• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one in this game close to 200 pulls without Noctis? FFS

BTW, what constitutes a group in this raid event?

Here as well.

I'm out. Game deleted. If you have zipped as a friend you should delete him. It's been fun y'all. It's a shame the game couldn't be fun too

Alkez

So I finally got Cecil to LB 15/15 and evolved him to 5*. I've read that it's not worth leveling his LB to 20/20 in 5*, since he (apparently) gains a couple drop checks in his 6* release. While the amount needed to level his LB increases, he's able to earn more crystals with each attack, making it faster (or the same) to level it to LB 25. Well, that and gaining a useful tank.

Any insight into this? Id' rather not level it to 20 before I awaken him to 6*. I could really use him. :/

I would wait till after the raid. A lot of burst pots available.

Here as well.

I'm out. Game deleted. If you have zipped as a friend you should delete him. It's been fun y'all. It's a shame the game couldn't be fun too

:(

This is what happens when your fun with the game is based around chasing those OP units

Just get your bartz and chizzy up and running.

Its all ya need

Razmos

For the love of God.....

KGBQZAr.jpg

This shit was not worth it, but I got him.
Grats man. I'm on 20 11 pulls and probably over 20 single pulls and don't have him. I've given up now

Alkez

4 Maze runs thrown into the garbage, SFV new update fucked up my schedule.

A fellow street fighter fan :eek: I was literally watching Capcom Cup Top 8 last night. What do you think of the the 5 season 2 characters all being new? Personally I would have liked to have seen a couple of returning characters with a couple of new rather than all new.

Rixa

Trying to grind out only four calamity gems from the maze has been maddening... they only drop from the last two collection points... if you are lucky enough to even reach them. And even then the chance is low.

The amount of times i immediately get sent to the last room after entering the first door... uuuuggghhhhhhh. The moogle appears once every 8 or 10 runs at best.

I hope I never have to do this again >.< taken so many energy refills...

Raid has those as reward. Burn your energy there.

Kouriozan

Pro tip : when a lot of people seems to have good luck DON'T PULL.
Only disappointing results awaits. (yeah I bought the Christmas bundle)

Xion86

Here as well.

This game is fun :) but not when you're always wanting the best of the best characters, I'm sure you can still get through the current content with what you have. You will never always have the best of the best as there will always be new units replacing those ones. Shame to see you go though.

Just so you all know, I'm in this for the long run!

Zafir

:(

This is what happens when your fun with the game is based around chasing those OP units

Just get your bartz and chizzy up and running.

Its all ya need
For me it's not chasing op heroes. It's chasing characters I want which so happen to be base 5*. :(

Next 5* I care about is tidus because of that badass sprite.

Not going to get him I'm sure.

The holiday bundle is exactly what I've been waiting for, so I put some money down. I want to hold on to the lapis for the 300 daily bundles and in case there's some crazy New Years deal that you use lapis to purchase, but I did use up the 3 tickets I had plus the 10 I got in the bundle.

Blue .... Charlotte.
Blue.... Charlotte. (SRSLY?)
Blue .... Chizuru. (That'll help the TM farming)
Blue .... Charlotte. (Okay... c'mon now)
Blue .... Charlotte. (MOTHERFUCKER)
Blue .... Miyuki. (Nice!! Sakurafubuki will be mine!)
Blue .... Anzelm. (It's been almost 4 days since I last pulled him! It's an xmas miracle!)
Blue .... Charlotte. (It's not even funny now.)
Blue.... Charlotte. (I don't have words.)
Blue .... Ludmille (should speed along DC farming)
Blue .... Cloud of Darkness (already have 2... but okay)
Blue .... Artemios (meh)
Blue .... Cloud of Darkness (really???)

So 13 pulls, all blue, 6 of which were Charlotte. Lud, Chiz, and Miyuki are the highlights, but that's just for TM farming purposes. Everything else is completely wasted for me.

Dayum.

The good news is that with the fusing, I'll be a day or two away from Blade Mastery and dualcast. So there's that. Oh, and of course I now have Charlotte's TM. I'm assuming that's most useful to throw on to one of the healers, right? Any shield in particular that stands out for that purpose?

The holiday bundle is exactly what I've been waiting for, so I put some money down. I want to hold on to the lapis for the 300 daily bundles and in case there's some crazy New Years deal that you use lapis to purchase, but I did use up the 3 tickets I had plus the 10 I got in the bundle.

Blue .... Charlotte.
Blue.... Charlotte. (SRSLY?)
Blue .... Chizuru. (That'll help the TM farming)
Blue .... Charlotte. (Okay... c'mon now)
Blue .... Charlotte. (MOTHERFUCKER)
Blue .... Miyuki. (Nice!! Sakurafubuki will be mine!)
Blue .... Anzelm. (It's been almost 4 days since I last pulled him! It's an xmas miracle!)
Blue .... Charlotte. (It's not even funny now.)
Blue.... Charlotte. (I don't have words.)
Blue .... Ludmille (should speed along DC farming)
Blue .... Cloud of Darkness (already have 2... but okay)
Blue .... Artemios (meh)
Blue .... Cloud of Darkness (really???)

So 13 pulls, all blue, 6 of which were Charlotte. Lud, and Miyuki are the highlights, but that's just for TM farming purposes. Everything else is completely wasted for me.

Dayum.

The good news is that with the fusing, I'll be a day or two away from Blade Mastery and dualcast. So there's that. Oh, and of course I now have Charlotte's TM. I'm assuming that's most useful to throw on to one of the healers, right? Any shield in particular that stands out for that purpose?

Aegis Shield is the best but it's a TM so if you don't have that just put the best one you have on them that you don't want a tank to use.

NomarTyme

Bought the christmas bundle. Used all my tickets and got nothing of note. The lapis is strictly for daily deals and TM farming.

Here as well.

It's just luck, and you were unlucky. You can still enjoy the game without 5 star base characters.

Pro tip : when a lot of people seems to have good luck DON'T PULL.
Only disappointing results awaits. (yeah I bought the Christmas bundle)
Pretty much.

This game is fun :) but not when you're always wanting the best of the best characters, I'm sure you can still get through the current content with what you have. You will never always have the best of the best as there will always be new units replacing those ones. Shame to see you go though.

Just so you all know, I'm in this for the long run!
Yep. I think to myself I'am bound to get strong five star someday! *crosses finger*

Syntsui

A fellow street fighter fan :eek: I was literally watching Capcom Cup Top 8 last night. What do you think of the the 5 season 2 characters all being new? Personally I would have liked to have seen a couple of returning characters with a couple of new rather than all new.
I'd rather see what they come up with before judging. But I'm kind of salty we won't get Sagat. I just hope they actually make decent characters this time, most of the DLC characters of S1 were pretty garbage (except Guile, who is godlike).

Aegis Shield is the best but it's a TM so if you don't have that just put the best one you have on them that you don't want a tank to use.

Okay, cool. I don't have the Aegis shield, but I do have the flame shield which also gives a small boost to SPR, so I put that on my Refia. She actually has a better DEF stat than my Chiz or CoD now. That's kinda' crazy.

Now that I actually have a varied enough unit base and with the big boost of NRG in the bundle, I'm going through and cleaning up the missions lapis. I had a bunch of missed lapis because I didn't have a green/water/air magic units on my roster at the time. It's only 10 lapis here or there, but it will probably add up in the end.

Okay, cool. I don't have the Aegis shield, but I do have the flame shield which also gives a small boost to SPR, so I put that on my Refia. She actually has a better DEF stat than my Chiz or CoD now. That's kinda' crazy.

Now that I actually have a varied enough unit base and with the big boost of NRG in the bundle, I'm going through and cleaning up the missions lapis. I had a bunch of missed lapis because I didn't have a green/water/air magic units on my roster at the time. It's only 10 lapis here or there, but it will probably add up in the end.

I use the Flame Shield as well however I would be careful during the raid anyway because it gives a negative bonus to incoming Ice Damage

H3xum

Well, gang

74 tickets. 7-11 pulls

No rainbows

Only 1 Zidane (my first ever, been playing since soft launch)

No Firion

IDK MAN

Zalasta

This week has been terrible for me. In all of my daily pulls and the 20+ tickets I've spent, the only units worth noting are Mercedes and a gold Roselia (only because she's new to me). I'm not even hoping for a rainbow, but no Chiz, not even a worthwhile 3 star like Zidane or Cecil (still haven't gotten either yet). I have been sitting on the 100 gigantaurs from the last event I haven't even redeemed yet, simply because I have no decent unit to use them on!

Then I lost a bunch of energy. First I didn't get to redeem all of the daily quests reward before the reset on Sunday. Then I forgot about the maintenance last night so I had 50+ left when it started. I was hoping to log in early when maintenance ended so at least I can salvage the daily quests rewards I have yet to claim, but 2 minutes wasn't enough time, just as I hit claim the clock turned 3AM and the game restarted for me. All together I lost like 100 energy in those two days.

Not having much luck with the game doesn't make it fun to play. Even if I try to take a casual approach to it.

H3xum

Fuuuuuucccckkk

Thats so many pulls. You had to at least get some good stuff to fuse TMs

4 Mercedes, I guess

3 Chiz's

2 Lockes

1 Black Cowl guy

1 Sakafuakofaeuri girl

3 Cecils (already have 1 Excal)

1 Ludimille (to join the one I already had)

4 Snows for some dumb reason

2 Hopes for even dumber reasons

Nothing game changing. Well at least game changing in the next 3 months

4 Mercedes, I guess

3 Chiz's

2 Lockes

1 Black Cowl guy

1 Sakafuakofaeuri girl

Time to switch to fun science mode then

You have to make a Maxed Mercedes build. I wanna see how hard Sea God Strike can hit

4 Mercedes, I guess

3 Chiz's

2 Lockes

1 Black Cowl guy

1 Sakafuakofaeuri girl

Ouch. Not terrible if you are into TM farming, but you are right... nothing game changing either. The pull rates on this banner have been terrible for those not looking to drop SERIOUS dough on it. There are always the lucky few, but those seem rarer this time around.

I must be the only one here without Noctis. I have to be one of the few without a 5* base. Six months, I'll give it six months. I don't have one by then, I quit.

Congrats to you, though!

Oh! Since luck here was so good, I purchased the 300 Lapis bundle and used my daily ticket.

- Faris
- Zidane (my fourth)
- Charlotte (my 1,324th)

Welp.

Don't worry Chrono, I'm still here and without a 5* base (and without a single rainbow crystal)!

Bought the bundle as well, between that, the daily and login bonus ticket I got :

Faris (4th or so)
Ingus (4th)
4* Medius
Yet another Charlotte

H3xum

Good lord.

My favorite 11 pull was one gold (Vivi) and 10 blues. 4 of the blues were Charlotte, 2 of them were Clyne

Probably should have screen shotted it so when you see me in the Buy/Sell thread looking for a new phone, everyone would understand

Rootbeer

Banned
Raid has those as reward. Burn your energy there.

Well, since I only needed one more as of yesterday I wanted to power through it. And... I managed. It took about four enery refills over the last day or so but it's fine. I got tons of gigantuars and other materials, too.

So I finally got Noct to 6*, he's currently sitting at lvl 85... really proud of that progress, honestly. Since I also brought Chiz up from 4* lvl 1 to 6* MAX over the last few days as well (that process started before I got Noct, or I would have made him priority.)

Now I can spam ice flask in the arena. Feels more like cheating than using the golem staff, but that's fine, I need those wins!

unrealist

Wait, who's from Singapore here? You or Mala?

I am from Singapore, I assumed Mala was from Singapore (he's actually from Canada). In the Singapore App store it is much more than 50 USD, I assume for the Canada app store or other app stores it will be higher due to currency exchange Apple employs.

Usually for Amazon IAP, the Lapis will be reflected only if you use it on the FFBE app downloaded from Amazon Underground. Meaning you can only spend it there.

It will not be shown on your Droid / iOS devices. Because FFBE Lapis purchase are tied to the store (Amazon / App / Play) you bought it from. This gift bundle works a little different, because the Lapis and other gifts go straight into your inbox - you can claim in on your other device (iOS/Droid) after the purchase.

I might have missed something in the past few pages but what is a science build?

For example

Garnet/Rydia Esper summon team

Basically finding a way to push a units individual strengths to the extreme or finding a novel way to make an underused or underappreciated skillset more powerful

This typically requires more investment in of time than money lol. Which is what F2Play is all about.

Limit breaks, team synergy (units that can feed the power to other units like Maxwells LB building abilities) and using easier to acquire TMs to complete the builds

So bought the 2 bundles and used all my tickets plus the daily...1 Chizu (8th)and everything else was blue trash...I still from the launch of global have yet to pull anything useful with a ticket...not one single unit that at the time I could use or have use for. Hence why I always do multi pulls.

Celegus

Here as well.

Well if that's what makes the game fun, I guess it wasn't for you in the first place. Sorry about your bad luck but that's probably the right move for you.

Valonquar

2x 11 pulls, 13 ticket pulls, no Noct, no Miyuki. Only unit worth noting is a 4th Exdeath. I guess I'm done ever losing in arena now, but MEH

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. SO MANY NOCTII!!! Congrats everyone! So great to see literally everyone on this thread getting their premier DPS.

2. This bundle is legit, but I'm hesitant to spend to say the least

3. This event is legit. I'm guessing you earn each reward as you clear each point tier? Because this miiiight be the best event since GL began. Look at all those gigacactuars, those 6* mats ...

4. Daily: Vaan! My 3rd or 4th now.

5. Gonna let this ticket burn in my nose for a few hours before pulling. Will chase the dragon later.

For example

Garnet/Rydia Esper summon team

Basically finding a way to push a units individual strengths to the extreme or finding a novel way to make an underused or underappreciated skillset more powerful

This typically requires more investment in of time than money lol. Which is what F2Play is all about.

Limit breaks, team synergy (units that can feed the power to other units like Maxwells LB building abilities) and using easier to acquire TMs to complete the builds

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation!

CCIE

Banned
I'm so damned conflicted... I have had terrible luck with this game - I want to like it, but the only way I got a 5* base is with a re-roll, and she will probably be the only one. Twice I have spent all my lapis chasing characters I want to no avail. I want to quit, but I just don't seem able... I'm tired of looking at everybody's awesome teams, and scraping by with just 3 and 4* characters. I'm probably never going to do another 11-pull in this game. I'm truly happy for everyone on the board, but the rates are simply too terrible - at least for me. Everyone but a select few posters has multiple 5* base characters to work with...

The lapis is a great deal for THIS game, but if I spend it I am in for the long haul. And I'm still not sure that is going to happen yet. How do you do Amazon coins with IOS version of the game?

OTOH, bough FFVI and Chrono Trigger for my phone earlier today on sale, so I have all the FF I need to keep me happy for awhile now. Hence, my conflict with this damned game.

I'm so damned conflicted... I have had terrible luck with this game - I want to like it, but the only way I got a 5* base is with a re-roll, and she will probably be the only one. Twice I have spent all my lapis chasing characters I want to no avail. I want to quit, but I just don't seem able... I'm tired of looking at everybody's awesome teams, and scraping by with just 3 and 4* characters. I'm probably never going to do another 11-pull in this game. I'm truly happy for everyone on the board, but the rates are simply too terrible - at least for me. Everyone but a select few posters has multiple 5* base characters to work with...

The lapis is a great deal for THIS game, but if I spend it I am in for the long haul. And I'm still not sure that is going to happen yet. How do you do Amazon coins with IOS version of the game?

OTOH, bough FFVI and Chrono Trigger for my phone earlier today on sale, so I have all the FF I need to keep me happy for awhile now. Hence, my conflict with this damned game.

you bought mobile FF6?

Sorry in advance but at least it was discounted

:/

bonkeng

Let me put it this way, your Lightning will be more OP than most of those with multiple 5* bases. Your TM queue is great. Just focus on that and worry about 5* units when the real powercreep comes.

Aside from Noctis, the rest are just wannabes anyway.

CCIE

Banned
I really wanted Noctis... anyway, I will probably buy the bundle because it is truly a GREAT deal for this game. I have 15 days to decide. I'm not doing daily pulls, just pumping lapis into my current setup. And I'm getting the daily 300 lapis bundle instead of pulls...

I have to talk to my Hubby and get his opinion. I missed you guys this week - the fun for me is in the community more than the game

Whizkid7

Yeah, okay, that bundle's pretty sweet, but given my horrible 11 pull from yesterday I'm very hesitant to dip in. It's around for a few days, right? I might just hold off and see if any of the daily bundles/dailies/event rewards get me anything, and if still nothing I might take the plunge.

Just want Chizuru game, c'mon now, it's not even that hard, she's only a 4*...

CCIE

Banned
Whiz - I had to flush over 30 tickets and 18000 lapis to get one Chizuru - seriously, she was the very last character I pulled. Still not sure she was worth it

Iceman829

Sunk cost in mobile games is a dangerous thing. If you are only playing because of the time and money you put into the game then it could be time to walk away. I'm sure everyone here would be sad to see you go, but I've seen mobile games eat people and their wallets away.

You do have Lightning and a way to make her stronger. If you approach the game from a f2p standpoint you will be able to complete things, but the time and effort will be higher than people who spend. For certain events you probably won't get everything. When a new trial boss arrives you will also have to wait to get a full breakdown and then work on assembling a squad that can complete it.

The longer you play and the more you put into a game the harder it is to walk away. I'm not telling you that you should stop or not. I'm just saying you need to see if the effort you are putting into the game is worth it to you. Also, this is a mobile game that will continue to evolve and get further updates down the line. You can always step away and come back to it.

Whatever you decide I hope it's what makes you happy. Just don't make a decision based on all the time you previously put into this game.

Whizkid7

Whiz - I had to flush over 30 tickets and 18000 lapis to get one Chizuru - seriously, she was the very last character I pulled. Still not sure she was worth it

I believe it - when she was on the player's choice banner a while back I blew through everything I had. I ended up with 8 CoDs and nothing else of note. Hence my hesitation on getting the bundle.

My only luck ever seemed to come from Luneth's banner where him + Refia were the first two pulls and I never had to touch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom