• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

So stupid

I wish we could get people to just use average teams. You dont need a good defending team

Reminds me of this amazing guy that helped me spam through my 5 orbs one day. I wish I could add him to my friends list just for making me laugh.

GOmb7SM.png

First world problems. When you have all that you could ask for but not a single Miyuki for Sakurafubuki :-(

2 Blade Mastery TM's and my best katana is chirijiraden. Can't unlock Chizuru's full potential without this!

Rixa

First world problems. When you have all that you could ask for but not a single Miyuki for Sakurafubuki :-(

2 Blade Mastery TM's and my best katana is chirijiraden. Can't unlock Chizuru's full potential without this!

Lets hope that Gilgamesh trial is doable and it would be here soonish. Reward is great katana.

Alkez

Glad I'm not the only one not feeling the arena this week. I haven't lost yet but not having dual cast just drags these fights out, especially against teams that have Cecil. I've gone from 1-2 turn kills to 4 turn minimum.

Menchi

The rankings for this are obscene... Rank 1 is at 62,155 points. At 160 points per run, that's 388 runs, in NRG terms that is 7,769 NRG. That's gotta be somewhere between 500-750 refills. Whattt?

The arena is always a total chore but every week I do the exact same thing and never switch my team. I try to do this as effortlessly as possible. I don't have any good TMs except dual wield either. This is my set up to go on 100+ chains during the course of the week.

Lighting - area blast
Luneth - hit all
Cecil - Curaja
CoD - Call of the Void (has my dual wield equipped)
Exdeath - dual meteor or wicked light depending on what's allowed.

I select thise skills and hit repeat. The enemy AI very very rarely will do anything to combat this. Yeah all my guys are 6* but I'm sure most of you can match this too. I've never struggled in the arena.

I should note both my lightning and luneth have shining splendors which put blind on the enemy team quite often.

Xion86

Cleared a couple of inactives, I have a 634 ATK Elza up if anyone would like to use her for the event. :)

Says user not found for me.

Daily pull was an Artemios, finally no Charlottes.

Finally off from work until the new year too :D. Time to use my NRG on the "Raid"...seems just like another event boss and his minions to me.

The rankings for this are obscene... Rank 1 is at 62,155 points. At 160 points per run, that's 388 runs, in NRG terms that is 7,769 NRG. That's gotta be somewhere between 500-750 refills. Whattt?

Is it possible that this always online game is quite hackable? I mean usually when you see top leader board scores like that in games it's due to hacking.

Whoa... that is insane. I haven't really looked at the ranking leaderboards for the numbers, but last I checked I was ranked somewhere around 570 at 4,785 points. I figured rank 1 would be exponentially higher, but not THAT high. Dear jeebus...

Menchi

robotuw

Yeah, it is either injecting dubious amounts of Lapis (70k+) or a true whale. So, none of us are getting in the top 30 looks like hah

When the event first started I spotted tuffymon in the top 30 and I was so proud of him/her. That's the last I saw of that though. I'm hoping I can at least stay in the top 10k but I doubt it since I'll stop as soon as I get all the individual rewards.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People are dumb. That is about what that means.

I dont know about that...just means they are really hardcore and are going for the Top Rank (unless they are cheating).

For more casual players alot of things Gaffers are doing could be described a dumb as well - spending crazy alot of money for specific Top Tier units you dont need to beat the game, spending alot of time and effort to farm TMs to make OP units even more OP, spend alot of time fighting Whale teams in Arena to make it into the Top Ranks and so on.

There will always be people that are more hardcore and have more time/money to spend on the game.

Raika

Says user not found for me.

Daily pull was an Artemios, finally no Charlottes.

Finally off from work until the new year too :D. Time to use my NRG on the "Raid"...seems just like another event boss and his minions to me.

We're already friends.

:p

Should have Shintoki add the link for the Discord chat in the OP. It'd be interesting to put voices to posters. Is it namely just active during daytime hours?

It's funny reading reactions to the leader board here. Did you expect anything less? As soon as I started reading about ranking I tuned out. Just no way anyone will compete with the epic whales. I just want to earn the 12k for individual awards and the whales will carry us to group reward victory ha

I'm pleased to read that you guys think it's very doable to get to 12k. I'm glad I saved the big NRG boost item from the Christmas bundle for this instead of using it on the maze. I want to say it's at least 120 NRG and then there's the 30 from Noctis Arrives plus what I can get from the dailies. Should be able to hit the Raid hard when I get out of work. Surprised I haven't seen much in the way of strategies for ELT. Is it so easy that you don't need one? Is the snowman only weak to fire?

Rixa

Should have Shintoki add the link for the Discord chat in the OP. It'd be interesting to put voices to posters. Is it namely just active during daytime hours?

No voice. I just like to type in chat.

You forgot that BE is Global, thus my daytime is probably very different than yours.
There has been 58 different nicks in chat.

Surprised I haven't seen much in the way of strategies for ELT. Is it so easy that you don't need one? Is the snowman only weak to fire?

It's not that challenging of a fight if you have a good squad. Essentially it's a large boss surrounded by 3 minions. Chaining together 3-4 AoE attacks wipes out the minions pretty consistently, especially if you bring along a good friend unit.

And then you can concentrate on the big bad boss. As long as you get it down to 50% in the first round, he wastes a round focusing his power and you can finish him off in the second round with single target attacks before he even has a chance to unleash any damage.

I'm running it with Chiz, Lightning, Firion and a friend for the AoE onslaught, Refia for embolden, and CoD for barrage/wipe up.

Where you can run into trouble is if the snowman attacks. He unleashes a whole slew of -aga spells including death, and he can easily wipe out a party if you're not careful. I always wait with CoD to make sure I can get him under the 50% mark in the first round. If I can't, I push out her omniveil and that usually protects my group enough to survive.

That's been my strategy.

Eidjinn

This raid event is a little underwhelming, it's just like the halloween event except with ranking and pooled point totals. Whatever though, free stuff!

I realized something doing the PRO version though. CoD is pretty much the best "budget" unit in the game. The utility and potential damage on her is crazy. She isn't human for "maneater". She has strong attacks, good defense. Elemental resist buff, protectga, esunaga and can even be bulit as a mage if you're so inclined. I have lots of 5* bases and I still keep CoD in every single party for challenging content. She literally never has a wasted turn.

Do you guys have a "favorite" unit like this? I don't really even like her backstory or design in this game, but she's just so damn good.

Mine is also CoD!
Omni-veil saved me so many times. Even buffed with Focus and Emboden, at least for my team, omni-veil has being essential.

Zalasta

This problem will continue to widen as they introduce more overpowered units with no intention of ever balancing the pvp, or fixing the pull rate. So people willing to spend more will continue to stay on top as more and more of these ranking events are introduced. It wasn't a big deal when it was just strictly pve where it didn't matter what other people are doing, but we are being pushed to stay competitive.

Anyway, my daily pull woe continues, today is Clyne. Don't think I've gotten a decent unit in like 2+ weeks.

No voice. I just like to type in chat.

You forgot that BE is Global, thus my daytime is probably very different than yours.
There has been 58 different nicks in chat.
I thought of that right as I hit post haha
It's not that challenging of a fight if you have a good squad. Essentially it's a large boss surrounded by 3 minions. Chaining together 3-4 AoE attacks wipes out the minions pretty consistently, especially if you bring along a good friend unit.

And then you can concentrate on the big bad boss. As long as you get it down to 50% in the first round, he wastes a round focusing his power and you can finish him off in the second round with single target attacks before he even has a chance to unleash any damage.

I'm running it with Chiz, Lightning, Firion and a friend for the AoE onslaught, Refia for embolden, and CoD for barrage/wipe up.

Where you can run into trouble is if the snowman attacks. He unleashes a whole slew of -aga spells including death, and he can easily wipe out a party if you're not careful. I always wait with CoD to make sure I can get him under the 50% mark in the first round. If I can't, I push out her omniveil and that usually protects my group enough to survive.

That's been my strategy.

Nice, I have a CoD ready with Omni-veil so I'll mimic that wait and see approach on the first half of his hp. Unfortunately my Refia isn't maxed yet so I don't have full life or embolden with her so I wonder if I should swap back to Lenna for Cheer in the meantime. I'll have to just see what kind of damage I can do with my characters where they are at, hopefully omni-veil will keep my ass alive worst case scenario haha So he doesn't have any particular weaknesses? I figured fire but think I saw someone here say he isn't weak to it. My ExDeath can either dual cast firaga or meteor depending.

I thought of that right as I hit post haha

Nice, I have a CoD ready with Omni-veil so I'll mimic that wait and see approach on the first half of his hp. Unfortunately my Refia isn't maxed yet so I don't have full life or embolden with her so I wonder if I should swap back to Lenna for Cheer in the meantime. I'll have to just see what kind of damage I can do with my characters where they are at, hopefully omni-veil will keep my ass alive worst case scenario haha So he doesn't have any particular weaknesses? I figured fire but think I saw someone here say he isn't weak to it. My ExDeath can either dual cast firaga or meteor depending.

I'm pretty sure he's weak to fire, actually. I just haven't had the need to focus on it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Event gives 650 rank... I think I'll get up to rank 80 and call it quits. Currently 77, and that's about 2x the points I need. That will put me 4 levels away from the full 8 hour recharge

So if they add in something good next week to it, I'll keep up.

Otherwise I'll just do the story content that should be releasing.

Few more spots

077 602 847

Valentus

ELT for me is just Too easy:

Noctis
Noctis
Noctis friend
Ramza
Gilgamesh
Exdeath

Turn 1

Ramza song
Fire flask
Fire flask
Fire flask
Dualcast firaga
Divider

If frosty isnt Dead, its agonizing

Then turn 2 normal attacks

End.

robotuw

Noctis
Noctis
Noctis friend
Ramza
Gilgamesh
Exdeath

Turn 1

Ramza song
Fire flask
Fire flask
Fire flask
Dualcast firaga
Divider

End.

That's been working for me too, minus a Noctis, Ramza, and Gilg.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yay!

Now I'm just patiently waiting for Miyuku to appear so I can feed her all of my moogles.

Grats - but honestly you should keep those Moogles for Dual Wield TM - unless you already have access to 3-4 Dual Wield Units. Top Tier Katana is nice to have - but Dual Wield is gamechanger for every unit.

Then again...might be some time until you pull Miyuki so who knows what will happen until then.

Azuran

Banned
Grats - but honestly you should keep those Moogles for Dual Wield TM - unless you already have access to 3-4 Dual Wield Units. Top Tier Katana is nice to have - but Dual Wield is gamechanger for every unit.

Then again...might be some time until you pull Miyuki so who knows what will happen until then.

I'm going to start working on another Zidane now and considering Miyuki is never going to appear, I'm positive he'll reach 100% by that time.

I want to get Sakurafubuki as quickly as possible because my plan right now is to make both my Elza and Lightning as strong as they can which means getting their current BiS gear.

Demon Scythe, Dual Wield, Power of Creation, Bracer x 2, and Black Cowl x2 are what's next on my list after Doublehand and Dualcast (fusing both Luds) are done.

Working on PoC and Genji Glove. Also running singles of Chorizo, Miyuki, and Zidane. After PoC and Genji Glove are done, I'll rotate in some dupes so I can fuse. I know it's not optimal...

At my last count, I have 7 Zidanes and already have one DW, something like 8 Chorizos, and 4 Miyukis.

Are 2 Sakurafubukis and 2 BMs enough? Or should I shoot for 3? I may want to reoptimize how I'm actually doing the farming.

Valentus

Working on PoC and Genji Glove. Also running singles of Chorizo, Miyuki, and Zidane. After PoC and Genji Glove are done, I'll rotate in some dupes so I can fuse. I know it's not optimal...

At my last count, I have 7 Zidanes and already have one DW, something like 8 Chorizos, and 4 Miyukis.

Are 2 Sakurafubukis and 2 BMs enough? Or should I shoot for 3? I may want to reoptimize how I'm actually doing the farming.

3 of your 6 party members Will Be damage dealers and those 3 for sure Will use katana... Unless you plan using Mercedes.

Syntsui

Actually, 4 of them might, if I run Lightning, Luneth, Greg, Noctis. Dammit. Okay, I'll shoot for 4 each. At least I can fuse some Chorizos.
The optimal number is still 3,IMO. For the absolute hardest possible content you will have to use a Healer + Support/Tank. 4 dps can only go so far.

chrono01

Hey ExviusGAF! My brother started playing the game a week ago and is having a lot of fun.
I'd appreciate it if some of you could add him to your friend lists.
His name is Slevin and his ID is: 145 608 360

He has GAF in his message.
Sorry, I just noticed this post. I'll add him later (assuming he has room). No 5* base, but I am leading with a DW Chizuru, so that's something.

My hunt for Charlotte continues:

Tix1: Xiao (3rd \o/)
Tix2: Gold to Rainbow Noctis (dupe)?????!
Tix3: Charlotte (95% now)

I still need one Charlotte. Now I hae a new unit to level too. F1 can wait (she is 6* lvl 1)
closedoor.gif

i randomly threw in my daily bundle tickets into the holiday banner out of boredom :eek:

so big lol
Congrats man.

Yeah, that unit is pretty massive, haha.

Fuck's sake.

3 tickets, 2 more blue crap.

Third is a Rainbow, the heartbeat slows..

aaand Vanille =|
:/

Daily: rainbow! Out popped a 5* Chizuru. Eehhh... Could have been worse even though I already have four of her. Can't complain!
Congrats on the Chizuru! Sorry it wasn't a Noctis. :(

Faris/Charlotte/Charlotte

My quest to waste everything I have for Noctis continues~!
No rest for the weary. Damn you, Charlotte.

Yeah, you should be able to collect them and go over the max, but not be able to start a quest till you're back down to your limit. That's bothered me for a while now.
Ugh, I hate this. I guess I'll have the 30x Cactuar rotting in my reward box for a while.

I got Noctis!

GAF, damm!!! Finally I'll be able to help, with something!
Congrats on the Noctis!

Well did 3 pulls on Noctis banner with tickets, got Zidane (my 3rd), Chizuru (my 2nd) and Tellah
First two are nice at least! I know, not a Noctis. The curse continues for us. :(

3 tickets
1. Blue Galuf
2. Blue Artemios
3. Omg omg omg rainbow

Yo there you are......
Finally after 66 pulls..
But no curse for this guy.

Congrats, linkent!

Noctis
Noctis
Noctis friend
Ramza
Gilgamesh
Exdeath

Turn 1

Ramza song
Fire flask
Fire flask
Fire flask
Dualcast firaga
Divider

End.
That F2P team, haha.

The boss is easy, though, even with my 5* base-less team (I did borrow a Noctis, though).

EDarkness

Damn, today ended up being pretty awesome. I did a daily pull (against my better judgement) and ended up with Fran. It was a bummer, so I decided to use a ticket and got Lani. Ugh. So I thought...just one more ticket. It was gold (I was hoping for Mercedes) so I got a little giddy. Then, it turned to rainbow! Oh man. Clicked it and it was...Lightning! Woo hoo! My first 5* base. I was hoping for Noctis, but Lightning works, too.

Too bad I don't have a real way to level her up at the moment. It's all good, though. At least I have another character to work on.

Just curious, will Noctis still be around even after his banner is finished?

NomarTyme

Damn, today ended up being pretty awesome. I did a daily pull (against my better judgement) and ended up with Fran. It was a bummer, so I decided to use a ticket and got Lani. Ugh. So I thought...just one more ticket. It was gold (I was hoping for Mercedes) so I got a little giddy. Then, it turned to rainbow! Oh man. Clicked it and it was...Lightning! Woo hoo! My first 5* base. I was hoping for Noctis, but Lightning works, too.

Too bad I don't have a real way to level her up at the moment. It's all good, though. At least I have another character to work on.

Noctis is permanent.

Also the Noctis banner been really bad for me. It's been over at least 30 ticket pulls and no chizzy. :( I want another chizzy!

chrono01

Congrats on the Goddess!

And yes, Noctis is permanent (thankfully).

Yes! After crashing early last night and getting no real TM farming done, Nox actually stayed up for the whole work day! Wooooo!

So as I need mats that I'll get from the Raid to get Noctis to 6*, would it still be better to share a 5* lvl 80 Noctis? Or should I stick with sharing 6* max ExDeath? I figure his dual firaga could be helpful for this event.

NomarTyme

Yes! After crashing early last night and getting no real TM farming done, Nox actually stayed up for the whole work day! Wooooo!

So as I need mats that I'll get from the Raid to get Noctis to 6*, would it still be better to share a 5* lvl 80 Noctis? Or should I stick with sharing 6* max ExDeath? I figure his dual firaga could be helpful for this event.

Yeah I would rather use a high level Exdeath for chaining purpose, but it's up to you!

EDarkness

Congrats on the Goddess!

And yes, Noctis is permanent (thankfully).

Noctis is permanent.

Also the Noctis banner been really bad for me. It's been over at least 30 ticket pulls and no chizzy. :( I want another chizzy!

Thanks, guys. I don't think I'm gonna get lucky on this banner, since my luck just got used up to get Lightning. But if there's a chance in the future, I won't feel so bad about not getting him now.

How difficult is the ELT Frosty event? I've been running PRO mostly and haven't tried the ELT version yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom