• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost ordered this when I saw it this morning and I still haven't watched the show. Just so cute

fshKdU8.jpg

Went to the Post Office to retrieve the box. Pretty big one too.

The Nendo is strong with this shipment.

Still have 2020 Miku & Kazuno and Princess Bitch (thanks Mandarake) in transit and the Hobby Search shipment is waiting for Shimakaze figma.

Big fail on the "no extra orders this month" for me.

Hehe. Nice big order there.

chrono01

Like chrono, I too am caving on Morrigan a bit. I just really really need a Morrigan figure. *sigh*

No, but seriously, I know what you mean. I definitely side with the people have issues with her face, and general lack of shading, but for the price I'll take the leap [and hope they fix things before release]. If not, I'll have a Morrigan figure [finally]. Unless, of course, you have $400 laying around for an opened version of the Max Factory release [this was only a few months ago too]. >_<

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1383348.html
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1460148.html

Also, if I remember correctly, a lot of people had problems with Max Factory's version when she was revealed too. A few didn't care for her "duck-face", but now people welcome a re-release of her, myself included. Maybe people will grow to like the face with time? I know, it's slim, but there's always a chance.

Either way, she'll be mine.

TnK

It's just a minority interest in general. A preponderance of the consumer base for figures coming out of Japan are for either cute or attractive female characters. A certain subset is into mecha, and you'll see those posts in here, but they're not the main drive. You're one of that subset, so you should push for that discussion if you want it.

I have zero interest in mecha, but I have a figma BoH Guts and I have a Play Arts Kai DMC3 Dante. High quality male figures are few and far between. Most talk in this thread is about pre-orders and new items... there's just substantially more bishoujo than not out there.
Guess I am in the minority. You reminded me that the first two figures I ever ordered were these:
10062372a.jpg

10063323a.jpg

Well people talk about what they are interested in....not sure what you expect people to do if that is what they are collecting. If you haven't seen people posting mechs you haven't looked far enough back then...there are a couple here that do post about it.
Hmm, guess I will initiate and see if anyone responds.
only male figure that I like was Izaya from durararararararararar and Kiritsugu(sp?) from Fate/Zero. Not many male characters are really eye catching tbh.

Also World is mine miku is the one that is on a frame right? Great figure. Would recommend. You can hang it (never did personally) from what I heard and it does have a stand. Shes held up by magnets.

Snow Miku 2013 will be available for cheaper I think. Once it officially comes out then she'll drop a bit lower (imo.) Also, if you happen to be at AX, she'll be there as well most likely for retail at GSC booth
Yep, world is mine miku is the one with the frame. The figure is glorious, and is there a way to obtain it again?
Also, snow miku 2013 nendoroid still did not get an official release?
I'm mostly into mecha figures myself...I'm a sucker for Macross merch lol. I have the Bandai DX Chogokin YF-30 Chronos on pre-order.

And yeah, I prefer posable figures like figmas more than static figures.
Aww yis, another person with similar interests. That Macross mech looks awesome.
I... wouldn't know ;_;
Time to look for one?
That's..not what I meant. It's hilarious though.

This is Truth.
Hmmm, I see a Sakuya in that lot, is it a good figure? Same question for Snow Miku 2013 figure.

Bombless

Yep, world is mine miku is the one with the frame. The figure is glorious, and is there a way to obtain it again?

Aww yis, another person with similar interests. That Macross mech looks awesome.

Time to look for one?

Hmmm, I see a Sakuya in that lot, is it a good figure? Same question for Snow Miku 2013 figure.

Sakuya and the others in her series are great. Mom is very happy with her. Snow Miku 2013 is the cutest and best nendoroid on Earth, but she'll lose that crown once Snow Miku 2014 officially releases. And Miku 2013 came out last year. You can only get her through the after/used market.

I paid something like 75€ I think in total for her through MFC. It was worth that price and even more just to see my mom jump around with the box in her hands for a few seconds.

I mean, look at her :

kewlmyc

Guess I am in the minority. You reminded me that the first two figures I ever ordered were these:
10062372a.jpg

10063323a.jpg

Hmm, guess I will initiate and see if anyone responds.

Time to look for one?

You're not alone. I own a bunch of different figures, most of which AREN'T waifu figures. I really want to own the Koto DMC3 Dante and Vergil. I do have the DMC4 Dante though.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1121

I also have the Riobot Gurren Lagann which is one of my favorite figures.

javac

Dat ass...I mean dem bandages...

Nice shots. She was my first scale non prize figure. So worth it.

Haha thanks :) Whenever I don't use the flash on my phone the pics look really grainy and it hardly focuses but using the flash makes the skin tones look off and my phone overheats lol. The joys of taking photos lol. I noticed that all the eva girls have awesome butts in the kotobukiya line lol so I needed to capture it in all it's glory. I still need Mari! I'll get her soon :p Misato was the one I was dying for the most tho. Glad I got her!

Got my shipping notification for GSC Shinobu reissue today. I knew it was coming since they charged my CC last week.

Does anyone know if GSC ships EMS or SAL?

javac

Got my shipping notification for GSC Shinobu reissue today. I knew it was coming since they charged my CC last week.

Does anyone know if GSC ships EMS or SAL?

I've never used them but I'm pretty sure its EMS. They charge like 2000Yen do they not? I've heard it's not all that fast with them tho, anecdotal I know. In any case the OP states so and I trust johnsmith!

Good Smile Company is one of the few shops that will make exclusives available to buy outside of Japan, but they only ship by EMS, making things very expensive.

TnK

Sakuya and the others in her series are great. Mom is very happy with her. Snow Miku 2013 is the cutest and best nendoroid on Earth, but she'll lose that crown once Snow Miku 2014 officially releases. And Miku 2013 came out last year. You can only get her through the after/used market.

I paid something like 75&#8364; I think in total for her through MFC. It was worth that price and even more just to see my mom jump around with the box in her hands for a few seconds.

I mean, look at her :
This is getting an official release, correct?
You're not alone. I own a bunch of different figures, most of which AREN'T waifu figures. I really want to own the Koto DMC3 Dante and Vergil. I do have the DMC4 Dante though.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1121

I also have the Riobot Gurren Lagann which is one of my favorite figures.
One of my favorite figures is a giga drill breaker gurren lagann that has a drill far bigger than the figure itself.
snow miku hasn't been release officially yet. Probably around July or sept.

World is mine miku pop up preown on amiami around 7-8k

one on mandarake for 7k http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1680834.html
I actually meant this one. Love is war figure. Said world is mine by mistake.
hatsune-miku-love-is-war1.jpg

It is glorious...

I want it ;___;

the secret to GSC store being cheap is to order more than one exclusive.

They only charge a one time 2k fee for shipping. So lets say you have a bunch of friends that live close by and WF exclusives got announced. You could order like 4 different figures/nendos/figmas, 3 each and it would still be 2k shipping

Also I totally forgot about this.

I kinda want it. its 9k but shipping is expensive. only 80~ people ordered her from MFC and it just released so definitely bargain bin.

her design is pretty cute, and those books are pretty cool

meijiko

As was said, Snow Miku 2013 has already gotten her official release--and promptly disappeared since then. She pops up from time to time used.

Snow Miku 2014 (the witch version) has been released at a few events, but doesn't officially come out until July. Pre-order period for her is long over, though.

Bombless

One of my favorite figures is a giga drill breaker gurren lagann that has a drill far bigger than the figure itself.

I actually meant this one. Love is war figure. Said world is mine by mistake.
hatsune-miku-love-is-war1.jpg

It is glorious...

I want it ;___;

Love is War pops up from time to time. Love is War DX, which is the image that you posted, goes for 400+$ on the aftermarket. Possibly 500 now. I paid about 400 and considered it a bargain (figure + customs). She truly is a masterpiece.

Hate to bring this up again, just first time I have run into this. I did more searching and it sounds like when it says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" it means it is about to head overseas. In that case maybe I should call the Post Office? What do you all think, again this was a Sal Registered shipment and I haven't done one of those yet. Only used EMS so far.

BgmUXDv.jpg

Hate to bring this up again, just first time I have run into this. I did more searching and it sounds like when it says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" it means it is about to head overseas. In that case maybe I should call the Post Office? What do you all think, again this was a Sal Registered shipment and I haven't done one of those yet. Only used EMS so far.

BgmUXDv.jpg

origin post is XYZ means its usually either

1) going into customs/leaving
2) left the country it was originally in

I get that when it goes to custom but hasn't left yet
I also get that for Sal after it leaves japan

Ryuuroden

^ psycho pass is amazing.

actually, 2012 was amazing overall, anime wise. So many top line shows. Btw, just a warning but Psycho-Pass is brutal. Some of the stuff that happens it in is really quite horrific so if your squeamish, just warning you. It's not brutal just to be brutal though. It totally serves its purpose just as the brutality in Shin Sekai Yori does (Shin Sekai Yori probably by far one of the best anime adaptions in a decade or so. Also an anime from 2012)

actually, 2012 was amazing overall, anime wise. So many top line shows. Btw, just a warning but Psycho-Pass is brutal. Some of the stuff that happens it in is really quite horrific so if your squeamish, just warning you. It's not brutal just to be brutal though. It totally serves its purpose just as the brutality in Shin Sekai Yori does (Shin Sekai Yori probably by far one of the best anime adaptions in a decade or so. Also an anime from 2012)

Well it's an Urobutcher show. You pretty much expect such a thing.

george_us

You guys are making me want to give Pyscho Pass a second chance. I watched the first five or so episodes but didn't like the protagonist and the show's premise of crime prevention felt ridiculous to me.

On another note, my mom ordered Bishoujo Armored Wonder Woman for my birthday. She looked great in all of the video reviews I've seen of her so I'm pretty excited.

kewlmyc

You guys are making me want to give Pyscho Pass a second chance. I watched the first five or so episodes but didn't like the protagonist and the shows premise of crime prevention felt ridiculous to me.

On another note, my mom ordered Bishoujo Armored Wonder Woman for my birthday. She looked great in all of the video reviews I've seen of her so I'm pretty excited.

Which protagonist did you not like? There's like two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom