• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

This is my strategy

Turn 1
Turn 4:
shall I just Guard all ? no heal?

I would use Omni veil and focus on the second turn if possible. They are 3 turn buffs which allow you to cover turn 4 (Rune) without having to recast them. You also need to FB twice in turns 1-3 so it is still active during the Rune attack. Turn 4 I healed with Cecil and defend with the rest of my squad. Those are the best tips I have. You can also remove diabolos from you squad if you have siren leveled. It will keep your squads light resistance higher and you can evoke with Valentus.

Just adding some more now that I think about it. Remember to dispel after Rune and then Full Break.

Whales

Banned
caved in and spent a little bit of money to buy some lapis, I am going to grind the dunes with energy refills to get ingus to 80 ( hes 55 now) and try to get cecil up to 6* asap. Need to beat maxwell

The only annoying part is having to grind awakening vortex for sacred crystals -_-

Iceman829

I found this post on reddit useful. I was really patient in my fight and used elixirs and turbo ethers as I needed them. I could've attempted to kill Maxwell on Turn 1 after Rune#4, but I stuck to my schedule of healing, buffing and debuffing. I dumped lots of hp+ items on characters to keep them safe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._guide_to_beat_maxwell_evoke_diabolos_no_tms/

Turn 1 (post-Rune): Dispel (must), Full Break (must), Raise/Recover, Provoke, Buff, Damage

Turn 2: Raise/Recover, Damage (or Build LB/Esper), (Full Break)

Turn 3: Raise/Recover, Damage (or Build LB/Esper), (Full Break)

Turn 4: Top up health, Guard for everyone else

Remember to track your buffs or you could be caught with your pants down. Phoenix down with a non healer so they can still curaja your entire team

The only annoying part is having to grind awakening vortex for sacred crystals -_-

I can make Locke my leader if it would help you out. I highly doubt my FL is using the Maxwell I put up

so far I've never done arena. I've been trying to get as far as I can in the colosseum to finish that off since the orbs are shared between the two, and the colosseum rewards seem pretty useful. I'm up to Beginning A-5

Should I be doing Arena instead of Colosseum? What kind of rewards can I expect to get with no TMs, no maxed 6* units, and no event materia / items / units?

Valentus

I think I am done, there is no way to complete the awoke Diablos on Maxwell for me :(

I been trying all day now. I only have 2 really strong friend units for this and I get wiped out if I delay. and I sure as shit aint getting lucky with Limit breaks for Garnet and the Esper bar aint filling in after each hit on the boss either :(.

Zera´s lightning and Nomidors Cod characters seems to be the only Friend units I have with attak above 500 so its hard to try, many hours between fights :/

you dont have lenna or refia? because the lack of cheer/embolden is what makes you fail.

Also, i see you have golem on your CoD... your golem dont have provoke? because if it is, then it should stick on cecil.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
so far I've never done arena. I've been trying to get as far as I can in the colosseum to finish that off since the orbs are shared between the two, and the colosseum rewards seem pretty useful. I'm up to Beginning A-5

Should I be doing Arena instead of Colosseum? What kind of rewards can I expect to get with no TMs, no maxed 6* units, and no event materia / items / units?

The colosseum is very much like the main story in terms of what you should be focusing on. Get close to the end on the story, get close to the end on the colosseum. Great equipment comes out of crossing those off. Arena feels like a third-tier focus IMHO:

People new to the game do this:
1. Finish the story
2. Grab as much equip as you can from each event
3. Start a serious TM farming op
4. Max your espers
5. Finish the colosseum
6. Own every event
7. NOW maybe focus on the Arena

Iceman829

Hey, if it could help me for a run and make me waste less energy, why not!

Is it better to farm INT or ADV for sacred crystals btw? I usually do INT

713 130 495 if you don't have me. I think I have like 10 empty spots. I'll leave Locke on if it helps you for now

you dont have lenna or refia? because the lack of cheer/embolden is what makes you fail.

Also, i see you have golem on your CoD... your golem dont have provoke? because if it is, then it should stick on cecil.

Valentus! I killed him with your CoD :)

Im so happy now haha.

I dont have provoke on golem yet. working on it.

chrono01

HOLY SHIT I did it I got Diablos and killed him on a limit break !
Congrats man, happy for you. I knew you could do it! Yeah, Valentus and his CoD is pretty insane. I used him earlier today for the "No KO" achievement. With him, along with my characters, I managed to kill Maxwell in 4 turns. It could have been 3, but I messed up on the chain timing for a turn.

PS - I hope Chilly returns. The thread is so quiet without him. :/

Congratz! so glad you did it. Share how you did it and your party so other members can use your strategy as example too.

I got very lucky as garnet had full limit almost directly into the fight and also got some esper bar fill quickly. RNG was on my side I think but this is how I did it.
I followed Icemans tip on using Full break and omni veil on 2nd turn. Now in hindsight I made a mistake earlier as I didnt think my buffs would go away on turn 4.. so it was my own fault as I rarely survived round 4. Casting omni veil and FB on second round was the key here I think. I also got Black Belt on Cecil to counter to get more limit break drops." Thanks to DrROBschiz"

Turn 1
Vaan: Full break
Bartz: Imperil
Garnet: attack
Cecil: attack
CoD: Void
Valentus CoD: Void

Turn 2:
Vaan: Fullbreak
Bartz: attack
Garnet: Cura
Cecil: focus
Cod: omniveil
Cod void

Turn 3:
Vaan: attack
Bartz: attack
Garnet: Curaja
Cecil: Curaja
Cods use void chain

Turn 4:
Defend all except Cecil who cast Curaja

Turn 5 and onwards was more of a blur for me haha. I was so happy to have survived it and I know Valentus CoD Chained with My Cod for Void attack would get him down to almost nothing if I just had survived 2 or 3 more turns. Which I barely did. last turn 2 Units had died.
from here on I just keep winging it. Mainly keeping alive and buffing and used FB almost on every turn for Vaan. CoD was chaining Void. I got him down to a sliver of life and used both cods limit break to kill him.

Thanks all you guys for this help, I could have not done it without you. IM SO HAPPY, been at this all day and was really staring into the abyss and thinking of just not continue with this event.

The colosseum is very much like the main story in terms of what you should be focusing on. Get close to the end on the story, get close to the end on the colosseum. Great equipment comes out of crossing those off. Arena feels like a third-tier focus IMHO:

People new to the game do this:
1. Finish the story
2. Grab as much equip as you can from each event
3. Start a serious TM farming op
4. Max your espers
5. Finish the colosseum
6. Own every event
7. NOW maybe focus on the Arena

Cool sounds like I'm on the right track then. I blew a ton of lapis on energy refills for dunes, but it really paid off as at least I have three top tier 6* units now (Cecil, CoD, Refia).

Going to start TM farming Miyuki, Cecil, Shantotto, Zidane, and Refia as well during nights.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not sure if going for the Dark Materia is worth it to me. Only 15% seems like a waste, but there are future fights... hmmm

Iceman829

I got very lucky as garnet had full limit almost directly into the fight and also got some esper bar fill quickly. RNG was on my side I think. but this is how I did it. I followed Icemans tip on using Full break on 2nd turn and omi veil. Now in hindsight I made a mistake earlier as I didnt think my buffs would go away on turn 4.. so it was my own fault as I rarely survived round 4. Casting omni veil and FB on second round was the key here I think.

Thanks all you guys for this help, I could have not done it without you. IM SO HAPPY, been at this all day and was really staring into the abyss and thinking of just not continue with this event.

I'm glad my tips helped out some. My first few fights were rough and I just rage quit the Maxwell fight. I stuck with my arena battles and karma farming and then I decided to to try and win. I won but completed nothing. Decided fine I had my moogles and went about my weekend. Last night I had the itch to unlock Maxwell and dug through everything I could find here and online and made my plan. At the end of the day these event bosses can't always be beaten by pure brute force and if you are getting angry they will be around for a few days, so I need to stick with my plan of letting others do the probing with their well equipped teams and then figure out what my team can do to succeed. At the end of the day the whole community does a great job of helping one another here. Hopefully Chilly is relaxing playing another game. These mobile games can be brutal sometimes.

Whales

Banned
daily - cyan
ticket - sabin

game
just give me a cod PLEASE. im not asking for much here am I?

NOT garland, I already have 2
NOT duane, dont troll me
DKC I could accept that... but im asking you too much here

JUST A SINGLE COD

Yeah i think i pointed out how people were using Fullbreak too early too

Good stuff. Im just super pumped so many of the community is getting clears and rewards!!

Ya know whats funny. I built my counter tank because i wanted to inflict blind with shining splendor lol ya know for fun.

Whales

Banned
So on turn 4 no healing at all, just defend with everyone?

hmmmm

Cecil is 5* ax now. Gonna keep refilling until hes 6* max, then I will try the trial with Valentus's cod. It should be much easier for me

Max Ingus for his full break
Cecil ( no provoke sadly)
Lightning
Refia
Kefka/Chizuru( not sure, I think her barrage would be more useful to gain esper orbs)
Valentus CoD with diabolos

and a lot of elixirs and turbo ethers

hopefully it does the trick

Jeffrey

finally got my white mage chocobo girl up to 100.

Been a few days, any good written guides out there for folks without 5* base units and no TM's?

Iceman829

So on turn 4 no healing at all, just defend with everyone?

hmmmm

Cecil is 5* ax now. Gonna keep refilling until hes 6* max, then I will try the trial with Valentus's cod. It should be much easier for me

Max Ingus for his full break
Cecil ( no provoke sadly)
Lightning
Refia
Kefka/Chizuru( not sure, I think her barrage would be more useful to gain esper orbs)
Valentus CoD with diabolos

and a lot of elixirs and turbo ethers

hopefully it does the trick

I think with Lightning you want to chain Crushing Blow w/ Call of the Void if I recall people saying that would do lots of damage

Syrus

Banned
I have a question guys , i see people saying use lapis for enwrgy or cactaur dunes sometimes but...I cant do it. Im not sure if its worth having less summons or slots for a energy refill.

What do you all think

Xion86

Managed to max out Arc and Rydia this weekend using Cactuars, not bad. Hmmm I really, really want to pull Gaf this banner for bracers :( only decent pull was Garland but already have a few of him and not the most impressive TM. Will see how the week goes. Used 2 tickets today (Gold Krile with one...yey..).

Whales

Banned
I have a question guys , i see people saying use lapis for enwrgy or cactaur dunes sometimes but...I cant do it. Im not sure if its worth having less summons or slots for a energy refill.

What do you all think

I agree with that, I just spent lapis today because I was desperate to beat MAxwell and get her, and I needed to level 2 units for that

I would much rather spend that lapis on slots if anything, but its a special occasion

Broseybrose

So I just finished leveling Refia to 6*max and Tillith to 4*max. Im glad to be finished with Refia, adding her to my other 6*max characters, Cecil and CoD.

Do you think its worth awakening Tillith to 5* and leveling her to 80 for this fight?

I think probably not.... since I see a lot of people without Tillith (or TMs) are completing the event. Ill awaken and level Tillith still, eventually, just not as a priority for this Maxwell event.

Rokuren

So I just finished leveling Refia to 6*max and Tillith to 4*max. Im glad to be finished with Refia, adding her to my other 6*max characters, Cecil and CoD.

Do you think its worth awakening Tillith to 5* and leveling her to 80 for this fight?

I think probably not.... since I see a lot of people without Tillith (or TMs) are completing the event. Ill awaken and level Tillith still, eventually, just not as a priority for this Maxwell event.

Since you have both Refia and Cloud I'd say you're good. She just has a slightly stronger elements resist buff and healing.

On another note, I've got my arena weekly rewards

chrono01

Wait, I read on Reddit that if you use stat pots BEFORE your character hits the maximum level for that particular evolution (so Level 60 for 4*, Level 80 for 5*, etc.) that the bonus stats are lost. Is that true? I always assumed that you'd get them regardless of when you used them, up to the cap for that specific stat/character. If so...so many wasted pots...

Edit: Never mind, they were referring to the stats not carrying over between the enhancing of units (one with the stats gained and the other without). False alarm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom