• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, this one is pretty easy for me. It might be a bitch to engineer, but this one of Power Girl by Adam Hughes would be my choice:

We can be best friends.

I also wouldn't mind a PG based on Amanda Conner's work:
Power%20Girl%2001%20(2009).jpg

Hmm I think I finally have my first package stuck in customs. SAL registered

June 14, 2014 , 11:06 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

now it says

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

Been like that for about 4 days now. Did some Google searching and most are claiming that means Customs is taking a look. Is that normally the case with that message? First time I have seen it.

LiK

MotherFUCKERS! DCBS changed my order of two Harley statues to one cuz they had too many preorders. What a load of BS. I should've preordered a backup elsewhere.

June 14, 2014 , 11:06 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

now it says

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

Been like that for about 4 days now. Did some Google searching and most are claiming that means Customs is taking a look. Is that normally the case with that message? First time I have seen it.

But if it was processed through the sort facility then that implies it passed and left the facility. I imagine its because USPS probably doesnt move packages until the business day monday

RMI

Banned

If it's there for more than a week try calling one or both of these numbers

718-553-9175 or 718-553-9171

and leave a message. Have your tracking number handy. I had my Tony Ver. Miku stuck in customs for a month, and calling NY ISC directly and chatting with the person there got it resolved quickly. I don't remember exactly which number I called but one of those should get you there. Definitely do not call a generic 1-800 number for the USPS, that did absolutely nothing for me.

johnsmith

remember me
MotherFUCKERS! DCBS changed my order of two Harley statues to one cuz they had too many preorders. What a load of BS. I should've preordered a backup elsewhere.

:eek:

I hope my order is still ok.

Also cancelled Megahouse Amazon. 1 step closer to freeing myself of the shackles of preorders.

If it's there for more than a week try calling one or both of these numbers

718-553-9175 or 718-553-9171

and leave a message. Have your tracking number handy. I had my Tony Ver. Miku stuck in customs for a month, and calling NY ISC directly and chatting with the person there got it resolved quickly. I don't remember exactly which number I called but one of those should get you there. Definitely do not call a generic 1-800 number for the USPS, that did absolutely nothing for me.

Ah ok, thanks!

TnK

Like I said in the last thread, this is a thinly veiled waifu thread.
I honestly don't remember that. Though c'mon you guys, post something other than girls all the time?
It's explicitly a waifu thread. You guys are free to talk about your robots as much as you want though.
No one talks about robots here though. Even though it would be awesome if they did. Not even any cool figures like Guts figma or something.
Got my lewd Sasaki Kotone (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98982) figure in. Had to pay 41 euros customs ;_;

Problem now is; it's a huge figure and I don't have space to display her :| I need another display case and a bigger appartment.
How do girls react when they see this mang?

Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus, lol. Mainly interested in mechas, movable figures like figmas and play arts kai.For example I like Vincent Valentine's Play Arts Kai figure, and I guess no one here has it?

Buuut, since you guys are experts in waifu figures, anyone has The World is Mine Miku figure? Always wanted to know how it is like since I missed ordering it. Also, is it worth getting Snow Miku 2013 nendoroid for 8.8K?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus, lol. Mainly interested in mechas, movable figures like figmas and play arts kai.For example I like Vincent Valentine's Play Arts Kai figure, and I guess no one here has it?

It's just a minority interest in general. A preponderance of the consumer base for figures coming out of Japan are for either cute or attractive female characters. A certain subset is into mecha, and you'll see those posts in here, but they're not the main drive. You're one of that subset, so you should push for that discussion if you want it.

I have zero interest in mecha, but I have a figma BoH Guts and I have a Play Arts Kai DMC3 Dante. High quality male figures are few and far between. Most talk in this thread is about pre-orders and new items... there's just substantially more bishoujo than not out there.

I honestly don't remember that. Though c'mon you guys, post something other than girls all the time?

No one talks about robots here though. Even though it would be awesome if they did. Not even any cool figures like Guts figma or something.

How do girls react when they see this mang?

Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus,

Well people talk about what they are interested in....not sure what you expect people to do if that is what they are collecting. If you haven't seen people posting mechs you haven't looked far enough back then...there are a couple here that do post about it.

:eek:

I hope my order is still ok.

Yeah, dude. Diamond is allocating the shit out of that B&W Harley statue. I don't even know if she's out yet. I bought her through TFAW.com and they keep changing the release date. She was supposed to be out today, but now it says 6/25.

Also cancelled Megahouse Amazon. 1 step closer to freeing myself of the shackles of preorders.

I don't think I'll ever stop pre-ordering entirely, but I'd like to get to a point where I only have four or five pre-orders at a time. Bishoujos and certain Max Factory pieces, I need day one.

oh, look, Capcom will let us vote for a Morrigan variant. Is there one with a better face?

Who is this cutie-patooty? I know she's from Sword Art II, which I'm still hoping won't be a complete abomination.

Buuut, since you guys are experts in waifu figures, anyone has The World is Mine Miku figure? Always wanted to know how it is like since I missed ordering it. Also, is it worth getting Snow Miku 2013 nendoroid for 8.8K?

only male figure that I like was Izaya from durararararararararar and Kiritsugu(sp?) from Fate/Zero. Not many male characters are really eye catching tbh.

Also World is mine miku is the one that is on a frame right? Great figure. Would recommend. You can hang it (never did personally) from what I heard and it does have a stand. Shes held up by magnets.

Snow Miku 2013 will be available for cheaper I think. Once it officially comes out then she'll drop a bit lower (imo.) Also, if you happen to be at AX, she'll be there as well most likely for retail at GSC booth

omlet

I actually have some LEGO and K'Nex "mecha" (BattleTech and Star Wars) models in my same case with my anime figures...so it's not that I dislike mecha but it's not something I buy/build much anymore.

For figmas and movables, I am really not a fan--to me they're like in some unhappy place between artwork and toy so I don't buy them but I do enjoy looking at funny pictures of them that people take with various props and poses. The only one I have is a Yotsuba because she's funny (it was a gift, but it was something I probably would have bought anyway). She's currently standing guard on top of my Detolf with her water pistol.

only male figure that I like was Izaya from durararararararararar and Kiritsugu(sp?) from Fate/Zero. Not many male characters are really eye catching tbh
Yeah... kind of I want to get the Kiritsugu+Saber in black suits since they are a pair. I have to agree though that most male characters don't get very eye-catching figures... the one male figure I really wish I had is the Kamina scale they made a few years ago with pointing-at-the-sky pose. That one is pretty awesome, but it was super expensive when I looked for it (it has been a while since I looked though). Edit: Checked amiami and it's an 8.5k list price figure but last time I looked for it I never found it for under like 150$ which is... well, it's not "too much for a figure" but it's too much for that figure.

Snow Miku 2013 will be available for cheaper I think. Once it officially comes out then she'll drop a bit lower (imo.) Also, if you happen to be at AX, she'll be there as well most likely for retail at GSC booth

I'll be at AX :eek:
but I don't buy nendos

Alright, FigureGAF, I have a survey question for you.

You can have one figure made, any figure you want, but it has to be based off of an illustration/image. Which image would you choose? (If your choice is nsfw, say so but pick a sfw too to post in this thread)

I woulnd't mind a Miku figure based on the Mitchie-M album cover by Evangelion character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto:

Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus, lol. Mainly interested in mechas, movable figures like figmas and play arts kai.

I'm mostly into mecha figures myself...I'm a sucker for Macross merch lol. I have the Bandai DX Chogokin YF-30 Chronos on pre-order.

And yeah, I prefer posable figures like figmas more than static figures.

I'm hoping it will be a complete abomination. That's how I got all my laughs and enjoyment from the first season!

The first season was pretty good for the first fourteen episodes. After that it devolved into complete and utter horseshit. And not even regular horseshit, but sludgy diarrhea horseshit.

oh, look, Capcom will let us vote for a Morrigan variant. Is there one with a better face?

God damn it. Just give me Marvel vs Capcom 3 Morrigan already or at least a well made Lilith figure.

I'd kill to have this beauty in my collection:

:(

And since other people are posting more than one wish...

My second choice would be a well-made Chi figure:
vmneQaIl.jpg

That would be amazing. I have yet to see a figure of her that was truly well done.
I'd love to see a set with Elda & Freya together:

javac

What kind of artwork would I love to see being translated into figures? Boy...I couldn't just decide on one! I guess it would depend on the mood I am in. I guess I'll post a few pics that I have in mind right now.
I guess the only thing I can say right now is Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.I love his artwork and I'd love figures based on such artwork. Also, bonus pic below. I'd love a lineup of these :p

Also, my Misato arrived today. I'll take take updated pics of my pick ups later I guess :p

Bombless

Chrono, your HS bargain sales post rounded up at 160€ with shipping in damages for me. Damn youThanks for the headsup. Can't wait to finally get Kazuno. Will need to hide 2020 Miku until mom's birthday, not easy given the HUUUGE size of it.

Also my May shipment is finally at the local Post Office. Only took them 9 days to process it, the bastards. That's another 89€ in customs (I suspect Miku & Kazuno will cost just as much).

EU Figure GAFers united to the bane of customs T-T, sigh what also irks me is that even if your package's custom was £3 the post office adds an addition £8 for handling, so at minimal you pay £11 =/

I mean I understand why, but still...

Handling charge here is ~£14, so if you buy something that's just above the VAT limit which is ~£20 you get 25% VAT and that charge so the total price almost doubles.

sca2511

Received an e-mail telling me Sideshow Gwen Stacy, Mara Jade Bishoujo, and Armored Wonder Woman Bishoujo has shipped. Can't wait!

Chrono, your HS bargain sales post rounded up at 160€ with shipping in damages for me. Damn youThanks for the headsup. Can't wait to finally get Kazuno. Will need to hide 2020 Miku until mom's birthday, not easy given the HUUUGE size of it.

Also my May shipment is finally at the local Post Office. Only took them 9 days to process it, the bastards. That's another 89€ in customs (I suspect Miku & Kazuno will cost just as much).

Damn if I had to put up with that much surcharge in customs I wouldn't even bother collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom