• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

I would say that male figs just aren't as popular, but certain franchises like Free! would seem to indicate the opposite. But maybe those are the exception and not the rule.

I wouldn't say they're the exception, except maybe in the sense that they're they're the only stupidly popular male figures among all the stupidly popular female figures.

But generally male figures sell decently, at least lately. Looking at the comments of the Altair line is a pretty good measure of how beloved some of those figures are. It's not like Kirito is an unloved character--check out the aftermarket prices of his figma to see how much thirst there is for him. Far more unpopular female characters have been given great figures, so it just boggles my mind that we get a dozen different scaled figures of Asuna and precisely none of Kirito.

omlet

I wouldn't say they're the exception, except maybe in the sense that they're they're the only stupidly popular male figures among all the stupidly popular female figures.

But generally male figures sell decently, at least lately. Looking at the comments of the Altair line is a pretty good measure of how beloved some of those figures are. It's not like Kirito is an unloved character--check out the aftermarket prices of his figma to see how much thirst there is for him. Far more unpopular female characters have been given great figures, so it just boggles my mind that we get a dozen different scaled figures of Asuna and precisely none of Kirito.

Even as someone who finds SAO pretty repulsive, it kind of boggles my mind, too.

If anyone wants the SDCC Psylocke, you better hurry. Koto is running low.

It's not like Kirito is an unloved character--check out the aftermarket prices of his figma to see how much thirst there is for him. Far more unpopular female characters have been given great figures, so it just boggles my mind that we get a dozen different scaled figures of Asuna and precisely none of Kirito.

It's definitely bizarre that the main character of such a popular franchise doesn't get a proper figure from any of the big companies.

meijiko

Oh yeah, see also: Kurobas. I'm pretty sure the majority of those sales go to Japan, but it's still wildly popular and instantly sold out.

Oh yeah, see also: Kurobas. I'm pretty sure the majority of those sales go to Japan, but it's still wildly popular and instantly sold out.

Well, yeah. Anime culture as a whole is much more mainstream in Japan than it is in other countries. I still find it astounding how popular One Piece figures are.

Bombless

*checks Kirito prices on Ebay*

WHAT?!? To think I got them on sale off Plamoya...Funny how this hobby comes and goes.

I'm sure he'll get a scaled figure as soon as S2 is released. Of his S2 appearance.

In other news, I unboxed Princess Bitch today. I knew she was lewd, but I wasn't prepared...Whoa.

meijiko

*checks Kirito prices on Ebay*

WHAT?!? To think I got them on sale off Plamoya...Funny how this hobby comes and goes.

I'm sure he'll get a scaled figure as soon as S2 is released. Of his S2 appearance.

You joke, but I just found out that one was announced. By Griffon. fml

In other news, I unboxed Princess Bitch today. I knew she was lewd, but I wasn't prepared...Whoa.

Bombless! What will your mother say about such a figure???

Will she claim it for her own collection?

darklin0

Banned
Satsuki Nendo:
10430445_749926381697420_5265605771312309278_n.jpg

10373829_749926345030757_2064004100608829739_n.jpg
Definitely getting her.

Bombless

You joke, but I just found out that one was announced. By Griffon. fml

Bombless! What will your mother say about such a figure???

Will she claim it for her own collection?

I wish I'd be joking. The only reason a figure of Tieria Erde from Gundam 00 is being made is because he dressed as a woman in one episode.

Regarding PeachBitch, meditate upon this : at one point she considered getting that 1/2.5 Sigui. I'm not 100% certain she gave up on her yet. Regardless, I won't allow mom to get within viewing distance. Safety first.

Stupid UPS didn't deliver my Law until I left the office today.

God, deliver during normal working hours. I'm not going to stay behind especially on a Friday afternoon waiting for your slow delivery service. :E

Einbroch

Banned
I don't know if this is weird to ask, but anyone going to AX and could get me a Snow Miku 2014 Nendo that wasn't going to get one?

I'm GAF+ in the BST thread. If this is out of place or whatever, I apologize.

Giolon

I don't know if this is weird to ask, but anyone going to AX and could get me a Snow Miku 2014 Nendo that wasn't going to get one?

I'm GAF+ in the BST thread. If this is out of place or whatever, I apologize.

I am going to AX. I can probably help you with this, but if it's super limited you may be out of luck.

meijiko

judging by last year's AX exclusives... maybe not. They had so many that you could just walk up and get one on the last day

Except Snow Miku, but I'm pretty sure they just had a handful by chance and didn't advertise her.

At Sakura Con this year there wasn't a huge line at GSC or anything, but they did eventually sell out of all their Snow Miku. She was gone by the middle of the day on Saturday, and I think they had some set aside for Sunday too but I didn't check.

johnsmith

remember me
Question guys.

I preordered the Luigi Nendoroid from Hobby Search (as well as WW Link coming in the fall). I selected PayPal payment when the figure would be released. Now that it has I've noticed both available for pre-order this fall at Amazon for $50-$55 instead of $42 at HS.

Money is tighter now so I'll rather wait for Amazon's release. If I don't pay for the figure they'll cancel my order and said my account could be penalized. Anyone have any experience not paying when the figure cane in at HS? I've bought from them several times before but I've never put a credit card on my account or used the prepaid PayPal payment option.

Bombless

Question guys.

I preordered the Luigi Nendoroid from Hobby Search (as well as WW Link coming in the fall). I selected PayPal payment when the figure would be released. Now that it has I've noticed both available for pre-order this fall at Amazon for $50-$55 instead of $42 at HS.

Money is tighter now so I'll rather wait for Amazon's release. If I don't pay for the figure they'll cancel my order and said my account could be penalized. Anyone have any experience not paying when the figure cane in at HS? I've bought from them several times before but I've never put a credit card on my account or used the prepaid PayPal payment option.
Your account will be banned, plain and simple. I've heard people trying to play the "I never got the payment email" reason but I wouldn't count on it.

Still bitter that I only was able to get Kuroko but kept being mere moments late on getting Kise, Aomine, and Kagami...If there is ever a Takao heads will be rolling if I cant get him.

Ultimately just forever glad I got the free! and utapri ones (first releases as well).

Still bitter that I only was able to get Kuroko but kept being mere moments late on getting Kise, Aomine, and Kagami...If there is ever a Takao heads will be rolling if I cant get him.

Ultimately just forever glad I got the free! and utapri ones (first releases as well).
I missed out on Kise. I got Aomine from HLJ. And Kuroko and Kagami from Ami. I NEED Murasakibara and Akashi.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kotobukiya Bishoujo Spider-Woman came in. If there's a place to order the SDDC metallic version and I had known about it, I definitely would have ordered that instead, but the regular version looks good too. Very shiny. One new thing that they've done is add a small compartment, under the base, to store the extra (maskless) face.

14523237191_fbd621e542_b.jpg
14546753243_8ccb120e53_b.jpg
14523236801_cbbf18e342_b.jpg

14525184264_9e45566b2d_b.jpg
14526618675_120eb14830_b.jpg
14525183974_478b07d217_b.jpg

george_us

Kotobukiya Bishoujo Spider-Woman came in. If there's a place to order the SDDC metallic version and I had known about it, I definitely would have ordered that instead, but the regular version looks good too. Very shiny. One new thing that they've done is add a small compartment, under the base, to store the extra (maskless) face.
Sadly the metallic version is only available if you go to SDDC and pick her up in person. If I had time to go down there, I definitely would have went. As it stands now though, those pics you just posted are making it awfully hard not to impulse purchase her on the spot.

Giolon

Sadly the metallic version is only available if you go to SDDC and pick her up in person. If I had time to go down there, I definitely would have went. As it stands now though, those pics you just posted are making it awfully hard not to impulse purchase her on the spot.
Is that true? I thought they usually sell their SDCC exclusives through their web store. That's how I got Harley Quinn.

Well, keep me updated! I am very interested.
I'll be there on the first day, but my priority 1 is getting an SAO purchase for autograph it's for a friend as well assessing what the deal is with the KLK autograph tickets. But I can head to the GSC booth as priority 2. I've got some feedback in the BST thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom