• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flambe

Both are as useful to me to me as DKC to be honest =P Maybe in a year when I finally get around to his TM I'll change my tune but he's just taking up a slot now

Muku

Gotta love this Charlotte banner. Alt and main got her today. Really should be called the Charlotte banner.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thanks for the invites zero and nia

While I'll be a bit slow due to vacation, I'll expand up to another 10 slots for gaffes because I love ya.

Opened up more slots for gaffes

077 602 847

Dunno how I didn't have you but added haha

Added both! Added 10 slots (thought 100 was hard cap, apparently not).

My ID is 737,150,495. Have a freshly-leveled Noctis, only TM is Dual Wield so far and no great equipment so far but using FREP to gradually get other TMs -- not as quickly as many here!

Apparently I maxed my friend points. How many friend gifts can you bank at a time? May switch to another gift type (maybe gil) to get that darned number off the corner of my screen...

Hey ExviusGAF! My brother started playing the game a week ago and is having a lot of fun.
I'd appreciate it if some of you could add him to your friend lists.
His name is Slevin and his ID is: 145 608 360

He has GAF in his message.

Added you guys too!

I think I have everyone here but not sure, have a few slots left, add me if we arent friends yet! My friend id is:

Menchi

Final Daily pull...

Gold...

Edgar... Again

Now do I spend every single ticket I have trying for him or not... Haven't even got a single banner character hah

Congratulations to ADawg & Panther though! Nice to see more of us get him, and I hope -everyone- who doesn't have him gets him, or at least a 5* base!

Where is Valentus today? I was going to ask him his opinion on Champion Belt versus Bracer for Noctis. I have two of each to farm. Or maybe equip one of each?

1. teach a gaffer to fish: http://www.ffbedb.com/tool/unit-calculator

2. it's (ATK +30 + HP +15%) vs. (ATK +30 + DEF +30). So it depends on what you're into.

Yeah they are really similar so I guess it doesn't matter much. I was just curious which stat is more valued between HP and DEF or rather, which would get more mileage. I'm thinking maybe HP because that's useful no matter what whereas defense can be ignored by certain attacks. Cool link though, I was wondering where people were number crunching. Wish I had a Brave Suit to put on him. I guess Black Belt Gi is the next best thing? Just need a Red Megacite and I can craft that for him. Oh wait, link blocked at work haha

Menchi

Where is Valentus today? I was going to ask him his opinion on Champion Belt versus Bracer for Noctis. I have two of each to farm. Or maybe equip one of each?

Not that is extremely likely you'll have two Luneth laying around, but I'd figure Celestial Gloves could be nice due to the MAG bonus and a lot of his attacks being hybrid

Otherwise, is as Panther says, you're looking at 15% HP vs 30 DEF as Noctis can't use Fist weapons

I'd probably value the HP more, as I shouldn't imagine you'll be straight tanking a bunch of stuff with Noctis so it helps with the AoE stuff more maybe.

Iceman829

Well decided to do another 10+1 pull for Noctis since everyone seems to pull him these days. I knew I shouldn't have after my daily was a 4* Sabin

Gold - Snow (dupe)
Cerius x2
Rydia
Shadow
Faris (new)
Zidane #5
Freya #4
Charlotte # gofuckyourself
Firion #2
Fang # Ihateyoutoo

I think I'll pass on their lapis holiday sale. I don't need anymore garbage. That puts me at about 100 pulls with nothing but TM units that I can't farm. The computer I was going to use had it's network card die before I could DL what I needed to setup FRep on my phone. So now I'm basically at the best my team will ever be unless I spend lots of money or manually battle 100000000 times on my phone. I don't even know what to do with my team now.

No Luneth's for me, Noctis is my first 5*. The good news is all the stuff I was farming for Charizo is the same stuff I'll want for Noctis so no time wasted there.

1. DW was close to 94% when I left for work this morning. Hopeing to hit 95 by the time we get the moogle from daily which will shoot him to 100 :D

2. Excalibur in the early 50's. I have 5 of him and thinking of merging two or three of them to speed things up. How many Excals should one keep? Thinking 3 in case someone dual wields them down the road.

3. Sakurafabuki is very early on. I have two other Miyukis so I could fuse one or keep them all so Chorizo can DW later down the road.

4. Black Cowl is early on. I have one other Hayate but I'm sure it would be nice to have two cowls.

5. Blade Mastery is early on.

I'm trying to decide what I should replace DW with when it finishes soon and what to use moogles on next. I'm thinking Excalibur for the moogles and as there isn't a body armor he can wear to farm, maybe replace DW with Bracer. It's tempting to put in the next DW but I'm going to follow Valentus' advice and focus on making one unit really powerful first.

No Luneth's for me, Noctis is my first 5*. The good news is all the stuff I was farming for Charizo is the same stuff I'll want for Noctis so no time wasted there.

1. DW was close to 94% when I left for work this morning. Hopeing to hit 95 by the time we get the moogle from daily which will shoot him to 100 :D

2. Excalibur in the early 50's. I have 5 of him and thinking of merging two or three of them to speed things up. How many Excals should one keep? Thinking 3 in case someone dual wields them down the road.

3. Sakurafabuki is very early on. I have two other Miyukis so I could fuse one or keep them all so Chorizo can DW later down the road.

4. Black Cowl is early on. I have one other Hayate but I'm sure it would be nice to have two cowls.

5. Blade Mastery is early on.

I'm trying to decide what I should replace DW with when it finishes soon and what to use moogles on next. I'm thinking Excalibur for the moogles and as there isn't a body armor he can wear to farm, maybe replace DW with Bracer. It's tempting to put in the next DW but I'm going to follow Valentus' advice and focus on making one unit really powerful first.

Getting DW will be huge! Congrats again :D

I decided to fuse 2 of my 4 duplicate Cecil's and now have my first Excalibur. Replaced Cecil with Chiz on the TM team, hopefully that is the right choice.

Menchi

(you might look at Noctis' limited armor options when thinking about HP vs. DEF needs)

I guess so, but DEF only covers physical damage, so there is that. It works out at around 5k HP vs 7K HP for a maxed Noctis with the Bracer. I'm not sure how much HP each point of DEF is worth, but I know WoL takes Winged Saint over Lightning Hammer which has +15% HP so maybe the DEF is more valuable? Then again, that's for a tank so expected to take more physical damage

It's a bit of a toss up and probably depends on what is actually easier to TM farm. Could go compromise and take one of each too, which works too!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Squall -- your TMRs are very much like my current situation once my Rising Sun is done. Got a DW and a Excal already, so that's good. Will work BM, another DW, and a couple bracers and a black cowl. And I don't have a Sakurfubuki yet.

Iceman -- I feel you man. That was my situation just a couple weeks ago. Even with my very recent Chiz/Noctis success, I can't consciously advise anyone to ever spend another dollar with this dumb company until they clean up their rates (1st) and their customer service (2nd). Zero fucking excuses. Until then, set up a TM farm macro and do your dailies. Have fun if you can. If you can't, there are hundreds of other games out there that cause much less heartache. :(

Menchi -- that is a smart take. good thoughts.

Not that is extremely likely you'll have two Luneth laying around, but I'd figure Celestial Gloves could be nice due to the MAG bonus and a lot of his attacks being hybrid

Otherwise, is as Panther says, you're looking at 15% HP vs 30 DEF as Noctis can't use Fist weapons

I'd probably value the HP more, as I shouldn't imagine you'll be straight tanking a bunch of stuff with Noctis so it helps with the AoE stuff more maybe.

It's a tough choice when looking at Bracer and Celestial Gloves...obviously if you can't use fists than eliminates the belt. Personally since I have two Luneth's I am going to give my top physical damage 1 of each. 1 bracer for the HP boost and 1 Glove for the all primary stats boost.

Grezak

A little late, but Congrats to all the new Noctis owners!

Removed some afkers from friendlist, 12 open spots left. Sharing Noctis which should have around 800 attack after I finish the next batch of TMs

ID: 348 992 659

Iceman829

Squall -- your TMRs are very much like my current situation once my Rising Sun is done. Got a DW and a Excal already, so that's good. Will work BM, another DW, and a couple bracers and a black cowl. And I don't have a Sakurfubuki yet.

Iceman -- I feel you man. That was my situation just a couple weeks ago. Even with my very recent Chiz/Noctis success, I can't consciously advise anyone to ever spend another dollar with this dumb company until they clean up their rates (1st) and their customer service (2nd). Zero fucking excuses. Until then, set up a TM farm macro and do your dailies. Have fun if you can. If you can't, there are hundreds of other games out there that cause much less heartache. :(

Menchi -- that is a smart take. good thoughts.

I can't setup macros. The only computer I had died and I have no need to buy one in my life. I use my phone for everything I need on a daily basis and should I have to work from home I bring a laptop home from work. I could technically install the software on that laptop since I have the admin password and rights, but that could also get me fired and I only work from home during poor weather and at nights as needed. There's really no way around it unless I want to buy a laptop/computer that I wouldn't really use.

The problem I've always had with the game is the only way to actually advance in the game is to not actually play it, but let a computer auto simulate battles for you. There is something overwhelming wrong with that. Sure if people unlock TMs quicker than the power creep shows up quicker and all that. The rates are crap and I'm used to that with other stupid games I've played. I've just never played a game where you just let a robot play for you for 100s of hours and show up to change out completed items.

I stay in the top 3k in arena and grind out the 70k moogles during events because when I go to sleep I can't hit simulate and each day I fall behind not because I don't play. I'm on more than most people, but because I can't click auto battle repeat for 12hrs. That shit pisses me off.

Zalasta

Daily was Fang. Been debating on the 10+1 pull but I know I'll most likely be disappointed. So I ended up using more tickets instead: Bedile, Duane, Locke...and finally Chiz. After 30+ attempts this banner, I'm glad I didn't end up empty handed.

bryt

A little late, but Congrats to all the new Noctis owners!

Removed some afkers from friendlist, 12 open spots left. Sharing Noctis which should have around 800 attack after I finish the next batch of TMs

ID: 348 992 659

Sent you a request!

Celegus

Added everyone on this page, but my list was full and I had to get rid of a certain someone that hasn't been on in 35 days... sadness... but seeing that everytime I checked was just a bummer. :( :(

Getting DW will be huge! Congrats again :D

I decided to fuse 2 of my 4 duplicate Cecil's and now have my first Excalibur. Replaced Cecil with Chiz on the TM team, hopefully that is the right choice.
Thanks! I'm very excited to at last have a DW soon. SOON. Congrats on Excal! Did you fuse the others at 0% or did you have multiple Cecils farming for a bit? Mine were pulled during this banner so they have no progress on them so just 5% a pop but still, I could do at least 2 and 10% is nothing to sneeze at. I want Chizo in the lineup but I can't get her to 6* anytime soon since she uses the same stuff as Noctis and I don't even have enough Calamity Gems and Writs for Noctis right now haha Need so many of those two items to get both of them up. So I'll probably stick with CoD in the meantime until I can get Chizo to 6*. At least I was able to get Refia to 6* right away so just have to finish leveling her. Super excited to have her at long last, a huge upgrade over Lenna.
I guess so, but DEF only covers physical damage, so there is that. It works out at around 5k HP vs 7K HP for a maxed Noctis with the Bracer. I'm not sure how much HP each point of DEF is worth, but I know WoL takes Winged Saint over Lightning Hammer which has +15% HP so maybe the DEF is more valuable? Then again, that's for a tank so expected to take more physical damage

It's a bit of a toss up and probably depends on what is actually easier to TM farm. Could go compromise and take one of each too, which works too!
That's a damn good point, DEF only impacts physical so all the more reason to value HP over it. Yeah, think I'll go Bracers for Noctis and can do belts later for my tank.

Congrats on already having a Excal and DW! I was going to do a couple Rising Suns myself down the road but now might not need to since I'll probably end up using Chorizo over CoD in most instances once she's 6*. After I fully deck out Noctis I'll probably focus on Chorizo next which would mean another DW, Cowl, minerva buster, and two more sakurafabukis. On second thought, I should do the champion belts for her instead of my tank since I only have two bracers. Oh...another Blade Mastery too.... so many.

Then there's a million other TMs on lower priority. It never ends haha Please rain some moogles on us, Gummi! I beg of you!

Thanks! I'm very excited to at last have a DW soon. SOON. Congrats on Excal! Did you fuse the others at 0% or did you have multiple Cecils farming for a bit? Mine were pulled during this banner so they have no progress on them so just 5% a pop but still, I could do at least 2 and 10% is nothing to sneeze at. I want Chizo in the lineup but I can't get her to 6* anytime soon since she uses the same stuff as Noctis and I don't even have enough Calamity Gems and Writs for Noctis right now haha Need so many of those two items to get both of them up. So I'll probably stick with CoD in the meantime until I can get Chizo to 6*. At least I was able to get Refia to 6* right away so just have to finish leveling her. Super excited to have her at long last, a huge upgrade over Lenna.

Yea DW is ridiculous how much of an impact it makes. I have one on my CoD (who I only got up to 100 a couple weeks ago) and it is amazing. Working on another one for my Chizuru but have like 90% to go still on that :\. Don't even have a good second weapon for either of them though.

Thanks, I am definitely glad to get it although I am not really sure who can use it best. Working on getting Bartz to 100 so maybe he can... otherwise looks like Cecil for now haha. I only had one Cecil with TM progress, he was at like 90.8% or something and I had 4 extra Cecil's (all at 0%) so after some advice here I decided to just fuse 2 of them into him to finish it. Haven't really been able to dedicate much energy to TM's lately, and when I have Memu has been crashing intermittently.

Ugh that sucks but yea you have to get Noct up first haha. Hopefully you can get those mats soon! Refia is awesome too, I was really happy to upgrade from Lenna to her as well :)

Finally the gods smile down on me!

Bought the 300 lapis pack w/ 2 tickets. Used them and my daily.

Pull #1 - Charlotte
Pull #2 - Galuf
Pull #3 - Galuf

I'm so happy now.
This makes 5 of my last 6 dailies bless me with Charlotte and my 4 tickets from the last 2 days grant me the honor of 2x Galuf, Shadow and a Cerius.

Other daily was a Golbez.

To add to that, I've been playing since day 1 of soft launch and have yet to get a base 5*.

Be jealous GAF.

Welcome to the club! Yea those pulls are gross :(. Hopefully our luck will change someday!

I know they say it's all based on luck, but there is no way they didn't bump of Charlotte to some stupid high % rate to screw everyone over.

I'm F2P and the idea that I've spent so much of my saved up lapis and tickets to get over a dozen Charlotte is disgusting.

It only continues to vindicate my refusal to spend any money on the game.

Menchi

To add to that, I've been playing since day 1 of soft launch and have yet to get a base 5*.

Welcome to the club! Yea those pulls are gross :(. Hopefully our luck will change someday!

I don't think there are too many of us left now? The problem I have is that, unless we get the base crystal change, it'll get harder and harder the more units that are released, as everything has a potential to be a rainbow unit at the moment. I'll be spending everything I have on the last day of Noctis banner either way, I think as there is unlikely to be any real reason to splurge until a -good- banner with Orlandu comes around.

LucaMac

I know they say it's all based on luck, but there is no way they didn't bump of Charlotte to some stupid high % rate to screw everyone over.

I'm F2P and the idea that I've spent so much of my saved up lapis and tickets to get over a dozen Charlotte is disgusting.

Since day one of soft launch here too and completely F2P. I did get the one base 5* (Delita) mind you. Even if he is the weakest of them I can't really complain without a cent spent.

creid

Before the maze is over: is it worth leveling a Snow, Firion, Garland, or Terra if I already have Cecil 6*, Chizuru 6*, and Exdeath 6*?
Reposting this before I forget. I know people have said Firion and Garland get good at 6*, but I'm not sure how good.

Lyrian

Grats to everyone on their Noctis pulls!

Laptop is kind of dying over the last few days because of a fan failure. Might be clogged up, so been trying to newbie-tier clean it out. Stress testing my first cleaning attempt currently.

No Noctis here, but I'm finally happy to at least land one of the banner golds -- Mercedes today. Chiz still eludes me, but I won't consider the banner a total loss now.

Kouriozan

Reposting this before I forget. I know people have said Firion and Garland get good at 6*, but I'm not sure how good.
If you have Double Hand, Garland, else Firion.
Firion will get his upgrade sooner than Garland.

If you wanna know about future proof, Firion is in the top 20 units in the Japanese version, and the only 3* base of it, due to godly enhancements.

Yea same here, F2P and playing since day one and have never seen a rainbow... spent everything I had on this banner too haha. Oh well!

Kouriozan

Wow, those last few % took too long x)

Ped2pjRl.png

Now it's Miyuki's turn to get a slot in my TM party.

Bonus : Donkey Kong Cecil can't choose between Light or Darkness

ootNttNl.png

(Calamité = Deathbringer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom