• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Hey, gaiz. What happens if you miss a payment cutoff with AmiAmi? I really don't wanna spend 60k next week. I might have some orders reconfigured and drop the rest. I definitely want Shiro, bishoujo Batgirl, and Kyoko, but I might be able to live without the rest.

damn dude.... Maybe just email them and ask them to modify the order. I don't think they're going to care. They know you'll be back for more.

damn dude.... Maybe just email them and ask them to modify the order. I don't think they're going to care. They know you'll be back for more.

Yeah, probably the best idea. I definitely want some of them, but I really don't wanna spend that much on toys in one week. It would be ridiculous.

chrono01

Hey, gaiz. What happens if you miss a payment cutoff with AmiAmi? I really don't wanna spend 60k next week. I might have some orders reconfigured and drop the rest. I definitely want Shiro, bishoujo Batgirl, and Kyoko, but I might be able to live without the rest.
It's definitely better to contact them to ask to remove an item or two from your order than to simply ignore the payment request and let it become overdue.

It sounds like you do enough business with them, if you explain why you're cancelling an item and apologize, I'm sure they'll oblige.

Caladrius

I kind of want a Luka Megurine Nendo to go with the Len one. On the other hand I reaallly want a Teddie one.

It'll be awhile before I can afford another figure, but I may as well plan ahead.

I liked his VA. I still don't even know who it is but I like his voice.

I just wish I had time to replay the game again, lol

I should probably do it before Plus comes out in the West (so 2 more years)

He's not bad, and it's charming in the guy-next-door sense, I just didn't think it fit the highfalutin city-dweller angle they were trying to convey.

And I'd actually wait until Plus comes out. There might be good costumes to use.

Bombless

I kind of want a Luka Megurine Nendo to go with the Len one. On the other hand I reaallly want a Teddie one.

It'll be awhile before I can afford another figure, but I may as well plan ahead.

xxfgZat.jpg

I have yet to unbox them but I'm super happy to have found them all at the GSC booth in London back in May. Well, all but Luka who was sold out, got her through Amiami.

60k is a lot. I forgot what was my biggest. Just ask to cancel one or two

I trimmed it down by a good bit. I just kept Kyoko, Batgirl bishoujo and Shiro.

I just really didn't wanna cancel anything from AmiAmi anymore since I've been good at keeping all my future pre-orders for 2015 down to two or less per month. But after delays from previous months, I've just be agonizing too much about spending $600 on toys in a single week, and it's not worth it. Worst-case scenario and they ban me, then I start using Hobbysearch. *shrug*

johnsmith

remember me
Half my problem is that I like everything. I have to learn to shit on everything like johnsmith. XD
Hey man. I wish there was more stuff being released good enough to preorder. I'd have all the marvel and dc bishoujos preordered at least if I couldn't get them cheaper through amazon. It makes me sad that nothing new is coming out that matches the better figures I own.

RMI

Banned
I trimmed it down by a good bit. I just kept Kyoko, Batgirl bishoujo and Shiro.
Worst-case scenario and they ban me, then I start using Hobbysearch. *shrug*

pretty sure I've cancelled as many items as I've paid for in the past 6 months. They really don't care that much.

No Muse of Range Murata or Asuka? :(

Nah, I had to make cuts somewhere. I already have Koto's 1/6 Asuka, and now their Misato as well. And Muse is adorable but looks pretty plain if we're being honest. And Muramasa is from source material I know fuck-all about.

On the bright side, I'm good now. Forever.

pretty sure I've cancelled as many items as I've paid for in the past 6 months. They really don't care that much.

I've cancelled a bunch from them in the past year and a half, but I always buy a good bit more than I don't.

chrono01

Where's that Doctorintherain.gif when you need it.
Here, have a Renge-chan.

ibqVmj9bQ5DHqI.gif

Nah, I had to make cuts somewhere. I already have Koto's 1/6 Asuka, and now their Misato as well. And Muse is adorable but looks pretty plain if we're being honest. And Muramasa is from source material I know fuck-all about.
I am saddened, but a man/woman must do what a man/woman must do. I can kind of understand the cancellation of Auska [since you own Kotobukiya's version, and she's fantastic], but the Muse of Range Murata/Sansei Muramasa cuts a pretty deep wound.

Glad to hear that your finances are more manageable now, though, so that's a definite positive.

I am saddened, but a man/woman must do what a man/woman must do. I can kind of understand the cancellation of Auska [since you own Kotobukiya's version, and she's fantastic], but the Muse of Range Murata/Sansei Muramasa cuts a pretty deep wound.

Glad to hear that your finances are more manageable now, though, so that's a definite positive.

It saddened me, too. I did want them, just not nearly as much as the other three.

It wasn't really a matter of my finances being in danger so much as my inability to justify $600 in a single week on toys. I may be irresponsible, but even I can't talk myself into that one.

Hey man. I wish there was more stuff being released good enough to preorder. I'd have all the marvel and dc bishoujos preordered at least if I couldn't get them cheaper through amazon. It makes me sad that nothing new is coming out that matches the better figures I own. But I don't spontaneously pre-order random things anymore without thinking about it first.

I didn't mean it in a negative way. You don't seem to get caught up as much in the initial excitement of pre-orders opening on pretty solid-looking figures. I may tease you about it, but it's not a bad attitude to have.

I'll always pre-order Marvel / DC bishoujos immediately and without exception, but on the other stuff, I've been putting more effort into holding off and thinking about whether I really really need it. Himeji was a no-brainer because I've been looking forward to her since the prototype, and I took the time to fit her into my figure budget.

Caladrius

I have yet to unbox them but I'm super happy to have found them all at the GSC booth in London back in May. Well, all but Luka who was sold out, got her through Amiami.

chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Now I want a complete set.

Some of those figures probably aren't widely available any more though, huh

RMI

Banned

I have no idea what the secondary market for nendos is like, but recommend figinstock and regularly searching mandarake when you're trying to track down a sold out fig. Worst case scenario is buying on MFC but beware of scams (which will never happen on AmiAmi or Mandarake).

meijiko

The vocaloid nendoroids pop up pretty often used on AmiAmi and mandarake for $20-$30. There's probably a few up even now, if you look. I think it's because they never really went out of print. GSC keeps stocking them for when they go to conventions.

Bombless

The vocaloid nendoroids pop up pretty often used on AmiAmi and mandarake for $20-$30. There's probably a few up even now, if you look. I think it's because they never really went out of print. GSC keeps stocking them for when they go to conventions.

Yeah, I got Kaito, Rin and Len from the GSC booth at London Comic Con. They had just run out of Luka as well. Grabbed her used off Amiami for 2400JPY a week later. They are definitely not uncommon.

Keep in mind both Miku and Meiko were re-released, so the others might follow.

Caladrius

I have no idea what the secondary market for nendos is like, but recommend figinstock and regularly searching mandarake when you're trying to track down a sold out fig. Worst case scenario is buying on MFC but beware of scams (which will never happen on AmiAmi or Mandarake).

Yeah, I got Kaito, Rin and Len from the GSC booth at London Comic Con. They had just run out of Luka as well. Grabbed her used off Amiami for 2400JPY a week later. They are definitely not uncommon.

Keep in mind both Miku and Meiko were re-released, so the others might follow.

Ah. I'll keep an eye out for them then, thanks.

Bombless

Btw Kitakami's wearing the japanese marines uniform since she was mostly used as a high speed troop transport. Her weaponry however predates that role.

kewlmyc

Eh, I think it does have something to do with how much business you give them.

I give them just as much business as you I think, so I'm going to risk it and try to even out my October order as well. Getting rid of the following:

Mushibugyo 1/7 Complete Figure
Namaniku ATK Illustrations Namaniku Teishoku
Dwell - Dragon's Crown: Tiki -Adventure Result- 1/1 Complete Figure

I give them just as much business as you I think, so I'm going to risk it and try to even out my October order as well. Getting rid of the following:

Mushibugyo 1/7 Complete Figure
Namaniku ATK Illustrations Namaniku Teishoku
Dwell - Dragon's Crown: Tiki -Adventure Result- 1/1 Complete Figure

Wow, what made you change your mind on the Mushibugyo figure? You wanted that pretty fierce a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom