• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Great post Zera, very well said. Gambling + peer pressure is a VERY dangerous combination. Most of us here *can* afford to be small dolphins at least, but the bigger question is *should* you. Trusting your gut (so so sorry kourio, that is the pits) isn't any kind of guarantee, so ALWAYS keep in mind the actual percentages. If a rainbow is a 1% chance and could contain a pile of garbage... That's not great. Yes I agree that the rates are a sham, but that's what we're stuck with. Just have to keep your expectations in check, because it really breaks my heart seeing some of these stories too.

I just spent todays daily login ticket + the 2 tickets from the new bundle:

Charlotte, 4th.
Hope, new, useless?
Zidane! my first one.

I have 110% worth of TM moogles so I'm thinking about just getting DW right now. The only unit I have that I would use it on is Chiz though. Worth?

Alternatively I could use the moogles on Chiz to get Blade Mastery to put on Lightning, who has Sakurafubuki.

Absolutely worth it

Get DW

Rixa

I just spent todays daily login ticket + the 2 tickets from the new bundle:

Charlotte, 4th.
Hope, new, useless?
Zidane! my first one.

I have 110% worth of TM moogles so I'm thinking about just getting DW right now. The only unit I have that I would use it on is Chiz though. Worth? She'd probably just use Chirijiraden and Masamune though.

Alternatively I could use the moogles on Chiz to get Blade Mastery to put on Lightning, who has Sakurafubuki.

My 2nd Excalibur is at 60% so eventually when that's done I could use 2x Excal on Lightning and give the Sakura to Chiz, maybe. Decisions.

Get the DW with moogles. Every unit can use DW. Not every unit will benefit from BM :p.
Grats for the pulls :).
My 3 were in this order:

- Bedile
- Charlotte
- Agrias (I can make 2nd StQ by using 2 Agrias).

tariniel

Thanks guys, sounds like DW now, and then put Chiz in my TM team next to get BM. Man I'm so happy I finally got a Zidane. There are very few 3* base that I still want/need (other than another Zidane lol)... I think literally the only one I've never pulled is CoD.

Just did it, freed up a ton of unit space from all the moogles too.

I think I'll also stick my 2nd Miyuki into my next TM team to get another of that Katana. Seems like a good idea now. My current TM team is Cecil (2nd), Shantotto (2nd), 2x Gaffgarion, Ludmille. They're all at around 60-70%.

bryt

Ugh, I kinda want to pull for another Chizuru for Blade Mastery to make my team super duper good but I don't want to push my luck since I already got 1 Chizuru and a Noctis from this banner.

Kouriozan

Yeah I'll be stuck with Lightning for a loooong time, even though upgrade to 6* are starting to overshadow her. (Chizuru for example got stronger AoE)

Thanks guys, sounds like DW now, and then put Chiz in my TM team next to get BM. Man I'm so happy I finally got a Zidane. There are very few 3* base that I still want/need (other than another Zidane lol)... I think literally the only one I've never pulled is CoD.

Just did it, freed up a ton of unit space from all the moogles too.

I think I'll also stick my 2nd Miyuki into my next TM team to get another of that Katana. Seems like a good idea now. My current TM team is Cecil (2nd), Shantotto (2nd), 2x Gaffgarion, Ludmille. They're all at around 60-70%.

Congrats on the DW, it makes a huge difference!

desverger

Yeah I'll be stuck with Lightning for a loooong time, even though upgrade to 6* are starting to overshadow her. (Chizuru for example got stronger AoE)

Chizu has better AoE but worse gear options (and no elemental coverage outside of fire). Basically your options for katanas atm are: Chirijaden (sucks for Arena and anything that resists fire), Sakurafubuki (sucks if you never pulled any Miyukis), or Murasame (sucks because only +61 ATK).

Even my DW Chizu with Blade Mastery can't break 600 ATK due to "bad" gear options.

Pejo

So I've been playing around with my TM's, and with characters I have that will eventually have TMs, on the FFBE unit calculator.

Looks like as soon as I get Noct maxed out, with the current gear/TMs i have already, he can instantly go to 689 attack. 890 attack after I farm a LOT of additional TMs. The thing that sucks, most of the TMs I need are units that I only have 1 of. (power of creation, lunge combo, seal of destruction, brave suit, etc.) It's going to be a long road, but I at least have a clear and concise goal now.

Are Attack+20% and Attack+30% only available out of those Gumi store bundles that happened months ago?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
that double troll rainbow, I am soooo sorry

anyone who has exactly $50 to spend should be forced to stare at that for 5 minutes before an 11 pull

Kouriozan

Chizu has better AoE but worse gear options (and no elemental coverage outside of fire). Basically your options for katanas atm are: Chirijaden (sucks for Arena and anything that resists fire), Sakurafubuki (sucks if you never pulled any Miyukis), or Murasame (sucks because only +61 ATK).

Even my DW Chizu with Blade Mastery can't break 600 ATK due to "bad" gear options.

Yeah I got all that, even a Bracer/Black Cowl/Brave Suit coming in the next 30 days.

Syntsui

I assume people must be spending lapis on orbs refresh for arena. Even after 4 straight wins I still couldn't get out of the 8000 rank. Out of all of the days it seems Wednesday is the hardest to move up.
There are three types of people you need to consider:

1) the ones spending lapis for orb refreshes
2) the ones spending lapis for TM farming, who play the arena everytime they rank up
3) the ones that played the arena immediately after it reseted, are keeping a streak and keep getting paired with 1.50 units

I don't think there are that many people wasting lapis for orbs refreshes, as it is just not worth it. Most of them are Whales TM farming benefiting from the rank up refresh.

double rainbow troll is a good horror story to stop me from pulling, coming hear and seeing people pull 5 stars on dallies and shit can wear you down, there must be balance.

I pulled Lightning on a daily a while ago so I lost my rights to be too upset I can't get ol Noctis

Rixa

Are Attack+20% and Attack+30% only available out of those Gumi store bundles that happened months ago?

During summer there was 75€ bundle that had 20% ATK. Everyone had opportunity to get unit from Brave Frontier banner if you defeated Golbez with Diabolos Esper you got Maxwell.

Maxwell is at the moment only unit that has TM which has +30% (and +30% MAG). If you have Maxwell, farm its TM.

Fencer TM "Lunge Combo" has 20% ATK and other shit.
Karl TM "Seal of Destruction" has 20% ATK and other shit.

Sad thing in all of these Maxwell / Fencer / Karl is that you can't get them now.
Not sure if Fencer does comeback some day in some banner or if Gumi makes her as 6*.

Karl & Maxwel will be back next year.

Karl is base 4*, so good luck of pulling him in BF banner, when there is Seria & Tilith that are also base 4*...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So we need 12K points to get all the individual rewards up through the trust moogle. Based on the gear event that means we should expect 20-50 per run with no holiday bonus units, right? (240-600 runs)

holy crap zera. great post. also, scary.

Thanks for sharing Zera, definitely helps put some perspective on it. Was kind of thinking about buying the new bundle but I know I would be very disappointed if I didn't get Noctis with that.

Well said.

Congrats on the house, Zera!

I just think that there should be some kind of counter on this game that increases with successive pulls, until you get a rainbow crystal. Totally agree with that. My first account, I whaled hard for WoL, and it was an expensive lesson. Ended up re-rolling when Lightning came around. This time, I wanted Noctis, but also finally my chance at Chiz as well... I'm just sore that it took EVERYTHING to get Chiz, who is a damned 4*, and no Noctis either.

However, I talked to Hubby and will probably purchase the big bundle but I won't spend it on Noctis at this time. He'll be back in another banner eventually, and I have all the banner units already from this one. Therefore, I will wait to see what else comes around, and I will have 20+ tickets again after purchasing these bundles. In six months or so, I will be competitive, and in a week or two Light will be in the high 600's so yay me!

In the future, I don't need Orlandu, because I have Agrias. Pulled Zidane for DW so I can turn Chiz into a monster in the future. And Refia is a Goddess with DC... a downright Goddess. And she will have the shield because Charlottes ahoy! Also, pulled Garland finally who will be a beast in the future with DH.

Would eventually like to pull Luneth, Noctis, or Firion. And someday Rydia would be nice

Finally got WoL, who I've been lusting after for months now. So all in good time...

DrRob - I saw you got him as well... Seriously congrats to all who got him. It wasn't meant to be for me.

Great post Zera, very well said. Gambling + peer pressure is a VERY dangerous combination. Most of us here *can* afford to be small dolphins at least, but the bigger question is *should* you. Trusting your gut (so so sorry kourio, that is the pits) isn't any kind of guarantee, so ALWAYS keep in mind the actual percentages. If a rainbow is a 1% chance and could contain a pile of garbage... That's not great. Yes I agree that the rates are a sham, but that's what we're stuck with. Just have to keep your expectations in check, because it really breaks my heart seeing some of these stories too.

Honestly I'm just trying to save people some grief and heart ache. The community here is one of the best I've ever seen in my 30+ years of gaming. If any of you are on the PSN add me: timeless_strife is my psn name.

Razmos

Finally got the Brave Suit, yay. Now I just need a unit that can equip it. >_>

(My Arc can, but he actually loses 1 magic compared to the robe he has equipped)

Lightning is my only strong physical unit that can equip it, but she's still like level 1 because I used all my gigantuars on Gilgamesh.

And thanks for the post Zera. I'm glad you and everyone else who wanted Noctis got him. I'm utterly ashamed of myself for the amount of money I spent trying to get him (and failing)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
y'all gonna complain about whales in the arena with fully TM'd LIGHTNING + NOCTIS + GILGA + ELZA + LUNETH sets in the hundreds/thousands every single day and we're gonna dismiss that they're probably also lighting their cash on fire for arena ranking?

ok!

I went into this never expecting to get Noctis. However, I should have been able to AT LEAST get one Chizuru or Mercedes. Instead, I did 30 pulls and got 10 Charlottes + multiple troll golds. The only silver lining of it all was a random WoL daily. Other than him, my only somewhat useful pulls were my first Xiao and my second Miyuki.

I wasted so much lapis and tickets on a "Great Banner" with little to show for it. It's damn depressing and convinced me to never financially support any Gumi game.

Ken

4AjftcC.jpg

The best girl.

Celegus

Honestly I'm just trying to save people some grief and heart ache. The community here is one of the best I've ever seen in my 30+ years of gaming. If any of you are on the PSN add me: timeless_strife is my psn name.
I'll add you when I get home (also Celegus). So hype to start FF XV when I get it on Sunday! Christmas present from the wife :)

I've been actually having decent luck as of late in the arena. I'm basically running with Exdeath for double meteor, Snow and Lightning for area blast, Chizuru for phantom shadow, and Refia for embolden and healing.

Now, granted, I'm not running into the top tier of opponents and usually hover in the 12-15k range in terms of rank, but I think I've lost maybe once or twice in the past couple of weeks and I usually pick the top ranked opponent available each time. It's pretty rare that a team will make it through the second round with my team (other than Cecil, that motherfucker). Even whale teams of 2-3 Noctii/Lightning/Luneth combos don't stand up, especially if I go first.

But I'm also very happy with settling for the 10-30k weekly rank, so there's that. It's totally stress free as a trade-off, which is fine by me.

Totally aside... has anyone read about this on the Reddit site? Any thoughts on it?

Syntsui

I went into this never expecting to get Noctis. However, I should have been able to AT LEAST get one Chizuru or Mercedes. Instead, I did 30 pulls and got 10 Charlottes + multiple troll golds. The only silver lining of it all was a random WoL daily. Other than him, my only somewhat useful pulls were my first Xiao and my second Miyuki.

I wasted so much lapis and tickets on a "Great Banner" with little to show for it. It's damn depressing and convinced me to never financially support any Gumi game.
It goes to shows that banners with more than one 4* are bullshit nevertheless.

Really, the rates in this game are just a bad joke. Playing Record Keeper just puts this in evidence.

I pull daily and use every ticket I get in hopes for Noctis. But I'm sorry for everyone dropping bank on this banner. I've mentioned it before but I've learned my lesson the hard way from another game.

Anyway today's daily gave me my first Kuja. I know he sucks but maybe one day he won't.

Rixa

I was looking for TM stuff so I did 10+1 and 10 tix thus 21 pulls. After 5 Charlottes were fed to one. This was what I got. 0 Rainbows (what is expected) but also 0 Troll Golds (which was not expected).

Really nice haul \o/

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I was looking for TM stuff so I did 10+1 and 10 tix thus 21 pulls. After 5 Charlottes were fed to one. This was what I got. 0 Rainbows (what is expected) but also 0 Troll Golds (which was not expected).

Really nice haul \o/

this is the best reason for 11 pulls imho

Rixa

this is the best reason for 11 pulls imho

For reference, got my:

- 3rd F1
- 1st & 2nd Garland
- 3rd & 4th Snow
- 3rd & 4th Chorizo
- 3rd Zidane
- 5th Leo (fast Aegis Shield)
- 2nd Vaan (faster Maximillian, first Vaan is over 30% by just using him early days)
- 6th Cecil (I might do 3rd Excalibur with 4 Cecils)
- 6th or 7th Bartz :p
- 5th Kefka (I think)

Iam looking things from TM point of view :). That's why I love this banner :D

Think I am def. gonna focus on units I have multiple of that I will fuse to make em faster.

I have 10 Leo's so 2 Aegis Shields fast....12 Cecil's....I was originally gonna do 8 Excalibur but I think 4 is fine so 3 Cecil's for each sword. 10 Amarant...10 Tellah....20 Ingus...5+ of each of Bartz/Garland/Vaan/Celes and so on and so on just to name a few.....FUCK!

Edit: Just realized I have 5 Chizzy's left to get another BM and another Miyuki so maybe I will get a 2nd BM/Sakuakljslfkjsaf combo actually.

Ken

should i be spending my energy doing the story or farming maze? i'm rank 22 atm and i'm at golzas peak. i read that the maze won't come back for like 4 months so that's why i was spamming it. i also want to prep for the raid thingy :eek:

robotuw

should i be spending my energy doing the story or farming maze? i'm rank 22 atm and i'm at golzas peak. i read that the maze won't come back for like 4 months so that's why i was spamming it. i also want to prep for the raid thingy :eek:

As much maze as you can manage. Max out any characters you plan to use, and then max your slots with extra gigantuars (and consider buying more slots). Story can always wait and you will blaze through it with a stronger team. Maze is great for getting a lot of other things too, like awakening materials and star quartz.

Rixa

Do maze. 10 nrg and you get at least 35k xp (one mini & one jumbo cactuar). Also there is a chance that you get gil turtles and other useful materials a lot that save you the trouble of running Int Awakening Vortex (Sacred Crystals).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Well what's your purpose for each?

Maze: unit exp you can designate via cactuars + awakening mats

Story: lapis + equip + espers etc etc

(Unless you're whaling your opportunity with this coming event will be quite limited tbh. Finish the story, level your espers, get the equip wins you can as you build out your roster.)

Zalasta

Daily is Maria. Honestly, even though I haven't gotten trash like Shadow and Bedile, but this blue crystal change hasn't benefit me much on the rare stuff either.

As for arena, I'm sitting on a 124 streak and my opponents have all been between 1.05 and 1.35 rank ratio. I haven't seen my rank move much all morning, and you're telling me people aren't refreshing orbs? I don't know what to say about that then.

Xion86

Finally home, long day. I'm concentrating more on TM farming now, so got that running currently. Looking forward to seeing what the event will be like!

Might try posting a weekly TM update :).

Ken

Well what's your purpose for each?

Maze: unit exp you can designate via cactuars + awakening mats

Story: lapis + equip + espers etc etc

(Unless you're whaling your opportunity with this coming event will be quite limited tbh. Finish the story, level your espers, get the equip wins you can as you build out your roster.)

what's equip wins?

is my opportunity limited cause of low NRG cap?

CCIE, I'm right there holding your hand. It's devastating to me to see all the Noctis' in my FL though I'm happy for the people in this thread that don't have to share our pain. For me, it's not simply that he's the top unit in Global. I made a post before we saw his kit saying I really wanted him to be tops because I love the character and so wanted to feel justified in pulling for him. He's the only unit in the entire game I give a shit about from a character perspective (well, Kefka is a top tier villain) and only the FFVIII characters will surpass him for me. I think he's my second favorite FF protagonist after Squall after playing FFXV. So yeah, I REALLY want him and he's someone I'd feel compelled to keep in my party forever unless I did an all FFVIII one for funsies ;p I had a nice pile of lapis and tickets saved up for Orlandu and have no regrets throwing it at this banner but man does it burn not getting him. Still well worth it for all the great TMs, Chizu and FINALLY REFIA! Still, it makes it feel like I'll never get a 5* base when I burn that much without a single rainbow.

This all said, I have enough lapis left for one last 10+1 and if I don't get lucky I just might go F2P to whale for this banner. I told myself I wouldn't spend any real amount of money on a little cell phone game but when I think about it, this is a game built for the long-haul. It constantly updates with NEW content which is significant, I actually care about stories in RPGs so I like continuing that in the game and we have an awesome community here to discuss the game with. Plus, my FFVIII units haven't even hit yet. So if I don't think about it as a cell phone game but rather a source of entertainment that will continue to entertain me for months to come, I think I could stomach it. Getting Noctis would be a crucial piece in long term success plus I love the guy. I'd be able to learn TMs faster with dupes and there isn't going to be a good banner again for a loooong time. Not until players choice or the FFX one so all the more reason to go all ham on this one.

Kouriozan

I wanted Noctis for a personal achievement since I got the FF XV platinum but Gumi was like "nope, get 2 trolls instead"
He would have sucked it wouldn't change my mind. I remember people saying he would be bad before his release because he has a jump skill and hybrid attacks :lol

Man, I swear the maze never wants to give me LB pots too haha Always the stupid group of gil turtles. At least they help off set the cost of using gigantuars on my new Chizu and Refia but the main reason I want to do maze is for LB pots so I can get Cecil in the lineup already. I finally used up my free arena tickets we got for dailies last month
so was able to hit 10 and awaken him and now he's nearly to 13. Think I'm going to skip to 6* after I hit 15, don't think it's worth it to sit on 5* until max. That said, I burned so many crystals on Refia and Chizu it's probably going to be rough getting Cecil all the way up anyway haha Speaking of which, I need more Calamity Gems and Writs for Chizu to hit 6* so another reason the maze is nice though it's rare to get them. Can't complain about an event that gives you the opportunity for gigantuars, LB pots and T6 mats all at once.

I wanted Noctis for a personal achievement since I got the FF XV platinum but Gumi was like "nope, get 2 trolls instead"
He would have sucked it wouldn't change my mind. I remember people saying he would be bad before his release because he has a jump skill and hybrid attacks :lol

I'm working towards my platinum now as I finished the story. I'm starting to think I should quit wasting time on the last couple side quests and just focus on stuff that gets me trophies though haha Stupid Rainbow frogs that the game doesn't give you any hints at all for...have to use a guide for this one and the treasure one too, no way in hell you find them all legit. I'm excited to do the dungeons though, heard great things. Did you do the expericast trick to get to lvl 99?

_woLf

Anyone else get a race to rank 15 reward today with 3 gigantuars and a summon ticket in it?

I did but it said it was already claimed...and my gigantuars and summon ticket are nowhere to be found...

Anyone else get a race to rank 15 reward today with 3 gigantuars and a summon ticket in it?

I did but it said it was already claimed...and my gigantuars and summon ticket are nowhere to be found...

Did you get it the first time like a week ago? If so that is why. I guess it disappeared from some people inbox and they just reissued it but if you claimed it the first time it shows as already claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom