• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
These last few pages...less drama and threats. More talking about the hobby that we all share and the reason we are all here in the first place.

Okay, I'm tired of the discussion now. Lemme know when duckroll or someone clarifies how the rules apply to FigureGAF.

Now is this an orange dress?
FIGURE-008770.jpg

I'm really tempted to buy her, but I don't want this to be a leaner.

TUSR

Banned
Okay, I'm tired of the discussion now. Lemme know when duckroll or someone clarifies how the rules apply to FigureGAF.

but it for yourself as a halloween present.

Giolon

Yeah kind of verifies my comment earlier that it's the commentary that is made with the figure/picture that basically lead to the lock down. And under those rules any age figure that has sexuality would be banned from this thread. Would include like most of your koto bishoujo's too imo. So best bet is to cut down the sexual talk in context to figures posted. if I recall correctly it was some disgusting shit cnet was saying in reference to anime characters that basically did it.

*IAONAM

I don't think any kind of comment about appearance is banned. This is a thread focused on collectible product - people are going to talk about what they look like, what they like about them, what they don't like about them. But you have to think "Is what I'm saying really creepy?" Like talking about jerking off onto figures (even jokingly)? Is it about a character that's clearly, clearly pre-pubescent wearing dental floss bending over? If the answer is yes, you have to think about what you're doing.

There's a judgment call to be made. There's a TOS, and it's somewhat vague so that they can apply it without people being able to go "but I was on this side of the line, not that side!" If you can use some common sense, you'll probably be fine. When in doubt, ask a mod.

If there's any figure image I ever think is questionable, I'll put it in a link w/ an NSFW disclaimer (which itself isn't a get out of jail free card for posting objectionable stuff) rather than embedding directly. It's courteous both to people who don't want to see it and people who can't see it while at work. Obviously people are going to disagree what the line for that is, but again maybe a mod can clarify.

I Am Obviously Not A Mod

cajunator

Banned

Its red. I have a figure of her (and hundreds of pics)
Shes pretty badass, elegant, and deadly.

Giolon

Looks orange to me. Whether she leans or not is going to be all up to the construction of her support leg (is there a metal rod inside?). I think no one will be able to tell until it's been out for some time. :( It definitely seems like a risk though. However, my VN02 Miku is a couple years old now and she has no leaning problem.

cajunator

Banned
Looks orange to me. Whether she leans or not is going to be all up to the construction of her support leg (is there a metal rod inside?). I think no one will be able to tell until it's been out for some time. :( It definitely seems like a risk though. However, my VN02 Miku is a couple years old now and she has no leaning problem.

Red. Promise.

chrono01

Yeah, it's orange. Perfect for Halloween.

You know what to do.

At least, it looks orange in the pictures [according to my monitor], although red is her original color. I'm sure the final result will be more red than orange.

OMG IT'S HAPPENING!

Shipping out from GSC on the 28th October 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Nana Kouzuki
Good Smile Racing - GSR Character Customize Series Big Sticker Set 008: Good Smile Hatsune Miku Z4 2014ver.
Phat Company - Kyoko Kirigiri
WING - Muramasa Sansei

Are you worried about her leaning over time because of her positioning on the stand?

Im not quite familiar with figures.

It depends on the pose, how the figure is weighted, and what kind of support it has. Mostly with older figures in odd poses there was/can be an issue where if left over time, weight will cause a figure to warp and thus start to lean. It's not as much of an issue these days because a lot of manufacturers insert metal rods into the leg of figures that place a large amount of weight on one limb.

cajunator

Banned
Are you worried about her leaning over time because of her positioning on the stand?

Ive had a Lala Deviluke and a Marika Space Pirate figure both in similar pose with no lean. As long as you keep the figures in a reasonably cool dry place

Bombless

The figure isn't centered on the anchor point. That could lead to issues over time. It doesn't happen that often anymore as manufacturers have started using tricks to avoid it, but I personally try to think about it when ordering a figure.

Full list, if anyone was curious.

Shipping out from GSC on the 28th October 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Nana Kouzuki
Good Smile Racing - GSR Character Customize Series Big Sticker Set 008: Good Smile Hatsune Miku Z4 2014ver.
Phat Company - Kyoko Kirigiri
WING - Muramasa Sansei

Shipping out from GSC on the 29th October 2014:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Armin Arlert
Good Smile Company - Jyubei Yagyu
Max Factory - COMBAT ARMORS MAX 03: 1/72nd Scale Abitate T10B Blockhead

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Delayed from October to November 2014:
Good Smile Company - Mio Honda: New Generation Ver.
Good Smile Company - Shimakaze
Max Factory - Kongo: Half-Damage ver.
Max Factory - I-58: Half-Damage ver.
Phat Company - figma Ninja Slayer
Phat Company - Medicchu KanColle Haruna
Phat Company - Medicchu KanColle: Akagi
Phat Company - Mika Jougasaki: Charisma Girl Ver.
Phat Company - Tsukushi Tsutsukakushi
GIFT - Super Sonico: Tiger Hoodie Ver.
FREEing - Cecilia Alcott: Bunny Ver.
ThreeA - Adventure Kartel Action Portable Series One
ThreeA - Iron Man Classic
ThreeA - Iron Man Silver Centurion
ThreeA - Team Fortress 2: Robot Pyro Blue
ThreeA - Team Fortress 2: Robot Pyro Red
ThreeA - Microman String Divers: SD01 Aki (Grey Suit)
ThreeA - Microman String Divers: SD02 Maxim (Black Suit)
ThreeA - Microman String Divers: SD03 Dante (Red Suit)
ThreeA - Microman String Divers: SD04 Sam (Blue Suit)
ThreeA - Microman String Divers: SD05 Julian (Clear Body)
threezero - Game of Thrones Tyrion Lannister

Delayed from October to February 2014:
Good Smile Company - Lamborghini Countach LP400 (Yellow)
Good Smile Company - Lamborghini Countach LP400 (Red)

Alright guys, for a change of pace, and since I did say I would once I finished moving in to my new house, here are my shitty cell phone pics of my extra bedroom

Basically I wanted to snap these since a lot of what I own isn't linkable on MFC.

I loved collecting the cheap things like the play arts, and I have a lot of stuff that came with collectors editions of games.

so basically all of my advent children play arts with amano's the sky as a back drop. 2 FF7 play arts I have below that with infamous 2 CE Cole and play arts kai lara croft (spot the replica ninja gaiden dragon sword in the corner)

temporary place for my Noel, nendo rachel, and makise. Hanging out near a random fantasy blade and cartman stick of truth CE bonus. Random CEs plopped in front.

Starcraft 2 figs with SC1 battlechest and both starcraft 2 CEs. I left room for final expansion collectors edition as well as 2 more figs

More stuff, 2 Persona 4, play arts kai lightning and yuna. Giant killzone helmet and infiltrator fig from CEs.Replica Samurai Edge airsoft gun, and some still boxed OG RE action figures on the bottom shelf

some random room pics for funzies. I wanted snaps of the whole room so I just added these. Full screen to see nathan drake and other things on the left of the dresser that needs replaced. Also randomly my games shelves, and a shot of the other side of the room with my L4D2 posters, magic cards, and CE games pile. Closer up shot of my CE pile with awesome sackboy plushie on top

And finally my play arts kai xiii-2 lightning hanging out with alduin statue from the skyrim CE. They hang out on my desk in my office

If I ever get a camera Ill try and take some good pictures, especially once I get some nicer shelving

Which Selvaria?
Dis one, found on amiami used for 121

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ah yes, Gaf continues its puriranical tirade. Now where is one supposed to go to discuss the fine aesthetics of sexy female figures of questionable age?

javac

Nice pictures ^^ :) Looks like a really cosy yet specious room.

All I've bought this month was Code Geass on Blu-ray, Gurren Lagann on Blu-ray, Steins;Gate on Blu-ray...and I may get Bayonetta 1+2 Special Edition. No figures which is good for my wallet! Cancelled Asuka Alter and Link and Satsuki Nendo. Next figure I'll get are the two PM kill La Kill figures and Satsuki Phat which I guess will be delayed until next year anyways :p

Ps4, arcade stick, gg. Yep

Call me a blasphemer, but standard controllers have always been my thing with fighters. Never really been able to use a stick to save my life.

Mobile dp. I wanttttttt kirigiri and nanami

You'll probably be waiting a while for Nanami, too. No way she's going to hit December.

Ah yes, Gaf continues its puriranical tirade. Now where is one supposed to go to discuss the fine aesthetics of sexy female figures of questionable age?

MFC, of course.

cajunator

Banned
Ugh. My order is going to be almost 60k before shipping this month. Is AmiAmi known to give extra time to pay for stuff? I'd be more comfortable with a couple extra weeks to pay for it all, since it's currently grouped into three shipments.

daaaaaamn. What all did you get?

MFC is a great place to start

daaaaaamn. What all did you get?

Batgirl bishoujo
Shiro
Kyoko Kirigiri
Namaniku ATK Artbook
Sansei Muramasa
Asuka (Jersey ver.)
Muse of Range Murata

It's mostly just a matter of a lot of shit that's been delayed and delayed all coming out NOW.

Maybe asking Duckroll isn't such a good idea. If he treats this thread like the anime thread half of us would be banned.

Ha ha. So maybe don't alert him to our presence. Try Dresden. He seems pretty laid-back. At least by comparison.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Maybe asking Duckroll isn't such a good idea. If he treats this thread like the anime thread half of us would be banned.

I won't even go there. Sometimes I see posts and I can't resist posting what's in my heart right there in the heat of the moment... I think it was only a matter of time before the inevitable ban or permaban. Probably for the best...

yami4ct

Don't typically buy Robot Damashiis, but damn if G-Self isn't just about perfect.

The proportions capture the very animated look really well and the colors are great. Love the way the clear parts pop. May have to get this one.

Don't typically buy Robot Damashiis, but damn if G-Self isn't just about perfect.

The proportions capture the very animated look really well and the colors are great. Love the way the clear parts pop. May have to get this one.

Yami gonna make me want to order some mecha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom