• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

OMG! I have 2 of them!! What spell is that???

It's Tornado. Also, you can do this with any mage.

I did it with Exdeath and Arc for ages with whatever element was working at the time. Arena has a cap but proper chains allow you to go over that. It's just easier with Tornado because of the higher modifier and the wind resistance down.

leehom

The power of a 6* unit is far beyond any 5* unit in the game, so you did not decide poorly with your decision.

No doubt. I almost gave up on this game until I got incredibly lucky and pulled Elza (would've been happy with Lunneth or Lightning too). Spent about 8,500 lapis (5k for 10+1 summon) and 3,500 on cactuar dunes to level everyone to max (Refia, Elza, WoL, CoD) and it paid off. Was able to clear Maxwell with no problems and killing it in the arena. Only problem now is my lapis is really low. Might spend some money on this game for the 18k lapis.

Still missing Cecil and Ex-death. The game will be a little easier? when everyone gets their upgrades, like Chizuru, Firion, Shantoto etc.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice guys! Back to the karma grind... Starting to wonder if I could bring some party to Maxwell that could earn the 10k but building LB is a struggle in that fight. My artemios is too weak to do any real damage and unfortunately is my only unit with barrage.

Congrats, that is super exciting! If you don't have any 6* mats it would probably be worth farming karma for them... At least the cheap stacks. For Cecil I'd say if you are hurting for a good tank to just awaken him. That's a lot of LB and we will have opportunities to level it more in the future.

Also: Dr. Rob's suggestion of Counter was 100% accurate. It made LB/summon crystals trivial. It basically turned the fight around for me.

Thanks! I've used WoL as a tank/FB unit, but yeah, you're right: 6* Cecil would be super useful. I think I've got a lot of leveling to do, and there's never a reason NOT to pick up the cheap stacks of 6* materials.

Also: Dr. Rob's suggestion of Counter was 100% accurate. It made LB/summon crystals trivial. It basically turned the fight around for me.

Thanks! I've used WoL as a tank/FB unit, but yeah, you're right: 6* Cecil would be super useful. I think I've got a lot of leveling to do, and there's never a reason NOT to pick up the cheap stacks of 6* materials.

See! See!

Im a genius. Dont let those reddit punks posting about it take the credit

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I've been out for a few days on a work trip and only had time to burn nrg on cactuar dunes.

-- some people not even bothering with this week's arena?

-- how many people have maxwell at this point?

-- i gave it one shot and got blasted into last week and haven't tried it again. what do i really need to beat it?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Also I think it's BULLSHIT that I have to summon a unit to get my daily lapis when i'm trying to save lapis so i can pull a damn unit

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
200.gif

Broseybrose

You guys think its worth putting a Black Belt on Cecil? He already has Counter...

I havent tried the event yet. I just finished maxing 5* Ingus. Hes my only Full Break unit. And Im still working on getting 6* Refia from 80ish to 100.

Think my roster will be:

CoD 6*max
Cecil 6*max
Ingus 5*max (I was so happy when I found he could equip Vernard!)
Refia 6*max
??? I usually have a mage in this spot so maybe BCL 5*max w/ all spooky auras? She's my best DPS after CoD. Not sure yet.

Friend CoD

Celegus

BCL with all auras might do alright. Do you have a barrage for her with killer bow perchance? Also, why Vernard for Ingus? I was planning on giving him a staff for more SPR to maybe not die all the time.

I'll be able to try soon... Ingus is 60/80 for FB. Group will be CoD, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Ingus.

Lyrian

I've been out for a few days on a work trip and only had time to burn nrg on cactuar dunes.

-- some people not even bothering with this week's arena?

-- how many people have maxwell at this point?

-- i gave it one shot and got blasted into last week and haven't tried it again. what do i really need to beat him?

People are already getting burnt out on the arena after only one week. Easier to place this week so far and catch up from last week.

Quite a fair amount of Gaffers. Day 1 was pretty brutal on most here, and there were some harsh feelings shared. Most have at least basic cleared him now and quite a few have Maxell.

Valentus has pretty much a step by step walk through a few pages back. I'll see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Valentus's strategy: Post 14088; Video by him: Post 14152.

You guys think its worth putting a Black Belt on Cecil? He already has Counter...

Umm.... what? My level 100 Cecil says he doesn't, at least not without a Counter materia or a Black Belt.

EDarkness

Oh shit! I did it! Maxwell with Diabolos is done! Using the black belt was key as it eliminated a lot of the randomness and added more LB crystals which Rydia could use. I almost got the Limit Break kill, but I was just a hair short on damage. Sometime next week I'll give it a try. I'm just happy I was able to get Maxwell. Thanks again to Valentus' CoD. Made all the difference.

I wonder if someone like Lightning would be better to build up the esper bar since she hits 5 million times with just her regular attacks. I tried it earlier with Zera's Lightning and got damn close, but ended up finishing it off without summoning Diabolos because I couldn't keep everyone alive and was running out of resources. But I think she might work pretty well.

Also, I found it was better to get Maxwell all the way down as far as you can before busting out Diabolos since you don't have much to go after you summon. I tried it with a lot of life and ended up getting taken out since I couldn't take her down quick enough since she was almost full and my resources were almost gone. Definitely a harrowing fight and I don't know how often I want to do something like this....whew.

Broseybrose

BCL with all auras might do alright. Do you have a barrage for her with killer bow perchance? Also, why Vernard for Ingus? I was planning on giving him a staff for more SPR to maybe not die all the time.

I'll be able to try soon... Ingus is 60/80 for FB. Group will be CoD, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Ingus.

Good point about keeping Ingus alive.

I dont have a single TM yet... I only started farming them a month ago.

I just got the Killer Bow today actually.

Maybe Ill use Mustadio 5*max. He was the Break unit I was using,but it was split into two moves. He has Rapid Fire, an attack that does up to 6 attacks in one turn. And he can equip Killer Bow.

Broseybrose

Umm.... what? My level 100 Cecil says he doesn't, at least not without a Counter materia or a Black Belt.

OMG youre right. I was thinking of COVER. Black Belt here I come lol.

Ive had the Death Scythe on Cecil since I got it.

edit- Black Belt and 2nd set of Earrings purchased... 5 SQ left :(

And thanks for correcting my mistake Lyrian. You guys are such a great help!

Lyrian

Oh shit! I did it! Maxwell with Diabolos is done! Using the black belt was key as it eliminated a lot of the randomness and added more LB crystals which Rydia could use. I almost got the Limit Break kill, but I was just a hair short on damage. Sometime next week I'll give it a try. I'm just happy I was able to get Maxwell. Thanks again to Valentus' CoD. Made all the difference.

Grats on the win!

OMG youre right. I was thinking of COVER. Black Belt here I come lol.

Ive had the Death Scythe on Cecil since I got it.

NP. Props to DrRob on pointing out the Black Belt. Most, including myself, were so caught up in the Earrings magic phase, that we completely forgot about the belt. It really is quite helpful, and the 15 DEF is very handy for Cecil as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My full break units are nowhere close to learning it yet -- pretty important for Maxwell? Doesn't look like I'll have enough turns to just break ATK/DEF with CoD / tanks.

Celegus

I haven't spent any SQ yet, I have like 150 but I think I can swing a few for the black belt. Was saving up for man eater (200).

tariniel

Heres the vídeo tariniel

So here's the thing.

You dont have CoD or Elza or Tilith, so the thing i thought is that is more convenient for you to go with a powered cloud of darkness, like mine lol, and do a fast takedown to maxwell.

- Whats the trick: YOU MUST CHAIN CALL OF THE VOID WITH CRUSHING BLOW. That way, cod's void will do massive damage to maxwell.

- You see that i dont equiped Kefka with MAG+10, instead i used HP materias. Do it, so Kefka wont be glasscannon.

- If you have cura materia, equip it to your WoL, it will help to Refia in the turn you have to embolden. The community for this game is top tier.

- YOU CANT replicate this damage with Luneth's Cut Through because with luneth you dont have the +125% damage to humans that CoD has.

There you have it. Good Luck!

Thanks again man, I got the kill + no death challenge with this strat!

Do you have any tips on how to modify the strat to also evoke Diabolos and get the LB kill? When I try those on my own it never seems to go well. Closest I got was I got her to 30%, had already evoked diabolos, and had an LB charged on your CoD, and then I fell behind and wiped to Endless. Not sure how to get that LB kill without losing key members. I should have just taken the Diabolos one and killed it normally to get the character :(

A lot of times I have bad luck with Meteor/Destiny, where instead of using it on Cecil it will randomly drop onto your CoD and it instantly kills her.

Broseybrose

I was checking the wiki and I just realized how good Tillith is. She is definitely going to fill the 5th spot on my roster for the Maxwell Challenge, once I get her leveled up, of course. Need that Rainbow Veil!

Best 5* in the game! (GL) Who knew?

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I have six Shantotto. Intend to combine into three of them in the next couple rounds of TM farming

Arc is almost to level 80, and he smokes ExDeath currently. Squishy though, but cute! Love the Dunes.
Will probably continue leveling other characters, all the way through the end of Sunday once he is maxed. Might work on Maxwell next

bonkeng

Spent all the tix from this event. Got 2 Gaff, dupe Garland, dupe Miyuki. Not a bad haul.

I think I'm going to Lapis refresh TM farming instead of pulling further dailies.

tariniel

Spent all the tix from this event. Got 2 Gaff, dupe Garland, dupe Miyuki. Not a bad haul.

I think I'm going to Lapis refresh TM farming instead of pulling further dailies.

I'd be doing the same thing if I already had a CoD... as is I've pulled 10 times on this new banner and haven't got her, and I couldn't get her during the last banner she was on either. Feels bad.

CCIE

Banned
I label one of my groups of units as "Share", then go into the Menu - Options, and specify that group as my share. I have another one for "Arena/Colosseum, one for Main, and another for TMR. Specify your Arena group in the same manner.

Just so I don't take the wrong group into battle and such.

tariniel

Who do friends and would-be friends see as your leader? Is it the Group 1 leader?

If you go to options you can set it to a specific party. I believe by default it's "Current Party", so whatever leader of the group you are using now.

Make a party called companion and set it to that in the options. Can also set arena and Colosseum parties.

EDarkness

Who do friends and would-be friends see as your leader? Is it the Group 1 leader?

You can set who the leader is when you look at the units character sheet. I usually make the leader the person in the middle position...which is usually Warrior of Light. However, you can choose whomever you like.

Got the TM farming working. Do you guys usually have your macro refresh energy with lapis? I'm only at 37 NRG so it seems pretty costly, but I could see doing it if i had more like 70 NRG. For now I just have it wait until 5m is up to start the next run

CCIE

Banned
Maxwell looks like she could be a good unit in the Arena. The ability to blind and disease all units will be pretty damned nice when status effects are allowed in again

Raika

Got the TM farming working. Do you guys usually have your macro refresh energy with lapis? I'm only at 37 NRG so it seems pretty costly, but I could see doing it if i had more like 70 NRG. For now I just have it wait until 5m is up to start the next run

Probably shouldn't focus on TM farming if you're a new player tbh, your maximum nrg is too low for lapis refreshing to be worthwhile. Clearing story/ranking up/leveling units should be higher on your priority list.

Pejo

Updated my avatar to reflect the game I've spent more time on in the past 3 months than any other game. I couldn't remember - does somebody else already use WoL? If so, I can change it.

In game - I'm trying to get 50 of every awakening material, since I can get a really high bonus going on since I have every BE unit now. I still have tons of characters to level up, but none have a burning need, so I decided to forego the dunes. I really wish there was a higher limit on Sacred Crystals via king mog, even if they were 1k a piece. They're by far my biggest bottleneck in character advancement.

Acerac

Banned
God dammit this is frustrating. I can kill maxwell or stall her out for a good amount of time but she won't drop the orbs to summon. Rydia can fill the bar up half way by herself, but if RNG doesn't cooperate that doesn't mean a damned thing. =/

I have Demon Rain working full time as a counter tank but that isn't helping.

*Edit*

That time I got a few summon orbs but no LB on Rydia. How fun.

As a relatively newer player I should probably not worry about the event, but I still really wish to see it downed.

leehom

God dammit this is frustrating. I can kill maxwell or stall her out for a good amount of time but she won't drop the orbs to summon. Rydia can fill the bar up half way by herself, but if RNG doesn't cooperate that doesn't mean a damned thing. =/
Are you using hyper on Rydia?

Acerac

Banned
Are you using hyper on Rydia?

Yup. My problem is I spend all my actions buffing and healing so little time is used for orb generation. I'm entirely confident it's doable with the setup I have now which doubles the frustration, I just need the orbs to show up on my attacks/counters.

CCIE

Banned
Holy crap! My maxed out Arc owns the Arena, and he has no TM's yet. Arc, ExDeath, and Lightning is insane damage even with the cap. If I get first turn, an average of 2-4 enemy units dead in the first round. Maybe I will level another one for more nuking goodness.

Acerac - normal attacks build up the meter quickly

KeRaSh

Good start into the day. Got DKC to 100, daily pulled my first CoD, killed Maxwell.
Not sure if DKC made the difference. The fight seemed so easy compared to the last time I tried it. Did Gumi nerf her or did RNG finally bless me?
#blessed

Now I need a fuck-ton of energy to run the Awakening Vortex for the missing upgrade materials...
Zidane is at 90.9%. I still have a 5% Moogle but I might save it because I don't want to farm 4.1%. We'll get free 10% Moogles from the login campaign and the monthly arena challenge anyways.

scarlet

Zidane is at 90.9%. I still have a 5% Moogle but I might save it because I don't want to farm 4.1%. We'll get free 10% Moogles from the login campaign and the monthly arena challenge anyways.

Same. My Zidane is exactly at 90%. Not sure if should wait for a week until TM moogle from daily login bonus or farm and get the last 10% in a week.

Acerac

Banned
Acerac - normal attacks build up the meter quickly

It doesn't matter who is doing them, correct? It's just tough to find to autoattack with how high pressure the fight is. I need to keep up Provoke, Full Break, Focus, Embolden and Hyper up, trying to juggle them all up while defending on key turns and getting in autoattacks (while being careful to not kill the boss if my friend is super OP) is tough.

CCIE

Banned
Nope doesn't matter. I used the first turn for buffing. The second turn for one heal, and five normal attacks. LB meter is 2/3 to 3/4 full after round two. Esper meter is usually around a quarter or so. Round three or four Garnet ( your Rydia ) gets her LB, and after she uses it, the meter is either full, or really, really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom