• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Settin

Bruh, step your gif game up. Get out of here with that choppy shit.

0h8kHcP.gif
Bruh, do you even webm?
This would be much more effective if I wasn't on mobile and could post a webm.

The good news about getting a payment request from Mandarake is that the figures I ordered didn't sell out already.

The bad news is another payment.

Man, my October became a whole lot of more expensive than I thought it would be. :x

chrono01

The good news about getting a payment request from Mandarake is that the figures I ordered didn't sell out already.

Man, my October became a whole lot of more expensive than I thought it would be. :x
No worries. October killed a lot of us. :/

Kikirin

Was at a convention this last weekend, and some dude bought the last FREEing Senbonzakura Miku from right in front of me while I was agonizing over whether the price was right ($120 USD).

OTL

I would have been in the same boat if Sapce Dandy's release didn't get pushed back until November. For once in happy that one of my figs are being delayed.

LiK

I've been having a lot of luck selling my Hot Toys figs for ridiculous prices on eBay. They've been paying off my AmiAmi orders which is nice, heh

kewlmyc

I've been having a lot of luck selling my Hot Toys figs for ridiculous prices on eBay. They've been paying off my AmiAmi orders which is nice, heh

What are some examples of prices you've sold things at?

They aren't Hot Toys prices, but I'm thinking of getting rid of some figures because I don't want them anymore.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
What do you guys do with really old figures? I got some Scrapped Princess (from the DVD Collector's Editions) and Love Hina figures which I'm planning to remove from display.

LiK

What are some examples of prices you've sold things at?

$350-$550 each

What do you guys do with really old figures? I got some Scrapped Princess (from the DVD Collector's Editions) and Love Hina figures which I'm planning to remove from display.

Currently in bins. I may try to sell them on a lot or just give them away soon. They take up too much room and I no longer care about them anymore.

LiK

Damn, good shit.

They're all still sealed so that helps. But I see them used for insane prices too. Hot Toys are really excellent at retaining their value. If I sold them for MSRP right now, they would be instantly sold no problem.

Their prices are less profitable with the newer ones because of the higher prices and they make more of them now. But I sold a lot of the early ones I never opened.

One of the most irritating things is people constantly asking for those brown shipper boxes. I can't believe collectors actually care about them.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
They're all still sealed so that helps. But I see them used for insane prices too. Hot Toys are really excellent at retaining their value. If I sold them for MSRP right now, they would be instantly sold no problem.

Their prices are less profitable with the newer ones because of the higher prices and they make more of them now. But I sold a lot of the early ones I never opened.

One of the most irritating things is people constantly asking for those brown shipper boxes. I can't believe collectors actually care about them.

Brown shippers are the best thing to keep the boxes protected, since they fit the figures box perfectly you can save a lot of storage space. Also a sealed shipper means less chance that you opened the figure and played with it and then closed it back up pretending it's mint.

Most people don't understand that the older figures didn't come with them, or that the shoe box type boxes don't get shippers unless they get them through Sideshow. I've even seen people bitching that Sideshow uses the brown shipper box as a shipping box, they want it packed out 'cause they want the brown shipper mint.

Congrats on the sales though, only old Hot Toy that ever tempted me to dip deeper into my pockets was Blade, but I never moved past feeling tempted...

I grown accustomed to trekking to the post office to pick up my packages these days.

Better than getting them at work, where I would then have to lug a giant box back home on public transit.

I grown accustomed to trekking to the post office to pick up my packages these days.

Better than getting them at work, where I would then have to lug a giant box back home on public transit.
I think I might try that, though I just moved and dont actually know where my post office is. Time to google I guess.

LiK

Brown shippers are the best thing to keep the boxes protected, since they fit the figures box perfectly you can save a lot of storage space. Also a sealed shipper means less chance that you opened the figure and played with it and then closed it back up pretending it's mint.

Most people don't understand that the older figures didn't come with them, or that the shoe box type boxes don't get shippers unless they get them through Sideshow. I've even seen people bitching that Sideshow uses the brown shipper box as a shipping box, they want it packed out 'cause they want the brown shipper mint.

Congrats on the sales though, only old Hot Toy that ever tempted me to dip deeper into my pockets was Blade, but I never moved past feeling tempted...

Yea, I'm trying to trim down what series to keep so it's been a bit painful but I also need space. They take up so much space. The money I've been earning definitely makes it worth it. I forgot that most of the early HT figures were around $150-170 so it's been very profitable for me even with the ridiculous fees.

I agree about the brown boxes. But they are so dirty after their trips that I didn't want them in storage either. I tossed most of them a long time ago. But I've kept some for now altho not sure I will sell them.

Zombine

Banned
In an attempt to try and figure everyone on here, what would you say is the Holy Grail figure or statue you have in your collection? I would love to see what some of you are most proud of!

LiK

In an attempt to try and figure everyone on here, what would you say is the Holy Grail figure or statue you have in your collection? I would love to see what some of you are most proud of!

I guess the Muckle Mannequins Halo 2 statue. Very rare. One of the first high quality MC statues.

My WW Link Nendoroid came in from Ami-Ami! They actually tried to deliver it Saturday but work was closed; EMS shipping is no joke!

Hoping this isn't the creation of a monster...

That title goes to my Riobot Gurren Lagann. I bought it used, but it's in perfect condition.
The only thing that could dethrone it is either Mysterious Bounty Hunter Yoko or the Soul of Chogokin GX-34 Gunbuster.

For non-anime figures, it goes to my limited edition Eddie Riggs statue. Came out in a very limited release from Double Fine.

RMI

Banned
the rest of my GSC madoka girls are out for delivery. Lets see if the mailman ignores the signature requirement again. It'll save me a trip to the PO tomorrow.

Ultimadrago

I've still been mulling over this Shiro pre-order with the defects that have been reported. Ideally I could simply wait for Phat's instead, but I don't like Phat's current prototype pictures for her at all.

The hair sculpt is okay, but the face and pose are vastly inferior to Koto's, so at that rate I'd just go without. If I got a good one from the Koto batch (with no problems aside from the excessive top moulding which I don't really care about), it'd all be worth it. But something major regarding the paint would not be pleasant at all.

I've still been mulling over this Shiro pre-order with the defects that have been reported. Ideally I could simply wait for Phat's instead, but I don't like Phat's current prototype pictures for her at all.

I'm just gonna wait and see what my Shiro looks like before I start complaining. :O

The hair sculpt is okay, but the face and pose are vastly inferior to Koto's, so at that rate I'd just go without. If I got a good one from the Koto batch (with no problems aside from the excessive top moulding which I don't really care about), it'd all be worth it. But something major regarding the paint would not be pleasant at all.

I will have one soon. I wish I could give you more info first hand but Ami hasn't sent my order out yet. May have it by next week if they ask for payment tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom