• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Iceman - the bundle for me would be in TM farming... I don't intend to do another 11-pull for awhile. I may not even buy it, as great as it sounds. Currently, I'm reworking through the story, and should have enough lapis to buy all of the 300 lapis bundles... a great start at rebuilding.

Down the road, my team will be competitive, but how sad is this? In all of my pulls, I've still never gotten Rydia to try the Rydia/Garnet combo. It's damned near unbelievable. I've never pulled a 5* of ANY kind without re-rolling. This is why I don't gamble. I will play for a bit, but I think I'm in Chrono's corner here. I'm done if things don't change down the road.

Only question is whether to put more money into the game, or stay strictly F2P at this point.

Syrus

Banned
I spent 250 already a month ago..but that 48$ bundle looks so good.

Im running low on lapis too.

Should I buy it and not do a 11 pull?

The 300 lapis tickets got me cecil and ceriud.

Should I go for 2 excaliburs or have it help get one?

creid

I'm so damned conflicted... I have had terrible luck with this game - I want to like it, but the only way I got a 5* base is with a re-roll, and she will probably be the only one. Twice I have spent all my lapis chasing characters I want to no avail. I want to quit, but I just don't seem able... I'm tired of looking at everybody's awesome teams, and scraping by with just 3 and 4* characters. I'm probably never going to do another 11-pull in this game. I'm truly happy for everyone on the board, but the rates are simply too terrible - at least for me. Everyone but a select few posters has multiple 5* base characters to work with...
Man... is that really true? Feels weird that I'm in the minority of people who haven't hit the 0.5% chance (or whatever it is).

Valentus

CCIE, after 1 week and so, the only characters that match noctis are the top tier units from japan.

You have to see whats next in global now:

Christmas gacha: dumpster fire
FFzero part 1: a dumpster inside a dumpster fire
Majin Fina batch: its not better than noctis
FFzero part 2: banner good for TM only. Queen right now is average
FFII banner: Emperor is not substantial better than exdeath or M.Fina
Orlandu banner: the first real deal

So if you want to buy bundles... i will try again for noctis. I know it sounds insane, but noctis is really a long term unit, if you wont buy lapis or the bundle, dont pull.

Really, you should keep rolling if you plan to buy lapis

Iceman829

Iceman - the bundle for me would be in TM farming... I don't intend to do another 11-pull for awhile. I may not even buy it, as great as it sounds. Currently, I'm reworking through the story, and should have enough lapis to buy all of the 300 lapis bundles... a great start at rebuilding.

Down the road, my team will be competitive, but how sad is this? In all of my pulls, I've still never gotten Rydia to try the Rydia/Garnet combo. It's damned near unbelievable. I've never pulled a 5* of ANY kind without re-rolling. This is why I don't gamble. I will play for a bit, but I think I'm in Chrono's corner here. I'm done if things don't change down the road.

Only question is whether to put more money into the game, or stay strictly F2P at this point.
Just stay f2p at this point would be my suggestion. You sound like you are on the fence about spending money, but then you mentioned how you feel you are done if things don't change down the line. It's obviously your money, but if you are already talking about seriously quitting then why invest?

NomarTyme

CCIE, after 1 week and so, the only characters that match noctis are the top tier units from japan.

You have to see whats next in global now:

Christmas gacha: dumpster fire
FFzero part 1: a dumpster inside a dumpster fire
Majin Fina batch: its not better than noctis
FFzero part 2: banner good for TM only. Queen right now is average
FFII banner: Emperor is not substantial better than exdeath or M.Fina
Orlandu banner: the first real deal

So if you want to buy bundles... i will try again for noctis. I know it sounds insane, but noctis is really a long term unit, if you wont buy lapis or the bundle, dont pull.

Really, you should keep rolling if you plan to buy lapis
For me the next big banner to pull from is the rikku banner. Orlandu banner is hot garbo too.
Look like I won't be pulling for awhile.

Alkez

CCIE I was literally wondering if you were ever coming back this morning lol. Glad to see you're back. Not so glad to see you're considering quitting.

So looking at the Raid point rewards...I wonder how many points you get per attempt. If the last reward is 12k I am assuming a low amount...or maybe it is based on damage. Have they even said how that works yet or how does it work in JPN?

Kouriozan

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already fail to get Greg with everything I saved for.
This game need increasing chances of getting a rainbow everytime you don't get one, and reset when you finally get it.

Rokuren

idk, I think the only people that should chase base 5* are those who can spend the money and not be hurt by a) the amount it might take to get them or b) the amount spent to still fail.

Otherwise spend lapis judiciously and work with what you get.

Syntsui

Orlandu banner is trash if you are not a whale. Don't delude yourself thinking you will pull him real quick and be done with it, don't commit the same mistake as I did with Noctis.

Orlandu will comeback in every single Player's Choice Banner or Anniversary Banner to be released together with much better unit.

I'll repeat one more time, Orlandu banner is Whale tier. You either go for him willing to spend nearly one thousand dollars or you are putting yourself in a situation where you will probably quit if you don't pull him.

No matter what, never ever go ham on a banner exclusively because of the 5* unit. This has been said a lot of time and I've always ignored it due to my early luck. Don't put yourself in a bad situation.

Glad to see you back! FYI, I also got FFXV for Christmas, and here's one piece of advice: see if your husband will download the patch that was just released yesterday for you. Otherwise you're looking at a 15GB download. I did that in preparation for a Friday night gaming session.

I also agree 100% about wanting to try new combos. My theee favorite things about the game so far: people using Sarah to fight Vargas, Dr Rob mentioning using Black Belt to get orbs/crystals for Maxwell, and the trial bosses themselves.

Event characters are a poor substitute for actually having units with some utility, even situationally. I've got Garnet and Rydia, but their LB is at 1... so, yet another grind. Wish fusing characters would add a +1 to LB.

I'm so damned conflicted... I have had terrible luck with this game - I want to like it, but the only way I got a 5* base is with a re-roll, and she will probably be the only one. Twice I have spent all my lapis chasing characters I want to no avail. I want to quit, but I just don't seem able... I'm tired of looking at everybody's awesome teams, and scraping by with just 3 and 4* characters. I'm probably never going to do another 11-pull in this game. I'm truly happy for everyone on the board, but the rates are simply too terrible - at least for me. Everyone but a select few posters has multiple 5* base characters to work with...

The lapis is a great deal for THIS game, but if I spend it I am in for the long haul. And I'm still not sure that is going to happen yet. How do you do Amazon coins with IOS version of the game?

OTOH, bough FFVI and Chrono Trigger for my phone earlier today on sale, so I have all the FF I need to keep me happy for awhile now. Hence, my conflict with this damned game.

What do you enjoy? That's what it comes down to. On my end, I like how I can hit Auto at work and burn NRG, TM farm while I sleep, and -- I'm weird -- but I like the characters and story. It sounds like you and I are similar: professionals with disposable income who like nostalgia but hate bullshit.

One option is to get the bundle (and hey, use Amazon coins, it's cheaper), pull for TM fodder for the next few months, and realize that base *5s aren't necessary: I realize I'm a goddamned hypocrite for saying this, mind you, but a Butz, CoD, Cecil, Refia, Exdeath team (soon with Rain) can probably clear everything. Even better if you pull units like Agrias and Chorizo.

For me, I want to get to quasi-autopilot mode with the game, so that it doesn't take up much of my day, because who really wants to run ES exploration? I even hate the arena. But I also like being part of a community for the first time in a decade. What do you want? Can your approach give you that?

If yes, stay.

CCIE

Banned
I didn't go ham on the banner just because of Noctis. I figured it shouldn't take 60+ pulls to get one 4* character in Chorizo... stupid me. I'm still bitter, but I am just working on leveling my 18000+ lapis Chorizo, and rebuilding lapis

At least I finally pulled WoL, who I've wanted FOREVER. And one Zidane.

Syrus

Banned
Im done buying lapis for 11 pulls. Bought the 48 bundle. All tickets and 2 pulls got me was zidane cecil and mercedes. Rest trash.

This game is sickening.50 dollars ahould gaurantee 5 star.

300 bucks and only lightning and DKC to show for it.

Shoulda kept for lapis refreshes.

Orlandu banner is trash if you are not a whale. Don't delude yourself thinking you will pull him real quick and be done with it, don't commit the same mistake as I did with Noctis.

Orlandu will comeback in every single Player's Choice Banner or Anniversary Banner to be released together with much better unit.

I'll repeat one more time, Orlandu banner is Whale tier. You either go for him willing to spend nearly one thousand dollars or you are putting yourself in a situation where you will probably quit if you don't pull him.

No matter what, never ever go ham on a banner exclusively because of the 5* unit. This has been said a lot of time and I've always ignored it due to my early luck. Don't put yourself in a bad situation.

I am putting this on a sticky note so I don't forget this when I see people getting lucky (or very expensive) pulls as banners come out. It is SOOOOOOO hard not to get caught up in new unit mania, but I have yet to actually come out on top when that happens. I got a rage pull Lightning, but that's it.

Thank you for the reality check.

Rixa

I did post this to our Discordchat. Doing real life mogcake event atm.

DSC_0027.JPG

Brilliant with coffee, raspberry jam in the middle.

Pejo

HOLY FUCK GAF! Bought that Christmas bundle. All 10 tickets - crap, first 10+1 pull - crap, last 10+1 pull....my Final Fantasy, if you will.

FUCKING NOCTIS MOTHER FUCKING GET YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE WHY DID YOU MAKE ME SPEND SO MUCH MONEY BUT FUCK YOU I FINALLY GOT YOU.

Ahem...anyways, yea. I'm pretty damn happy. I spent WAY too much money on this banner, a shameful amount really. But at least in the end I got what I wanted, and can finally stop. Thank you RNGesus.

eggydoo

Man... is that really true? Feels weird that I'm in the minority of people who haven't hit the 0.5% chance (or whatever it is).

I still don't have a 5 base but I have a good selection of characters that use to be top tier before lightning, greg, luneth, etc came out so I'm not sweating it.

In the end, there is always going to be a stronger better unit cause it's a big money maker. One day we will have rngesus praise us.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ticket 2: Medius, Growth Egg now at 10%
Ticket 3: Tellah, MP +30% now at 5%

Gonna burn out my lapis on these things. 2500 left, LOL

correct. it just turns out that this noctis banner is LEGIT. might be the best in a long time to come.

Agreed. Every unit in the banner is worthwhile in someway. Charlotte is a great tank if you don't have Cecil/Snow/WoL and even if you do she is still good. Her TM is great as well for a healer like Refia. Chizzy is obvious. Mercedes as a unit I don't think is anything special but her TM is the best weapon in the game atm and it's water element so that is helpful. Noctis also is obvious. The problem is still the same as it has been. Getting a Rainbow should be a 5* base not a fucking Cerius or something and getting a Gold should be a 4* base. Until that is the case no matter how good a banner is the same complaints will be brought up over and over. I do think Rainbows should have a slightly higher drop chance though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What do you do, though? Not pull because of rainbow rates? Or pull because this is a great banner?

(where you = dolphin spending $20-50 per month?)

tariniel

Can I purchase the same bundle more than once? I want to buy this $48 one twice lol

I have one of every banner character except Noctis but I want him pretty badly.

Also how does NRG on these bundles work? Go to my mail or applied instantly?

Can I purchase the same bundle more than once? I want to buy this $48 one twice lol

I have one of every banner character except Noctis but I want him pretty badly.

No that one is 1 time only. The only one you can buy more than once is the 300 Lapis for 2 tix bundle but it's one per day.

Rixa

Agreed. Mercedes as a unit I don't think is anything special but her TM is the best weapon in the game atm and it's water element so that is helpful.

I would like to bring this up. If one has determination & 2 Mercedes. One should grind 2 F1 TM's and then do this:

Code:
Mercedes 6 Star with pots

FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK
Left Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
[B]Total Stats: HP: 5940 MP: 233 ATK: 841 DEF: 226 MAG: 319 SPR: 195[/B]

Then you get the enchantments at sometime in not so close future...

That's a hard hitting juggernaut.
Only thing Iam missing is to grind those 2 Axes.

CCIE

Banned
Chorizo to L90, and second ExDeath to L81... time to stop running the maze and do a little TM farming. I might run it a little more, but seriously think TM farming can do more for me right now. Will get Chorizo maxed through daily Explorations, and the same goes for ExDeath#2

Need to finish off PoC, Bracer, and Excalibur to get my Lightning into the high 600's. Been sitting at 80% + on all of those for a week now while running the maze. Also working on Champion Belt, and Blade Mastery though that just started

Almost my entire FL is Noctis... that is depressing

I would like to bring this up. If one has determination & 2 Mercedes. One should grind 2 F1 TM's and then do this:

Code:
Mercedes 6 Star with pots

FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK
Left Hand: Viking Axe +125ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Hero's Ring +3DEF+3SPR+10%ATK+10%MAG
Ability 1: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
[B]Total Stats: HP: 5940 MP: 233 ATK: 841 DEF: 226 MAG: 319 SPR: 195[/B]

Then you get the enchantments at sometime in not so close future...

That's a hard hitting juggernaut.
Only thing Iam missing is to grind those 2 Axes.

Well she is definitely better than I thought but does she have any worthwhile skills or just high ATK?

tuffymon

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already fail to get Greg with everything I saved for.
This game need increasing chances of getting a rainbow everytime you don't get one, and reset when you finally get it.

I'd love to see something like this in place. It still doesn't mean you'd pull a 5 on the banner, or stop from pulling a troll... but the occasional built up rainbow would be nice when it happened.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Current bottleneck: 6* mats for Chizuru and Mercedes

And my dumbass could've bought backups from the gears event but said, naaaaah they're always plentiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom