• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Damn, you guys have got some beastly Gregs. At least I see what I need to make mine good now.

I'm about halfway on the event with stuff I wanted from King Mog. Got all the cactuars, made the accessory and fist weapon, and got the summon tickets and screamroots.

I still need the Start Quartz and then I might go for the 30k moogle.

I'm torn on getting any of the character specific stuff, as I don't see myself ever using Sazh or Vanille, and that def buff on Snow seems worthless too.

Any of you guys bothering with it?

Damn, you guys have got some beastly Gregs. At least I see what I need to make mine good now.

I'm about halfway on the event with stuff I wanted from King Mog. Got all the cactuars, made the accessory and fist weapon, and got the summon tickets and screamroots.

I still need the Start Quartz and then I might go for the 30k moogle.

I'm torn on getting any of the character specific stuff, as I don't see myself ever using Sazh or Vanille, and that def buff on Snow seems worthless too.

Any of you guys bothering with it?

I will get Lightnings next week if I get some banner units. Don't even have her either.

Jeffrey

yep. just deleted the app from my phone.

just realized that i'm keep putting hours a day into the game, but not having any fun lol. Maybe ill be back later. Who knows!

Lyrian

evade stacks just abilities are singular based on their source

So its just like the Doublehand change. YOu can't stack 2 doublehand materias but you can stack if they are from different sources such as equipment or innate abilities

interestingly Letters and Arms breaks this rule

Likely to make hybrid characters more competitive :/

Not sure its the balance change they expected but my Ramza appreciates it

Evade is one ability that should never be allowed to stack, or capped at very low percentage. Even though the stack would be additive in scope, the effects are multiplicative and get out of hand very very quickly. Just ask any MMO that has had the extreme headache of balancing monks and other evasion-based characters.

Lyrian

yep. just deleted the app from my phone.

just realized that i'm keep putting hours a day into the game, but not having any fun lol. Maybe ill be back later. Who knows!

Best wishes to you in the future. If you decide to try the game again later, Exvius-GAF will still be here to welcome you back with open arms.

Evade is one ability that should never be allowed to stack, or capped at very low percentage. Even though the stack would be additive in scope, the effects are multiplicative and get out of hand very very quickly. Just ask any MMO that has had the extreme headache of balancing monks and other evasion-based characters.

well outside of arena does it really matter

and there are ways to balance it. Magic cant be evaded and certain abilties could be true hit abilities

but yeah i see what you mean

Ok, maxed Gilgamesh, 801 atk with room for improvement. Farming Maranda is quite tiresome.

Your beastly Gilga allowed me to finally get the Thorned Mace! :D
Now my CoD is 460 ATK w/ TM and Lunar Petle, ATK +10 and 2x Destroyer Authority. \o/

vkgageb.png
4th turn.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- daily: Another Locke? Now I have some hard decisions to make. See:

-- I think it's well known I've never pulled a rainbow and I don't have a top-tier DPS unit. Which is fine, I've at peace with the realities of a F2P account. THAT SAID!! CoD is clearly my best unit and the most likely to carry me through future events. Should I pause wtf I'm doing and get a 2nd Rising Sun in the oven? Or just use my two extra Lockes for the +10% on my current, which is at 57.4%?

-- Another thing. I have 3 ExDeaths now (see above on units-that-will-carry-me), one of them maxed. He'll likely be the best mage I have (or need) for the next year, right? So does it make sense to scrap dualcast since he has it inherent? I was originally cooking it for Kefka before I pulled ED ... but now maybe I keep it for Refia?

-- Only thing I know isn't going out of style: these sweetass +30% mags

-- I'm actually having fun with the event. Sorry, fuckers!

-- One thing to factor in when people tell you NRG rates for farming unit exp vs. cactuars at King Mog's: the not inconsiderable bonus of 'amazing' and 'great' successes when you enhance. They're rare occurrences but still. +50% / +100% bonus is no damn joke.

-- Speaking of no jokes, the megacite return on this event is L E G I T. Now, I'm not getting any sacred crystals like some of you are. Like maybe 3-4 since the event started? But I'm leveling the hell out of my espers, which has taken a back seat for me for a long time. FINALLY!

-- I don't say it enough, but thanks to Valentus and Zera and more recently, Blazed. Hippo too! Your units are bad ass and fun to play with.

-- Sharing my ExDeath now btw. I remember when +438 MAG would've made my eyes pop and would've carried me through almost everything. I can switch back to Cecil (416 DEF) if anyone needs. Also have a maxed Refia (372 SPR) and a CoD (388 ATK) if you want.

-- I'm about to pull the last 3K gear ticket. Not sure if I'll farm the expensive ones before grabbing all the cactaurs. Wish me luck!

-- daily: Another Locke? Now I have some hard decisions to make. See:

-- I think it's well known I've never pulled a rainbow and I don't have a top-tier DPS unit. Which is fine, I've at peace with the realities of a F2P account. THAT SAID!! CoD is clearly my best unit and the most likely to carry me through future events. Should I pause wtf I'm doing and get a 2nd Rising Sun in the oven? Or just use my two extra Lockes for the +10% on my current, which is at 57.4%?

-- Another thing. I have 3 ExDeaths now (see above on units-that-will-carry-me), one of them maxed. He'll likely be the best mage I have (or need) for the next year, right? So does it make sense to scrap dualcast since he has it inherent? I was originally cooking it for Kefka before I pulled ED ... but now maybe I keep it for Refia?

-- Only thing I know isn't going out of style: these sweetass +30% mags

-- I'm actually having fun with the event. Sorry, fuckers!

-- One thing to factor in when people tell you NRG rates for farming unit exp vs. cactuars at King Mog's: the not inconsiderable bonus of 'amazing' and 'great' successes when you enhance. They're rare occurrences but still. +50% / +100% bonus is no damn joke.

-- Speaking of no jokes, the megacite return on this event is L E G I T. Now, I'm not getting any sacred crystals like some of you are. Like maybe 3-4 since the event started? But I'm leveling the hell out of my espers, which has taken a back seat for me for a long time. FINALLY!

-- I don't say it enough, but thanks to Valentus and Zera and more recently, Blazed. Hippo too! Your units are bad ass and fun to play with.

-- Sharing my ExDeath now btw. I remember when +438 MAG would've made my eyes pop and would've carried me through almost everything. I can switch back to Cecil (416 DEF) if anyone needs. Also have a maxed Refia (372 SPR) and a CoD (388 ATK) if you want.

-- I'm about to pull the last 3K gear ticket. Not sure if I'll farm the expensive ones before grabbing all the cactaurs. Wish me luck!

Dual Rising Sun for pve. For pvp Thorned mace and golem staff for the lulz. dual Wield, dual rising sun, Maxwell 30% atk tm, and Karl's Seal of Destruction is pretty beastly IMO. For now I'd aim for 2 Rising Sun. Hopefully next week you can pull a Lightning and have an even more insane unit to add to your arsenal.

Hell no you don't scrap dual cast! DC can be used by your healer if Refia/Lenna, Cecil can use it if you have Tilith and is common when Tilith gets her 6*.

You're welcome bro, just glad to be of use around here. I'm no longer in the top 3 around here but that's ok. Once these TM's are done cooking in the oven I can be part of the cool kids club again :)

Letter and Arms and Enhancer for Exdeath are insane.

Lyrian

well outside of arena does it really matter

and there are ways to balance it. Magic cant be evaded and certain abilties could be true hit abilities

but yeah i see what you mean

The situation is even worse in PvE, which is why there are ways to pierce the evade, such as magic.

In PvP, this would manifest as chaining a whole bunch of hits on Lightning and then whiffing on the finisher.

In PvE, this problem manifests in an even worse way because a successful evade negates all damage for hit, regardless of the amount.

-- Example:

Cecil, with 999 DEF, takes a melee hit from a Tonberry King for 99,999,999 damage. Cecil's high DEF reduces the hit by 99% to 1 million damage, but still one-shots Cecil.

Lightning, with 100 DEF, takes the same hit from the Tonberry King. Her defense only reduces damage by 10%, resulting in 10 million damage taken. However, she makes her evade check, and thus successfully sidesteps all 10 million damage.

It's a **huge** problem because no matter how small an evade chance is, a successful evade will mitigate infinite damage, whereas infinite mitigation cannot do this.

With sufficient evade chance, evasion-based characters literally breaks top-end encounters as they gain nigh-invulnerability from constant evasion.

The situation is even worse in PvE, which is why there are ways to pierce the evade, such as magic.

In PvP, this would manifest as chaining a whole bunch of hits on Lightning and then whiffing on the finisher.

In PvE, this problem manifests in an even worse way because a successful evade negates all damage for hit, regardless of the amount.

-- Example:

Cecil, with 999 DEF, takes a melee hit from a Tonberry King for 99,999,999 damage. Cecil's high DEF reduces the hit by 99% to 1 million damage, but still one-shots Cecil.

Lightning, with 100 DEF, takes the same hit from the Tonberry King. Her defense only reduces damage by 10%, resulting in 10 million damage taken. However, she makes her evade check, and thus successfully sidesteps all 10 million damage.

It's a **huge** problem because no matter how small an evade chance is, a successful evade will mitigate infinite damage, whereas infinite mitigation cannot do this.

With sufficient evade chance, evasion-based characters literally breaks top-end encounters as they gain nigh-invulnerability from constant evasion.

You are making a gameplay meta argument about a game where they barely take balance into consideration and there is a shit ton of broken or dead weight characters

Until they decide to take balance, utility and strategic changes seriously your argument for fixing the evasion issue isnt really moving the needle for me

And it a well thought out argument that i agree with by the way

Isn't her materia bad because it's magic based?

That is okay because if need be I can stack her with +30MAG anyway. She will not be my main physical attacker so if the materia is good with stacked MAG then I can swap my Exdeath to 4 Letters and Arms and give Light all his +MAG. Win/win. If it's not that great even stacked with MAG then it's just what 6k gears wasted? Meh oh well.

Pejo

Oh man, that was intense. I went into the event ELT level to keep grinding gears, and after my guys loaded, I realized I was using my TM team >_<.

Cecil and Gilgamesh (6* thank goodness), then a gimpy Ludmille, Chizuru, and level 3 Miyazuki. Luckily I brought a 600+ Lightning friend along.

So no big deal, I AoE blast my way past the first wave in a single round. Next wave - Gigantuar (oh sure, when I don't have a single bonus unit in). This really ups the ante though, I don't want to lose now.

Anyways, strongest Physical single attack moves combined with Imperil and Deprotect takes him down in a single round.

Repeat for that 3rd round robot, can't remember the name. It doesn't 1HKO him, and he does a few attacks. Cecil intercepts one headed for Ludmille, and Miyuki gets killed. Beat him the next round with a Repeat.

Metal scorpion looking guy's all that's left. I do my imperil->deprotect->strong ST moves, takes him down about 1/3 of his total health. He kills off Ludmille. I keep going but on the 3rd round Lightning and Greg are now out of MP for their big moves. Boss is down to about 1/15th of his health, and had just done a charge round. Not having any better options, I pick Jump on Greg (not knowing that wave cannon was coming next - he never lived long enough to use it previously). It uses wave cannon and wipes my whole party - then Greg lands immediately afterwards and kills it.

Man that was the most exciting turn based battle I've had in years. Thanks Jump!

Lyrian

You are making a gameplay meta argument about a game where they barely take balance into consideration and there is a shit ton of broken or dead weight characters

Until they decide to take balance, utility and strategic changes seriously your argument for fixing the evasion issue isnt really moving the needle for me

And it a well thought out argument that i agree with by the way

Thanks. I experienced that situation in previous MMOs in a past life, so it's a very real problem.

In regards to FFBE, the current scenario where evasion characters can't dodge magic (until they do), renders evasion moot outside of 100% pure physical teams. If a unit evades, I start nuking them. It's not an elegant solution, but it is what works. Of course, until Gumi decides that it doesn't anymore.

Lyrian

Oh man, that was intense. I went into the event ELT level to keep grinding gears, and after my guys loaded, I realized I was using my TM team >_<.

Cecil and Gilgamesh (6* thank goodness), then a gimpy Ludmille, Chizuru, and level 3 Miyazuki. Luckily I brought a 600+ Lightning friend along.

So no big deal, I AoE blast my way past the first wave in a single round. Next wave - Gigantuar (oh sure, when I don't have a single bonus unit in). This really ups the ante though, I don't want to lose now.

Anyways, strongest Physical single attack moves combined with Imperil and Deprotect takes him down in a single round.

Repeat for that 3rd round robot, can't remember the name. It doesn't 1HKO him, and he does a few attacks. Cecil intercepts one headed for Ludmille, and Miyuki gets killed. Beat him the next round with a Repeat.

Metal scorpion looking guy's all that's left. I do my imperil->deprotect->strong ST moves, takes him down about 1/3 of his total health. He kills off Ludmille. I keep going but on the 3rd round Lightning and Greg are now out of MP for their big moves. Boss is down to about 1/15th of his health, and had just done a charge round. Not having any better options, I pick Jump on Greg (not knowing that wave cannon was coming next - he never lived long enough to use it previously). It uses wave cannon and wipes my whole party - then Greg lands immediately afterwards and kills it.

Man that was the most exciting turn based battle I've had in years. Thanks Jump!

The best wins are the ones that you never expect to occur in the face of near-certain failure :)

Rixa

Oh man, that was intense.

The best wins are the ones that you never expect to occur in the face of near-certain failure :)

Grats, great story :).

Whereas my main used around 50 minutes to kill Antenolla at first try.
My alt needed about 3 hours and 2 tries...

First try took about 3 minutes and left Antenolla about 1% hp and my party was dead.

Then I waited (and forgot) 3 hours.

It was same party than first try. some slight adjustments (Focus by Cecil on first try, deprotect roots 1st turn, vine 2nd turn)

IMG_0344.PNG

Byebye, not going to miss you nor trying to get those 30 Lapis.

I freed up ~15 slots from people who hadn't logged in for weeks (I give GAFers more leeway, but had a few that were 45+ days).

Add me! 176560599
Here is my ID as I have plenty of spots for friends, although some of you were kind enough to add me already:

"This user has reached their friend capacity."

I freed up ~15 slots from people who hadn't logged in for weeks (I give GAFers more leeway, but had a few that were 45+ days).

Add me! 176560599

Added you.

I freed up about 5 friend slots from inactives/messages in languages I do not understand. ID is 275.513.710 if you would like to add. Currently sharing Elza with only 750 alk so need some strong friends. She can barely carry ELT Hanging Edge but needs some debuff help.

c-murph

i feel like there's a small mini game being played out between our prominent three gilgameshes to see how high they can get their attacks. i saw bonkeng with a 850(??) gilga i think, and nomidor is always way up there. and rixa will be joining the fight.

whoever wins, everyone on GAF wins. I love you guys.

Here, here!

Only thing better than having a completely competent party is having one with a completely broken friend carry them to success!

Celegus

Dual Rising Sun for pve. For pvp Thorned mace and golem staff for the lulz. dual Wield, dual rising sun, Maxwell 30% atk tm, and Karl's Seal of Destruction is pretty beastly IMO. For now I'd aim for 2 Rising Sun. Hopefully next week you can pull a Lightning and have an even more insane unit to add to your arsenal.

Hell no you don't scrap dual cast! DC can be used by your healer if Refia/Lenna, Cecil can use it if you have Tilith and is common when Tilith gets her 6*.

You're welcome bro, just glad to be of use around here. I'm no longer in the top 3 around here but that's ok. Once these TM's are done cooking in the oven I can be part of the cool kids club again :)

Letter and Arms and Enhancer for Exdeath are insane.

I thought everything Tilith has is a skill hence no dual cast? Or does she get magic at 6*?

Muku

Who the hell is Gilbert? Daily pull on alt account and Gilbert shows up.

Edit: nvm see he is FFBE. I've never even see this dude on my main account

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

People are high on his dream harp for some reason. Waste of space.

Here are the units who can actually equip the damn harp:
Firion
Gilbert
Gilgamesh
Liza
Penelo
Ramza
Rosa
Roselia
Sarah

Muku

Firion
Gilbert
Gilgamesh
Liza
Penelo
Ramza
Rosa
Roselia
Sarah

Sweet, thank you for the list. When we got harp from this recent event I'm like "Who the shit can even use this crap?" Now I don't feel so bad. I have it, but there is literally a low list, which is what I figured, who would even like to play the harp.

Waste of space as this will probably be the only time I ever get him.
Probably just jinxed myself.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sweet, thank you for the list. When we got harp from this recent event I'm like "Who the shit can even use this crap?" Now I don't feel so bad. I have it, but there is literally a low list, which is what I figured, who would even like to play the harp.

Waste of space as this will probably be the only time I ever get him.
Probably just jinxed myself.

The wiki is super useful for this.

Example: Who can equip this Excalibur I'm TM'ing for some reason?

https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Weapons --> https://exviuswiki.com/Excalibur --> https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Great_Swords (listed on the weapons page or at the bottom of the specific weapon page) --> look at the bottom

Muku

The wiki is super useful for this.

Example: Who can equip this Excalibur I'm TM'ing for some reason?

https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Weapons --> https://exviuswiki.com/Excalibur --> https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Great_Swords (listed on the weapons page or at the bottom of the specific weapon page) --> look at the bottom

Yeah, I use the Wiki for a lot. It was more of just thinking type thing. I was curious but not enough to ever remember to look it up. Mainly because seriously no one really uses them. That's why I love how they gave us the harp recently.
What a pos

c-murph

Dat Dream Harp tho.

Only completely broken? Surely, you underestimate Exvius-GAF! :)

I can only hope that after months of TM farming I too can reach those levels.

Firion
Gilbert
Gilgamesh
Liza
Penelo
Ramza
Rosa
Roselia
Sarah

But its so Dreamy tho

Muku

Okay so this jerk plant face Trial, is it better to get everything like 50% then individually take stuff down?

First time I tried to single target and that failed hard.

Second time, just now, I AOE'd like a mofo. I then after a certain point just got ROFLstomped. Actually would have been fine if Valentus' Gilga didn't get confused and roach stomp my Refia. XD It went to hell after that. Just trying to figure if at a certain point its best to stop AOEing and single target take stuff out. Actually if Gilga didn't get confused, we could have finished AOEing it next round.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did a daily and used 3 tickets. Largely wanted Szah and got him, since having him along will shave off 40 runs for the rest of tickets, Mats, and Elixirs I need. Or two days. I feel like it was sort of worth it, but I still dislike the fact I used tickets. I need to save >_<

Other ones were Gilbert(first one), Luna, Mustado. So it wasn't a terrible haul either. Both Luna and Mustado are on the TM list

I want Snow now that I got Xaio, but I can't say I should spend the Lapis for it, even with Dailies since the month should be Orlandu and the next big wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom