• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So tempted to grab the Toys Works figures for Strike Witches:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-COL-8014
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-COL-7870

FIG-COL-8014.jpg
FIG-COL-7870.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Oh lawd I have a problem. In my effort to do more research into that Cyril figure to see if I really wanted her enough (a resounding yes), I discovered Yamato's Iris figure. It also just so happened that Midtown comics had her in stock and well...fuck.

I passed on both and regret it, now they both sit in my wish list as I look for an opening in my pre-orders to pick them up. The only reason I passed on them was having too many things on pre-order at the times they were released. Pre-orders are gonna have to go...

Now I know I've mentioned it before, but I really need to get rid of some figure boxes at this point. For realsies. those of you that toss figure boxes, what criteria do you use to decide which ones to toss?

So far I just toss bishoujo boxes. If I didn't need them for moving house I'd definitely toss everything under £100, I'd only really keep the high end stuff.

Anyway my loft's done, and my boxes have started making there way from my mother-in-laws house to mine.

It's like moving in all over again, hope to be done by the end of the week...

Haha she's a cool figure, wouldn't have bought her in the 1st place if I didn't think so. But I think it was more the rarity that attracted me. She looked cool, but not holy grail cool. But I'm weird I guess, I love my Canti more than anything! That's my type of figure. She was alright, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they loved her. Just not a big Yoko fan myself in any case.

I ah see, to each their own. Personally, I usually wouldn't buy revealing or lewd figures, in fact I think I own more robot figures than human characters. For me though I would buy MB Yoko (providing I have enough money) in a flash because Gurren Lagann is my all time favourite anime.
If I didn't like Kill La Kill as much as I do, there would be no way in hell that I would have ordered Phat Satsuki. It's gonna be awkward if my parents see it (I still live with them), but she's an awesome character from a great show.

Bombless

I ah see, to each their own. Personally, I usually wouldn't buy revealing or lewd figures, in fact I think I own more robot figures than human characters. For me though I would buy MB Yoko (providing I have enough money) in a flash because Gurren Lagann is my all time favourite anime.
If I didn't like Kill La Kill as much as I do, there would be no way in hell that I would have ordered Phat Satsuki. It's gonna be awkward if my parents see it (I still love with them)but she's an awesome character from a great show.

I see, jealousy issues huh? ;)

javac

If I didn't like Kill La Kill as much as I do, there would be no way in hell that I would have ordered Phat Satsuki. It's gonna be awkward if my parents see it (I still live with them), but she's an awesome character from a great show.

Same, I'm not into voluptuous figures but hey I own the Morrigan Max factory. I don't have this fixed rule that I never break. It's just tastes and what you're going for in regards to what kind of collection you want etc. I know people who just buy Asuka figures for example or Gundam units.

Most of my figures I own are female humans sure, but that has a lot to do with the market and what's being made but also the fact that it's easier to say compare Yoko figure #1 to Yoko figure#2 where as comparing say Gundam units is more tricky or the million different Eva Units from Bandai or Revoltech or the rebuild films etc.

Yoko is a nice figure in terms of sculpt and paint and design. She looks badass with her torn up jacket and her superconducting sniper rifle. Yoko doesn't wear much, but the figure imo is super tasteful all things considered. Just not OMG amazing in my opinion, but I did like her. Sad to see her go since she was rare but oh well who knows maybe our paths will cross again.

ok so I want the EVA racing nendos but I have a dilemma.

I was about to order them off GS online but RightStuf.com just put them up for preorder for $64.24 (shipped) a piece. That comes out to $128.48 (actually $115.63 since I get a 10% discount). From GS it will be about ~102ish after shipping. However, that it going off the yen value today. Anyone think the yen will get stronger by next May? lol

omlet

Welp.

Willpower defeated, thanks a lot Elixir._.

ofmPXHf.jpg

I will justify this by saying it's a late present from some of the cash I got from my grandad a couple weeks ago for my birthday. If only he knew what I was actually spending it on...

I've heard a lot of bad things about the Totori figure but for that price I'm taking the chance, and mainly I just want the Chim! Chiiiiiim! Chimu! Chimchimumu!

Einbroch

Banned
I think she'll hold her value, so preorder away. The other figure might not as much, but this one's a cat girl from Alter.

Do eet.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Sorry, are you interested in the Yoko figure? If so, it's this one :)

Manufactured by Alter, came out July 2009 for around 9k, goes for 25k+ to 30k these days. Sold mine for a hair over 25k.

*gulps* Frosty likes that one... A lot.

*quietly adds the listing to his Watch List on AmiAmi*

Toki767

Amazon Japan already shipped my Belldandy + Holy Bell statue. They're using DHL and it should be here by Friday already. Way cheaper shipping/speed than anything Amiami or Mandarake does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom