• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Charlotte Yeager" which is a play on Chuck Yeager, a famous p-51 and test pilot.
Edit: this one

o that one. The only issue is that uhh her leg leans slightly. Don't think its an issue since nobody has report it being broken (peg/base) and its a 2010 figure.

Mine leans but its not bad or anything. You can't even tell really since the way the figure is. It stop leaning past a certain point. I think its basically the peg hole on the figure is too lose and not tight enough.

They definitely fixed that in the other ones though.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=3
3.5k XIAO MEI GET THIS SHIT ITS FROM MAX FACTORY
FIG-MOE-2557.jpg

4.2k Sakamoto
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=3

Settin

o that one. The only issue is that uhh her leg leans slightly. Don't think its an issue since nobody has report it being broken (peg/base) and its a 2010 figure.

Mine leans but its not bad or anything. You can't even tell really since the way the figure is. It stop leaning past a certain point. I think its basically the peg hole on the figure is too lose and not tight enough.

They definitely fixed that in the other ones though.
That's good to know. I'm nerding out over her because she has the black/white D-Day stripes like my current p-51 model has.

cajunator

Banned
She's cute, but she doesn't really look like Char.

Griffon figures never resemble what theyre supposed to >_<

Wait.... Wait.... Wait... There's a show with waifus with WW2 fighters for legs? How is this news to me?

Lol. Weve got a live one!
My avatar is a girl from the show named Sanya. Shes the cutest!

"Charlotte Yeager" which is a play on Chuck Yeager, a famous p-51 and test pilot.
Edit: this one

Dude Strike witches is so much fun!

Whoah, I already had preordered Kotobukiya's Sniper model kit from Etrian Odyssey 4, but I didn't know there was going to be an Imperial as well.
Really looking forward to both of their releases now, though the face on this one deviates a bit more from the original artwork I feel.

is this like the gundam models? where u gotta build em from scratch and paint em?

hey fig gaf XD

Anyone know were I can get another Nendoroid Ikaros? I want another one lol. Amiami doesnt have anymore preowned ones and its not on Mandarake. I am thinking about testing my luck on Amazon.com but I don't know what dealers are ok -_-

She shows up on AmiAmi a couple times a month it seems. That is where I got mine (used)

RMI

Banned
Whoah, I already had preordered Kotobukiya's Sniper model kit from Etrian Odyssey 4, but I didn't know there was going to be an Imperial as well.
Really looking forward to both of their releases now, though the face on this one deviates a bit more from the original artwork I feel.

I really liked the sniper but the proportions on this one look a bit off.

arhra

I want to get the Sniper but I'm not exactly sure what it is. HLJ lists it as requiring painting?

Plastic model kit. Comes as a box full of stuff like this:

GQGLuVw.jpg

(that's from one of Kotobukiya's RAcaseal kits)

So you have to snip out all the pieces, and paint and assemble it yourself. Depending on the kit and the degree and accuracy of the parts separation for different colours, painting may be more or less necessary, but even for the best kits, an unpainted kit isn't going to look anywhere near as nice as the painted promo shots. Koto kits do sometimes have pre-applied detailing for stuff like eyes, though.

To use that same kit as an example, here's the kit fully painted (actually a shot from the painting guide in the manual, which tells you exactly what colour paints you use... if you can read the japanese and have access to the right paint brands):

I5HsHQm.jpg

And here's a straight build of the kit:

ID4We0o.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Looking at the sniper, it is going to be a huge pain to paint all the details. Most likely going to spend hours just putting on the masking tape. I seriously doubt it came with many small parts that you can paint separately.

50 bucks plus shipping is quite steep for a simple kit like that. Still I kind of want it.

Bombless

I just realised the Usagear I preordered is also a kit. I'm not the painting type. I was wondering why it was so cheap for all the stuff that came with it.

george_us

This is why I should shut the fuck up when commenting on unfinished sculpts. That looks fantastic. Here's hoping they nail the paint job.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, random visit to Toys R Us today landed me something unexpected.

I don't know how, but there was a Masterpiece Grimlock sitting their on the shelf.

Not even ex-girlfriends had me spend as much as I have on some merchandise. lol

Well, look at it this way. For every waifu you purchase, there's only a one-time fee. But when you're dating a woman, you spend less money on her per day, but incrementally over time, you end up spending more on her than your average expenditure per waifu.

meijiko

I'm gonna get Natsume probably. It'll be interesting to note the price difference between him over four years.

In other news we picked up these at AX:

OmPtTy9.jpg

Probably the most fabulous figure set we'll ever own. I love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom