• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerTapTap

I got Alisa assembled! The problem wasn;t the peg, it's her shirt, it has a separate hole cut in it and you basically have to force the peg through and warp the shirt around it, pretty annoying design but I guess it's necessary because her shirt comes off her body a bit at the bottom. Here she is all fixed up:

IMG_20150325_202154.jpg

kierwynn

Preordered sword boy cause I support more male figures and I canceled my Ayesha preorder. I'll just grab her at a later date when I don't have so many orders.

Also, look who arrived today! (bad pics are bad- loliphone and my house has bad lighting oop)

She's even more adorable than I expected! Her face looks a little funny thanks to the bad lighting here, but she looks great in person.

Also finally unboxed my samurai recolor. Another great figure.

I wish her hair was a little darker, but whatever- she's still a lovely figure.

Preordered sword boy cause I support more male figures and I canceled my Ayesha preorder. I'll just grab her at a later date when I don't have so many orders.

Also, look who arrived today! (bad pics are bad- loliphone and my house has bad lighting oop)

She's even more adorable than I expected! Her face looks a little funny thanks to the bad lighting here, but she looks great in person.

Beautiful figures, thanks for sharing.

Chance

So the GF and I go to our geek shop today, as we've both had terrible days at work. Last night, they updated their Facebook site with this little cutie,

hIE1412045534.jpeg

and she went squee, but insisted she didn't need to spend any more money on any more things. Still, we went to the store, and the young lady who tends to help us out asked if we needed anything. "Do you have any new Nendos in?" I replied.

"We do have one," she said, peering over at the Nendo shelf. "...but I don't see it out there. It might be sold already."

"Good, then I won't be tempted!" the GF replied. But the nice young lady offered to check in the back for it, and I helpfully showed my lady some of the Sword Art Online Nendos. She expressed disinterest in each in turn, and by the time we were through them, the young lady had returned.

"We do have it, but it looks like it's been reserved for someone else," Young Lady said.

"Oh..."

"...unless your name is Kayla?"

She turned to me.

"You asshole."

huehuehue.gif

Chance

The original Samurai is the only fig I've been strongly tempted to purchase without knowledge of the show/game/whatever she's from.

She's awesome.

So the GF and I go to our geek shop today, as we've both had terrible days at work. Last night, they updated their Facebook site with this little cutie,

hIE1412045534.jpeg

and she went squee, but insisted she didn't need to spend any more money on any more things. Still, we went to the store, and the young lady who tends to help us out asked if we needed anything. "Do you have any new Nendos in?" I replied.

"We do have one," she said, peering over at the Nendo shelf. "...but I don't see it out there. It might be sold already."

"Good, then I won't be tempted!" the GF replied. But the nice young lady offered to check in the back for it, and I helpfully showed my lady some of the Sword Art Online Nendos. She expressed disinterest in each in turn, and by the time we were through them, the young lady had returned.

"We do have it, but it looks like it's been reserved for someone else," Young Lady said.

"Oh..."

She turned to me.

"You asshole."

Oh you.

The original Samurai is the only fig I've been strongly tempted to purchase without knowledge of the show/game/whatever she's from.

She's awesome.

Yeah, when they first revealed the recolor, I wasn't feeling it. But it really grew on me. I think I prefer it to the original now.

That price is the same as Gwen's, she is much smaller, and not to mention the base is on high levels of meh for me.

Sadly, I have more reasons to pass than to order her

I'm still thinking about it. But if I have to think about it, I already know the answer.

Dat Gwen, tho....

Bombless

hIE1412045534.jpeg

"Oh..."

She turned to me.

"You asshole."

huehuehue.gif

Well done, sir. Well done.

That Alisa Nendo looks really nice. She goes for cheap too doesn't she?

Glad your happy with her. I too wish the hair was more in line with the prototype. However she is still my favorite figure that I own. I liked the original Samurai but didn't need to have her until I saw the recolor. Once I saw her I preordered as fast as I could.

Einbroch

Banned
I made an exception to my rule in this case, but I made a promise to myself it'd only happen once! A birthday gift to myself later this year (unless he gets delayed).

Just this once. Ahahahaha. I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sorbet.

Ryuuroden

so I saw that the :0 Miku ended up being 16k yens eh. Lol, figured as much. My guess was off by 200 yen.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and I just put in my order for Amatsukaze. The Fleet grows. I have so far put in a figure order on BiJ on the 26th day of the last 3 consecutive months. Not on purpose, total coincidence and the pattern must stop! now!

Everyone has such little faith in me! I wanted to make the declaration public so that I'm able to hold onto my promise as sword boys merch goes full steam ahead.

It's probably good I missed out on the first round of the one coins, cause so many of them now.

Tell me about it. Once I get 4Q I'm sorting them and prioritizing which ones from 1-4Q I want to keep and which ones I want to pawn off. I still like their design but I really don't need 36 mini figures, especially since Kuroko and Kagami are in every set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom