• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaenos

How are you guys managing consistent over-night TM farming right now. It seems like both Nox and Memu crash after 5-6 fights or so lately. I start them up and check it in the morning finding it crashed and only a few runs have completed each time.

During the day yesterday, I set it to a very low interval so I could see what was going on. About 5-6 NRG later the app invariably crashes, usually the moment a new fight starts.

This never used to happen to me, I used to leave it running for two-three days at a time. As it is now, I have to physically babysit the computer which completely defeats the purpose. Is anyone else having this issue?

How are you guys managing consistent over-night TM farming right now. It seems like both Nox and Memu crash after 5-6 fights or so lately. I start them up and check it in the morning finding it crashed and only a few runs have completed each time.

During the day yesterday, I set it to a very low interval so I could see what was going on. About 5-6 NRG later the app invariably crashes, usually the moment a new fight starts.

This never used to happen to me, I used to leave it running for two-three days at a time. As it is now, I have to physically babysit the computer which completely defeats the purpose. Is anyone else having this issue?

Nox has been more reliable for me overall but not completely

I just let it run as long as it can. I have enough energy from rank that I usually dont lose TOO much now if I burn it all before I go to sleep

CCIE

Banned
I use Andy and a custom script for TM farming. I'm on a MacBook Pro though. Maxwell is almost maxed ;) Then I think I will collect Metal Gigantaurs until the day is over. I might max a second Arc, but I think I will wait and see the next banner first

Daily pull - Bedile

Alkez

I use Finger Replayer on my phone. Ran it last night and it worked fine.

I know I said I wouldn't go for the 10k karma but then I remembered that Chizzy has high tide, and coupled with charlotte's black belt I could probably get her lb in 4 turns, which I just did. All challenges done!!

Phaenos

I use Andy and a custom script for TM farming. I'm on a MacBook Pro though. Maxwell is almost maxed ;) Then I think I will collect Metal Gigantaurs until the day is over. I might max a second Arc, but I think I will wait and see the next banner first

Daily pull - Bedile

Hrm, I haven't tried Andy yet. Have you found it to be pretty reliable since the latest FFBE build? The issues started for me with the most recent patch for the game.

Celegus

Aaaaand another 60 win streak lost because of a crash. Never gonna get the 100 and probably no chance at staying in the top 3000 with all these crashes, so I'm probably done trying.

If you're marginally proficient at programming you could use BlueStacks with AutoIT. If you're better than marginally good, it actually is much more powerful. When I used to play Dragon blaze I had a macro that would read the screen buffer contents to detect crashes, disconnects, lag, etc and react appropriately.

You could probably get optimally fast runs with AutoIT too if you can read the screen buffer, because you don't have to do the wait 5 seconds thing, you can have it always click as soon as the button pops up.

Iceman829

I had a couple of questions before I give Maxwell a shot today (going for the Evoke). What's the best move to use in this fight with DKC? I pulled the unit a few days ago, so I haven't had much time to play around with it. I don't have a barrage TM, but I do have a dual wield one. Would it be more beneficial being on CoD for this fight? Also, should I keep Diablos on DKC or switch it with someone else (CoD/Ifrit, WoL/Ramuh, Refia/Shiva, Cecil/Golem)? Thanks.

Phaenos

If you're marginally proficient at programming you could use BlueStacks with AutoIT. If you're better than marginally good, it actually is much more powerful. When I used to play Dragon blaze I had a macro that would read the screen buffer contents to detect crashes, disconnects, lag, etc and react appropriately.

You could probably get optimally fast runs with AutoIT too if you can read the screen buffer, because you don't have to do the wait 5 seconds thing, you can have it always click as soon as the button pops up.

I am unfortunately neither of those things :) I'm going to give Andy a try and see how it works for me. On-phone tap recording apps aren't an option for me either because Apple apps are sandboxed and I don't want to jailbreak my phone to make it work.

CCIE

Banned
Andy works like a dream on a MacBook Pro... the only thing that sucks is the constant ads when I turn it on. But I can deal with that. Also, I cannot refill lapis in Andy. I do it with my phone, then have to log back in. But then again, I tend to be a little stingy with lapis after my failed whaling attempt at WoL long ago

I use Automator to make the script. I had instructions on the first version of this thread long ago. Nox for Mac is a mess

Memu is a mess. Wish I could use Andy on my Mac, but it's an aging 2009 Macbook. Honestly, the best option I've found, aside from hoping Menu goes halfway through the night, is Switch Controls, which gets the job done at work. That's all I really care about. Tap the phone, let it sit and charge.

(... naturally, just as I said this, Memu crashed again in "Cactuar Dunes - Uncharted Zone, Battle 3/2")

Xion86

Haven't had any problems with MEmu here, been quite impressed. I only do Earth Shrine which I recorded myself, not updated to the latest version either.

Acerac

Banned
Been having problems with MEmu crashing myself. Sometimes it works all night without a problem, other times I get the feeling that it crashes right after I leave it.

Phaenos

Been having problems with MEmu crashing myself. Sometimes it works all night without a problem, other times I get the feeling that it crashes right after I leave it.

This is exactly the feeling that was nagging me too which is what prompted me to sit and watch it yesterday. At least for me, it's scary how consistent it is with when it crashes. five, six rounds and then done.

I'm going to be running Andy from windows (I don't have a mac) so I'm going to try writing a script with AutoHotkey and see how stable it is. Thanks for the tips CCIE.

Acerac

Banned
Nox hasn't failed since that new update, even though I hate it.

I got it installed a couple nights ago, I'll get a macro going tonight on it.

Just tried to kill Maxwell with a Limit Burst and it took me all of one try. Wow that was stupidly easier than summoning Diabolos. Now all I need is that silly Dark Resist Materia and that shouldn't be too hard.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Boooooy getting obliterated by Maxwell a couple times will sure make you want to do something else for a while.

Cecil
CoD
Refia
Kefka
Charlotte
Tilith
Kuja

I have all those maxed units, a couple others that could be useful. Only TM is Excalibur so far. Anyone see a path here?

Syrus

Banned
Boooooy getting obliterated by Maxwell a couple times will sure make you want to do something else for a while.

Cecil
CoD
Refia
Kefka
Charlotte
Tilith
Kuja

I have all those maxed units, a couple others that could be useful. Only TM is Excalibur so far. Anyone see a path here?

You have exactly what you need.

Use valentus or super strong lightning or CoD

Cecil provoke and help heal
Charlotte sustainabikiry
Refia heal revive
CoD omniveil and barrage
Tilith nore support

Use friends CoD to do most damage. Chain call of voids

Iceman829

Holy crap I did it. Beat Maxwell my second time, but this time with a LB and I evoked Diabolos. Thanks again Valentus for having a great unit to borrow. A few choices I used to make the run smooth and enable my other characters to perform their duties were I brought Holy Torches and had DKC dispel after each Rune (I had to hold out through 4 of them). This allowed WoL to FB or cura when needed. I also equipped Siren to DKC and used Valentus to evoke Diablos. This allowed my entire squad to be "strong" against light damage and minimalize extra healing like in my first Maxwell kill. Dual cast is something I need to focus on. It's already in my TM squad but I need it for Refia so she can multitask. I actually had to throttle down my damage output near the end. I did so much I had to wait for the esper meter to catch up. Cecil was working overtime with his LB a few times and black belt countering for crystals. Thanks to everyone here who posted their stories and tips. I pulled out a pen and paper and wrote out each turn and grouped them into 4's so I could keep track of buffs and Runes. I will be leveling up maxwell the best I can with my remaining cactuars for anyon cactuar farming. It won't be max but if your team can carry a deadweight unit I hope the bonus helps. My code is 713,130,495

Is the +15% dark resistance worth trying for? Also, should I try going after the 70k +15% mag materia? I have already purchased everything except for Elza's materia and I even topped off my 6* materials. I'm sitting at 14k karma as well and don't mind the grind.

Muku

My daily pull today was ... CoD! I'm okay with blue crystals in this event. This means my second one. Soon as I finished Refia, I'm going to use last bit of time with Dunes to level her. Def happy to get a second one!

Syrus

Banned
My daily pull today was ... CoD! I'm okay with blue crystals in this event. This means my second one. Soon as I finished Refia, I'm going to use last bit of time with Dunes to level her. Def happy to get a second one!

Got duane....all i want is CoD but shes not worth a 10 pull....esp ili onky have 6k lapis

Muku

Got duane....all i want is CoD but shes not worth a 10 pull....esp ili onky have 6k lapis

I already have Duane and been fearing his happy ass would show up. So far so good... *knocks on wood*

Awww. :( Well with 10+1 pull you'd be bound to get several of his ass and no CoD. It's rare I get good daily pulls, but enjoy when I do.

Just got Refia to 100! Going to abuse rest of Cactaur Dunes time to level up CoD. Then I guess it'll be time to go back and try Maxwell. This time with Refia. (Last time was with Lenna.)

CCIE

Banned
I have no shortage of units to level. I now have three CoD's, 2 ExDeath's, and 4 Arc's. And those are just the dupes worth leveling. Oh, and 8 Shantotto now.

Going to level a second Arc, and then combine the other two into the maxed ones for two Omnirod when TM farming after the group that is currently running. I'm going to have to spend some lapis on unit slots with all the dupes I'm pulling.

Would be appreciative of one more Gafgarion for the pair of bracers, but we will see what the week brings. He and Garland would be nice.

Muku

HOLY CRAP!!! I got CoD on my Alt account just now too! Okay, time to get serious with CoD on that account since she's my first there.

UrSuLeTzU

Daily pull - Bedile

As I said before, Maxwell is a beast in the arena but you have to give him a dual wield and at least a Gugnir for her to trully shine. Too bad endless is so weak for such a badass, boombastic and screen filling LB :C

Acerac

Banned

I even burned a few tickets to try and find a CoD with no luck. I just have no luck getting relevant physical attackers.

Oh well, I have my Firion waiting and I should have at least my dual wield by the time he gets his 6* form. I'll get my physical attacker sooner or later.

Muku

I even burned a few tickets to try and find a CoD with no luck. I just have no luck getting relevant physical attackers.

Oh well, I have my Firion waiting and I should have at least my dual wield by the time he gets his 6* form. I'll get my physical attacker sooner or later.

Hope yall both get one soon. Def helps out. Wish I could apparently give you my houses daily pull luck. Today both of my accounts and my husbands account got CoD. o_O

H3xum

What would you smarter than me folks recommend if it could only be one or the other. The elemental weapons from the karma or the 15% hp? I have a 6* Cecil around 4.8k hp with 410ish D

Rixa

Some weekend progress. About 4 weeks to go and I have really nice DPS Trust Masteries.
My _wanna_be_dual_wielding_CoD_ gets ATK to take her on par with DW sisters.

Screenshot_20161120-213823.png

PS: Chilly come back we miss you.

Acerac

Banned
I didn't mean to chase Chilly off by being silly the other day. ;_;

I even sent an apology PM, I do hope my foolish behavior didn't have any part of this.
Goddamn. I can't wait for the change for this bullshit.

I will never 10 pull until the change is made. I'd rather spend my lapiz on refreshes once I hit level 60+.

Alkez

I didn't mean to chase Chilly off by being silly the other day. ;_;

I even sent an apology PM, I do hope my foolish behavior didn't have any part of this.

I don't think it was that tbh. Chilly's too nice to leave over that and it was all just a big misunderstanding really.

I think if he's taking some time away from this game specifically it may be because of the whole Tilith thing.

UrSuLeTzU

I don't think it was that tbh. Chilly's too nice to leave over that and it was all just a big misunderstanding really.

I think if he's taking some time away from this game specifically it may be because of the whole Tilith thing.

About 25 pulls on BF banner without a single banner unit, let alone Tilith. I can understand his frustration, especially since I only got Refia after 40+ pulls. This game can be a bitch sometimes, most of the time tbh, lol.

Alkez

About 25 pulls on BF banner without a single banner unit, let alone Tilith. I can understand his frustration, especially since I only got Refia after 40+ pulls. This game can be a bitch sometimes, most of the time tbh, lol.

O yeah I totally understand. It's one thing to not get the unit you want, it's another to get complete garbage. It can be a cruel and frustrating game at times. Especially now as events are starting to have unit exclusive rate ups.

I think I am done, there is no way to complete the awoke Diablos on Maxwell for me :(

I been trying all day now. I only have 2 really strong friend units for this and I get wiped out if I delay. and I sure as shit aint getting lucky with Limit breaks for Garnet and the Esper bar aint filling in after each hit on the boss either :(.

Zera´s lightning and Nomidors Cod characters seems to be the only Friend units I have with attak above 500 so its hard to try, many hours between fights :/

I think I am done, there is no way to complete the awoke Diablos on Maxwell for me :(

I been trying all day now. I only have 2 really strong friend units for this and I get wiped out if I delay. and I sure as shit aint getting lucky with Limit breaks for Garnet and the Esper bar aint filling in after each hit on the boss either :(.

Zera´s lightning and Nomidors Cod characters seems to be the only Friend units I have with attak above 500 so its hard to try, many hours between fights :/

I could switch to my 585 Luneth but I doubt he would help you too much on that fight to be honest.

CCIE

Banned
Don't give up. Believe me I have been in that position. I wanted to throw my phone through the window, and probably fought that fight at LEAST a dozen times before beating it.

Now, it seems like it was worth it, and I'm going back for more abuse tomorrow to get the 10K Karma and Materia.

First turn buffs and FB, second turn one heal and the rest auto-attack. Third turn pound on her. Fourth all defend. Fifth, Dispel, FB, heal, and buff. Sixth turn pound on her again. Should be close now. Seventh pound on her once again. If it makes it to turn eight defend. Then Dispel, FB, and finish the fight.

The secret is to auto-attack in the early rounds to fill the meter. And to keep up your buffs, and quickly Dispel rune.

Valentus is the master at this fight

I just tried again with Zera´s Lightning.
got Garnet to limit break in 2 turns. Now I have esper bar 90% filled! but as the 4th round arrives I need to heal the party. I heal with Garnet and Cecil, I GUARD with the other 4 units.

Rune kicks in and kills Garnet.... I try to heal with cecil... and in the next turn 2 other units die.. :(.

I dont have provoke...

CCIE

Banned
Defend with everyone in turn four, and Dispel Rune in turn five. You are getting there.
You have to Dispel Rune though, and FB again. You cannot survive Rune with 5* units unless defending. Also, don't forget to reapply buffs Rune stripped off.

I learned this the hard way

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you can, kick Garnet and Rydia. Using them is attempting to short cut the process and in turn makes its more dangerous to you.

Build a tank team, endure, bring along Elixirs, PDs, Pots, etc.
Have Cecil? Have WoL? Have CoD? Bring them. Refia, Bring her. I did my with Leanna, but I stuffed her with nothing but HP materia
Now you only need two damage units. Take Val's CoD or another with high attack damage. Your sole goal is to just do auto attacks and multi hit weaker combos, while making sure she is never buffed and you are always buffed and healed off.

Second, don't kill yourself over this. The trial will come back and it will be easier when the second BF banner roles around

Defend with everyone in turn four, and Dispel Rune in turn five. You are getting there.
You have to Dispel Rune though, and FB again. You cannot survive Rune with 5* units unless defending. Also, don't forget to reapply buffs Rune stripped off.

I learned this the hard way

yeah but if garnet is at 1500 HP when he does RUNE I am dead even if defending I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom