• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My WW Link Nendoroid came in from Ami-Ami!

image.php

I ordered Link Nendoroid from Amiami as well hope I don't get custom stung ;__; kind of the reason I stopped using Amiami as brilliant they are T-T

Zombine

Banned
Without a question Love is War DX.

That is absolutely epic.

That title goes to my Riobot Gurren Lagann. I bought it used, but it's in perfect condition.
The only thing that could dethrone it is either Mysterious Bounty Hunter Yoko or the Soul of Chogokin GX-34 Gunbuster.

For non-anime figures, it goes to my limited edition Eddie Riggs statue. Came out in a very limited release from Double Fine.

Those are really awesome as well! I'm super jealous of that Eddie Riggs.

meijiko

Ugh what a weekend. So many things I wanted to do, but didn't out of laziness. I still haven't taken pictures of my Halloween display, and the longer I wait, the less relevant the pictures become. I'll probably still leave it up through November, though. It's pretty fall-themed.

I got Metallia mostly repaired, complete with rods in both of her legs, but her scuffed-up hat is a complete lost cause. The finish is matte, which makes it impossible to take off paint scuffs without removing the purple airbrushed on. It's going to have to be repainted. I would just display her without the hat, but the hat was like 70% of the reason I bought her in the fist place. Sigh. If she bargain-bins, I might just buy another one.

In an attempt to try and figure everyone on here, what would you say is the Holy Grail figure or statue you have in your collection? I would love to see what some of you are most proud of!

9AprM.jpg

Reasons:
-From my favorite series in the world
-It's almost 14 years old, and still in near perfect condition
-It's expensive (retailed for 18,000yen, bought her for around 25,000yen) and fairly rare, and remains the only polystone figure I've bought from Japan that arrived unbroken

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
9AprM.jpg

Reasons:
-It's expensive (retailed for 18,000yen, bought her for around 25,000yen) and fairly rare, and remains the only polystone figure I've bought from Japan that arrived unbroken

Great-looking figure. Perhaps a candidate for the museum putty treatment though.

We all have to start somewhere.

Welcome to neverending Nendos

It is.

I'm sorry for you
r wallet.

I'm scared! And HOLY CRAP at the amount of little doodads that came with this thing, the pommel comes off the sword! There are like a million hands! I am nowhere near dexterous enough to assemble it, I feel like a bull in a china shop...

It's kinda awesome.

anditbegins

I'm scared! And HOLY CRAP at the amount of little doodads that came with this thing, the pommel comes off the sword! There are like a million hands! I am nowhere near dexterous enough to assemble it, I feel like a bull in a china shop...

It's kinda awesome.

anditbegins

WW Link is my first Nendo as well, but it hasn't come in yet. Your post is scaring me.

Got my ArtFX+ Rocket Raccoon w/Groot base in the mail today. Holy shit, was the pricing ridiculous. He was like $45-$50 for a figure that's not even 4.5" to the top of Rocket's head.

He's cool. but man.

Bombless

For a split second I thought I had seen something behind the wings of that Sakura staff.

Great figure. I'm amazed at the quality with it being made so long ago.

Edit : ArtFX aren't worth it. Too expensive for their size.

9AprM.jpg

Reasons:

Wow that looks incredible. On par with the 1/8th scale Ultimate Madoka.

Giolon

My Ryuuko prize figure showed up today out of the blue (I didn't even realize it had shipped!) This is one of the two (Satsuki being the other) that HLJ screwed me out of when they canceled my pre-order. I managed to snag them from BiJ, and Ryuuko is out! She arrived today to my surprise since they never sent me a shipping notice.

Quick cell phone pics:

She's bigger than I expected, about 7-8", similar to the Bulma prize figure that came earlier in the week. Overall detail is good for such a cheap figure. Her hair is relatively undetailed and has a pretty bad seam and there's some random tiny paint splotches on parts of her clothes. The scissor base is freely placeable anywhere, and the scissor itself has a nice metallic coat of paint.

My Ryuuko prize figure showed up today out of the blue (I didn't even realize it had shipped!) This is one of the two (Satsuki being the other) that HLJ screwed me out of when they canceled my pre-order. I managed to snag them from BiJ, and Ryuuko is out!

Quick cell phone pics:

She's bigger than I expected, about 7-8", similar to the Bulma prize figure that came earlier in the week. Overall detail is good for such a cheap figure. Her hair is relatively undetailed and has a pretty bad seam and there's some random tiny paint splotches on parts of her clothes. The scissor base is freely placeable anywhere, and the scissor itself has a nice metallic coat of paint.

Shit is she still available to buy? HLJ screwed me over too.

Giolon

Shit is she still available to buy? HLJ screwed me over too.

She's not. :( I set up in-stock notifications on Big In Japan's website, and had to try 4 or 5 different times to catch them before the sold out again.

That Ryuuko looks good from a distance.

That's a good way of putting it. As long as you don't inspect her too closely, she does look pretty great. Sadly it may be the best figure we ever get of her standard outfit, since the big scale PVC companies seem focused w/ the skimpier battle versions.

In an attempt to try and figure everyone on here, what would you say is the Holy Grail figure or statue you have in your collection? I would love to see what some of you are most proud of!

My Momohime figure, I love taking pics of it. Here is one I shot around the time I got it.

snkfanatic1407804300.jpeg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I ordered Link Nendoroid from Amiami as well hope I don't get custom stung ;__; kind of the reason I stopped using Amiami as brilliant they are T-T
Was lucky with my last order from AmiAmi, a Ryuuko nendo, so I'm semi optimistic it'll ariive here with no additional cost.

cajunator

Banned
What do you guys do with really old figures? I got some Scrapped Princess (from the DVD Collector's Editions) and Love Hina figures which I'm planning to remove from display.

i put them in a large box (Ive got those exact figures as well) and keep them away from heat and damage

I've still been mulling over this Shiro pre-order with the defects that have been reported. Ideally I could simply wait for Phat's instead, but I don't like Phat's current prototype pictures for her at all.

The hair sculpt is okay, but the face and pose are vastly inferior to Koto's, so at that rate I'd just go without. If I got a good one from the Koto batch (with no problems aside from the excessive top moulding which I don't really care about), it'd all be worth it. But something major regarding the paint would not be pleasant at all.

Honestly she is still worth it. Its a great sculpt and her colors are absolutely beautiful.
the main flaw is the hair molding/painting but only directly on top.
my figure had some paint errors but thats hit or miss. I took a small exacto blade and scraped away the white paint and the underlying pvc is a similar purple to the painted skirt so it actually blended ok.
Looks much better now.

gokieks

While it's not necessarily my favorite figure (which would probably be GSC's Distant Avalon Saber Lily), and the source is something I have zero attachment to, GSC's Happy Wedding Miura Azusa is almost certainly the rarest, the one I paid the most for, and the one I longed for for the longest (due to the cost):

Honestly she is still worth it. Its a great sculpt and her colors are absolutely beautiful.
the main flaw is the hair molding/painting but only directly on top.
my figure had some paint errors but thats hit or miss. I took a small exacto blade and scraped away the white paint and the underlying pvc is a similar purple to the painted skirt so it actually blended ok.
Looks much better now.

My Shiro should be here in a day or two, so I'm interested to see if the paint thing is widespread or not.

javac

My Ryuuko prize figure showed up today out of the blue (I didn't even realize it had shipped!) This is one of the two (Satsuki being the other) that HLJ screwed me out of when they canceled my pre-order. I managed to snag them from BiJ, and Ryuuko is out! She arrived today to my surprise since they never sent me a shipping notice.

Thanks for the pic and summary. I still haven't paid for my shipping...was going to cancel it but your pics look nice. I would have thought my PayPal invoice would have been void my now. No idea.

Didn't pay for my AmiAmi order for Link nendo too...I've been a wreck recently lol.

Thanks for the pic and summary. I still haven't paid for my shipping...was going to cancel it but your pics look nice. I would have thought my PayPal invoice would have been void my now. No idea.

Sega makes awesome prize figures. Well worth the prices they charge.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Yea, I'm trying to trim down what series to keep so it's been a bit painful but I also need space. They take up so much space. The money I've been earning definitely makes it worth it. I forgot that most of the early HT figures were around $150-170 so it's been very profitable for me even with the ridiculous fees.

I agree about the brown boxes. But they are so dirty after their trips that I didn't want them in storage either. I tossed most of them a long time ago. But I've kept some for now altho not sure I will sell them.

I know that feeling, too much stuff not enough space, and if you check the prices and see how much they go for it's hard to not want to sell things no matter how much you like 'em. Case in point my 1/4 Enterbay Joker is starting to reach sell for £600 and if it goes any higher I might have to sell it.

Well to me a grail is something I don't own, but want badly, so my holy grail is this:

I wasn't collecting statues at the time of release but now that I've started it eats at me that I don't have her. I grew up reading my dad's B&W comic magazines, Conan, Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella. Jose Gonzales is why I'm an artist, and everything I strive to do with my art can be dated back to him, and her, so it's probably the only figure on the market that I feel a deep need for, and I don't have her cause I won't buy her until I sell a single painting to cover the cost. I'll probably never actually pull that off though, so it will remain elusive and just out of reach...

javac

Sega makes awesome prize figures. Well worth the prices they charge.

Yeah it looks nice. Total came to 2670Yen with delivery...but still not sure if I'll pay. I'll probably just end up waiting until the invoice is void and I'll shrug. Money issues so bad I have to stop and think about a 2k figure, how the mighty have fallen.

omlet

I...I can't just pick one... ._.

Well, okay, I guess I can. Ultimate Madoka.

Not my pics since I don't have a real camera...

Runner ups are Twintails Olivia (released this summer) and Akuma Homura (scheduled for December):

...I guess there is something in common with these...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom