• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceman - the bundle for me would be in TM farming... I don't intend to do another 11-pull for awhile. I may not even buy it, as great as it sounds. Currently, I'm reworking through the story, and should have enough lapis to buy all of the 300 lapis bundles... a great start at rebuilding.

Down the road, my team will be competitive, but how sad is this? In all of my pulls, I've still never gotten Rydia to try the Rydia/Garnet combo. It's damned near unbelievable. I've never pulled a 5* of ANY kind without re-rolling. This is why I don't gamble. I will play for a bit, but I think I'm in Chrono's corner here. I'm done if things don't change down the road.

Only question is whether to put more money into the game, or stay strictly F2P at this point.

Same boat here, but stay F2P. You've seen the people who have spent like $1k to get one character... there is no guarantee currently of getting anything.

CCIE

Banned
But the bundle is 10K lapis, 10 tickets, 20 SC, and a bunch of other stuff. It just might be worth it. Those three are the chokepoints for this game. I imagine more than half of the players out there will buy this

Rixa

Well she is definitely better than I thought but does she have any worthwhile skills or just high ATK?

Reason why you need her own axes that has water element:
Code:
Axe of the Sea Gods 270% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -20% Water Resist
Then when we get those enchantments:
1-Sieppaa.PNG

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
With the new bundle, I would have spent 180$ on this game, exactly what I said I would for a year.

Best part is, I only used 13% of what I spent.
A single 5k roll on noctis, otherwise I've been f2p.

Thinking about 5 rolls too, I've only done them on good banners. Outside the FFBE one

Well since I pulled Noctis today miraculously I am saving my Lapis and Tickets until who knows when. I want Orlandu but if he is on a shit tier banner I will wait. Dark Fina doesn't interest me that much sooooooo /shrug I might be saving for awhile.

Well since I pulled Noctis today miraculously I am saving my Lapis and Tickets until who knows when. I want Orlandu but if he is on a shit tier banner I will wait. Dark Fina doesn't interest me that much sooooooo /shrug I might be saving for awhile.

Congrats Hippo (and everyone else I missed who pulled Noctis yesterday/today)!

Alkez

Hippo you pulled him too? Congrats!

Off the top of my head the only ones who don't have him now are :

You
Me
Chrono
Panther (cause Gumi won't give him his lapis)
Killer Dark (?)
Edit: Kouriozan
crazyivan19
AdawgDaFAB

lol.

You
Me
Chrono
Killer Dark (?)

lol.

Yea I definitely don't. Haven't ever pulled a rainbow, let alone a 5* base. Have basically spent everything I had (all I have left is 4500 lapis) towards Noctis. Debating on cleaning up the lapis I have left in the story (have barely touched the 3rd island and have only done like 1/2 of the objectives on the first island) and going for a 10+1 but not sure if thats a good idea :\.

eggydoo

Decided to reroll on an alt while I tm farm on my maib. First pull rainbow.....wuuutt....ingus.
Then I got 4 charlottes. Lol

tariniel

I'm going to buy this $48 bundle for sure. I may just hold onto the lapis for a while but it's a good deal. I want Noctis pretty badly though :( his sprite and animations are so cool.

If I want to buy it with Amazon coins, do I have to uninstall the playstore version of FFBE and only use the amazon store version of the game?

You
Me
Chrono
Killer Dark (?)
Edit: Kouriozan

lol.

Oooh!! Ooooh!! Me too, me too! I haven't pulled him either!

Wait... that's not a good thing. Meh.

kevyward

Bought the bundle... 2 - 11 pulls and 10 tickets... only got 2 new units that I didn't already have which was Mercedes and Firion. Booooo still no Noctis

Celegus

I really wanted Noctis... anyway, I will probably buy the bundle because it is truly a GREAT deal for this game. I have 15 days to decide. I'm not doing daily pulls, just pumping lapis into my current setup. And I'm getting the daily 300 lapis bundle instead of pulls...

I have to talk to my Hubby and get his opinion. I missed you guys this week - the fun for me is in the community more than the game
I think I can speak for everyone here that we (and you) will be way more excited when you get another 5 when you're not expecting it, rather than whaling out. You've already seen wheere that road leads, and it doesn't feel good for anyone. You've got plenty to go on for now and we all help each other out with friend units and strategies. It'll happen when it happens, and it feels so much better that way.

Glad to see you back CCIE. Grats to all that have pulled Noctis yesterday/today. Reading through the last couple of pages has been really interesting. I think some of the things said regarding pulling are so true, so damn true. As someone who's probably spent close to $1000 on this game you really have to ask yourself, is it REALLY worth it? Every 4-5 years I put together a new gaming pc. I could have taken that cash and put it towards my pc. Do I regret it? Kind of one on hand but on the other I do not as I'm here for the long run. I generally enjoy the game for what it is but I think we can all agree that there is room for improvement and change and it needs to happen sooner than later for most of the general non whale populous. Whales keep the game afloat but that shouldn't mean others can't or shouldn't be able to enjoy the game as well. I will say that peer pressure is a mother $%$^^&^&. When you see numerous people on the boards pulling Lightning, Noctis, Elza, etc. you want to be that guy/girl. You WANT that unit and the pressure gets the best of you and you gamble.

What I'm trying to get at is that coming from a guy who's spent $1000 on this lil piece of joy think wisely before you pull. Is the unit something you really need? What else is offered on the banner? Does said unit have a place on your team? I've pulled for specific units that I wanted as I wanted said unit to fill specific role. Elza was to be my breaker, that 50% is insane. Lightning was to be my first DW character since I had no zidane and she can chain and has great elemental coverage. I only pulled for Greg because I only had one Zidane at that point, I don't care for him as a dps unit he was there for his TM. I wasn't going to pull for Noctis. I didn't care for him and at one point I hated FFXV. But I started seeing how awesome he is, I fell into the trap that I just previously mentioned that one should not fall into...damn near $150 dollars later I had Noctis. I felt bad, real bad because I just bought a house and xmas is right around the corner and I still need to get people gifts. But.......Noctis is a fucking monster and I'm very, VERY happy to have him on my team.

In closing I hurt when see the heart break of people not getting what they want but really have to understand it's ALL random to a certain degree. I will say that of all the rainbows I've pulled, almost all of them came from purchasing lapis and then pulling. It's like Gumi increased rates for those who spend cash. This purely my opinion and is not fact but it's something I've noticed. I had about 6k lapis and 17 tickets saved when Noctis rolled around. Blew them all, no Noct. I said F it, let me buy the $50 bundle, I surely will get him. Next 11 pull, no Noct. I said F IT, YOLOOOOOO, $100 bundle, first 11 pull and there he is.

I'm going to buy this $48 bundle for sure. I may just hold onto the lapis for a while but it's a good deal. I want Noctis pretty badly though :( his sprite and animations are so cool.

If I want to buy it with Amazon coins, do I have to uninstall the playstore version of FFBE and only use the amazon store version of the game?

You can use both versions, but not at the same time. My TM farming PC uses Amazon, which is where I do pulls. My iPhone, OTOH, is for casual use and I can't really see me buying lapis on it... ever. Maybe only for refreshes to knock out the next story update.

Thanks for sharing Zera, definitely helps put some perspective on it. Was kind of thinking about buying the new bundle but I know I would be very disappointed if I didn't get Noctis with that.

Kouriozan

I was taking a shower and suddenly feel like I WILL get Noctus, like no way I won't get it...
So here goes my last lapis...

pPge5Ngl.jpg

giphy.gif

2 FUCKING TROLL RAINBOW, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
I'm so devastated right now...

CCIE

Banned
Congrats on the house, Zera!

I just think that there should be some kind of counter on this game that increases with successive pulls, until you get a rainbow crystal. Totally agree with that. My first account, I whaled hard for WoL, and it was an expensive lesson. Ended up re-rolling when Lightning came around. This time, I wanted Noctis, but also finally my chance at Chiz as well... I'm just sore that it took EVERYTHING to get Chiz, who is a damned 4*, and no Noctis either.

However, I talked to Hubby and will probably purchase the big bundle but I won't spend it on Noctis at this time. He'll be back in another banner eventually, and I have all the banner units already from this one. Therefore, I will wait to see what else comes around, and I will have 20+ tickets again after purchasing these bundles. In six months or so, I will be competitive, and in a week or two Light will be in the high 600's so yay me!

In the future, I don't need Orlandu, because I have Agrias. Pulled Zidane for DW so I can turn Chiz into a monster in the future. And Refia is a Goddess with DC... a downright Goddess. And she will have the shield because Charlottes ahoy! Also, pulled Garland finally who will be a beast in the future with DH.

Would eventually like to pull Luneth, Noctis, or Firion. And someday Rydia would be nice

Finally got WoL, who I've been lusting after for months now. So all in good time...

DrRob - I saw you got him as well... Seriously congrats to all who got him. It wasn't meant to be for me.

CCIE

Banned
Kouriozan - I'm really sorry. But you did get Chorizo and Agrias, who will eventually be excellent units in their own rights. At least that is what I tell myself when I get that yearning for Noctis.

Whizkid7

I was taking a shower and suddenly feel like I WILL get Noctus, like no way I won't get it...

pPge5Ngl.jpg

giphy.gif

Jesus christ, two of them?! That's just plain evil. Sorry man. Stuff like this is why I fear going for the bundle.

Side note: I ain't got no Noctis either, but I'm not really trying for him. Just Chizzy, though even she eludes me.

Im just never gonna say anything

Ive definitely went dolphin on this game. Im gonna stop and try to stay f2play from here on out but the damage is done

:/

If i went through what some of what you guys went through id be bummed to

I only pulled this last time as a hail mary cuz that holiday bundle was too good to pass up

I was more than happy to move forward without Noctis

CCIE

Banned
That Snow White GIF cracks me up every damned time... I've felt like that several times since starting this game

tariniel

Someone used this when I posted my last 11 pull and it made me laugh, so I must re-use it:

giphy.gif

Zalasta

I assume people must be spending lapis on orbs refresh for arena. Even after 4 straight wins I still couldn't get out of the 8000 rank. Out of all of the days it seems Wednesday is the hardest to move up.

CCIE

Banned
I just try to stay in the 3,000-30,000 range in the Arena. Don't have to compete against the 5xNoctis teams, and it is satisfying to crush some groups with my Lightning, plus 3xDC combo in 2xExDeath, and Arc. And my last member is currently Refia, but will eventually be Chorizo

tariniel

I just spent todays daily login ticket + the 2 tickets from the new bundle:

Charlotte, 4th.
Hope, new, useless?
Zidane! my first one.

I have 110% worth of TM moogles so I'm thinking about just getting DW right now. The only unit I have that I would use it on is Chiz though. Worth? She'd probably just use Chirijiraden and Masamune though.

Alternatively I could use the moogles on Chiz to get Blade Mastery to put on Lightning, who has Sakurafubuki.

My 2nd Excalibur is at 60% so eventually when that's done I could use 2x Excal on Lightning and give the Sakura to Chiz, maybe. Decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom