do with it?

The link is here and definitely NSFW.

huh. its not pixilated...

raven777

Definitely NSFW

Edit - I removed the link, just in-case it was a bit too "NSFW". I've instead posted a single/updated picture.

It certainly looks better than the initial 2ch photos(Obviously the review site has a lot better lighting condition and equipment) But I still think the gradation is nowhere near the original sample.

I do think she will still be a good figure. But the downgrade from sample still hurts.

rubius01

Hence the NSFW warning. :)

Edit: I just removed the link, just in-case it was a bit too..."lewd" for GAF standards. If you could edit it out of your quote, it'd be appreciated.

and i was making the observation that she didn't have barbie/ken private parts. thought there were indecency laws and what not in japan that applied.

chrono01

It certainly looks better than the initial 2ch photos(Obviously the review site has a lot better lighting condition and equipment) But I still think the gradation is nowhere near the original sample.

I do think she will still be a good figure. But the downgrade from sample still hurts.
Yeah, not quite up to the level of the prototype, but at least it's not a flat gray.

Still, I'd have preferred she look identical to the sample images. :(

and i was making the observation that she didn't have barbie/ken private parts. thought there were indecency laws and what not in japan that applied.
There's quite a few figures that have detail "down there". Mostly from Native and Skytube.

It's not really a selling point for me, since I generally display my figures cast-on.

Thanks for editing out the link, by the way. I'm not sure the level of "lewd" one can post [even with a NSFW warning], so I figured it'd be better to be safe just in-case. :)

Ken

So uh, is anyone picking up Labrys?

I kind of want her but then I kind of ordered that PG Unicorn in December and I don't think Gunpla are good at delaying things. :(

I'M SO CONFLICTED.

maybe i'll wait for an elphelt figure instead...

chrono01

So uh, is anyone picking up Labrys?

I kind of want her but then I kind of ordered that PG Unicorn in December and I don't think Gunpla are good at delaying things. :(

I'M SO CONFLICTED.

maybe i'll wait for an elphelt figure instead...
I was going to.

Then I saw the price. -_-

There's no possible way she'll make the January release date, though. I mean, this is Alter we're talking about. So if you're worried about it arriving so soon after December's pre-orders, I wouldn't be concerned.

raven777

Amagi Brilliant Park - Sento Isuzu
e8cf289e.png

6958d9f2.png

Today they showed sneak peak of the colored version.
Bz9rcnoCEAAGYj9.jpg:large

I love the character design from the anime so excited. But the figure is based on LN artwork, so not as extreme body as the anime it seems.

tumblr_mkq6msL7Ly1r1asoxo1_400.gif

Lol that Labrys price...

Chris Yukine: Bunny style
o0515069713097717448.jpg

From the anime series that has claimed fans all over the world, ‘Senki Zesshou Symphogear’ comes a 1/8th scale PVC figure of Chris Yukine! The figure features Chris dressed up in a bunny outfit, based on an illustration by the character designer and animation director of the series, Satoru Fujimoto! The illustration was used on the cover for the ‘Staff Book’ sold at the Satelight Booth at Comic Market 85.

The original illustration only featured the upper front half of Chris, so Satoru specially drew the remaining areas in order for the full design to be transformed into a figure by sculptor Abira. Each and every change was also supervised by Satoru himself to ensure a faithful rendition of the original! Everything from her curvy bottom, bountiful bosom and long slender legs have been beautifully sculpted for fans to enjoy! Even the slight frown on her face has been faithfully preserved!

Oooooohhh!! (ノ*´Д`)ノ

As if Chris-chan wasn’t already cute enough, she is now coming to us as a 1/7th scale figure in a sexy bunny girl outfit! ♪

Just look at the way her hips are twisted… or that embarrassed look on her face! Not to mention the shiny pink outfit and sexy stockings creating a very sexy appearance!

The figure is based on an illustration by the character designer and animation director of the series, Satoru Fujimoto, and sculpted beautifully into the 3D world by Abira (Purazuma Houriki Mokei)! The figure is released by AQUAMARINE!

Which means of course that as of this month, AQUAMARINE’s products are bring distributed by GOOD SMILE COMPANY!

So let’s get right back onto the figure!

This is how she looks from the back! ♡
o0515074413097717445.jpg

From the back you get a good look at her long and curly hair which also features a lovely purple gradient! The hair is also sculpted to match the flow of her twisting hips, adding to the dynamic feeling of the pose! ♪

The stockings are also painted so nicely!
You can tell how soft the skin underneath them is!

The sacred relic ‘Ichii-Bal’ is also included! (in a very comfortable place!)
o0515047813097932536.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------
o0515077313097717446.jpg

I really like that Chris figure.

How is Aquamarine's quality? Also do they usually sell out?

Seems like their qualities are alright saw this comment on one of their figures:
This figure is way over underrated. I know there are complaints about the paint job. But these are really minor when you consider the overall quality of the figure. Not an Alter definitely but closer to a kotobukiya.
Many things in this figure is great, from her melancholic expression to that awesomely sculpted flowing hair and her beautiful leaping posture.
The overall feel that she gives is so unique and special I feel sad that she was not loved by more people.
This figure is easily one of my top favorites.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/120935
As for selling out or not most of their figure seems to be still in stock/cheaper at least for several months but I have no idea how popular the source material is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom