• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I wouldn't say that Cerius/Medius don't fit the holiday theme. Lumps of coal are a common idea for those that have "been naughty" year-round, and Cerius/Medius definitely fit.

Brutal.

I really want to believe in those two, I really do. But, man is that a serious stretch.

Medius -- Reddit thinks that his skills are the way they are because of future enhancements (still around 4 months away). Plausible, but frankly it's because he's base 3*, which will make him "usable" at 6*, but nowhere near top tier.

Cerius -- The lone green mage of the game currently. Sad thing is, CoD's or Tillith's resitance buffs outright obsolete her entire niche, outside of the narrow need for 70% fire/lightning/ice resists (shudders at the thought about ELT in the coming event). A shame, though that her strict upgrade unit already exists on JP (Minfilia), with Gumi deciding not to attempt to match power levels Cerius's upgrade. No stop cure is just criminal.

/sigh

I wanted to believe.

Alkez

Hmmm, at BraveExvius forum, there are multiple reports of bans on macro users.

End of an Era if true.

Glad I haven't bought the bundle yet. Will wait for these rumours to clear up. If it's true I am genuinely out. There's no way I have the time to manually do this.

Knowing Reddit they'll panick until we eventually learn the dude injected some TMs and was so angry he spread fake reports.

Lool you're probably right on this. I don't think it's true if I'm honest, they already said before that it was fine. But just in case I'll be patient. Wasn't going to get the bundle till the 26th anyways (may be getting some Google Play cards for Christmas).

Lol. Just lol.

Rain-Deer was a missed opportunity. But at the same time I'm glad it's not going to just be themed versions of the story units. That would get old very quick. They've just received new versions of the story characters in JP as well.

What were the new versions?

And are the not-freebie story characters (Luka, Charlotte, Mercedes) also getting alternates?

robotuw

Are the 6* abilities on Cerius and Medius in the wiki confirmed? That's depressing. They offer less than nothing compared to what's already out there.

Valentus

End of an Era if true.

Banned people of reddit community that encourages macro and even the have scripts and tutorials = 0

Banned people of a third order forum = one

I call this bullshit. Probably the guy injected tms and lapis

bonkeng

12k points to get all the rewards seems so little.

Until we realize each run gives us 10 points lol.

I really doubt we can get all the rewards without refreshing. I hope I'm wrong though.

Menchi

I do hope the 12k isn't too hard to get. The ranked rewards are pretty much locked off to the vast majority of the playerbase, so I feel the individual rewards should be realistically obtainable and the refreshing/refilling go to the whales/rank chasers

Zhadgon

Today I decide to spend 10 tickets for another chance at Noctis and get another Mercedes or Chizuru, eh... did not get any of three but got some new units:

Tellah (my fifth one)
Faris (my second one)
Firion x2 (new to me and got two, wtf)
Penelo (lost count of it)
Charlotte (the same as above)
Celes (new one)
Anzelm (can he just die)
Medius (new one)
Freya (new one)

So got four new units for my collection, only missing Kuja, Xiao, Leo, Garnet, Delita, Ramza, Rosa, Ingus, Luneth, Gilgamesh, Noctis and a bunch of special event characters (Elza, Tilith, etc.).

.n_n.

tuffymon

Looks like White Night Noel has usurped Cecil's seat as top tank, according to FFBE wiki.

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

He's a 5* base, so I wont be pulling him, ever.

That TM tho... +50 DEF +50 MAG 25% Ice Resist

I mean... in terms of looks, I think the giant magitek reindeer beats Cecil... but I wouldn't imagine Cecil getting knocked out that easily >.>;

3 different passives that give magic bonus, but not considered top tier as a mage type?

chrono01

Well, I received an iTunes gift card for Christmas so I used that to purchase the bundle. Not spending it now, I'm going to sit on it for better banners (even if it takes months) as well as the occasional daily. I'll definitely buy the daily two tickets + bonus items (for 300 lapis) and save those, as well. I'm really not interested in pulling more for this banner than I already have, as I have enough Charlotte to last a lifetime.

Whales

Banned

End of an Era if true.

lol ive been macroing nonstop since like 2 or 3 weeks ago

I swear if gumi bans me after all the $$$ I spent for noctis im going to flip my shit

I swear if gumi bans me after all the $$$ I spent for noctis im going to flip my shit

They're not banning a macro that, at its most efficient, automatically refreshes via Lapis, leading people to -- you guessed it -- buy more Lapis.

If anything, they'll just jack up difficulties by assuming that most people TM farm, which is completely the wrong thing to do.

Shouta

According to YouTube videos (bahamut and the guy from FFXI) raid events do have bonus units mechanics.

Here:

https://youtu.be/18n5rAPsvt0

https://youtu.be/WI9q7Iixf9k

I don't see why they would take this out.

Impossible, they already authorized it. If anything people complaining were injectors.

It's not bonus units. It's a bonus where the more times every player beats the Raid Boss, the amount you get per run goes up. Raid events are really nice because of that. Just gotta load up on your best units and smack the shit out of the boss.

Anyway, JP is getting a Raid event as well with the Monster Hunter Collab. That means I get to catch-up on TMs I've been sitting on. I've finished the Bracer I was working on with all those Gafgarions that have been sitting in my inventory. I'm now working on Werei's TM which is HP 20% and 40% Attack when equipped with a Great Sword. Gotta work on a bunch of other weapons like the new Lightning Great Sword and the Wind Spear as well.

bonkeng

Lol me too. I only stopped a few weeks when the Nox crash was getting ridiculously bad.

Changed back to Memu and didn't have any crash yesterday. Too many backlog of TMs to be done.

leehom

i'm still pretty damn bitter my second of all time rainbow was a goddamn Garland.

Bitter for like 2 hours
I feel you, my troll rainbow a few hours prior to yours still sting. I'm so bitter I'm not going to drop another cent on this game. I would've been happy with Lightning or Luneth too, which 99% of my friend list has.

To be fair, all I've spent is 48 on this current chest. For the amount of entertainment I get for what I've spent, I'd say I'm ahead of the curve.

Celegus

i'm still pretty damn bitter my second of all time rainbow was a goddamn Garland.

Bitter for like 2 hours

Woof. So many trolls. That crystal change seriously can't come soon enough, this is getting silly. I'm hoping it happens before the Tidus/Rikku banner, isn't that when JP did it? Nothing before that is really tempting me too much.

eggydoo

I mean... in terms of looks, I think the giant magitek reindeer beats Cecil... but I wouldn't imagine Cecil getting knocked out that easily >.>;

3 different passives that give magic bonus, but not considered top tier as a mage type?

His ice with paralyze sounds interesting...like a mini Noctis?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
HkBQG66.png

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif

So it turns out I have enough lapis for TWO 10+1 pulls, not just one. Totally forgot it's just 5k to do it. I first use the ticket from today and it's garbo. I then do both 10+1 pulls and of course no rainbows. The only thing I got from the banner was two more Mercedes and of course Charlottes. I do however get two Snows so now I can get Champion Belts as well as some other TM dupes most notable being another Hayate so I can have a second Black Cowl. The second banner not having any banner unit besides Charlotte feels like a sign that I shouldn't even spend money for Noctis but that top Christmas bundle is so good I figure I should at least do that as the SC and HC will be really helpful and SQ and energy ain't shabby either. I go ahead and of course first try out the tickets in the bundle in case I get super lucky. All shit with a couple troll golds. Now I know I shouldn't spend any more money but I have lapis for two more 10+1 pulls thanks to this bundle. I sigh and do the first 10+1 and it starts with a gold, whoopdy do, so did the other two I already did tonight and sure enough, it doesn't turn rainbow. BUT I quickly glance when it shows the rest like usual and the third or fourth one was my first rainbow!!! I hold my breath and start chanting out loud "Please be Noctis please be Noctis please be Noctis please god be Noctis" and the game rolls over to the rainbow and.....IT"S MOTHERFUCKING NOCTIS KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aglkjokaj40o5iujqa094e5wui9w0eie()_%iw0-9ia5-9ia0w-o95ir-0as9i-0asoi-sa09r-a9a-r9o

This Christmas bundle was literally a Christmas miracle within the game. Maybe it's true...maybe this bundle gives you plus massive rate chance for Noctis...I don't know but I got him, baby! I'm bursting with so much energy right now! So so happy, happiest this game has ever made me. My very first 5* base and it's the best one in the game and the one I really like as a character :D I'm tempted to do the other 10+1 pull as a yolo to get another Noctis but I know that's dumb, I'll save it as my rebuilding lapis effort.

Man did this shoot my interest in the game up and now that my rainbow curse has been broken, I pray to RNGesus that it is for my friends in this thread that have suffered the same fate too. With the Christmas spirit I bless Chrono and CCIE plus anyone else in torment with good fortune that shall bring them Noctis or whatever 5* base they most desire. I truly wish you guys luck. Play some Journey! Don't stop, belieeeeeving!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
SQUALL HELL YESSSSSS!!!! NOCTIS UP IN THIS MOFUCKA

They're screwing you out of lapis and you're going to give them more money?

We need to have a talk friend......

I got a refund from Apple, I told Gumi, we're square. (though i was angling for some sort of compensation i never got..)

I think they just don't have the ability to reward lapis if the purchase goes sideways. So if it happens again I just go straight to Apple.

chrono01

So it turns out I have enough lapis for TWO 10+1 pulls, not just one. Totally forgot it's just 5k to do it. I first use the ticket from today and it's garbo. I then do both 10+1 pulls and of course no rainbows. The only thing I got from the banner was two more Mercedes and of course Charlottes. I do however get two Snows so now I can get Champion Belts as well as some other TM dupes most notable being another Hayate so I can have a second Black Cowl. The second banner not having any banner unit besides Charlotte feels like a sign that I shouldn't even spend money for Noctis but that top Christmas bundle is so good I figure I should at least do that as the SC and HC will be really helpful and SQ and energy ain't shabby either. I go ahead and of course first try out the tickets in the bundle in case I get super lucky. All shit with a couple troll golds. Now I know I shouldn't spend any more money but I have lapis for two more 10+1 pulls thanks to this bundle. I sigh and do the first 10+1 and it starts with a gold, whoopdy do, so did the other two I already did tonight and sure enough, it doesn't turn rainbow. BUT I quickly glance when it shows the rest like usual and the third or fourth one was my first rainbow!!! I hold my breath and start chanting out loud "Please be Noctis please be Noctis please be Noctis please god be Noctis" and the game rolls over to the rainbow and.....IT"S MOTHERFUCKING NOCTIS KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aglkjokaj40o5iujqa094e5wui9w0eie()_%iw0-9ia5-9ia0w-o95ir-0as9i-0asoi-sa09r-a9a-r9o

This Christmas bundle was literally a Christmas miracle within the game. Maybe it's true...maybe this bundle gives you plus massive rate chance for Noctis...I don't know but I got him, baby! I'm bursting with so much energy right now! So so happy, happiest this game has ever made me. My very first 5* base and it's the best one in the game and the one I really like as a character :D I'm tempted to do the other 10+1 pull as a yolo to get another Noctis but I know that's dumb, I'll save it as my rebuilding lapis effort.

Man did this shoot my interest in the game up and now that my rainbow curse has been broken, I pray to RNGesus that it is for my friends in this thread that have suffered the same fate too. With the Christmas spirit I bless Chrono and CCIE plus anyone else in torment with good fortune that shall bring them Noctis or whatever 5* base they most desire. I truly wish you guys luck. Play some Journey! Don't stop, belieeeeeving!
Oh man, nice work. I'm happy for you, congrats! d(^_^))v

Whether there's a hidden rate-up or not for people who purchased the bundle, I'm not about to try. I know there's been a few people in this thread who got nothing but trash in their purchased 2x 10+1 pulls, so it's not a sure thing. It could just be a coincidence looking to be fact, and knowing my luck I'd further dis-prove it by not getting anything. If I didn't already have 3x Chizuru, a Mercedes and Charlotte, I probably would. But since I don't really need another dupe of any of the banner units, I'm going to call it quits here and wait for Noctis to return later. As much as I really want him, I'd be pulling just for him, and I know it won't end well for me.

I got a refund from Apple, I told Gumi, we're square. (though i was angling for some sort of compensation i never got..)

I think they just don't have the ability to reward lapis if the purchase goes sideways. So if it happens again I just go straight to Apple.
Finally, that nightmare is over! \o/

Congrats Squall, that's super exciting!! Happy for you :D

Heh... I have 5400 lapis to my name and I'm tempted to do a 10+1 even though I know it's a bad idea

Dude, you're now Noctis AsF.

Congrats!

I just wish we could pass the karmic luck around; I'm pulling (well, not literally -- though that might be an improvement) for Chrono, CCIE, and KillerDark. Note: I'm not saying y'all should pull on this banner. Just, you know, that we're rooting for you.

I want everyone in this community to have a Christmas miracle.

SQUALL HELL YESSSSSS!!!! NOCTIS UP IN THIS MOFUCKA

Thank you, brother. I'm so glad Apple refunded you in the end and hope you never go through that nonsense again!
Oh man, nice work. I'm happy for you, congrats! d(^_^))v

Whether there's a hidden rate-up or not for people who purchased the bundle, I'm not about to try. I know there's been a few people in this thread who got nothing but trash in their purchased 2x 10+1 pulls, so it's not a sure thing. It could just be a coincidence looking to be fact, and knowing my luck I'd further dis-prove it by not getting anything. If I didn't already have 3x Chizuru, a Mercedes and Charlotte, I probably would. But since I don't really need another dupe of any of the banner units, I'm going to call it quits here and wait for Noctis to return later. As much as I really want him, I'd be pulling just for him, and I know it won't end well for me.

Finally, that nightmare is over! \o/
Thank you, Chrono! I seriously hope your time is coming soon my friend. I know it feels bleek and unlikely as that's exactly how I felt until tonight. Hell, right before the pull that did it my resolve to spend money until I got him was eroding because it was just liquid shit after shit with the ticket pulls and laughable 10+1 pulls outside the two snows. It seemed like a bad omen and it just wasn't in the cards. At the end of the day, if you don't play you can't win but you already know that. What I'll say is the same as others stated, pull for banners not single units if you aren't willing to throw cash. This was truly a banner worth pulling but you've already obtained the other value from it so I totally understand you not wanting to waste more. I honestly would have given up too if I wasn't prepared to spend money. Not as bad as some people for sure but I still used almost 10+1's and 50 tickets plus dailies all week to try and get him. RNG is a bitch.
Congrats Squall!! So happy for you!
Thank you so much!
Congrats Squall, that's super exciting!! Happy for you :D

Heh... I have 5400 lapis to my name and I'm tempted to do a 10+1 even though I know it's a bad idea

Thank you, friend! Well just consider what you'll use it for. For me, I was willing to splurge all the F2P lapis because it's nothing but trash banners for quite a while unless they surprise us with a player's choice but if that doesn't go down on New Years, I wouldn't be surprised if they saved that for a little while after Orlandu hits. You don't want to chase Orlandu in his first banner, it's bad with no consolation prizes. I believe it's the same for Tidus. FFX where you can get Tidus and Rikku will be the next amazing banner if players choice doesn't hit first. If you want to save a massive stash for whatever awesome unit you covet next though do it. Honestly it's not a bad idea because we don't know when the player choice banner will hit and then you could have an awesome stash with amazing options. I think you have enough time to build up for it if you do one last big pull for Noctis but hey, that's one more 10+1 for the player choice if not. I'd weigh those two options for your final decision.

Dude, you're now Noctis AsF.

Congrats!

I just wish we could pass the karmic luck around; I'm pulling (well, not literally -- though that might be an improvement) for Chrono, CCIE, and KillerDark. Note: I'm not saying y'all should pull on this banner. Just, you know, that we're rooting for you.

I want everyone in this community to have a Christmas miracle.

Ha! Indeed until Squall hits. When that happens you can just call me Moby Dick because I will get that unit no matter what. No matter what.

Oh yeah, I'm praying for those guys now. I was in the exact same boat and now that I got a bone I'm hopeful they can too because I stopped believing I would, and yet it happened. I now truly believe it will just be a matter of time for them. Hell, this was how CCIE felt for WoL and he finally came to her. Next up for her is a 5* base! Just a matter of when that will be and when Chrono gets his will will dance in the streets. Nobody deserves a bone more. Love you Chrono.

bonkeng

Gratz and Welcome to NoctisGAF Club.

Now let's all hope together the chrono, CCIE and the rest gets Noctis on dailies today.

Malakhov

Banned
Bought the bundle but no more pulling from me on this banner. I've got Mercedes and Chizuru so I wont chase the unicorn.

I just want the nice stash of lapis and the 10 tickets for other banners. This was too good to pass on it. Gives me a nice reserve.

(to blow later on a stupid banner :( )

Gratz and Welcome to NoctisGAF Club.

Now let's all hope together the chrono, CCIE and the rest gets Noctis on dailies today.
Thanks, brother. Yes, lets put all our wishes and will power into these guys getting their desire. God I hope they do!
Squall, CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you

Thank you, darling! I'm crossing my fingers for you. You got WoL within your clutches so be confident that it's only a matter of time that a 5* will fall to you and we will all rejoice with you when it happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom