• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

7640a4f4.jpg

57cf287a.jpg

Very interesting...

But it's by Plum...so I shouldn't be expecting too much..

omlet

Yep, the translucent hair doesn't look bad up close IMO (I have Episode 1 version), but it can make some photos turn out looking a little weird.

RMI

Banned
I think that's probably the best looking KOS-MOS figure. But I think all KOS-MOS figures have weird hair and face.....

that one looks good but you can tell it's an older fig. The general quality of PVC lady figs has gone up over the years.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No, it's possible you saw her on the Pre-owned section of AmiAmi. They also sell event exclusives there.

Was it a Nendoroid? If so, that's probably the one.

I only really check the main new page, so I don't think so...

Are all used goods off Ami guaranteed to come with the box and the plastic packaging that holds the figure pieces together? I see that there's a grading system, but some of the photos only show the figure itself (in which I assume comes with a box too since the box has a grading as well?)

meijiko

Are all used goods off Ami guaranteed to come with the box and the plastic packaging that holds the figure pieces together? I see that there's a grading system, but some of the photos only show the figure itself (in which I assume comes with a box too since the box has a grading as well?)

If there's nothing indicating otherwise, it should come with everything. If it's missing parts it usually gets marked down as a "C" quality item and the price usually is a lot cheaper.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If there's nothing indicating otherwise, it should come with everything. If it's missing parts it usually gets marked down as a "C" quality item and the price usually is a lot cheaper.

Ah good to know! Guess I'll have to start browsing on there more :p (Well, try not to of course cause technically I shouldn't be buying figures with my current budget anyways >_>)

I'm kinda eh on his VA but otherwise best character. (Marion comes close for me though) This makes me want to replay it but the lack of New Game + scares me away from doing so. The game is good but the pacing was a turn-off towards the mid-late game.

I liked his VA. I still don't even know who it is but I like his voice.

I just wish I had time to replay the game again, lol

I should probably do it before Plus comes out in the West (so 2 more years)

omlet

They normally use the same stock as when items get listed as new rather than taking additional pictures of every secondhand item that comes in. B and up on item condition is a safe bet. Box condition is usually worse than the item (A/B and B/C is common) but you may not care about that. I have never seen a figure on amiami that said it didn't come with its original box.

Some A items may actually be re-sealed, so just be aware that you may not be the first person to let light and air into the packaging. I've had at least one A/B figure that was obviously previously opened and re-taped, but it was carefully re-taped so it wasn't like whoever had it before mistreated it or anything.

Finally, to expand on what meijiko said, if an item has something damaged or missing that was obvious to them without unboxing it, there will be a comment about that over on the right side of the page under the price. For example, they might have a comment about some bonus item being not included, an obvious paint flaw or discoloration, or a broken or missing piece (like additional hand/face/weapon pieces). These listings will usually be much cheaper so depending on what you're looking for that can either mean it's a great deal or something to avoid.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thus begins the downfall of Curler.

I like and collect too many things is my problem :/ Getting into Nenos is new for me, but I've been collecting Pokemon figures for years. Been cutting down a lot (depends which collection I'm more into at the time), but still some sets I avidly collect. Tomy is awesome!!

As for Nenos, I already own 5 that I got this year, with 3 on pre-order..

Einbroch

Banned
I like and collect too many things is my problem :/ Getting into Nenos is new for me, but I've been collecting Pojemon figures for years. Been cutting down a lot (depends which collection I'm more into at the time), but still some sets I avidly collect. Tomy is awedome!!

Nendos are truly a terror.

18 on preorder.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nendos are truly a terror.

18 on preorder.

I'm more picky with which ones I get. Most of the ones on my wants list have already been OOP for a while. Kind if helps too I guess, since most of those are priced accordingly, so I would want to deal hunt for those ones.

I paid more than I wanted for Trainer Red, but he was kind of a PokeCen exclusive.

Arclaid

I like and collect too many things is my problem :/ Getting into Nenos is new for me, but I've been collecting Pokemon figures for years. Been cutting down a lot (depends which collection I'm more into at the time), but still some sets I avidly collect. Tomy is awesome!!

Just out of curiosity, how many MonColle figures do you have? I only bought a few back in '98/'99, but I've been thinking about getting a couple more. Gotta limit myself to evolution lines I've used in my party, though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just out of curiosity, how many MonColle figures do you have? I only bought a few back in '98/'99, but I've been thinking about getting a couple more. Gotta limit myself to evolution lines I've used in my party, though.

I'd have to count :p When Tomy went international, their Series 1 figures were glossy and ok, Series 2 had an attrocious glossy paint job, but the new XY figures reverted to a matte finishing and are AMAZING!! ...need ti check out TRU for the new sets soon (love the Super/Hyper-Sized line! Matte finish and highly detailed).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People who keep the boxes, do you keep all the little bits of plastic that are wrapped around the joints incase you plan of reselling it?

Arclaid

I'd have to count :p When Tomy went international, their Series 1 figures were glossy and ok, Series 2 had an attrocious glossy paint job, but the new XY figures reverted to a matte finishing and are AMAZING!! ...need ti check out TRU for the new sets soon (love the Super/Hyper-Sized line! Matte finish and highly detailed).

Nice, matte finish is always a plus. Was looking at the Super-size Venusaur and Greninja before. Guess I'll have to hunt them down
and put another burden on my wallet. :(

RMI

Banned
People who keep the boxes, do you keep all the little bits of plastic that are wrapped around the joints incase you plan of reselling it?

yes, and those little pieces came in really handy during a recent move.

On a side note I did lose one piece of an actual figure though, the little hook that connects Kongiku's lantern to the handle has gone missing somewhere. I replaced it with a piece of thread which seems to work much better actually, haha. Have you guys ever lost a piece of a figure? What do you do?

omlet

Yep, very handy when moving. I keep everything except the little plastic-coated wire ties.

On a side note I did lose one piece of an actual figure though, the little hook that connects Kongiku's lantern to the handle has gone missing somewhere. I replaced it with a piece of thread which seems to work much better actually, haha. Have you guys ever lost a piece of a figure? What do you do?

I lost the glasses for my Ignis figure :( Not really anything to do about it, unfortunately. They were kind of a weird piece to include with the figure, though, since they didn't have ear hooks (just the front frame) so they didn't even really fit on her face in the first place. They got lost when I moved out of my parents' place. Kind of a shame but I don't really miss them much.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, matte finish is always a plus. Was looking at the Super-size Venusaur and Greninja before. Guess I'll have to hunt them down
and put another burden on my wallet. :(

If you are located in NA, they are pretty easy to find right now at Toys r Us! Both great figures :) They come in 4-packs, so I think of the regular MCs as a bonus, since I focus on the supers/hypers.

Need to look for the packs that have M Lucario, M Mewtwo X/Y, and M Blaziken. Each come with pretty good "bonus" MCs in them.

Meyneth

I don't plan on reselling but yeah, I keep everything.
I also try to avoid damaging the packaging as much as possible. Like cu-poche option pieces come with tape on top (to keep them in) and I gently peel the tape back instead of just tearing it off. If I have to cut stuff I get my little scalpel knife and discreetly cut whatever it is.

When I get nendo petits/blind boxes I make a little cut at the top of the box/bag and slip the item out, and I keep all of that packaging too

chrono01

I keep everything inside the box. It's not as though it's taking up an additional room [since I'm keeping the box anyway] and you never know when you might need it.

Oh, Asuka [Alter] review here. First The Muse of Range Murata and now Asuka, Alter is having a great month.

http://toy-navi.net/archives/40855835.html

omlet

I keep everything in the box. I don't know about the "plastic wrapped around the joints" you all are referencing, however.

The sheets of soft clear plastic meant to prevent paint transfer that are usually wrapped around body parts like legs/hair/torsos and stuck between removable pieces like in wrists/necks/shoulders joints on figures with alternate heads or limbs.

Ultimadrago

The sheets of soft clear plastic meant to prevent paint transfer that are usually wrapped around body parts like legs/hair/torsos and stuck between removable pieces like in wrists/necks/shoulders joints on figures with alternate heads or limbs.

Aaah, those. Yeah, I keep them as well.

Hey, gaiz. What happens if you miss a payment cutoff with AmiAmi? I really don't wanna spend 60k next week. I might have some orders reconfigured and drop the rest. I definitely want Shiro, bishoujo Batgirl, and Kyoko, but I might be able to live without the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom