• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who refuse to buy Arshes Nei are creepy and weird.
Nah, JK. I <3 everyone in FigureGAF.

The Orchid Seed one? Fuck yeah. I bought her pre-owned (dark skin, white costume) for about 10k a few months ago. She's really a beauty. I love the way she was sculpted (so curvy!).

Settin

The Orchid Seed one? Fuck yeah. I bought her pre-owned (dark skin, white costume) for about 10k a few months ago. She's really a beauty. I love the way she was sculpted (so curvy!).
This is real talk with your host, Freezasaurus.
I have the regular and the recolor with their outfits swapped.

Gurren Lagann 1/6 Kotobukiya Yoko Littner A/B - 11,480 JPY
FIG-MOE-0576.jpg

Jigoku Shojo 1/8 Alter Ai Enma A/B - 24,780 JPY
B/B - 19,840 JPY

Fate/Stay Night Gift 1/8 Sakura Matou A/B - 17,980 JPY

Josephl64

I thought she first started as a mascot for some sound company? (my memory is very fuzzy on this tbh)

Sonico was created as a mascot by Nitroplus because they needed one for a music festival...she just proved very popular and well-liked with the people there so she slowly grew until she expanded to pretty much everywhere

cajunator

Banned
These came in the mail today! Happy birthday to me! :D

And after

oh hey there ;P

I thought she first started as a mascot for some sound company? (my memory is very fuzzy on this tbh)

I need all of those nendos.

Ohh, I never knew this thread existed on GAF. This was my first purchase and I've been addicted ever since. Still one of my favourites!

Welcome! You picked the absolute perfect first figure.

Griffon is so terrible. Im VERY cautious when buying from them.
Kurumi came out alright. They mutilated Kuroneko and Mirai from Senran Kagura came out acceptable.

Vlaphor

Does anyone here know if Toylet is still actually open/in existence anymore? I ordered a KOF Vanessa from them awhile ago, got no confirmation, then got an email from them several days later saying that they couldn't find the last one in the warehouse and that they would refund my money the next day if they couldn't find it. This was awhile ago, I've received no confirmation, no refund, and no emails. I even called their support number, but that has been disconnected.

I've submitted a claim through paypal to get my $113 back, but I'm just curious as to what happened. Also, I'm sad because that's probably the best price I would ever find that Vanessa at.

Kikirin

Newcomer here! While I haven't bought any figures yet, I've been browsing for potential firsts.

Been reading through this thread for tips, stores, sales, things to avoid, etc., and noticed that there's quite a bit of dislike for Griffon. Is there a particular reason for this? Relatedly, is there a primer on which makers are quality or QUALITY?

Newcomer here! While I haven't bought any figures yet, I've been browsing for potential firsts.

Been reading through this thread for tips, stores, sales, things to avoid, etc., and noticed that there's quite a bit of dislike for Griffon. Is there a particular reason for this? Relatedly, is there a primer on which makers are quality or QUALITY?

IO1wgtN.gif

Top tier affordable quality, if you can wait XP

For Griffon I'll let someone else explain XD but long story short, the quality of their figures are low, very low.

johnsmith

remember me
My personal rankings of the major companies.
  1. Max Factory
  2. Orchid Seed, Alter, Arcadia/Yamato
  3. Good Smile Company, Kotobukiya, Alphamax
  4. Phat Company, Mega House
  5. Freeing, Wing, Vertex, Ques Q
  6. Square Enix, Bandai, Wave
  7. Griffon

Kikirin

Thanks for the responses so far! It's definitely helpful to get an idea of where each of the major companies stand relative to one another.

Forgot to ask, what exactly are people referring to when it comes to "quality"? Feel and durability of the material? Fidelity to character design and proportions? Level of detail? Size? Visual appeal?

johnsmith

remember me
Thanks for the responses so far! It's definitely helpful to get an idea of where each of the major companies stand relative to one another.

Forgot to ask, what exactly are people referring to when it comes to "quality"? Feel and durability of the material? Fidelity to character design and proportions? Level of detail? Size? Visual appeal?

All of the above.

omlet

Gwendolyn was waiting for me when I got back from AX so I opened her box last night. Pictures do her justice pretty well but she looks so good in person. No significant blemishes anywhere and no issues setting her foot straight down onto the dual pegs on the base.

Problem now is my 2 detolfs are officially full and Gwen's wings are blocking other figures now so I guess it's time to look into additional display stuff... preferably soon because Kobato, Ciel, and Homura that will also be needing space.

Does anyone here know if Toylet is still actually open/in existence anymore?

Have never ordered from them so I don't know, sorry. I just know they've been around a long time so it's surprising to hear about these issues you're having.

Giolon

Payment request for MegaHouse Elf from Dragon's Crown. Here's the shipping prices for those interested (to CA):

EMS : 2,720 JPY
Air Small Packet : 2,210 JPY
SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 1,690 JPY
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) : 1,280 JPY
SAL Parcel : 2,930 JPY

george_us

Dandy and co are up!
I wanted Dandy but I'm going to wait until impressions before making any decisions. The issues with MH Elf's base has me a little wary. With the way figure prices have been dropping like a rock lately, I'm sure I'll come out ahead.

Payment request for MegaHouse Elf from Dragon's Crown. Here's the shipping prices for those interested (to CA):

EMS : 2,720 JPY
Air Small Packet : 2,210 JPY
SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 1,690 JPY
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) : 1,280 JPY
SAL Parcel : 2,930 JPY
Elf's going to be over 11k when it's all said and done eh? Not unexpected but it still hurts. I wish I would have waited for all three of the MH Dragon's Crown figures after seeing what they did to her base.

Sonico was created as a mascot by Nitroplus because they needed one for a music festival...she just proved very popular and well-liked with the people there so she slowly grew until she expanded to pretty much everywhere
There you go, that's what it is lol.

I need all of those nendos.
Yes you do!

Happy belated birthday.
Thanks! :D

^_^

Happy Birthday =)
Thank you! :)

I am tempted to order that Beach Queen Sonico...never had experience with Wave figures though.

Giolon

What about Beach Queen? I've been hearing mixed reviews on those figs. Haven't really done much research though.

Beach Queens are by Wave. They're generally very small (1/10), bland (lacking in fine detail), and overpriced (6000yen+, though with the general increase in cost of figures lately that fits more into line against the larger scales than it used to now that they routinely cost 8000yen+). You also can't get more generic and boring (IMO) than just taking any random anime girl character and putting them into a swimsuit. Come on, have some more creativity than that.

That being said - they're generally not awful. I've even been tempted to pick up a couple - like Ryuuko from Kill La Kill. In that swimsuit, she's wearing more than she frequently does in the show and she just looks so HAPPY!

Beach Queens are by Wave. They're generally very small (1/10), bland (lacking in fine detail), and overpriced (6000yen+, though with the general increase in cost of figures lately that fits more into line against the larger scales than it used to now that they routinely cost 8000yen+). You also can't get more generic and boring (IMO) than just taking any random anime girl character and putting them into a swimsuit. Come on, have some more creativity than that.

That being said - they're generally not awful. I've even been tempted to pick up a couple - like Ryuuko from Kill La Kill. In that swimsuit, she's wearing more than she frequently does in the show and she just looks so HAPPY!

I see. Thanks for the info! The Sonico Beach Queen looks pretty decent. I may preorder her today.

Also Amiami.com has the PS3 Sonico game for 73% off. Comes with a pillow case and a Chibi KyunChara "motto! sonicomi" bikini ver. (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0009486)

omlet

Some of the Beach Queens figures are pretty cute (I don't buy them, though). True, they don't have lots of fancy detail but from what I've seen they usually have pretty good sculpts and, more importantly, faces.

I like that one as well but mainly for Senketsu.

Bombless

Another day, another SAL package that slips through the Belgian customs cracks, wooo! Today is also the day I finally became an Admiral of the Fleet.

Also the vocaloid nendos collection is now complete!

I have to say, it's nice to see many new faces around here lately. Welcome to you all, make yourselves at home
and say goodbye to your wallets
!

Another day, another SAL package that slips through the Belgian customs cracks, wooo!
The greatest feeling XD
Pre-order cancelled?
Had it cancelled when Nippon-Yasan was still easy to cancel, reckon I'd rather save money XD. My decision was vindicated =P
I'll be buying them during HLJ's Black Friday sale for 50% off. Believe.
Would love them more if the delivery didn't hurt the wallets more than the figures, judging rom the last sale T-T.

Would love them more if the delivery didn't hurt the wallets more than the figures, judging rom the last sale T-T.

Ha ha, customs. lolololololololololol

All I have for July (since Snow Miku and SDCC Psylocke are already paid for) is GSC Frau, MegaHouse Elf, and the remaining balance on my MegaHouse Ramba Ral from Anime-Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom