• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I have only redone the first island, and all that sweet lapis is waiting for me

There's quite a lot out there. I need to clean it all out before more new content shows up and it falls onto the "one day" list. The nice thing is that with all the easily obtainable free lapis, you can just keep running everything constantly via refilling and still end up far in the positive with net lapis gain.

Lyrian

I switched to my elza yesterday as friend leader and now I've found 25 friend invites in my box.

Now about 15 of those have come on since I max leveled her earlier today. Trying to get Refia up there before the dunes go away.

Now what do I do... farm karma?

Level Refia before the dunes go away tonight. She's an important unit to raise to max as fast as possible. Karma will still be available to farm for four more days (until end of Thursday).

Jeffrey

So I'm hearing this is a way to cheese maxwell? Something about hard quitting the game every 3rd turn to avoid destiny? Or is that every 4th.

Syrus

Banned
Been away from the thread all day, working on my house and shit has caused me to pretty much miss the cactuar dunes :-(

I just skimmed reddit and found this thread where the guy claims to have a strat for maxwell that doesn't require anything op (no 5* base, no whale friends, no tm's)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQduDZPZb4Q&feature=youtu.be

Check it out.

Nice post , you , celegus , nomidor are major helps for me.

I got 6 star cecil and refia but no huge damagers yet so yalls characters keep me going

How is genesis doing so little damage? Full break?

Just finished up my COD and i'm working towards finishing of Refia and Maxwell. Sucks that the only strongest thing I have for COD is Lunar Pestle. Should work on getting a Rising Sun on the next batch of TMs

Syntsui

So I'm hearing this is a way to cheese maxwell? Something about hard quitting the game every 3rd turn to avoid destiny? Or is that every 4th.
You can't prevent anything. Reseting the game makes it so she can target different units, your tank instead of your important Dps unit or yield more LB orbs per attack for example. This is all RNG and reseting until it's favorable is an abusable method.

This was the only way I could invoke Diablo, I'm not proud of it but my time is more important than video game ethics.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. pouring all non-sleeping NRG into maxing Ingus to grab his lvl 80 full break so i can try to take a swing at maxwell before the end of this banner. hell yes cactuar dunes!

2. i'd be careful trying that hard quitting exploit.

Acerac

Banned
1. pouring all non-sleeping NRG into maxing Ingus to grab his lvl 80 full break so i can try to take a swing at maxwell before the end of this banner. hell yes cactuar dunes!

His cures might be a difference maker, minor as they are. I wish my Vaan had them, as long as you have another unit for Focus he has little to do other than spam Full Break.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
His cures might be a difference maker, minor as they are. I wish my Vaan had them, as long as you have another unit for Focus he has little to do other than spam Full Break.

oh man i already have Cecil and Tilith and Refia, I only need him for the damn full break. but the extras can't hurt i guess!

just gimme that full break.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm saving that mission clear lapis for either

1. Half energy weekend.

2. Once the Crystal change comes in and we get some of those delicious JPN banners with all great units on it.

I know if I get it now, I'll spend it now. So sitting on potentially a stack of 20-30k Lapis I can get relevantly easy anytime is ideal.

Whizkid7

Final-frigging-ly! I got the blasted evoke off! Ugh that was such a slog, really learning where my weaknesses are here. All the suggestions here seemed to be failing me until the one about using omni on second turn; that was pretty much exactly what I needed.

Now I'm gonna farm some crazy megacite to.max out golem cuz missing provoke was really killing me...

chrono01

We can let chrono fill chilly's position.

Let's see chrono's wild self.
*chrono01 puts his feet up on the table and tilts his chair back*

This party's gettin' crazy!

BTW, am I the only person still farming karma? I grabbed all of the weapons, star quartz, tickets, important materia (aside from the one for Elza, who I don't have, as well as the ridiculous 75k one), now I just need to farm some more for the screamroot, 6* awakening materials, and the rest of the cactuar I still have there. Still going to be a while, since Metal Gods are few and far between. :/

Iceman829

BTW, am I the only person still farming karma? I grabbed all of the weapons, star quartz, tickets, important materia (aside from the one for Elza, who I don't have, as well as the ridiculous 75k one), now I just need to farm some more for the screamroot, 6* awakening materials, and the rest of the cactuar I still have there. Still going to be a while, since Metal Gods are few and far between. :/

I'm still farming Karma. I want some extra 6* materials after unlocking Maxwell and picking up a Garland during the banner. I might make a run at the 15% mag materia as well if a few metal gods show their faces I'll be good.

I have this song in my head running this event over and over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

Acerac

Banned

Now that I have Maxwell I've gotten back to it. Between Maxwell, a Karl I managed to pull, and an Elza friend I'm actually getting a respectable amount of karma per run even if I don't see any metal gods.

In hindsight I feel a bit bad for farming it at 200% karma rate when I am now pulling in 375%, but it is what it is. Means I can kill some time on Miranda Coast and not feel too badly about it.

*Edit*

Speaking of songs being induced by the latest event, I've not been able to purge my head of Maxwell's Silver Hammer for the last 3 days. ;_;

chrono01

What happened to Chilly?
We're not sure, but it's possible that Tilith claimed his soul. More investigating is required, though.

I'm still farming Karma. I want some extra 6* materials after unlocking Maxwell and picking up a Garland during the banner. I might make a run at the 15% mag materia as well if a few metal gods show their faces I'll be good.

I have this song in my head running this event over and over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

Now that I have Maxwell I've gotten back to it. Between Maxwell, a Karl I managed to pull, and an Elza friend I'm actually getting a respectable amount of karma per run even if I don't see any metal gods.

In hindsight I feel a bit bad for farming it at 200% karma rate when I am now pulling in 375%, but it is what it is. Means I can kill some time on Miranda Coast and not feel too badly about it.

*Edit*

Speaking of songs being induced by the latest event, I've not been able to purge my head of Maxwell's Silver Hammer for the last 3 days. ;_;
So it's not just me, then.

I'd love to go back to farming TM like the rest of you. Hopefully soon. ~_~

linkent

Celegus , thank you so much. Manage to beat maxwell and evoke diabolos with your CoD!

Yes! Thank you to all those good units.
Thanks to Valentus, beaten her without dying.
And thanks to Celegus, for evoke+LB mission.

You sure you want to take over Chilly's luck of never getting certain unit?

Still farming for 6* mats too.
Not sure about 15% mag.
Thinking of getting another of that exclusive materia(buff at low life)

bonkeng

Just claimed the last 3 tickets from mog.

Penelo
Clyne

and
8B5BtvX.png

Was hoping for Tilith...but...I'll take her anyway XD

We're not sure, but it's possible that Tilith claimed his soul. More investigating is required, though.

So it's not just me, then.

I'd love to go back to farming TM like the rest of you. Hopefully soon. ~_~

Nah I'm still farming too... need those passives :(. Would love to be TM farming... 10% away from dual wield!

Rixa

Welcome to the thread!

To answer your question, well... yes, sort of.

Brave Exvius is a new Final Fantasy game, in the style of the SNES titles (IV, V, VI). That said, the game plays considerably different from the SNES titles, outside of combat.

There is an original story with original characters. But, don't expect any literary masterpieces like in FF VI. The story is just enough to keep the game organized and not much more than that.

The game is belongs to a genre known as gacha, or lottery-style game. In this game, not only are there original characters, but the player also has the be ability to pull characters from other Final Fantasies (both heroes and villains) to join them on their team. This is a major draw of the game. On the flip side, as a lottery-style game, the more desirable or popular characters are often quite hard to obtain, and attempts at pulling for them cost a premium currency (lapis) in the game. A fair amount of lapis given to players over time for various events in the game (Brave Exvius is unusually generous in this regard compared to other games in this genre). Addiitional lapis can be purchased for real-world currency to fund additional activities in the game (refilling energy) or for more attempts at pulling rare units from the slot machine.

Various activities are also inserted into the game from time to time, that offer unique equipments, materia, spells, and so on that are not found in the story mode of the game. These can take the form of a dungeon from another Final Fantasy, an exploration of some kind, or a trial against a powerful boss (which is what everyone in the thread is passionate about at the moment as that is this week's challenge).

In this regard, you could think of this as a single-player MMO, as new content is constantly added to the game weekly and new chapters are being added to the story monthly.

If you want to give the game a try, the community would be more than glad to support you on the way. We are pretty passionate about helping GAF succeed here, each in our own ways.

Hey @Lyrian. Can I add this to OP (and future OPs)?
Explains nicely what kind of game this is.

Muku

Sacred crystals. Always be the assholes they are and keeping me from Awakening. Ah well. Did a Lapis refill here toward end to cap second CoD at 4*. I'll farm Sacred Crystals for CoD later this week. I'll farm a few more Cactaur for when she breaks cap to work a little into 5*. Having a second one is going to be sweet. Don't have mats for her but rest of this week I'm going to finish on working getting cheap mats from this event, so she should be ready to roll come the time.

KeRaSh

It looks so brutal when DKC keeps smashing on a corpse with Barrage in arena after everyone was already nuked to death.

*pulls on leash*
Stop! That's enough!
*enemy weeps*

Muku

Holy shit. Alt account got CoD for second day in a row!
Both accounts yesterday got her. O_O
Guess I'll keep the second one around too. Will work on her when I get a chance, as working on first one still. XD

Main got Duane. I knew his ass would be coming to fuck shit up.

Rixa

Daily Gold was nice to me and reminded why Galuf sucks.

Its so great to see straight Gold Crystal and then just to be some let down. I dont know why Iam always expecting it to change to Rainbow. Yet I know it wont happen to me.

My Rainbow Golbez during L banner haunts me in the future too.

Muku

Daily Gold was nice to me and reminded why Galuf sucks.

Its so great to see straight Gold Crystal and then just to be some let down. I dont know why Iam always expecting it to change to Rainbow. Yet I know it wont happen to me.

My Rainbow Golbez during L banner haunts me in the future too.

When I die, I want Yellow Crystals to carry me. So that they may let me down one last time.

Shouta

Is there a place where I can read about the story? Being a mobile game, I'm always outside when I play it, and I tend to press SKIP a lot.

I know of a place that does it for JP but not sure for English.

Anyway, 1 year anniversary event part 2 is up in JP. MOOGLES EVERYWHERE

Muku

I know of a place that does it for JP but not sure in English.

Anyway, 1 year anniversary event part 2 is up in JP. MOOGLES EVERYWHERE

WTB ENG version that comes anywhere close to how awesome Japan seems to have. :( I'm not holding high hopes for that though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thorned Mace incoming - CoD to reach her final form xD
Story continues and Carbuncle to arrive as well. Sweet.

Rootbeer

Banned
very nice. I still use my 5* exdeath all the time. he's about to get even better.

rate-up for those units I hope? i still need a bartz.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bartz & Exdeath 6* forms coming after Thursday 24.11 maintenance.

Should have max leveled Bartz after all.....lol.

PS. Your 6* Ex-Death about to hit the mainstage - looking forward to it.

Rixa

So that everyone knows and can only blame him/herself:

Thursday maintenance starts 2h before BE day change

Screenshot_20161121-113929.png

very nice. I still use my 5* exdeath all the time. he's about to get even better.

rate-up for those units I hope? i still need a bartz.

Doesn't say so, but you never know what they do.

Screenshot_20161121-113945.png

Should have max leveled Bartz after all.....lol.

PS. Your 6* Ex-Death about to hit the mainstage - looking forward to it.

Iam missing like shitton of Cactuars :D. I didnt expect it to come so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom