• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Got my first figma from AX this year, and I finally posed him lol.

DSCN0326_zps71555693.jpg

Only got Dark Pit and a Rin from blue exorcist figure for my figure collection, but I looking to keep a eye out for future figures (particularly figmas). It was just revealed that the Lucina figma is coming out next april!

10404194_10152858902534680_5405754053401437131_n.jpg

Wow Dark Pit looks gorgeous! I think that might be my favorite one yet.

Wanderer5

Wow Dark Pit looks gorgeous! I think that might be my favorite one yet.

I pretty much like the two Pits, Skyward Sword Link, and Samus figmas a lot. I thinking of having most of my figure collecting be some of the nintendo figmas, preferably from games I adore. Maybe I get Pit too to go alongside Dark Pit, but I have my eyes on Lucina along with the suppose Zero Suit Samus and Link Between Worlds' Link.

The shelves are thin as hell. If the shelves were as thick as the sides and the top and bottom, I wouldn't complain and would probably do the same.

It looks fine, since the vertical supports are pretty close together. It's not like you have a detolf sitting on just the part between the vertical pieces.

Also, when did Detolfs start coming in white?

Bombless

It looks fine, since the vertical supports are pretty close together. It's not like you have a detolf sitting on just the part between the vertical pieces.

Also, when did Detolfs start coming in white?

It must be rather recent, they didn't have that a few months ago when I bought my Vittsjo.

Wanderer5

That is brilliant. I honestly think it beats pervert Woody as best comedy figure. Imagine the possibilities!

I wonder if this table museum series will just be sculptures, or maybe they will have figmas based on paintings too or such like the Mona Lisa.XD

LiK

Putting 3 Detolfs on one Kallax would make me paranoid as hell. Detolfs are heavy as hell, how can a single Kallax support that weight without breaking? I'm waiting to see if they person who took this picture on MFC ever reports if it breaks or not.

i would rather look up the dimensions of that and make something similar with stronger wood. Ikea materials are very cheap.

omlet

So I took some measurements, might go to the hardware store next weekend and see what I can see.

For a detolf stand, I'm thinking something like this size for its outer measurements:
52 inches long (132cm)
16 inches deep (40.6cm)
12 inches tall (30.5cm) - maybe a tad less but I want at least 9 inches of shelf interior shelf height

Four or five "vertical shelves" in addition to the ends (as opposed to Kallax only having three). That should stand 3 Detolf units side-by-side with a little wiggle room to spare and plenty of support. Also, unlike how the Kallax is, I think the ends should be fitted like shelves (fitting inside rather than "on top" of the longer sides) for better support on the ends. That would be my main concern with using a Kallax sideways; besides the thin particleboard shelves, the top and bottom are not designed to support heavy loads in the way shown in that picture because glue/screws/whatever has to do all the work against gravity instead of letting the strength of the plank of wood do it.

Wanderer5

I like him a lot, but I don't think they'll ever top Isabelle. Snake and Link come pretty close though.

Yes Isabelle is probably the most adorable of them all, and I agree about Snake and Link too. I almost wanted Link, but I able to resist.... for now.XD I saw luigi who look great too (and I guessing Mario too). I do have a Allen Walker nendoroid somewhere....

And lol Venus de Milo? Woo for armless figma?

Wanderer5

They better do Mona Lisa, so to make it possible reenact that one courage the cowardly dog episode where Mona tries to make out with the Thinker!

Einbroch

Banned
Omg I was sweating all weekend thinking I was being let go from work due to cutbacks, but my boss called me tonight and let me know I was still good. Holy shit I'm so relieved.

That's all. Back to figs.

RMI

Banned
Man, let me tell you guys; that Kotobukiya pannel at NYCC had me hyped. Kotobukiya Zatanna is going to be a must have.

zatanna-bishoujo-statue-catalog-dc-comics-kotobukiya.jpg

This could be the fig that gets me into the Bishoujo line. Fucking love Zatanna. Hoping the face comes out well.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
That Nendoroid Batman is adorable, along with that searchlight too. I kind of wish it wasn't based on dark knight rises through.

I *wish* they would use the style from Batman: The Animated Series (1992-96) instead. Such a version makes most sense for a Nendo...great faceplate potential. Oh, to think the whole Rogues Gallery get the Nendo treatment...esp Harley Quinn w/ chibified pet hyenas. And Harleen Quinzel, too! ;)

Just finished watching Arpeggio of Blue Steel and really liked it. With Takao coming up soon, I'm considering to get the Iona Nendo... Hmm...

Bombless

I *wish* they would use the style from Batman: The Animated Series (1992-96) instead. Such a version makes most sense for a Nendo...great faceplate potential. Oh, to think the whole Rogues Gallery get the Nendo treatment...esp Harley Quinn w/ chibified pet hyenas. And Harleen Quinzel, too! ;)

Just finished watching Arpeggio of Blue Steel and really liked it. With Takao coming up soon, I'm considering to get the Iona Nendo... Hmm...

Welcome to the Cool Persons Club™! Iona is great. Can't wait for Takao's pics.

Einbroch

Banned
No idea! We'll see what goes up tomorrow night. I'm waiting for those two Flare figures to go up - Elin and the formerly Arcadia Bayonetta.

Also, how is "Elin" pronounced in this context?
Like the name Ellen. The English team started directing the VAs to say ee-lin but were corrected.

javac

God so cool. I definitely look into getting Roger at least.

Roger was a Wonder Festival Limited figure (which is funny, you'd think Dorothy would be the limited one!) but he pops up here and there. Big O is awesome BTW.

There's an auction here for him but you'll need a proxy to get him. Link Ends in 8 hours.

Wanderer5

Roger was a Wonder Festival Limited figure (which is funny, you'd think Dorothy would be the limited one!) but he pops up here and there. Big O is awesome BTW.

There's an auction here for him but you'll need a proxy to get him. Link Ends in 8 hours.

Ugh.:| Not like I was going to get him now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom