• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
2oMfoRC.jpg

It seems like GSC listened to some criticism about the early LL Nendos being boring and are slowly adding more toys, faces, and personality to them.

Giolon

Yep, because this was exactly what I needed to see while she's in that Amazon sale!

Lovely shots, you may as well be taking the credit card out of my wallet and placing the order for me, lol

My secret goal all along, muahahahaha!

In other news, Muramasa Sansei just showed up! She might have to wait until the weekend for photos but she's gorgeous! Unfortunately, mine came with some white (hair?) paint drizzle on her left shoulder and left breast (clothed version). I don't think I'm going to be able to clean it off. :(

Edit: Actually, magic eraser took most of it off easily w/o damaging the rest of the shading. It must've been dripped on after the paint sealant was applied.

Bombless

Awesome pics as usual Giolon. What figures do you plan on doing next?

Oh lawd I have a problem. In my effort to do more research into that Cyril figure to see if I really wanted her enough (a resounding yes), I discovered Yamato's Iris figure. It also just so happened that Midtown comics had her in stock and well...fuck.

Iris and Cyril are an amazing pair. You did well.

Oh lawd I have a problem. In my effort to do more research into that Cyril figure to see if I really wanted her enough (a resounding yes), I discovered Yamato's Iris figure. It also just so happened that Midtown comics had her in stock and well...fuck.

oh man, the markups at US retailers still give me sticker shock. Midtown seems about as bad as most.

Who was it that was looking for Alter Sora? Midtown is still taking orders. Only $160! XD

RMI

Banned
Here are the long promised Phat Ryuuko Matoi Senketsu Ver. photos.

You can see how her crouched combat pose naturally hides the revealing nature of her outfit from many angles and additionally, how little of the character you can see when viewed from above. This is a figure that really requires viewing from at or below the horizon in order to appreciate its details.

wow she looks really good. The thing about the viewing angle is a deal breaker for me though I think. Even on my tallest shelf she would be too low. That might change as more shelves get added though.

Forgot to mention, I got my AmiAmi order this afternoon. My Shiro looks fine. The seam on top of her head looks okay, though it's a bit of a mess where all the separate parts meet. I don't see any of the messy paintwork like in the pics cajun posted, though. My Shiro looks fine in that regard. Now the only question that remains - White chess piece, or black chess piece? She comes with one of each, to hold in her outstretched hand. Also got Batgirl bishoujo and Kyoko (HHHNNNNNGGGGGG) today. Happy happy joy joy.

Now I know I've mentioned it before, but I really need to get rid of some figure boxes at this point. For realsies. those of you that toss figure boxes, what criteria do you use to decide which ones to toss?

chrono01

Forgot to mention, I got my AmiAmi order this afternoon. My Shiro looks fine. The seam on top of her head looks okay, though it's a bit of a mess where all the separate parts meet. I don't see any of the messy paintwork like in the pics cajun posted, though. My Shiro looks fine in that regard. Now the only question that remains - White chess piece, or black chess piece?
"Shiro" means "white" in Japanese so definitely go with white.

Plus, Shiro is pure, so white would suit her.

Ugh that Amazon sale. So many tempting things. I've almost bought that Eiyuu Senki Arthur figure like five times now.

The only figure from the Eiyuu Senki line I really found tempting was the King Tut figure.

Did any of you fellow Kyoko owners have a smidge of trouble with her butt-slot? Not so much the slot itself, but the hair needed to be moved out of its resting position for her to fit into the base, otherwise she couldn't grip the desk, or get her butt into dat slot. So her hair is kind of pushed so it's gripping the top and sides of the desk.

Forgot to mention, I got my AmiAmi order this afternoon. My Shiro looks fine. The seam on top of her head looks okay, though it's a bit of a mess where all the separate parts meet. I don't see any of the messy paintwork like in the pics cajun posted, though. My Shiro looks fine in that regard. Now the only question that remains - White chess piece, or black chess piece? She comes with one of each, to hold in her outstretched hand. Also got Batgirl bishoujo and Kyoko (HHHNNNNNGGGGGG) today. Happy happy joy joy.

Now I know I've mentioned it before, but I really need to get rid of some figure boxes at this point. For realsies. those of you that toss figure boxes, what criteria do you use to decide which ones to toss?

I don't throw out boxes, but I met someone at a con that's a real hardcore collector, and she rents out a storage unit just for her boxes and figures that she doesn't want to display. Maybe it's something you should consider, you never know when this stuff will become super-valuable down the line.

kewlmyc

The only figure from the Eiyuu Senki line I really found tempting was the King Tut figure.

Did any of you fellow Kyoko owners have a smidge of trouble with her butt-slot? Not so much the slot itself, but the hair needed to be moved out of its resting position for her to fit into the base, otherwise she couldn't grip the desk, or get her butt into dat slot. So her hair is kind of pushed so it's gripping the top and sides of the desk.

I warned you about that butt slot.

You just have to grip her bottom, move the hair out of the way, and force the desk in.

I don't throw out boxes, but I met someone at a con that's a real hardcore collector, and she rents out a storage unit just for her boxes and figures that she doesn't want to display. Maybe it's something you should consider, you never know when this stuff will become super-valuable down the line.

Yeah, that's not me. I'd like to reclaim some space in my house, and fuck renting storage just for empty boxes. lolololol

I warned you about that butt slot.

You just have to grip her bottom, move the hair out of the way, and force the desk in.

Yeah, that's what I did. It was more of a post-facto question. I was just curious if it was an issue only I had, or if it was universal with the figure. So happy to finally have her.

I like her, too. But there's something about wavy blond hair with straight bangs and a crown... Sometimes I have trouble resisting.

Eh, you can live without her. I recommend this instead:

cajunator

Banned

Kirigiri is reallllly cute yeah.
Awesome figurine for sure with all he little details.

Also can you take photos of your Shiro so I can see?

I never toss boxes. Im gonna be moving at some point soon and it will be a nightmare if I didnt have boxes. Still probably will be even with them.

I just carefully fit her onto the desk base and pushed the hair to the side. Also removed her right forearm so that she could grip the desk later. Then I set up the rest of the base, and then put the desk on there with her last. Its a really sturdy setup overall and Im impressed how well it goes together.

Kirigiri is reallllly cute yeah.
Awesome figurine for sure with all he little details.

I'm pretty sure she's my first figure from Phat.

Also can you take photos of your Shiro so I can see?

Yeah, I'll snap a few later tonight.

I never toss boxes. Im gonna be moving at some point soon and it will be a nightmare if I didnt have boxes. Still probably will be even with them.

Some figures I would never disassemble, though. Like Dark Angel Olivia. The wings were a nightmare to get in, they're never coming out.

I just carefully fit her onto the desk base and pushed the hair to the side. Also removed her right forearm so that she could grip the desk later. Then I set up the rest of the base, and then put the desk on there with her last. Its a really sturdy setup overall and Im impressed how well it goes together.

I didn't even know you could remove her arm.

but yeah, it seems pretty sturdy. It's all due to that transparent base that fits in under the desk.

george_us

oh man, the markups at US retailers still give me sticker shock. Midtown seems about as bad as most.

Who was it that was looking for Alter Sora? Midtown is still taking orders. Only $160! XD
Her markup at Midtown was insane at $210 lololol. Luckily she was on sale for $130 which is actually $20 cheaper than her original price if I recall.

Also Muramasa and Nendo Link came today! Muramasa looks fantastic but I haven't had a chance to unbox Link yet.

javac

Extra note:

I always keep my boxes.

Always.

What heathen would throw away their boxes! D: I have all mine in a little walk in closet. Feels good to stack them all together like a real life version of Tetris. All those colors *_* Madoka box kills suffocates everything! Why u so big Madoka?

cajunator

Banned
What heathen would throw away their boxes! D: I have all mine in a little walk in closet. Feels good to stack them all together like a real life version of Tetris. All those colors *_* Madoka box kills suffocates everything! Why u so big Madoka?

Mine took over my entire bathroom closet.

javac

Mine took over my entire bathroom closet.

Crazy lol. I don't have that much, but enough to dedicate a bit of floor space for sure. I blame those manufacturers padding these boxes and making them bigger in order to charge more for shipping! *tinfoil hat*

javac

What heathen would sell Bounty Hunter Yoko?

One that needs the money T_T

The figure wasn't even all that good either, overrated! I owned it and have my pictures as eternal evidence that I owned her, she's free now! Peirce the detolfs with your drill Yoko...actually don't do that.

javac

Blasphemy.

Haha she's a cool figure, wouldn't have bought her in the 1st place if I didn't think so. But I think it was more the rarity that attracted me. She looked cool, but not holy grail cool. But I'm weird I guess, I love my Canti more than anything! That's my type of figure. She was alright, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they loved her. Just not a big Yoko fan myself in any case.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Haha she's a cool figure, wouldn't have bought her in the 1st place if I didn't think so. But I think it was more the rarity that attracted me. She looked cool, but not holy grail cool. But I'm weird I guess, I love my Canti more than anything! That's my type of figure. She was alright, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they loved her. Just not a big Yoko fan myself in any case.

Which version? Curiosity piqued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom