• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

If you're on the fence a lot, just go HLJ. the few bucks you save on AmiAmi isn't worth it if it's not something you really want.

meijiko

Looking at my pre-order list, the only thing I don't feel that "must have" feeling towards is the Kotobukiya Kilmaria, but every time I look at her photos I just go hnnng so I know I won't regret it in any capacity.

Oh and I guess the GSC Mikasa but I mostly just got her because my husband wanted her.

And I'm all for a larger variety of figures to be made. I agree the market is saturated, but I don't see it as a terrible thing in this case. It's nice to live in a time where we're getting classic characters like Lum and Sakura and more male figures like the Free set and UtaPri and DRAMAtical Murder. I only hope that, if companies decide to cut back on their figure productions due to low sales, they don't axe the neater stuff. I'm tired of seeing every company flock to what's super popular (or projected to be super popular) and we end up with half a dozen different figures of the same characters.

You will be fine. As long as they're not pre-owned figs that you combined into another order they won't bat an eye so long as you have a good history with them. I have canceled 5 or 6 items in the past year without any problem whatsoever.

Good to know, may cancel the Ikaros and that Shimakaze in September. Not sure yet though, I want them both but it's not a I MUST HAVE IT kinda feeling.

chrono01

Didn't someone just say that HLJ was having troubles providing the orders for a specific figure?
They also apparently had problems with fulfilling orders for Shoubi Yae [Skytube]. They're still great, since they allow easy cancellations, but I wouldn't recommend them if it's for a figure you're 100% sure on. For that, AmiAmi/HS are far better options, since they're better at both fulfilling orders as well as providing a better price when compared to HLJ.

As for pre-orders, I share the frustration of seeing a figure you paid full price for to go on-sale a short while afterwards, sometimes for half the cost. This hobby, in general, can be difficult to predict whether an item will/won't go up in-value. Exclusives, more-or-less, keep their value, with a large number of them going up in price, especially the more "lewd" ones. Aside from that, anything from GSC, Kotobukiya, Orchid Seed, etc. shouldn't be difficult to find post-release, although the latter can give you some problems depending on the IP. It seems like Max Factory produces more than they used to, as well, so even their top tier figures [like the aforementioned 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku] can be purchased after release. The same goes for Alter. Alphamax/Skytube, at least for the Tony Taka characters, seem to retain their value too, although there are exceptions such as Himegami Rikka.

Basically, if you really like a figure, the only way to be sure that you'll get it is to pre-order. However, if you're hesitant, even in the slightest, it might be better to wait until after release to see if it can be obtained for a cheaper price.

*chrono01 looks at his list of 29 pre-ordered items, although some of them are already paid for*

....Yeah. I might want to follow my own advice. -_-

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Alphamax/Skytube, at least for the Tony Taka characters, seem to retain their value too, although there are exceptions such as Himegami Rikka.

I've noticed this too, but it generally only holds true for the well done cast-off figures. For example, I suspect that Susie Sun will sell out and go up in value after release.

The Shining Ark figures can still be nabbed for decent prices.

Ryuuroden

Can you cancel part of a combined order from amiami? I want to keep my Ryuko but cancel my metallica but I have them combined. I wanna just tell them I don't have enough money for both cause I was't expecting metallica to be delayed or something (not the real reason)

meijiko

Can you cancel part of a combined order from amiami? I want to keep my Ryuko but cancel my metallica but I have them combined. I wanna just tell them I don't have enough money for both cause I was't expecting metallica to be delayed or something (not the real reason)

Yeah, just make sure you specify the item you want to cancel. They'll create a new order for you with only your wanted items in it.

Ryuuroden

yay, checked TFAW, my Dark Angel Olivia is finally in processing. I shall finally be getting her soon. Worth the wait though for the lower cost.

TnK

Why aren't there any mecha figure updates here? =(

Is satsuki getting a figma in her uniform version similar to that prize?

Settin

Like I said in the last thread, this is a thinly veiled waifu thread.

GSC is making a regular figure of Ryuko not transformed, so they'll probably make Satsuki too. I doubt it will be a figma, though. That suits the combat form better.

RMI

Banned

Is Ryuko getting a uniform version figma? The only figma I've seen so far is the Ryuko Senketsu version.

It's explicitly a waifu thread. You guys are free to talk about your robots as much as you want though.

Aigis is the only robot I care about <3

meijiko

Alright, FigureGAF, I have a survey question for you.

You can have one figure made, any figure you want, but it has to be based off of an illustration/image. Which image would you choose? (If your choice is nsfw, say so but pick a sfw too to post in this thread)

I'm curious to see what some of your dreams are!

Mine would be this, for obvious reasons:

NZV7i7J.jpg

Perfection. It'll never happen, though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

You can have one figure made, any figure you want, but it has to be based off of an illustration/image. Which image would you choose? (If your choice is nsfw, say so but pick a sfw too to post in this thread)

Man, that's a really good question.

MCD

http://i.imgur.com/NZV7i7J.jpg

https://yande.re/post/show/25549/darker_than_black-hasebe_atsushi-hei-male-vector_t
https://yande.re/post/show/81175/darker_than_black-hei-signed-vector_trace-yin
https://yande.re/post/show/83378/darker_than_black-hei-komori_takahiro-yin
NSFW: https://yande.re/post/show/117280/darker_than_black-odajima_hitomi-yin

Anything from this and I will be content for life.

Settin

The art for my #1 is NSFW (Motoko Kusanagi on the GITS movie poster), but this is a close second.

A perfect recreation of Bayonetta in this pose/design. The existing Bayonetta figures leave something to be desired.

meijiko

This. I would pay hundreds.

Oh man, she's gorgeous. I'd love to see that hair and those colors rendered in a figure.

It's my wish that someday figure companies will have the drive to make more "couple" figures. I think they could recreate some really great scenes if they'd feature at least two characters.

The art for my #1 is NSFW, but this is a close second.

A perfect recreation of Bayonetta in this pose/design. The existing Bayonetta figures leave something to be desired.

So many people would buy that. I might even buy that. It would be huge and gorgeous.

Luigi87

Ugh, this is a tough one. My answer should be Noel Vermillion, like her art from the BBCT OST, but...

After this recent E3, I'd love a figure of either Zelda or Cia
preferably both
from their Hyrule Warriors renders:

Bombless

Kira Jesus. It's that simple. The "Cool story Athrun" Kira Jesus Yamato, complete with the aura behind him. That would be the most glorious figure ever made ever. Ever.

No art because I'm at work and can't seem to find the image on the interwebs.

oh, this one is pretty easy for me. It might be a bitch to engineer, but this one of Power Girl by Adam Hughes would be my choice:

omlet

Hmm... I might come up with something else later, but off the top of my head I have 3 ideas.

#1 - I would love to have a nicely made figure of Atelier Totori timeframe Cordelia. Unfortunately there is very little artwork of her to pick from, but I could probably settle for a quality sculpt based on her official artbook portrait even though it's a rather plain pose.
(click for full)

#2 - Nono/Nowi from FE:A. One of the few good fanarts of her; having the dragon coming up out of (or *as*) the base itself around/behind her would be neat.
(click for full)

#3 - Byakuren like in this wallpaper. She is pretty much the best 2hu and that's a great rendition of her.

Edit - Rule bending answer: I would like single "group photo" figure of Etrian Odyssey characters from EO3 or 4 (like the art on the game covers), or a nice scale of EO3 Princess
(on far right). EO has a few figs but I haven't seen any from the more recent games that actually look good (just tiny cheap-looking trading type figures).

I would love for some scale figures of Mashiro from Engaged to the Unidentified. Would be cute

Or of course Mio in the Kimono from K-On

Fkvy034.png

Ryuuroden

Give me This:

34196_640.jpg

from Twelve Kingdoms. 2nd choice would be Lafiel or Beneej Spoor from Crest of the Stars but I couldn't find the illustrations I wanted for those two (Beneej standing ordering an attack while flourishing her sword or similar from Lafiel). Honestly I don't think anything could top those choices of characters, at least for me and quite a few people I know.

omlet

Give me This:

from Twelve Kingdoms. 2nd choice would be Lafiel or Beneej Spoor from Crest of the Stars but I couldn't find the illustrations I wanted for those two (Beneej standing ordering an attack while flourishing her sword or similar from Lafiel). Honestly I don't think anything could top those choices of characters, at least for me and quite a few people I know.

Man, a good Youko or Lafiel would be pretty awesome. I've never seen that picture of Youko before, that's a nice one. And Admiral Spoor is like the best secondary in the Stars series, idbeokwiththat.jpg

I would spend hundreds for a scaled Yuuko figure. The model in the picture is from the first ED, but I would purchase any done well. She has so many awesome expressions to work with! Aaaaah!

I'd might buy that as well.

And since other people are posting more than one wish...

My second choice would be a well-made Chi figure:
vmneQaIl.jpg

And my third would be an
other
Ayu Tsukimiya running figure, but like in the 2006 anime credits:
TSdVtryl.jpg

You can have one figure made, any figure you want, but it has to be based off of an illustration/image. Which image would you choose?

Captain Marvel [Formerly Ms. Marvel]

Because:

1. Shes my favorite character
2. Growing popularity but still not there yet and she needs some awesome figures
3. The few figures there are of her are super "im a lady hero tehe"
4. She does not have any with her new costume (i dont think anyway)

She deserves a badass figure of her powered up and ready to uppercut someone past the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom