• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

My solution for my larger figures is going to be getting a shorter, 3 shelf bookcase, then putting my large figures on top of it.

They're kinda tall, but I have these, and they kick ass.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/

The closest Ikea is in West Chester, OH though for us Hoosiers. About an hour and a half away. It's a fun Saturday trip and if you have pull down backseats, even a Nissan Sentra can fit the furniture in it.

Chance

Got P.O.P Perona today at a general store in Japan for 4000 yen, box wasn't in the best conditions (probably exposition model) but figure is perfect.
My desk is getting more and more composed.

So you don't actually need to eat to stay alive right?

No idea what it's from - I love this. It's like a character Tim Burton would make, were he Japanese.

Yagami_Sama

Just a question for curiosity sake.

How does import figures from Japan to another country in Europe / North America works ?

Do you guys have to pay taxes related to importing stuff ?

Here in my country I have to pay 60 % of taxes related to that, like if I buy a figure which cost U$ 80,00 + U$ 20,00 (Shipping),
the government charge 60 % of this value.

LiK

How does import figures from Japan to another country in Europe / North America works ?

Here in my country I have to pay 60 % of taxes related to that, like if I buy a figure which cost U$ 80,00 + U$ 20,00 (Shipping),

US doesn't have to pay any taxes so we don't need to even think about that stuff.

Damn that made me clench up. I didn't know it was that high. Gat damn.

dani_dc

No idea what it's from - I love this. It's like a character Tim Burton would make, were he Japanese.
Perona (One Piece) said:
4faR5Df.jpg
Perona at Kuraigana Island said:

To add to whaf Acid08 said, Oda took a lot of inspiration from western horror themed stuff for Thriller Bark arc, so I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Burton was an inspiration for some of the character design.

US doesn't have to pay any taxes so we don't need to even think about that stuff.
You do actually, but only if the value of the goods is over $200. And even then I imagine they don't tax every order over $200.

At least that's what I read a few years ago when I wanted to send some stuff to someone in the US.

meijiko

To add to whaf Acid08 said, Oda took a lot of I inspiration from western horror themed stuff for Thriller Bark arc, so I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Burton was an inspiration for some of the character design.

You do actually, but only if the value of the goods is over $200. And even then I imagine they don't tax every order over $200.

I've had probably a dozen orders over that amount, and I've never been taxed.

dani_dc

I've had probably a dozen orders over that amount, and I've never been taxed.

That's good, my original country also had duties for imports (with a much lower limit, under 30 euros if I recall) and it was always a bit of a shoot in the dark if I got taxed or not.

Anyway, potential relevant information:
If merchandise, used or new, is imported into the United States, it must clear CBP and may be subject to the payment of duty as well as to whatever rules and regulations govern the importation of that particular product into the United States.

Purchase price in U.S. dollars. Provide both the unit price, and if more than one unit was purchased, the total value for all like items. Fudging or miscalculating the price paid for goods is a bad idea. Many sellers offer to misrepresent costs in an effort to save the purchaser from having to pay duty, but this is illegal.

Merchandise shipped through the international postal service is forwarded upon its arrival in the United States to one of U.S. Customs and Border Protection International Mail Branches for clearance. If the item is less than $2,000 in value and is not subject to a quota or is not a restricted or prohibited item, a CBP official will usually prepare the paperwork for importing it, assess the proper duty, and release it for delivery. This procedure is generally referred to as a mail entry. Packages whose declared value is under $200 ($100 if being sent as a gift to someone other than the purchaser) will generally be cleared without any additional paperwork prepared by CBP.

Source

I could be misreading, but if I had to guess I'd say it's something that probably doesn't get applied much, even if technically people should be paying duties.

Meyneth

That's good, my original country also had duties for imports (with a much lower limit, under 30 euros if I recall) and it was always a bit of a shoot in the dark if I got taxed or not.

Anyway, potential relevant information:

Source

I could be misreading, but if I had to guess I'd say it's something that probably doesn't get applied much, even if technically people should be paying duties.
Canada's technical cut-off amount is on items marked over $60, but I found that they don't actually flag items unless they're over $100 (and even then, if it's a smaller box it might slip through). :/

SoldnerKei

I know some of you say that complaing in GAF works, soooo... it has been more than a freaking month without update on my Snow White shipping :c

the last figure I got took almost the same, but sure this one it's taking some time lol

Acid08

Banned
Yo jrod, I ended up scoring that Allenby figure! Thanks for posting it, man!

It's gonna be my first SAL package so let's see how that goes. pray4me Figure-Gaf.

Yo jrod, I ended up scoring that Allenby figure! Thanks for posting it, man!

It's gonna be my first SAL package so let's see how that goes. pray4me Figure-Gaf.

Right on dude. I originally was just trollijg you about it cause I know you're team Rain. Hah. SAL usually takes about 14 days to get to me but mine go through LA.

Meyneth

I know some of you say that complaing in GAF works, soooo... it has been more than a freaking month without update on my Snow White shipping :c

the last figure I got took almost the same, but sure this one it's taking some time lol
Which Snow White? The Myethos one?

You should email amiami about it since that one is listed as sold out

I want that version but can't get past the price tag. I will sticker with the cute version and get her Nendo to have the guns :3

Christown1423402710.jpeg

Cuteness overload...
Must resist....

I'm inclined to agree, that price is Ludacris ( sic ) lol, and it is a little distracting to have her surrounded by a wall of steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom