• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

New rules in arena suck. Have to really play careful and osmosis threats quickly before damage is done.

It's all about evasion tanks this week, which really suck....

Yeah I mean I'm not struggling in the arena at all and I just got wiped up like spilled noodles. Opponent:

Chiz + Noctis + Noctis + Lightning + Lightning

not even mad. Just kinda stunned.

... yeah, that team.

Faced it once early on. Pretty sure all of them had twenty sided dies on too. 5 evasion units is complete BS. Very luckily won and avoided that team ever since.

Thanks, guys. I don't think I'm gonna get lucky on this banner, since my luck just got used up to get Lightning. But if there's a chance in the future, I won't feel so bad about not getting him now.

How difficult is the ELT Frosty event? I've been running PRO mostly and haven't tried the ELT version yet.

Same as PRO, just tuned with tuned up numbers. Bring CoD for Omni-Veil as Frosty can quad nuke per turn. Otherwise, DPS, just like PRO. Cecil + Refia brings enough healing for ELT. Stupid presents are the worst part with the random Death casts.

I find it hilarious that Cerius is supposed to be the resist buffer for this event, but she can't do anything at all about Aeroga outside of her LB. And as there are no warm up floors before Frosty... welp.

Lapis spending on this event is insane. Pulling all energy into farming ELT and I'm still in 50,000th place. ROFL at the guy who already has 104k points.

Nikokuno

I'm currently want to step up my game since I'm struggling sometimes with some PRO/ELT event, my team is :

Fang
WOL
Vaan
Exdeath
Refia

I don't have Top Tier DPS (Noctis/Lunneth/Lightning/Gilgamesh) but I pullef Chizuru 1 week ago, had COD (but no Rising Sun), and Garland (but no 6* in GL 😔) on the bench right now.

I lack damage and chain. What do you think I could change in my squad? I found Vaan pretty bad overall but focus is great.

My only 'heavy' hitter is Exdeath, I need some Star Quartz for the 2nd earring and got The Wizard Rod with 355 mag.

I'm planning on farming some TM, but I'm kind of busy with holiday season. What are the best TM I should get? I hope configuring an emulator + macro script ain't hard though.

Lyrian

I'm currently want to step up my game since I'm struggling sometimes with some PRO/ELT event, my team is :

Fang
WOL
Vaan
Exdeath
Refia

I don't have Top Tier DPS (Noctis/Lunneth/Lightning/Gilgamesh) but I pullef Chizuru 1 week ago, had COD (but no Rising Sun), and Garland (but no 6* in GL ��) on the bench right now.

I lack damage and chain. What do you think I could change in my squad? I found Vaan pretty bad overall but focus is great.

My only 'heavy' hitter is Exdeath, I need some Star Quartz for the 2nd earring and got The Wizard Rod with 355 mag.

I'm planning on farming some TM, but I'm kind of busy with holiday season. What are the best TM I should get? I hope configuring an emulator + macro script ain't hard though.

You can Fire mage chain for major damage. Have any Arcs, Terras, or other Firaga casters: Firaga Caster List?

NomarTyme

Thanks, guys. I don't think I'm gonna get lucky on this banner, since my luck just got used up to get Lightning. But if there's a chance in the future, I won't feel so bad about not getting him now.

How difficult is the ELT Frosty event? I've been running PRO mostly and haven't tried the ELT version yet.

Depends on your current useful units. I have a strong chizzy and two 6 star exdeaths, that helps he kill him in 2 turns or less(depending on companions).

robotuw

Well I went ahead and piled all my moogles into Maxwell. My chances of getting another Zidane or my first Miyuki are minuscule so that seemed like the best bet. 85% instantly and I'll get the other 15% with the daily login bonus and the one from this event.

Kouriozan

I also used all my moogles on Maxwell, sitting at 93% now.
I think I'll really have to buy some unit slots to accept those Gigantuars.

EDarkness

I also used all my moogles on Maxwell, sitting at 93% now.
I think I'll really have to buy some unit slots to accept those Gigantuars.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's a bummer, man. But at most I can pull in 20, but 30? No way. Luckily, I have more than 10 slots already, but gonna have to spend some lapis to open up more slots. :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Actually, 4 of them might, if I run Lightning, Luneth, Greg, Noctis. Dammit. Okay, I'll shoot for 4 each. At least I can fuse some Chorizos.
You'll never need run 3 let alone 4 for any challenging content.

You need a tank and healer who won't be using them.

Depending on your supporr, ala noctis, then I can see 3.

But typically it's 1 tank, healer, support, and 2 damage. With a friend unit being a damage.

Two blade masters should be enough.

And once you beat gigla, you'll have another dual with katana.

It would be better to get a different tm

You'll never need run 3 let alone 4 for any challenging content.

You need a tank and healer who won't be using them.

Depending on your supporr, ala noctis, then I can see 3.

But typically it's 1 tank, healer, support, and 2 damage. With a friend unit being a damage.

Two blade masters should be enough.

And once you beat gigla, you'll have another dual with katana.

It would be better to get a different tm

Thanks! I'd completely forgotten about the Genji Blade (Greg Trial). At most then, like you say, it'll be 2 Sakuras (glad I have 3 Miyukis) and 2 BMs initially (because many Chorizos). Really appreciate the advice.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
DID WE REALLY ALL FACE THE SAME DAMN ARENA PARTY

... or are there just that many whales with the same builds?

BjIjiE0IQAAMJLh.jpg

evangd007

I had 38 tickets and decided to pull against the Noctis banner until I got Mercedes or ran out. Here are the results:

Blue -> Gold Refia (2)
Medius (1)
Arc (3)
Blue -> Gold Vanille (2)
Charlotte (3)
Gold Medius (2) - am I pulling on the wrong banner?
Lani (2)
Charlotte (4)
Gilbert (2)
Penelo (3)
Faris (3)
Alma (2)
Cecil (1) - thanks for breaking up that terrible streak Cecil
Krile (4)
Edge (2)
Gold Duane (2)
Blue -> Gold Shantotto (2) - these two pulls drove me up a wall
Exdeath (3)
Charlotte (5)
Bedile (2)
Shadow (2).
Cecil (2)
Blue -> Gold Mercedes - Victory!

Done with 15 tickets to spare. That's enough excitement for me today. I'm at a crossroads now with my tickets: on one hand I probably should save them since pulling Noctis is so unlikely, but on the other hand the next banners I'd want to pull against are several months away.

chrono01

I had 38 tickets and decided to pull against the Noctis banner until I got Mercedes or ran out. Here are the results:

Blue -> Gold Refia (2)
Medius (1)
Arc (3)
Blue -> Gold Vanille (2)
Charlotte (3)
Gold Medius (2) - am I pulling on the wrong banner?
Lani (2)
Charlotte (4)
Gilbert (2)
Penelo (3)
Faris (3)
Alma (2)
Cecil (1) - thanks for breaking up that terrible streak Cecil
Krile (4)
Edge (2)
Gold Duane (2)
Blue -> Gold Shantotto (2) - these two pulls drove me up a wall
Exdeath (3)
Charlotte (5)
Bedile (2)
Shadow (2).
Cecil (2)
Blue -> Gold Mercedes - Victory!

Done with 15 tickets to spare. That's enough excitement for me today. I'm at a crossroads now with my tickets: on one hand I probably should save them since pulling Noctis is so unlikely, but on the other hand the next banners I'd want to pull against are several months away.
What? 38 pulls and you didn't pull 3x Noctis? Given how common he is here, I think this is enough evidence to support the above claim as false.

Come back when you have a more believable story, like pulling two Noctis in a single daily pull. Then we'll believe you.

Flambe

Holy shit, you guys finally get to stop hearing my daily whining.

That one little ticket from Frosty event, fuckin' Noctis joins the crew! =o Now I have to figure out weapons for Noct, Lightning and Gilgamesh first world problems >.<

That one little ticket from Frosty event, fuckin' Noctis joins the crew! =o Now I have to figure out weapons for Noct, Lightning and Gilgamesh first world problems >.<

Congrats!!

You need to come on over to the Global version. Noctis for everyone!

Except me. ;_;

Looking like it's just you and me, kid. Who will hold out being Noctless the longest!!! *sigh*

NomarTyme

You need to come on over to the Global version. Noctis for everyone!

Except me. ;_;
Yep...

Apparently luck as forsaken me after the anniversary. That's why I've been working on TMs.
Judging from the last time you posted your roster, you have a lot of great TMs.

Watched Kingsglaive tonight (not bad for an extended video game trailer...). Will also watch Brotherhood. The Noctis love is real. I'm getting pumped.

Meanwhile. in FFBE-land, Nox (not Noc) is farming the shit out of things. I'll do some Frosty tomorrow, but honestly, I'm set. Besides, it's Orbfest in Record Keeper land too.

Love the holidays.

chrono01

Used five more tickets:

Edge (Dupe)
Duane (Dupe, Gold Troll)
Golbez (Dupe)
Mustadio (Dupe, Gold Troll)
Snow (Dupe, Gold Troll)

Fun times.

chrono01

Chrono I know you'll get that 5*. I KNOW IT.
Four more:

Faris (Dupe)
Fran (Dupe)
Russel (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)

Since the next few banners are trash, I'm tempted to just go through my remaining six tickets and just continue rage-pulling. Probably shouldn't though.

Edit: Did it anyway.

Alma (Dupe)
Lani (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)
Luna (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)

I officially give up. To make it worse, I accidentally summon for 500 Lapis using the tickets, got Edgar. :/

chrono01

Dupe Snow? = 2 champion belts, that would be so nice on for Firion.
It's my third Snow, so I didn't need him. :(

Anyway, I used my tickets just because the game is really boring me and I need something to re-energize my passion for it. I still log in daily and burn my energy and such, but it's becoming routine for me and I'm beginning not to care. It doesn't help that I continually pull TM units, but not the great characters themselves. I'm really not sure how much longer this game will hold my attention, and I'm beginning to regret spending money on it (Christmas bundle), especially since the tickets I got from them literally got me trash. I'm tempted to just go ahead and use the Lapis and fully commit to it all, but luck clearly isn't with me right now.

The game is great, but when you see people with multiple 5* base (not just here on GAF, but in general) it's getting really disheartening. I know others are in the same situation I am, but it doesn't make it any less depressing. I'm finishing off fully leveling all of my decent characters, and have nothing else to work on. If I got a Noctis/Lightning/Gilgamesh/etc, it would at least give me another goal. I just log in daily, do the content, and then wonder if it was even worth it.

I know 5* base characters aren't generally required for content (yet), but it's the principal of it. I've been playing since launch, pulled more times than I count, and still don't have one. To make it worse, I've only seen one rainbow crystal since the first 5* (Lightning) was released, and that was a Hayate troll. Nothing since then, and if I ever did get another and it ended up being a troll, well...I'm not so sure I could handle that.

Not quitting (obviously), but man this game has me in a defeated state right now (and I'm generally a pretty positive guy). At least I'll be away visiting family tomorrow (for the holidays), so I can put my mind on more important things.

Speaking of, Happy Holidays to all of you!

Four more:

Faris (Dupe)
Fran (Dupe)
Russel (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)

Since the next few banners are trash, I'm tempted to just go through my remaining six tickets and just continue rage-pulling. Probably shouldn't though.

Edit: Did it anyway.

Alma (Dupe)
Lani (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)
Luna (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)
Charlotte (Dupe)

I officially give up. To make it worse, I accidentally summon for 500 Lapis using the tickets, got Edgar. :/

I have no words. I'm so, so sorry. The lack of a "pity counter" in this game is unforgivable.

Muku

What a weird night. Been trying to claim my stupid daily rewards, just the RNG from dailies, and having connection problems. That isn't the weird part though...

Notice anything different here?

Thank you to whichever friend he belongs to. XD

His esper is Diablos.

across

Anyway, I used my tickets just because the game is really boring me and I need something to re-energize my passion for it. I still log in daily and burn my energy and such, but it's becoming routine for me and I'm beginning not to care.

For what it's worth, this was exactly the mindset I was in on the last (daily) day of the Noctis banner - absent some sort of goal or project, the game was not holding my interest much. I did 4x 11 pulls and spent 20-odd tickets with only a squad of Mercedes and a Miyuki to show for it in terms of beneficial units, complete with a trollbow Celes.

That it was a mistake in retrospect is fairly obvious, but at the time I was in the "eh, if I don't get anything, I'll just quit' frame of mind. Well, I didn't end up quitting (yet?) but my advice is to not burn your Lapis bridge unless you're absolutely sure you are done - I was in a very healthy place in terms of options and now I won't even be able to buy all the days of the 300 Lapis bundle. Tickets are one thing, and not necessarily an especially valuable one; Lapis is something different.

Muku

My Noctis has that setup and that atk. So...you're welcome? Guess he hadn't had enough of wreaking fools in the arena.

Guess he decided to help himself to some ass kicking. I remember choosing him on the run before those runs to kill Frosty. I do remember your name on the Noctis before doing that. I guess he didn't have enough so he kept at it. XD
Thanks connection errors?
He wrecked them good with my crew. <3

Happy holidays everyone. Chrono not sure if it's better but I've never seen a rainbow (lol). Spent all my resources on noct but nothing to show for it. During the FF13 event I really felt the same way that it was just a grind and almost stopped playing during it. Not sure why but I don't feel the same way lately, at least not all the time.

chrono01

I have no words. I'm so, so sorry. The lack of a "pity counter" in this game is unforgivable.
Man, I'd love a pity counter. :(

This is bullshit. Ive done over 60 pulls n no noctis
I'm going on 70+, thanks to the tickets I've spent. No Noctis here either. :(

For what it's worth, this was exactly the mindset I was in on the last (daily) day of the Noctis banner - absent some sort of goal or project, the game was not holding my interest much. I did 4x 11 pulls and spent 20-odd tickets with only a squad of Mercedes and a Miyuki to show for it in terms of beneficial units, complete with a trollbow Celes.

That it was a mistake in retrospect is fairly obvious, but at the time I was in the "eh, if I don't get anything, I'll just quit' frame of mind. Well, I didn't end up quitting (yet?) but my advice is to not burn your Lapis bridge unless you're absolutely sure you are done - I was in a very healthy place in terms of options and now I won't even be able to buy all the days of the 300 Lapis bundle. Tickets are one thing, and not necessarily an especially valuable one; Lapis is something different.
Yeah, I'm just going to step away from the game to cool off. Not going to rage-pull more than I have. Not going to dig myself any deeper.

Thanks everyone <3

Chrono I'm so sorry >.>
It's okay, I'll get through this.

Happy holidays everyone. Chrono not sure if it's better but I've never seen a rainbow (lol). Spent all my resources on noct but nothing to show for it. During the FF13 event I really felt the same way that it was just a grind and almost stopped playing during it. Not sure why but I don't feel the same way lately, at least not all the time.
I saw around four rainbows before the 5* implementation, go figure. :/

linkent

Sorry Brono, it is really depressing.
The feeling to give up on this game is clearly there for me too.

There is still few more days to get the 300lapis bundle and pulling on Noctis banner.
Hope you get yours soon as you deserve one.

Did another 11 pull, got nothing good again, Charlotte is at 80% now.

I hope the FFX banner(for Rikku) isn't coming for a good while, I'm down to 1200 lapis and no tickets and need time to get back up.(still got some missions left so I'm fine with buying the daily 300 bundle)

I've given up on Orlando.

Muku

Did another 11 pull, got nothing good again, Charlotte is at 80% now.

I hope the FFX banner(for Rikku) isn't coming for a good while, I'm down to 1200 lapis and no tickets and need time to get back up.(still got some missions left so I'm fine with buying the daily 300 bundle)

I've given up on Orlando.

I am going to have to find some kind of sacrifice to place on the alter once Orlandu comes out. Because I want him, but it's going to be hell.

Just did 5 pull for jollies.

1. Edgar
2. Cecil (my third now)
3. Miyuki (my fourth)
4. Medius
5. Rakshasa (New)

This game isn't going to give me a Christmas present I see.

I really hope you get something soon Chrono. No one deserves it more

Seconded.

Frankly, I wish we could gift units. I hate seeing someone in the community suffer like this. Not that it's about me -- it's not -- but I feel guilty, comparably, and while I realize there's variance in "progress," once you reach a certain # of pulls, you really do deserve a 5* base.

I don't know. I'll be rushing to the head of the line cheering Chrono's success when it happens, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom