• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 70k moogle is just hilarious. Would take you over 700 runs w/o any bonus characters. I've seen 1 cactaur in countless runs so i'm not factoring that in either.

But damn.

the 70k moogle is just hilarious. Would take you over 700 runs w/o any bonus characters. I've seen 1 cactaur in countless runs so i'm not factoring that in either.

But damn.

I have bought all the Moogles in the other events but for this one I feel like you are just a wacko masochist if you get the 70k one...hell I don't even know if the 30k one is worth it this time.

c-murph

Hmmm , how do.you add the lapis refil in frep?

Sorry, man. I don't know. I have the freebie version of FREP so I just manually come back and check on it every now and then. I know how long my runs are so I just estimate the amount of time I need before it finishes then manually refresh. I never bothered to figure out how to add in things like that because the simple auto run is good enough for me.

Got my thorned mace. Apparently Gilga is a beast and just rekted everything. Full broke the parts as needed and just used Divider until only the core remained.

Already loving Thorned Mace + Barrage.

Ok, maxed Gilgamesh, 801 atk with room for improvement. Farming Maranda is quite tiresome.

Any open spots?

Zalasta

Just fought a party of 5 Zidanes in the arena, easy win but I'm jealous, I still don't have one yet.

I too have cleaned up in the past few events, but this one just seem improbable even getting the essentials.

Rixa

Ok, maxed Gilgamesh, 801 atk with room for improvement. Farming Maranda is quite tiresome.

When my alt sees it on flist I might do Antenolla with AOE style (atleast test it) :D

Just fought a party of 5 Zidanes in the arena, easy win but I'm jealous, I still don't have one yet.

I too have cleaned up in the past few events, but this one just seem improbable even getting the essentials.

Me neither, Zidane avoids me.

Whales

Banned
if you have a gilgamesh you should be able to beat antonella with aoe

I did it without a maxed gilgamesh (he was about 80ish, 500 atk only), a 750 atk gilgamesh and lightning +refia cecil

refia embolden, heal. Cecil heals

Lightning area blast to build a chain, then chain gilga's dividers

should kill in 3-4 rounds

with bonkengs 800 atk gilgamesh it would be even easier

Syntsui

Like normal, with all the complaints.

I'll see you all still in here come Jan :p
I've too much money invested to go away. Most here will stay, the problem is stagnation.

If I started playing today, with everything that happened in the last few days, I would certainly unnistall the game.

c-murph

Geezus. How is everyone getting these 800+ Girugameshes all of a sudden?

I'm jelly.

My Fencer can't even break 400. My Elza is capped at like 530.

I have a dood on my Friend List from Reddit who has a 820 Lightning with room for improvement in Abilities.

Rixa

I'm jelly.

I have a dood on my Friend List from Reddit who has a 820 Lightning with room for improvement in Abilities.

Mine close to 800ish should be ready in about 1 week.

Syrus

Banned
Sorry, man. I don't know. I have the freebie version of FREP so I just manually come back and check on it every now and then. I know how long my runs are so I just estimate the amount of time I need before it finishes then manually refresh. I never bothered to figure out how to add in things like that because the simple auto run is good enough for me.

Still sont have a handle on it. I add wait time and it messes up. Sigh

Lyrian

FFBE is a game of Japanese origin.
In Japanese anime, being over the age of 25 is the equivalent of being a 7,549 year old dragon.
I'm over the age of 25.

Therefore, I must be 7,549 years old in dragon years.
Because I am incredibly old, I am legally entitled to bitch as that is the divine right of all old people.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that logical construction. Nope. :)~~

I'm not going anywhere. PAD has screwed me over way harder than FFBE ever has to date, and I'm still there after 2.5 years.

I'm jelly.

Because he has a lot of innate weapon bonuses.

Rixa

Woo my Gilgamesh grew up a little. Without ma hine Killer he pass the 800 atk cap

First try. One crit more and yeah. This was after 4 turns.
DKC without Barrage is utterly trash.

IMG_0343.PNG

I have bought all the Moogles in the other events but for this one I feel like you are just a wacko masochist if you get the 70k one...hell I don't even know if the 30k one is worth it this time.

Yeah I've gotten every moogle from all previous events, this one is more than likely not going to happen unless Lightning gets a 100-150% bonus.

Never said I was leaving but I'll call a spade a spade, this event is ass.

Woo my Gilgamesh grew up a little. Without ma hine Killer he pass the 800 atk cap

Mine close to 800ish should be ready in about 1 week.

200.gif

Brunire

I am really hoping that Lighting gets a 100% bonus next week and that these current units retain their bonus. It doesn't fix the event drop-rate issue but it would certainly help.

If that happens I will go for the 30k moogle.

Syntsui

I'll eat crow and say DKC is beyond amazing even right now. He does stupid amounts of damage with good gear. Definitely better than my Luneth.

I'm happy to have pulled two. By the time I finish the rest of TMs I'll have mini Suicide Squad with them.

Rixa

Yeah I've gotten every moogle from all previous events, this one is more than likely not going to happen unless Lightning gets a 100-150% bonus.

Never said I was leaving but I'll call a spade a spade, this event is ass.
200.gif

3 Karl's and 1 Maxwell should be ready under one week. Sakurafubuki will take more time and will replace Chirijiraden. This is with pots, my Gilgy is close to max ATK from pots (not sure how many missing). So I should be close or over 800 when I get those K & M TM's done.

Code:
Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6255 MP: 237 ATK: 824 DEF: 296 MAG: 287 SPR: 179

I'll eat crow and say DKC is beyond amazing even right now. He does stupid amounts of damage with good gear. Definitely better than my Luneth.

Thats the thing. Alt is missing all the TM's. Thus Luneth is 100 times better than utterly not so useful Donkey Kong, whose skills are atm stupid cause I need to watch HP & heal.

I am really hoping that Lighting gets a 100% bonus next week and that these current units retain their bonus. It doesn't fix the event drop-rate issue but it would certainly help.

Personally since I don't have Lightning although I will do like 3-4 multi pulls for her again if she is on banner this week I hope her bonus is 150% even at 100% just using one friend unit isn't going to help that much since I only use Snow friends now anyway.

c-murph

I don't see why they would drop the rate. Doesn't make any senses to me. It's a FFXIII event for FFXIII characters. Have they done something like this in the past, why every one is certain they're not going to include this weeks characters?

They're going to bump Lightning up to 100% - So all those with Lighting and take a Lightning pal will get 200% bonus. Bring along Snow, Vanille, and Sazh for another cool 200% bonus. Yeah, it sucks that the bonus increase is mandatory to get any of the prizes but GUMI's got to get paid too and apparently people are paying. Not me though. I'll wait for the increase in Lightnings to appear before I do the event. If not, well, I can wait for the next event.

3 Karl's and 1 Maxwell should be ready under one week. Sakurafubuki will take more time and will replace Chirijiraden. This is with pots, my Gilgy is close to max ATK from pots (not sure how many missing). So I should be close or over 800 when I get those K & M TM's done.

Code:
Gilgamesh 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6255 MP: 237 ATK: 824 DEF: 296 MAG: 287 SPR: 179

Thats the thing. Alt is missing all the TM's. Thus Luneth is 100 times better than utterly not so useful Donkey Kong, whose skills are atm stupid cause I need to watch HP & heal.

Thanks Rixa,

Only thing I'm missing is Sakurafubuki. I have 2 Karls and Maxwell. 1 Karl and Maxwell are in the oven right now and will be done within a week or two. Guess I will turn my Gilga into a monster as well.

Rixa

Thanks Rixa,

Only thing I'm missing is Sakurafubuki. I have 2 Karls and Maxwell. 1 Karl and Maxwell are in the oven right now and will be done within a week or two. Guess I will turn my Gilga into a monster as well.

Np. Funny thing was that the pulls I made during BF banner gave me 3 event units and all were Karl's. Not complaining at all :). Join the Gilgy monster club.

Np. Funny thing was that the pulls I made during BF banner gave me 3 event units and all were Karl's. Not complaining at all :). Join the Gilgy monster club.

My Lightning is 642 and Gilga is 684. Just set him as my new leader. When Maxwell and 2 Karls are done He should hopefully be 750 ish. I need a Miyuki BADLY!

Whales

Banned
so, twenty sided die on lightning gives her 50% dodge rate

seems like a really good TM for her, and at 700ATK+ the crits make it stronger than a hero ring for raw damage

also she would be annoying as fuck in the arena

Christmas/New year's event AND bundles will be extremely important for this game survivability.

Gumi lost a lot of good will with the recent fuck ups. I hope they know the situation they are in and handle with care all the new content, this game is too good to die.

All the jP players have said this event was atrocious in JP too and that it definitely gets better. So here's to hoping. Those JP gacha rules can't come fast enough :)

Zalasta

Even though Refia and Exdeath can use the metal gigantaur, I'm saving them just in case I get lucky with Lightning later this week so I can put her to work immediately. My last rainbow was Luneth from like a month ago.

Lyrian

so, twenty sided die on lightning gives her 50% dodge rate

seems like a really good TM for her, and at 700ATK+ the crits make it stronger than a hero ring for raw damage

also she would be annoying as fuck in the arena

Twenty sided die is **incredibly** annoying on anyone in the arena. I've already run into multiple Refias with it equipped, enabling her to make a clutch save against a physical attack to buy herself and her team another round of healing.

Lightning not so much, as nuking her is a much saner route to defeating her.

forgrim

i feel like there's a small mini game being played out between our prominent three gilgameshes to see how high they can get their attacks. i saw bonkeng with a 850(??) gilga i think, and nomidor is always way up there. and rixa will be joining the fight.

whoever wins, everyone on GAF wins. I love you guys.

creid

just bought thunderfall for lightning because why not, it looked like a stronger version of electeic blitz

then I realized it uses MAG...

wasted 6k gear right there
Is thunderfall's thunder debuff not helpful? Or is it just not more helpful than another ATK+10%?

Syntsui

Is thunderfall's thunder debuff not helpful? Or is it just not more helpful than another ATK+10%?
With so many bosses resisting elemental damage, only debuffing thunder resistance and wasting a precious materia slot, I just don't see why would anyone use this tbh.

6* WoL is just around the corner and all these debuff skills will be useless by then.

Alkez

Just when I was thinking I'm sick of this event the game gives me a metal gigantuar! Thank you game.

But then on my next run the game gave me another one!! What is going on??? I have yet to see more than 1 a day (didn't even get one on saturday) and now I've had back to back.

Time to do the old national lottery me thinks.

i feel like there's a small mini game being played out between our prominent three gilgameshes to see how high they can get their attacks. i saw bonkeng with a 850(??) gilga i think, and nomidor is always way up there. and rixa will be joining the fight.

whoever wins, everyone on GAF wins. I love you guys.

I need to friend bonkeng for accurate comparisson.

You know, for science.

What's the bonus from the Gigantuars? 40 runs in and I haven't seen one.

I'm 1 for 16. Yeah it's really low.

Kouriozan

The joke is that Gigantuars are rarer than Metal Gods from Brave Frontier event, and yet give 2x less and are always alone.

This event is an elaborate troll from Gumi (something like "let's see how low they can bear it" lol)

EDIT : still no Gigantuars for me today.

This.

Is the dodge chance additive then? I didn't think it would be.

evade stacks just abilities are singular based on their source

So its just like the Doublehand change. YOu can't stack 2 doublehand materias but you can stack if they are from different sources such as equipment or innate abilities

interestingly Letters and Arms breaks this rule

Likely to make hybrid characters more competitive :/

Not sure its the balance change they expected but my Ramza appreciates it

Syntsui

These non stacking materias might as well just be bugs that will never be fixed, like Jump not getting killer-passive bonus. For all its worthy Gumi is to blame for everything that doesn't make sense lol.

Alkez

evade stacks just abilities are singular based on their source

So its just like the Doublehand change. YOu can't stack 2 doublehand materias but you can stack if they are from different sources such as equipment or innate abilities

Loaning myself from few pages back:

Sorry I wasn't very clear what I meant.

I didn't think they would be additive in the sense that if lightning has innate 30% dodge chance and twenty sided die gives you 20% chance to dodge then your total chance to dodge would be 50%.

I thought it would work in the same way status ailment weapons work. Dual wielding sleep blade doesn't give you a 60% chance to put someone to sleep, it gives you a 51% chance (unless I'm mistaken). I thought the dodge chance would work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom