• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

Skirt is painted and Koto was VERY sloppy painting the white skirt accents. It was ridiculous.
Wait wait wait

The plastic that they molded the skirt out of is a different colour? And then they painted it purple??

Why didn't they just use purple pvc???

I guess you gotta find some similar colored paint. Most markers are alcohol/water based. So you'll either end up staining the figure or the marker ink won't want to stay on top of the acrylic paint. :/

Edit: Maybe a crayola marker might work? You'll probably never get the white paint as dark as the skirt, but it should look less noticeable. And you'll be able to wipe away any excess that gets on the skirt part pretty easily.

george_us

haha, yea, they really pissed me off. they canceled my preorder with no reason attached. i'm no longer buying from them unless i have no choice.
Yeah with all of the complaints about N-Y I've been hearing from people, I would like to avoid them as much as possible. Only order I have with them is Mammon, and if she wasn't sold out everywhere else I'd probably cancel that.

Just some updated shots of recent KLK pickups :)

ibeN0MzwzRSpZF.JPG

iKoCyzyHRI6JK.JPG

iMWsz0JTmnXhN.JPG

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Skirt is painted and Koto was VERY sloppy painting the white skirt accents. It was ridiculous.

Just get acrylic or enamel paint, and hide it behind a purple. Just don't expect to get the same purple, it will never happen unless you had an eye for color. At least the flaw won't be too obvious from a distance. I guess marker will also works.

I wouldn't recommend removing the white paint, the paints are most likely sealed under lacquer. Plus the chance is you will also harm the purple around the white spot.

On topics that aren't horrifyingly disgusting, my Dragon Ball SCultures Bulma showed up today! After failing to get in on pre-orders everywhere, I managed to snag one from Nippon-Yasan a few weeks ago after release. For such a cheap price, she's really quite detailed!

Man, I need some cash. Bulma looks great.

Meyneth

Just get acrylic or enamel paint, and hide it behind a purple. Just don't expect to get the same purple, it will never happen unless you had an eye for color. At least the flaw won't be too obvious from a distance. I guess marker will also works.

I wouldn't recommend removing the white paint, the paints are most likely sealed under lacquer. Plus the chance is you will also harm the purple around the white spot.
Yeah, removal would only work if the white paint was the only paint on the piece. Otherwise there's the risk of removing the under paint too.

You'd be surprised how tough factory acrylic paint is, dark colours are the hardest to remove.
Nendo faces aren't too bad though

Zombine

Banned
hello Nami

nami_mugiwara2_main.jpg

Wow! This figure is glorious. I freaking love it.

I just put my preorder down on this guy:

GHOSTBUSTERS-GHOSTBUSTER-DOMO-POP-VINYL-FIGURE-1024x737.png

I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering the other two as well.

Hopefully you guys will accept me and my awful spending habits. I'm a ComicGAF ex-pat.

Luigi87

They're up for preorder here.

Correction, Slimer Domo is the best Domo.

Man, let me tell you guys; that Kotobukiya pannel at NYCC had me hyped. Kotobukiya Zatanna is going to be a must have.

zatanna-bishoujo-statue-catalog-dc-comics-kotobukiya.jpg

Just waiting to see her sculpt finally painted, but so very excited for Zatanna. Already have Bishoujo Batwoman pre-ordered (and Juri from SF as well).

Edit: I just realized my B&W Harley Quinn second edition pre-order at BBTS still says Pre-Order October 2014
*stare*

Bombless

Are we allowed enjoy DC's girl figures here? Such as Harley Quinn?

I collect Bombshells.

You enjoy whatever you want, post away :)

I'll be ordering this kit as soon as it's available.
wMxyNHy.jpg

Bearguy III is the best gundam kit I've ever assembled, no way I'm passing on getting him a family!

Messi

Correction, Slimer Domo is the best Domo.

Just waiting to see her sculpt finally painted, but so very excited for Zatanna. Already have Bishoujo Batwoman pre-ordered (and Juri from SF as well).

Edit: I just realized my B&W Harley Quinn second edition pre-order at BBTS still says Pre-Order October 2014
*stare*

No doubt there will be issues with that Harley release like the first edition.

I love mine though :)

Zombine

Banned
*stare*

I was pretty devistated when Freeza told me that our preorders for the 2nd edition of Death statue was delayed. I have no idea when that is coming out at this point.

I just hope this doesn't affect my iZombie Gwen statue order ._.

Wow! This figure is glorious. I freaking love it.

That's actually the second Mugiwara version of Nami. It's a huge improvement over the first one, IMO.
This is the original, which didn't come out that long ago:

I just put my preorder down on this guy:

I wasn't really into the DC Domo figures, but these look hilarious.

Are we allowed enjoy DC's girl figures here? Such as Harley Quinn?

I collect Bombshells.

You can post anything you want, Messi.

I was pretty devistated when Freeza told me that our preorders for the 2nd edition of Death statue was delayed. I have no idea when that is coming out at this point.

December 17th was the date I heard over at Statue Forum. It always astounds me when reissues get delayed. Don't they remember the steps from the last release?

I wouldn't worry about Gwen. They usually have different teams handling different products.

She looks like a little girl pretending to be a magician... she's going to be one of the best DC bishoujos yet!

I agree!

Settin

Come join the Mammon club in the FML section. We meet every night at the bar.

Zombine

Banned
Besides boobs, I do love the pose of the second Nami much more. If I turn my basement into a bar I would love to put that on a shelf.

And speaking of One Piece, does anyone have a review of the Chopper robot model kits? Do they look janky when combined? I want to pick them up so bad, but I want to know what I'm getting into first.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Looks like next week my father-n-law and I will tackle the loft, I can soon get out my whole collection. I got off my ass and spent 2 hours getting the lighting in my detolfs done (pardon the boxes):

Took a before shot of what I currently have set up:

And also freed from her cage:

Decided to jump on the Horror bishoujo train, Freddy just came out in the UK, and the Jason should hit at the end of the month. Have no room for the Sideshow Horror PF's and this is the next best thing. Plus I don't want to pass on them and regret it later when/if more are released...

Messi

Does Ikea sell glass display cases I could use for my figures? I mostly buy Bombshells or Hot Toys stuff.

I wonder why the super girl bombshell 2nd edition was delayed from October to Winter 2014 which is much more ominous.

Zombine

Banned
Decided to jump on the Horror bishoujo train, Freddy just came out in the UK, and the Jason should hit at the end of the month. Have no room for the Sideshow Horror PF's and this is the next best thing. Plus I don't want to pass on them and regret it later when/if more are released...

I spy the Amazon's leg. Dragon's Crown was so awesome. I'm looking to get that Witch Statue sometime soon.

Does Ikea sell glass display cases I could use for my figures? I mostly buy Bombshells or Hot Toys stuff.

I wonder why the super girl bombshell 2nd edition was delayed from October to Winter 2014 which is much more ominous.

Yeah. You'd want either a detolf, or a billy bookcase. The glass doors on the billy have panels you can remove so you can see through the glass. The model I bought was $80, and the glass doors were sold separately at $50/ea. (ouch). For Hot Toys, you're better off with detolfs.

I own two detolfs and a billy w/glass doors.

I spy the Amazon's leg. Dragon's Crown was so awesome. I'm looking to get that Witch Statue sometime soon.

I grabbed all three of the MegaHouse Dragon's Crown figures. They're pretty big. They seem larger than 1/7.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Yes, Ikea sell the Detolf which is the glass display case most go for, they are cheap and will keep your higher value collectible mostly dust free. Best solution for Hot Toys...

Yeah Dragon's Crown is awesome, and so are the figures, if you can nab 'em do so...

They are a favorite among figure collectors. I plan to do something like this with them

oh man, that Love is War DX Miku is huge.

The Detolf is exactly what I am after and they have them in Ikea in Ireland. Yes.

Yeah, those are great. I like that they let you see things from a bunch of different angles since they're entirely glass. You still do have to dust them out once every few months or so, because they're not airtight or anything. The dust buildup is pretty slow, though.

I am ordering this as we speak. Holy crap I love it.

Yeah, that one is pretty hilarious. That's one of the P.O.P. figures from MegaHouse, yeah?

omlet

They are a favorite among figure collectors. I plan to do something like this with them

mV0iI9r.jpg

Is that piece on the bottom an Ikea thing, too? I'm going to be adding a third Detolf soon and kind of want to raise them and add lightning to do something like this. I could build something, but if they make something not too expensive it would be be nice for a consistent look. Just wish Ikea wasn't so far away...

My setup currently has no room left in the inn...and I really need to do something about it before Homua gets here in December!

kewlmyc

mV0iI9r.jpg

Putting 3 Detolfs on one Kallax would make me paranoid as hell. Detolfs are heavy as hell, how can a single Kallax support that weight without breaking? I'm waiting to see if they person who took this picture on MFC ever reports if it breaks or not.

omlet

Putting 3 Detolfs on one Kallax would make me paranoid as hell. Detolfs are heavy as hell, how can a single Kallax support that weight without breaking? I'm waiting to see if they person who took this picture on MFC ever reports if it breaks or not.

In an earthquake-prone area I'd never do it, but we don't have quakes where I live so I don't think it would be that risky; the shelves are closer together than a Detolf is wide, so there is always support under each one.

kewlmyc

In an earthquake-prone area I'd never do it, but we don't have quakes where I live so I don't think it would be that risky; the shelves are closer together than a Detolf is wide, so there is always support under each one.

The shelves are thin as hell. If the shelves were as thick as the sides and the top and bottom, I wouldn't complain and would probably do the same.

omlet

They do look a bit thin. I can probably carp something up to do the job more reliably than that shelf for a lot less money, too. Maybe a weekend project for this month now that the weather is nice and being outside or in the garage isn't miserable.

Wanderer5

Got my first figma from AX this year, and I finally posed him lol.

DSCN0326_zps71555693.jpg

Only got Dark Pit and a Rin from blue exorcist figure for my figure collection, but I looking to keep a eye out for future figures (particularly figmas). It was just revealed that the Lucina figma is coming out next april!

10404194_10152858902534680_5405754053401437131_n.jpg

Bombless

DAMN! That is one of the most organized and tasteful collections I've seen before.

I have to admit that detolfs still tempt me. But they really don't fit in my current apartment. I'm starting to accept the fact I'll have to move in a bigger place to house my entire collection soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom