• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Wow, what made you change your mind on the Mushibugyo figure? You wanted that pretty fierce a while back.

Spending $120 on a figure of a girl from an mediocre anime just because she was cute isn't a wise idea, I realized. If she drops in price fiercely then maybe in the future, but not now.

Arclaid

If you are located in NA, they are pretty easy to find right now at Toys r Us! Both great figures :) They come in 4-packs, so I think of the regular MCs as a bonus, since I focus on the supers/hypers.

Need to look for the packs that have M Lucario, M Mewtwo X/Y, and M Blaziken. Each come with pretty good "bonus" MCs in them.

I don't live in the US, but the Toys R Us here seems to stock them as well. The only problem is that I don't really live near one, so I guess I'll have to get them online.

Kinda tempted with Sallya and Shibuya Rin. How are they?

Don't own Tharja/Sallya myself, but everyone else seems to love her. The base seems to be a dust magnet but you can display her without it.

raven777

Don't own Tharja/Sallya myself, but everyone else seems to love her. The base seems to be a dust magnet but you can display her without it.

Thanks. I am currently considering it...I like the figure but the face is not really my type..

Also this is going up for preorder tomorrow.

54476DDD452B500017

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To answer my own question. I'm a mixed bag. I think I've thrown away some of the tiny bits of plastic wrap with some figures but kept them for others but kept the bigger plastic bags. I don't really plan on selling things and I'm not likely to move often. As pointed out, you're keep the box so it is easy enough to just keep them in the box. Well I'll be more careful in the future.

NotLiquid

FigureGAF, I need assistance. One of my October orders got delayed so that's at least $100 less to worry about for this month but I still got a lot to pay for and I can't really bank on the rest of them being delayed (even though late October is technically right now and no order seems ready yet). I've been considering to use AmiAmi's combine feature to take my most expensive order this month and combine it with a less expensive one I have in December. Can anyone vouch for the feasibility of doing that?

I see that Kirigiri might get delayed again so if that actually happens I might just hold off on doing this. Nvm Kirigiri October 28.

Ken

FigureGAF, I need assistance. One of my October orders got delayed so that's at least $100 less to worry about for this month but I still got a lot to pay for and I can't really bank on the rest of them being delayed (even though late October is technically right now and no order seems ready yet). I've been considering to use AmiAmi's combine feature to take my most expensive order this month and combine it with a less expensive one I have in December. Can anyone vouch for the feasibility of doing that?

I see that Kirigiri might get delayed again so if that actually happens I might just hold off on doing this.

I thought you can only combine orders in the same month?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'd like to apologize to figuregaf...
Einbroch, and RMI more specifically...

Since Friday night I've had a toothache that has just been getting worse daily, and it's made me easily irritable and cranky, went to the Dentist yesterday and while she said she found nothing wrong with my teeth she did give me antibiotics in case of an unseen infection. Today the pain has been subsiding so I'm hoping I'll be back to normal soon.

Moving right along, I had to order the Koto Seraphim, too elegant to pass up...

tauke

Woops better share my experience here since I can't find this problem at Google.

Seems like Amiami doesn't ship to Tenso since their reason is they don't ship to forwarding service. Guess I'll just need to spend more money for shipment since I got some stuff from Amazon JP too.

Nendoroid Kurumi Tokisaki

o0515049513104838055.jpg

From the popular light novel and anime series ‘Date A Live II’ comes the third Nendoroid from the series – Kurumi Tokisaki wearing her Goth-Loli Astral Dress!She comes with three expressions including a mysterious sidelong glance, a condescending expression as well as a maddened expression showing off her fearless disposition. Optional parts include both Zafkiel’s musket and pistol, allowing you to pose her in the various poses she took while firing shots from them! Enjoy the adorable madness of Kurumi in Nendoroid size!
o0515037513104838277.jpg
o0515046313105095413.jpg
Look the perfect tie for Snkfanatic:
117225.jpg

The worst part about working a 9-to-5--aside from it being a job--is the separation anxiety caused from being away from my waifu. Nijigen Cospa has just the prescription for my disorder. These K-On! ties hide an illustration of your favorite girl on the back so I can sneak to the bathroom for my private after school teatime anytime. I don't take cigarette breaks so at least allow me that much!

Official homepage: http://nijigencospa.com/event/id/9018
And the perfect game for TPB if it weren't Japanese smartphones only XD:
Hatsune%20Miku%20RPG

Get your headphones ready because the smartphone music RPG, Hatsune Miku Graphy Collection: Nazo no Ongaku Suisei, is right around the corner. Collect items during the grid-based quest mode, battle bosses with cards you collect and customize Miku's wardrobe to boost your stats. Pre-register now for a super-awesome-hyper-shiny SR+ card and go from noob to OP faster than your friends.

Official homepage: http://www.crypton.co.jp/mikucolle_app/index_pc.php

And apparently the Beach Queen Mitsuru and Chie will be on sale tomorrow... :__; might be tempted cause Persona T-T

Edit: BGBW confirmed to be playing PSO2 where language is a barrier he'll overcome XD

Is there anywhere decent to order stuff from that doesn't ship via EMS? I'm UK based, which means EMS items always go through import tax / delivery charge hell.

EMS tends to be for the hugest of parcel so are you ordering large items? If not use SAL registered/unregistered (unregistered tends to get caught less in customs), if you can use either BigInJapan where you'll have to tell them to mark the value down or Nippon-Yasan who'll do it automatically. Also heard Mandrake marks down their parcels but I haven't used them so someone will have to confirm this for me.

tauke

EMS tends to be for the hugest of parcel so are you ordering large items? If not use SAL registered/unregistered (unregistered tends to get caught less in customs), if you can use either BigInJapan where you'll have to tell them to mark the value down or Nippon-Yasan who'll do it automatically. Also heard Mandrake marks down their parcels but I haven't used them so someone will have to confirm this for me.

I ordered a few stuff from Mandarake and they usually just label it as gift. At most they put a value of 1000 yen lol.

I'm ordering a 23cm figure and a 10cm nendo, but I don't know much about figures so I'm not sure what counts as "large". SAL would probably be okay for the nendo (not sure about the figure) so I'll check out the links you posted, thanks.

NotLiquid

Got my Metallica, will take pictures later. Box is huuuuge.

8c02e951.png

preorder starts next week

Really hope the full thing looks better. Paint job looks a bit sloppy here and the face looks awkward.

I wish there were better Satsuki scales (and in unsynchronized forms). The one in December looks great but the pose could be a lot more dynamic like the Ryuko one.

Oh well I look forward to the Nendo. That comes out tomorrow doesn't it?

I ordered a few stuff from Mandarake and they usually just label it as gift. At most they put a value of 1000 yen lol.
Oh there you have it then.
I'm ordering a 23cm figure and a 10cm nendo, but I don't know much about figures so I'm not sure what counts as "large". SAL would probably be okay for the nendo (not sure about the figure) so I'll check out the links you posted, thanks.

Those should be SAL-able but probably depends on her box size, my Goku was the same size and the box was this big but it was SAL-able (not my photo):
Bought from BiJ asked them to mark it below 2000JPY and they did =D, the box was about 31cm and the parcel box was overall 38cm.

Edit: Here's the maximum restriction etc for SAL parcels, main thing to think about is the 2KG weight restriction.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Amiibos are gonna depend on paint quality, only one I really want is Samus, might get Marth and Link, but only if I can cherry pick. Using the DIsney Infinity 2.0 figures as a barometer the paint jobs can vary from excellent to piss poor. I had to visit 3 stores to find one Venom that had a cleanly painted spider on his chest...

yami4ct

It begins!

I absolutely love seeing Figuarts at the grey prototype stage. We don't get it often enough. Drive himself looks like he's as good a sculpt as the Gaim figures. Time will tell if the paint works out. I haven't seen a proper translation, but I saw someone say the Japanese text mentions that the Tire Change gimmick will also be present on this one. Cool for those that want that, but I'll be leaving him in Speed mode regardless. Really hope Bandai uses the headlight on Eyes from the show as opposed to the more boring off look. The head is so damn striking with the lighted eyes.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Figma Sakura is looking more and more amazing every time I see her.

I wants!!! (Pre-order can open any time now :p)

Speaking of Sakura, got an email that her Neno got delayed ANOTHER month >_> Every month I have something coming out (this month was the SHFiguart Mega Blazkizen, this month is the Neno Suigintou), but I can't really bundle it if they keep delaying it :/

Is there normally delays with Nenos? Guess this is the first time I've pre-ordered any that weren't already out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom