• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
bQO2Q8C.jpg

mHJgHww.gif

amiibos are a fuckin' clown show, surprising no one

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
According to the Amiibo thread, it's just bad lighting though.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They are bad photos, but Shopped prototypes will always be better anyways, compared to the actual product.

I just wasn't expecting anything super-high quality or anything to complain about them.
...yeah I have some pre-ordered. Easy set to complete.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/

Doesn't go up for sale until tomorrow and more then likely won't come out for at least a year. Sideshow can also have delays just as bad as Alter/GSC

It's 1/4th scale, made of polystone, and it's gonna be $399.99 + shipping...

Sideshow Blog post with even more pictures of Kier:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/int...-dead-premium-format-figure-court-of-the-dead

Besides deposits, do they do a full activation charge on your card when preordering?

Glad that Poison Ivy print sold out, else I'd be tempted to buy it.
Me too.

I don't know what people were thinking at $13. For that price, they honestly don't seem bad. I'm just an optimist with them.
That reminds me that I need to cancel my preorder for these. I wonder how varied the paint jobs will be.

chrono01

I was going to purchase the line of Amiibo's, but now I might just grab my favorite/mainline characters [Mario, Zelda, Peach, etc.] and leave it at that. Saves me a bit of money, though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know anything about the series, but Koto is going all-in on Black Butler.

Black Butler is great! I really enjoyed Book of Circus as well (but uhhh just forget that Black Butler II existed... still need to read the manga...)

A great figure there, but I wish I was into Nendos back then to get a Sebastian one.

apricot

Sob that Sebastian figure is gorgeous. Luckily I've never read/seen the series so I can use that to keep myself from buying it >_>

I was going to purchase the line of Amiibo's, but now I might just grab my favorite/mainline characters [Mario, Zelda, Peach, etc.] and leave it at that. Saves me a bit of money, though.

For me the only good thing about Amiibo coming is that I can actually get a few Fire Emblem character figures now.
Ike would never get a mass release figure otherwise.

So Metroid, Zelda and Fire Emblem characters for me only.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Glad that Poison Ivy print sold out, else I'd be tempted to buy it.
I really should posted about them coming out over the weekend, you rarely seem to buy anything...

How big are they? I didn't see it listed. $80 is pretty nuts, though. I get signed prints for under $50.

In the product description:

This 18x24" hand-numbered, limited edition gallery art print includes a penciled artist signature and embossed seal of authenticity.

Besides deposits, do they do a full activation charge on your card when preordering?

You mean do they check if your card works? The deposit should cover that, I'm not aware of any other charges...

That Samus Amiibo doesn't look that bad, more cleanly painted then I expected too boot. I'll still have to see her in hand, I don't really need her since I have the figma/PVC combo, but Samus merch is so rare I'll still nab a well painted one...

Edit: Vertex DC Tiki pushed back a month :(

Also another figure in the Samurai Princess Muramasa line, is this one a Castle too? Doesn't look like it..
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/261121

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's not a $13 figurine, it's a $13 NFC figurine. Subtract the NFC parts and the figurine itself is likely worth $5-$7. Honestly, the prototypes didn't look that good in the first place, especially the more realistic human ones, so I'm surprised people are surprised with how they turned out.

It's not a $13 figurine, it's a $13 NFC figurine. Subtract the NFC parts and the figurine itself is likely worth $5-$7. Honestly, the prototypes didn't look that good in the first place, especially the more realistic human ones, so I'm surprised people are surprised with how they turned out.
subtract the NFC parts and its about a $12 figure

StayDead

I've just got some of my newer figures I can't display open out of their blister packs for the first time as it''s been a few months giving them some air.

I wish I could display them all ;_;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I suppose a different coloured searchlight is an OK exclusive for GoodSmile, certainly better than a tiny scissor blade.

Still not enough to make me pay their premium plus postage (not that I was going to buy a nendo Batman)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Kier is up for pre-order!!

Product size: 28" H (711.2mm) x 10" W (254mm) x 7" L (177.8mm)

Due out in August 2015 (lol gonna get delayed), with a $40 NRD (non refundable deposit) when you pre-order, the lowest Flexpay price is $51.43 a month, and you don't have to start paying for her until February if you go that option, however always remember if you go flexpay there is a cancellation fee that increases the longer you wait to cancel.

george_us

Due out in August 2015 (lol gonna get delayed), with a $40 NRD (non refundable deposit) when you pre-order, the lowest Flexpay price is $51.43 a month, and you don't have to start paying for her until February if you go that option, however always remember if you go flexpay there is a cancellation fee that increases the longer you wait to cancel.
Annnnd bought.

Ah that is pretty cool how they let you do payments. Smart of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom