• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Meijiko...that is a magnificent collection. All the more interesting to me since I've never seen CCS at all.

And yes, while money is often at the forefront of our problems, in truth shelf space is our most prised possession and our nemesis.

I remember the trio being available online afterward at a great discount. I think I remember no mask Harley being available as well? Was it at TFAW?

No-mask Harley was available online before the con, and then everywhere after the con. It wasn't exactly their most popular exclusive. The face was botchzilla, IMO.

BluLancer

Neo Member
I just wanted to drop in and thank
(or maybe curse is the better word...)
FigureGAF for contributing to the near doubling of my figure collection in the past year.

Maybe I will post pictures later...

Largely Type-Moon stuff with some other various figures (although some are still boxed up from moving).

Also I need that Archer figma in my life right now. Too bad that probably won't be the real base that comes with it.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't heard of one yet. I wouldn't mind a little one at one point, but I don't know that I'll be able to do like dinner or anything.

To steer the talk away from AX for a minute, I wanted to share something personal with you guys.

So I've mentioned before how like Cardcaptor Sakura, but I don't know that I've ever properly conveyed just how much this series means to me. It's my very favorite thing ever. I've loved it since I was twelve (which was about 13 years ago now, jfc) and about six years ago or so I started collecting it seriously.

I don't consider myself a crazy fan, as I don't collect absolutely everything, but over the years I've just accumulated a lot of stuff. This is mostly due to the fact that there was a huge, huge amount of merchandise made for this series in Japan, and collectors often sold their things in huge lots on YJA. At first I was after the plushes and trading figures, but after collecting a good amount of those I started hunting down promotional goods from magazines and lotteries and other hard to find things. I also have a fascination with some of the weirder stuff they made (I have a full CCS-themed shampoo bottle, as well as some bandages and other toiletries). I don't have some of the more commonly-sought-after things, like the Japanese Clow Book or the wands or anything, because they often auction for a lot of money. I like the crazier stuff, lately.

My goal is to someday document all of these items in a blog or something, as there's just not a lot of information out there about CCS merchandise, and I find it incredibly fascinating.

In our collection room, which I recently did a little organizing in, I have a full bookcase dedicated to showing off some of my collection. This isn't anywhere near all of it, as I've got two huge plastic tubs with more things, and some of my more important items are stored elsewhere. I just simply don't have the room to show off all of my posters, cels, books, and other flat things. Although I will say I'm really sad that I can't show off my life-size Sakura standee, because it's really old and in need of repair before I can stand it up anywhere.

So anyway here are pics. I don't have a lot of room to move around in there, so the pictures aren't as great as they could be, but it should give you an idea as to the amount and variety of stuff I've accumulated over the years.

Yeah. I haven't really shown the extent of my collection on the internet before, so it's a tiny bit scary to be opening myself for judgement lol.

Congrats on being the one person in this thread that I am truly legitimately jealous of.

pooptest

Psylocke still available. Debating it...

I wish I was collecting figures regularly back in 2012 to get the X-23 SDCC "angry face" figure. So cute...

Anyone know what the deal is with MegaHouse Ramba Ral? Heard he was supposed to be getting a reissue this summer. N-Y has him, but fuck paying $123.

released. he was 9k before. i'd say 12,5k is still moderate if you're serious about getting him.

WAT?

9k, MH is getting pretty greedy. Yeesh.

Edit: Nevermind, got him from Anime Island for $89. They should be getting it in the end of July, since they're in the US. In the meantime, I paid the 20% down.

Pre-owned A/B Max Factory Sheryl all up in here for 13.7k.
FIG-MOE-9257.jpg

omlet

An A/B Alter Gwendolyn just went up on amiami tonight and I snagged it. :D

I think I would have been fine with a (cheaper) B/B but this works, too. I will just, uh, consider this some AX spending a few days early, yeaaaah....

I'm really paying my late tax with this figure, but it's really like one of the only ones I missed out on that I really wanted to pick up.

Now to just hide my wallet to keep it safe until Ciel and Homura tag team it in the winter.

sca2511

An A/B Alter Gwendolyn just went up on amiami tonight and I snagged it. :D

I think I would have been fine with a (cheaper) B/B but this works, too. I will just, uh, consider this some AX spending a few days early, yeaaaah....

I'm really paying my late tax with this figure, but it's really like one of the only ones I missed out on that I really wanted to pick up.

Now to just hide my wallet to keep it safe until Ciel and Homura tag team it in the winter.
Be careful with the foot peg. Mine broke off and I've been lazy to fix it (epoxy made it worse). Now it sits in the box till then.

omlet

pooptest

Wtf is up with amiami? Tells me to pay for 2 orders and they don't exist when I click link. Not in my order history either. And one is due 7/1 JST...

I did email them a little bit ago. About to switch to diff company for ordering...

sca2511

Thanks for the warning. I've heard it can break more easily than usual when it comes to base attachments. I keep my figs behind glass, though, so she should be fine.

edit:

2lewd4me but man that discount...
Mine broke when I first tried to attach it to the base. It is a known problem ( as far as I know through Google search). Using plastic to hold up that weight, *sigh*.

Giolon

Alrighty, thanks.
Yeah being a direct person to person sale is certainly a massive gamble, compared to buying from somewhere like Mandarake.

I've bought from there a couple times and sold several. I've never had a problem, but check people's feedback, skim the scammers thread, always use a traceable parcel service, and never let anyone talk you into setting the Paypal purchase as a gift (doing so exempts their protection policies).

WAT?

9k, MH is getting pretty greedy. Yeesh.

Edit: Nevermind, got him from Anime Island for $89. They should be getting it in the end of July, since they're in the US. In the meantime, I paid the 20% down.

good price. i just unboxed mine yesterday. looks even better than in promo shots. he's worth it!

omlet

Mine broke when I first tried to attach it to the base. It is a known problem ( as far as I know through Google search). Using plastic to hold up that weight, *sigh*.

I'll be careful ._.

Also, I knew Gwen was tall so I was expecting maybe 2k or so, but 3300 for shipping, ouch, it burns us, preciousssssss.

Edit: Ha, going to site to pay and EMS actually is a tiny bit cheaper than SAL parcel for this? Welp. Going EMS then. Not really any reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom