• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arveene

Neo Member
origin post is XYZ means its usually either

1) going into customs/leaving
2) left the country it was originally in

I get that when it goes to custom but hasn't left yet
I also get that for Sal after it leaves japan

Sounds about right. I get that all the time whenever my package is in customs, but hasn't been scanned in customs yet. It's weird like that.

Almost ordered this when I saw it this morning and I still haven't watched the show. Just so cute

fshKdU8.jpg
Whatch the show -> Watch the movie Rebellion -> Movie might you enjoy the franchise even more = Opposite of profit.

omlet

You guys are making me want to give Pyscho Pass a second chance. I watched the first five or so episodes but didn't like the protagonist and the show's premise of crime prevention felt ridiculous to me.

The premise being ridiculous is on one hand kind of the whole point of the show (as in, the characters question it, both the "good guys" and the "bad guys"), but on the other hand is it really that ridiculous? Don't get caught up in the science of it (or technical impossibility of it), think of it thematically--it's basically a society with "thought police" taken to the extreme. What does that do to people? To society? That's what the show is really getting into.

And don't worry about not liking Akane, that's pretty normal. She gets better later on, and the other characters are interesting to keep you occupied before she becomes interesting.

Shin Sekai Yori is still the better story overall IMO. Watch both!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Yeah, Akane is not that good of a lead, but it is also one of the good point of the story since she had plenty of space for character development.

I am still upset about the horrible Akane figure, let's hope season 2 will bring another figure.

I never finish Shin Sekai Yori, I really should give it a try.

Yeah, Akane is not that good of a lead, but it is also one of the good point of the story since she had plenty of space for character development.

I am still upset about the horrible Akane figure, let's hope season 2 will bring another figure.

one of the biggest mind fucks personally and it wasn't just a mind fuck added in the last second.

TnK

As was said, Snow Miku 2013 has already gotten her official release--and promptly disappeared since then. She pops up from time to time used.

Snow Miku 2014 (the witch version) has been released at a few events, but doesn't officially come out until July. Pre-order period for her is long over, though.
I don't recall anyone mentioning that the 2013 version got a release.
Love is War pops up from time to time. Love is War DX, which is the image that you posted, goes for 400+$ on the aftermarket. Possibly 500 now. I paid about 400 and considered it a bargain (figure + customs). She truly is a masterpiece.
In which aftermartket is it best to get this figure?

Ryuuroden

Yeah but by and by she became my favorite character and I really hope she is in season 2. And Shin Sekai Yori is a god tier show btw so yeah you should finish it.

RocBase

I honestly don't remember that. Though c'mon you guys, post something other than girls all the time?

No one talks about robots here though. Even though it would be awesome if they did. Not even any cool figures like Guts figma or something.

How do girls react when they see this mang?

Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus, lol. Mainly interested in mechas, movable figures like figmas and play arts kai.For example I like Vincent Valentine's Play Arts Kai figure, and I guess no one here has it?

Super late on this but I actually have a habit of buying loads of cheap robot toys locally, not for display but for tinkering and reference – tho thanks to Professor Renegade I'm starting an actual mecha collection now LOL. I'm not sure how I never thought about this before. Got myself a Great Mazinger with the Weapon set which still hasn't arrived yet, and even a couple of Revoltech Evangelions.

I love moveable figures too, just don't like Play Arts Kai particularly because I've been incredibly disappointed with their overall quality as of late. Used to think they were great – Playarts were what got me into figure collecting now that I think about it. I started off with their FF and KH variants, most of which I still have to this day, but then post the Dissidia PAK release pretty much all of the later ones I bought (DMC3, ME, DC and newer KH) kinda made me cry. idk if I just have really bad luck and end up with the worst possible batch but yeah, shit sucks. That being said, I still would like to hunt down some of the older KH Playarts that I don't own because those were on the same caliber as the AC and earlier KH ones which I still think were good.
Now I mostly just to stick to figmas and Figuarts. I like how they're small too, makes it great to work with as I like to use them for articulation reference (don't really use them for display).

As for this being a thinly veiled waifu thread as some guy put it, yeah it pretty much is – it's also why my browsing is pretty sporadic admittedly. The main interest here def is those anime girls but I imagine everyone else who's into something else exclusively is also a sporadic lurker that pops in every once and then. With the posts pertaining to their interests already being few and far between, they're less likely to catch them and engage in discussion. That's my take on it anyway.

So everyone's favorite serial killer from Persona 4 is getting a figure. Watch it be released before Labrys even goes up for preorder.

Comes with 3 interchangeable heads and 2 interchangeable right hand props.

Not sure who's making it (probably Megahouse), but he should be at Summer WonFes if the stream is anything to go by.

I'll cry if he's a WonFes exclusive though.

EDIT: Another picture, but this one looks a bit rough. Hopefully they improve on it or this is just a rough draft.
yeah this looks super duper rough and a tad too lanky. hoping this is just a draft
when exactly is wonfes anyway?

cajunator

Banned
Got my shipping notification for GSC Shinobu reissue today. I knew it was coming since they charged my CC last week.

Does anyone know if GSC ships EMS or SAL?

I got mine too! Cant wait for her!

The premise being ridiculous is on one hand kind of the whole point of the show (as in, the characters question it, both the "good guys" and the "bad guys"), but on the other hand is it really that ridiculous? Don't get caught up in the science of it (or technical impossibility of it), think of it thematically--it's basically a society with "thought police" taken to the extreme. What does that do to people? To society? That's what the show is really getting into.

And don't worry about not liking Akane, that's pretty normal. She gets better later on, and the other characters are interesting to keep you occupied before she becomes interesting.

Shin Sekai Yori is still the better story overall IMO. Watch both!

Hell yes. GREAT show

kewlmyc

yeah this looks super duper rough and a tad too lanky. hoping this is just a draft
WonFest is a one day figure convention in Japan where people can show off their custom made garage kit figures. Big name figure companies also show off some of the figures they are working on and announce figures there as well. It's one of the bigger figure conventions of the year. There are two each year, a winter and a summer con. This one is the summer and is happening on July 27.

RocBase

WonFest is a one day figure convention in Japan where people can show off their custom made garage kit figures. Big name figure companies also show off some of the figures they are working on and announce figures there as well. It's one of the bigger figure conventions of the year. There are two each year, a winter and a summer con. This one is the summer and is happening on July 27.

aw cheers man, although i did know what wonfes was – just didn't know the date LOL
so it's a little over a month away! how time flies, i still remember waiting in anticipation for the one that happened in feb

TnK

Super late on this but I actually have a habit of buying loads of cheap robot toys locally, not for display but for tinkering and reference – tho thanks to Professor Renegade I'm starting an actual mecha collection now LOL. I'm not sure how I never thought about this before. Got myself a Great Mazinger with the Weapon set which still hasn't arrived yet, and even a couple of Revoltech Evangelions.

I love moveable figures too, just don't like Play Arts Kai particularly because I've been incredibly disappointed with their overall quality as of late. Used to think they were great – Playarts were what got me into figure collecting now that I think about it. I started off with their FF and KH variants, most of which I still have to this day, but then post the Dissidia PAK release pretty much all of the later ones I bought (DMC3, ME, DC and newer KH) kinda made me cry. idk if I just have really bad luck and end up with the worst possible batch but yeah, shit sucks. That being said, I still would like to hunt down some of the older KH Playarts that I don't own because those were on the same caliber as the AC and earlier KH ones which I still think were good.
Now I mostly just to stick to figmas and Figuarts. I like how they're small too, makes it great to work with as I like to use them for articulation reference (don't really use them for display).

As for this being a thinly veiled waifu thread as some guy put it, yeah it pretty much is – it's also why my browsing is pretty sporadic admittedly. The main interest here def is those anime girls but I imagine everyone else who's into something else exclusively is also a sporadic lurker that pops in every once and then. With the posts pertaining to their interests already being few and far between, they're less likely to catch them and engage in discussion. That's my take on it anyway.

Actually, recent PAK have been really good for me. Then again, for PAK, I tend to go to an actual store to check them out before buying. So for example, from a batch of maybe 20 figures, I tend to concentrate on whichever looks the best, then buy that. Ordering them online is a gamble. You may end up with a good figure, or a horrible one. Also, since you got a Great Mazinger, look into getting a Super Robot Chogokin Mazinkaiser. That one looks amazing.

RocBase

Actually, recent PAK have been really good for me. Then again, for PAK, I tend to go to an actual store to check them out before buying. So for example, from a batch of maybe 20 figures, I tend to concentrate on whichever looks the best, then buy that. Ordering them online is a gamble. You may end up with a good figure, or a horrible one. Also, since you got a Great Mazinger, look into getting a Super Robot Chogokin Mazinkaiser. That one looks amazing.

So you buy them locally? Yeah that's def the best way to go about it, and my greatest mistake – directly ordering online. Seems really hit or miss that way. I can't remember the last time I bought anything locally since their asking prices usually end up being almost double than what you get online, which is pretty nuts. Would need to check on that.

kewlmyc

aw cheers man, although i did know what wonfes was – just didn't know the date LOL
so it's a little over a month away! how time flies, i still remember waiting in anticipation for the one that happened in feb

I just saw that you said "when" not "what". My bad. :p

RMI

Banned
my kotobikuya shinobu came in the mail yesterday.. She's still in the box, but when I'm cleaning the apartment this weekend I'll find a space for her. Looks super cute from what I can see through the packaging.

cajunator

Banned
Mirai <3
Shes a Griffon but I will still buy Griffon if I have a chance to see in person first (conventions)
Aside from a cheaply attached side ribbon (it will need to be glued back on) this ones not bad. They made her face cute unlike how badly they screwed up Kuroneko. I do wish somebody made a figure of her with the umbrella and her ridiculously cute green gothic lolita dress!

Hey guys I have a bit of a problem on my hands right now, I'll give as much info as I can.

A few weeks ago (May 31st) I ordered a 1/8 scale Ultimate Madoka off Mandarake. I couldn't believe my luck, I was hyped as shit so I went with EMS shipping. I got the shipping notice on June 1st, but after a week of waiting for it to come in I notcied that it was taking a bit longer than usual. I go on the tracking website that they provide and see that my package reached Canada, but is being held in "retention," I shrug it off and figure that it's just being held up in customs.

Fast forward to this past Monday, I decide to track it on the Canada Post site and find that my package is out of customs and "Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient." At this point it sounds like that it's finally on it's way, that is until I checked the tracking yesterday; I checked the tracking to find that it has been SHIPPED BACK to Japan.

I've never had this happen to a figure that I ordered from Japan, but this is also the biggest one (in terms of the box) that I've ever ordered. Is there anything I can do about this? Should I complain to Canada Post?

Hey guys I have a bit of a problem on my hands right now, I'll give as much info as I can.

A few weeks ago (May 31st) I ordered a 1/8 scale Ultimate Madoka off Mandarake. I couldn't believe my luck, I was hyped as shit so I went with EMS shipping. I got the shipping notice on June 1st, but after a week of waiting for it to come in I notcied that it was taking a bit longer than usual. I go on the tracking website that they provide and see that my package reached Canada, but is being held in "retention," I shrug it off and figure that it's just being held up in customs.

Fast forward to this past Monday, I decide to track it on the Canada Post site and find that my package is out of customs and "Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient." At this point it sounds like that it's finally on it's way, that is until I checked the tracking yesterday; I checked the tracking to find that it has been SHIPPED BACK to Japan.

I've never had this happen to a figure that I ordered from Japan, but this is also the biggest one (in terms of the box) that I've ever ordered. Is there anything I can do about this? Should I complain to Canada Post?

I would complain. I've never had that problem with Canada Post. Is it possible the address was wrong on the label?

Appears that package in question has finally moved from customs. Thanks for the assistance before, maybe my email to USPS got them off their asses. :p

LiK

That's freaking annoying. I dunno how people get addresses wrong these days. Copy paste that shit.

And yea, give that guy your address again.

omlet

That's freaking annoying. I dunno how people get addresses wrong these days. Copy paste that shit.

I put the wrong zip on a figure order one time (was having it shipped to my office but I accidentally put home zip code) but fortunately the local post office contacted me and I was able to just go pick it up.

Ryuuroden

The worker at mandarake was copy pasting, got sidetracked and highlighted some shit in mIRC chat he wasn't supposed to be on and that auto copied that so he pasted irc chat in the address field and failed to notice the mistake. This is my Swiss cheese hole filled hypothesis with no basis on any evidence or even plausibility.

Settin

lol yeah. HOpefully I can find one for less. IVe paid stupid money for OOP figures I highly desired but if I can find it cheaper or used Ill go that route.

Time for enabling/suicide pact? I've been really close to pulling the trigger on one of the unopened bath time Sonicos for 20k on Mandarake.

Ryuuroden

I have 370$ on my credit card. Once I clear that off then possibly.

you guys are terrible, your poor wallets. .....course I could say the same about my LEGO habit. Prolly spent more on that hobby then 95% of the people here have spent on figures. My brickset list says I've spent almost 20k on just sets alone over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom