• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
what's equip wins?

is my opportunity limited cause of low NRG cap?

1. first you should probably listen to everyone else and stock up on awakening materials from the maze, but my guess is that at lvl 22 you don't have the storage for either the mats or the cactuars or even have that many units to level. that's why i'm suggesting to focus on finishing the story.

2. when i say 'equip wins' i mean just trying to get the limited time event equipment that is more easily available than trust master rewards. think 'creep mask' which was available for the halloween event. since then we've seen a lot of unit-specific equipment which takes the fun out of hunting for them, but if you see something you can use you should grab it.

3. if you're still on kolobos isle, my guess is you really aren't ready to compete in events or the arena in a serious way or in a sustained way at all. so honestly -- and kind people advised me the same when i started back in September -- just finish the story first. then the colosseum. do what you can in the events in the meantime.

_woLf

Did you get it the first time like a week ago? If so that is why. I guess it disappeared from some people inbox and they just reissued it but if you claimed it the first time it shows as already claimed.

ahh, yeah, i got it a week ago. I just figured it was an extra reward. huh.

thanks!

Ken

1. first you should probably listen to everyone else and stock up on awakening materials from the maze, but my guess is that at lvl 22 you don't have the storage for either the mats or the cactuars or even have that many units to level. that's why i'm suggesting to focus on finishing the story.

2. when i say 'equip wins' i mean just trying to get the limited time event equipment that is more easily available than trust master rewards. think 'creep mask' which was available for the halloween event. since then we've seen a lot of unit-specific equipment which takes the fun out of hunting for them, but if you see something you can use you should grab it.

3. if you're still on kolobos isle, my guess is you really aren't ready to compete in events or the arena in a serious way or in a sustained way at all. so honestly -- and kind people advised me the same when i started back in September -- just finish the story first. then the colosseum. do what you can in the events in the meantime.

how much of the story do i have left anyways?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I have 3 extra Zidanes on top of my TM unit now hitting 95.6 toward that DualWield. I also only really have Chiz (and Mercedes, lol) as top-tier DPS unit so far.

It's ok to just use one extra Zidane to polish off that first DW, right? I'd still have 2 in the bank.

tuffymon

I have 3 extra Zidanes on top of my TM unit now hitting 95.6 toward that DualWield. I also only really have Chiz (and Mercedes, lol) as top-tier DPS unit so far.

It's ok to just use one extra Zidane to polish off that first DW, right? I'd still have 2 in the bank.

I would have said yes, but you lost some of the effectiveness with that .6 over ;P

Also, I too am part of the Noctis didn't bless me club.

Malakhov

Banned
Rerolling for a friend, helping him get a decent party for starting up

HBculEi.jpg

Yeah, Charlotte's drop is alright :/

Menchi

I've not been on to post the last few days as I've come down with the flu blahh

I've been doing my daily pulls and over the last 3 days had 3 golds, which were...

Cecil - Finally! I can use him until WoL gets 6*
Xiao - My 2nd, but don't really have any real use for Kaiser Knuckles yet
Edgar - 5th or so. Machine Killer would have been nice for event

I'm really tempted by the bundle and it'd be the first time I've put money into the game, but I want to use the Amazon Coins as that saves me a little bit of money right?

Still no 5* or Noctis but the 300 Lapis daily should give me plenty tickets to splurge on the last day of his banner. I don't mind if I don't get him, just getting a plethora of units with decent TM to help TM farming along would be nice

chrono01

I would wait till after the raid. A lot of burst pots available.
Too late, evolved him last night. NO REGRETS!

The holiday bundle is exactly what I've been waiting for, so I put some money down. I want to hold on to the lapis for the 300 daily bundles and in case there's some crazy New Years deal that you use lapis to purchase, but I did use up the 3 tickets I had plus the 10 I got in the bundle.

Blue .... Charlotte.
Blue.... Charlotte. (SRSLY?)
Blue .... Chizuru. (That'll help the TM farming)
Blue .... Charlotte. (Okay... c'mon now)
Blue .... Charlotte. (MOTHERFUCKER)
Blue .... Miyuki. (Nice!! Sakurafubuki will be mine!)
Blue .... Anzelm. (It's been almost 4 days since I last pulled him! It's an xmas miracle!)
Blue .... Charlotte. (It's not even funny now.)
Blue.... Charlotte. (I don't have words.)
Blue .... Ludmille (should speed along DC farming)
Blue .... Cloud of Darkness (already have 2... but okay)
Blue .... Artemios (meh)
Blue .... Cloud of Darkness (really???)

So 13 pulls, all blue, 6 of which were Charlotte. Lud, Chiz, and Miyuki are the highlights, but that's just for TM farming purposes. Everything else is completely wasted for me.

Dayum.

The good news is that with the fusing, I'll be a day or two away from Blade Mastery and dualcast. So there's that. Oh, and of course I now have Charlotte's TM. I'm assuming that's most useful to throw on to one of the healers, right? Any shield in particular that stands out for that purpose?
:( So much :(.

Damn you, Charlotte.

Well, gang

74 tickets. 7-11 pulls

No rainbows

Only 1 Zidane (my first ever, been playing since soft launch)

No Firion

IDK MAN
Congrats on the Zidane? Sorry about everything else.

Don't worry Chrono, I'm still here and without a 5* base (and without a single rainbow crystal)!

Bought the bundle as well, between that, the daily and login bonus ticket I got :

Faris (4th or so)
Ingus (4th)
4* Medius
Yet another Charlotte
Our luck will change one of these days!

And there he is! One multi pull and Noctis is mine! Just missing Greg now.
Congrats, Hippo. :)

I'm so damned conflicted... I have had terrible luck with this game - I want to like it, but the only way I got a 5* base is with a re-roll, and she will probably be the only one. Twice I have spent all my lapis chasing characters I want to no avail. I want to quit, but I just don't seem able... I'm tired of looking at everybody's awesome teams, and scraping by with just 3 and 4* characters. I'm probably never going to do another 11-pull in this game. I'm truly happy for everyone on the board, but the rates are simply too terrible - at least for me. Everyone but a select few posters has multiple 5* base characters to work with...

The lapis is a great deal for THIS game, but if I spend it I am in for the long haul. And I'm still not sure that is going to happen yet. How do you do Amazon coins with IOS version of the game?

OTOH, bough FFVI and Chrono Trigger for my phone earlier today on sale, so I have all the FF I need to keep me happy for awhile now. Hence, my conflict with this damned game.
First of all, welcome back! Also, you're a fan of Chrono Trigger? I knew I liked you.

I'm right with you, in that I'll probably purchase the Lapis bundle but won't chase Noctis beyond what I've already spent. I'll hoard Lapis/Tickets, and try again when he returns later on. I have more than enough TM to work on, that I feel I don't even need to do daily pulls anymore, and it helps that the next several banners are trash. Plenty of time to get my box in-order and work on solidifying the best team(s) I can with what I have.

I'm hesitant, as you are, to spend the money on the Lapis bundle, since I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold out without a 5* base. If the events continue to get more difficult, and I'm unable to keep up, I'll be forced to either spend money until I can manage a 5*, give up on that particular piece of content, or quit entirely. Obviously, I'd rather it didn't come to any of those, but my luck for 5* (actually, rainbow crystals in general) has been pretty poor. Regardless, I'll purchase the bundle and just bank it until later, possibly when Tidus/Rikku's banner hits or Noctis gets a return alongside new units.

I wish us both luck. Congrats on your Chizuru/WoL, at least!

Orlandu banner is trash if you are not a whale. Don't delude yourself thinking you will pull him real quick and be done with it, don't commit the same mistake as I did with Noctis.

Orlandu will comeback in every single Player's Choice Banner or Anniversary Banner to be released together with much better unit.

I'll repeat one more time, Orlandu banner is Whale tier. You either go for him willing to spend nearly one thousand dollars or you are putting yourself in a situation where you will probably quit if you don't pull him.

No matter what, never ever go ham on a banner exclusively because of the 5* unit. This has been said a lot of time and I've always ignored it due to my early luck. Don't put yourself in a bad situation.
Yeah, I'm definitely not whaling for Orlandu. I want him, but not when the rest of the banner is trash (of which, I'll probably be pulling exclusively from). I might do a daily or two, but nothing beyond that. Not until he returns again later on.

I did post this to our Discordchat. Doing real life mogcake event atm.

Brilliant with coffee, raspberry jam in the middle.
This is so good.

A lot of people have him, because he is all OVER my FL... depressing
Yeah, my Friend List is filled with people from GAF (I love you all), and it doesn't help that a large majority of people here either got lucky with their pulls or whaled hard for Noctis. It's nice seeing him on my Friend List, but every time I do it reminds me that I didn't manage to pull him (out of 40-ish pulls). :(

I was taking a shower and suddenly feel like I WILL get Noctus, like no way I won't get it...
So here goes my last lapis...

pPge5Ngl.jpg

giphy.gif

2 FUCKING TROLL RAINBOW, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
I'm so devastated right now...
I have no words.

I am so sorry. That's just...wow.

Rerolling for a friend, helping him get a decent party for starting up

Yeah, Charlotte's drop is alright :/
I remember when people actually wanted Charlotte. Now we can't get rid of her. :/

leehom

Congrats gumi, you did it. This deal was too good to pass up. Went to bestbuy and picked up two $50 cards for $90 and I had about $20 in reward certs, so I paid $70.

Wait what, I can only purchase the chest of yuletide once? I was planning on purchasing two of them...

Congrats gumi, you did it. This deal was too good to pass up. Went to bestbuy and picked up two $50 cards for $90 and I had about $20 in reward certs, so I paid $70.

Wait what, I can only purchase the chest of yuletide once? I was planning on purchasing two of them...

Well now you have some backup funds?

leehom

Rainbow Lenna, lol...not spending anymore money on this game. Don't know what to do with the rest of my Google credit now.

_woLf

I am suddenly questioning whether my 300+ pull streak with no rainbows at all is better than having a troll rainbow

I think it is tbh

chrono01

I am suddenly questioning whether my 300+ pull streak with no rainbows at all is better than having a troll rainbow

I think it is tbh
Depends on the troll rainbow. If it's someone usable, such as Warrior of Light/Zidane/etc., I'd still take the troll rainbow, but if it's someone like Duane, I'd rather not get it at all.

tuffymon

Lenna is at least a good healer if you don't have Refia or Tilith, but does at least have a good Tm. It stings for sure, but way better than Duane, Gilbert, Galuf or many others for sure.

The posting has its up and downs in between an event. Tomorrow and Friday it'll pick up for sure, and always slows down near the end of the event. I wouldn't worry at least yet~

Kouriozan

Lenna's TM was the first premium one I ever got, but the SPR math don't make it really worth it.
Might be better to put it on draw attack tank.

Syntsui

This is the most active community thread of this forum, it's literally every single minute on the first page. Noctis won't separate us, we are stronger than him.

Lyrian

Those are some painful pulls, especially the double troll rainbow.

Daily +1 had another gold --> Cerius

New to me, but I've lost count at 5 or 6 non-banner golds this week. Chiz or Mercedes still nowhere to be found.

As an eagled-eyed redditor pointed out, if you read between the lines of the event announcement, not only is the event a raid event, but it is a bonus unit event as well. Will have to see how far I can level Medius and Cerius before the end of tomorrow.

Alkez

As an eagled-eyed redditor pointed out, if you read between the lines of the event announcement, not only is the event a raid event, but it is a bonus unit event as well. Will have to see how far I can level Medius and Cerius before the end of tomorrow.

I have one Cerius and one Medius. I just accepted that like the past events I will work out a way to carry them and continued TM farming lol.

Kouriozan

You mean this?

8Evl4I3.jpg

Pretty sure it's the standard "please summon"

FkqwYC7.png

chrono01

You mean this?

8Evl4I3.jpg

FkqwYC7.png
The "to obtain as much event points as possible" mention leads me to believe that you'll receive a bonus if you have them in your team. I guess we'll see soon enough!

I'm guessing something like 40% for the common ones (Cerius/Medius), 70% for Santa Roselia, and 100% for White Knight Noel.

robotuw

You mean this?

Yeah I don't think they would give bonuses for Medius or Cerius. They don't fit the event theme at all.

I hope that's the case at least. I don't want to pull for this banner other than maybe a Medius or two to TM farm.

chrono01

Yeah I don't think they would give bonuses for Medius or Cerius. They don't fit the event theme at all.

I hope that's the case at least. I don't want to pull for this banner other than maybe a Medius or two to TM farm.
I wouldn't say that Cerius/Medius don't fit the holiday theme. Lumps of coal are a common idea for those that have "been naughty" year-round, and Cerius/Medius definitely fit.

I wouldn't say that Cerius/Medius don't fit the holiday theme. Lumps of coal are a common idea for those that have "been naughty" year-round, and Cerius/Medius definitely fit.

Literally every unit on this banner is (probably) a lump of coal. Besides, I'm still salty we don't have Christmas Tree Exdeath.

Xion86

I find Cerius/Medius to be such random units for Christmas lol. But hey, it's all fun :). I'll be sticking to Daily pulls now anyway for this banner and more.

tuffymon

No offense, the only reason that double rainbow stings is that neither are a base 5 star (On or off banner... and really Hope being AFTER the 13 banner ><). Agrias is a good pull, and we know she has a great Tm and will stay beastly for awhile. Combine that with Garland and Chizuru, and I feel its not a bad pull.

Kouriozan

If there was bonus event they would have said it directly in the raid news, plus Japan never got bonus units for their raid.
No offense, the only reason that double rainbow stings is that neither are a base 5 star (On or off banner... and really Hope being AFTER the 13 banner ><). Agrias is a good pull, and we know she has a great Tm and will stay beastly for awhile. Combine that with Garland and Chizuru, and I feel its not a bad pull.
Already have Agrias though (and 3 Cecil/ 1 DKCecil so for Greatsword TMs I'm set lol)

Alkez

Lol. Just lol.

Rain-Deer was a missed opportunity. But at the same time I'm glad it's not going to just be themed versions of the story units. That would get old very quick. They've just received new versions of the story characters in JP as well.

Kouriozan

Just give me Agrias's 6* and enhancement ASAP so I can double dual wield holy explosion with Excaliburs my sadness away.
I call that the DDWHEWE

Syntsui

If there was bonus event they would have said it directly in the raid news, plus Japan never got bonus units for their raid.

Already have Agrias though (and 3 Cecil/ 1 DKCecil so for Greatsword TMs I'm set lol)
According to YouTube videos (bahamut and the guy from FFXI) raid events do have bonus units mechanics.

Here:

https://youtu.be/18n5rAPsvt0

https://youtu.be/WI9q7Iixf9k

I don't see why they would take this out.

Hmmm, at BraveExvius forum, there are multiple reports of bans on macro users.

End of an Era if true.
Impossible, they already authorized it. If anything people complaining were injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom