• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up.

For this event Chirijiraden is better Katana than Sakurafubuki. Frosty the Snowman is weak to Fire.
Also equip Diabolos for that Demon Killer, since FtS is demon.

actually, for the tests i did, fire flask do more damage than warp break. And since fire flask is a fire based attack, sakurafubuki is better.

Ok I stand corrected. My Sakurafubuki should be ready in 2 days.

That pic is with him on Ifrit, but afterwards I put him on Diablos for this event (649 Ifrit vs 612 Diablos w/ the Killers).

I generally have been 2 or 3 turning it via:
Cecil: Focus
Refia: Embolden
CoD: Omni-Veil
Exdeath: DC Firaga
Noctis: Flame Flask
Friend Noctis: Flame Flask

The first attack usually kills the presents and does half or near-half damage to Frosty. If it did more than half I'll press repeat and kill him. If it did less than half, I'll have CoD do Call of the Void, Refia DC Curaja and Cecil Provoke. If he's still alive, repeat on T3 finishes it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just came home from the Christmas Family Dinner - earned a Ticket from the current Raid ....and finally.

screenshot_2016-12-249skef.png

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays everyone - take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Muku

As shitty as it is to get these damn Cactaur out.. I bought space reluctantly. Wasted quite a bit of Lapis. Maybe with this space I can get some good characters now? Did 5 pulls earlier for giggles...

-Fang
-Medius
-Golbez
-Rydia
-Oh snap gold! Fuck... another Hope. The Golds I get lately are only that POS asshole.

I kept the second Hope though for now for the Nue at some point. If I find I no longer need it by time I get it out the door he goes.
ie. First hope eats second hope for that Trust. Though after making me eat a clone, not sure I'd have much Trust in that person.

Kouriozan

Noctis is seriously too cheated for the Arena.

Here's a screen after I healed one stoned Chizuru and paralyzed Lightning. Thankfully I still won but damn!

cBKxH8yl.jpg
1sCafDcl.jpg

Sooooo, Gumi... Where's my Noctis?! You even made me don't get Greg so I earned him!

EDarkness

Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen and I'll pull Noctis.

I hope you get lucky!

I finally beat the Trial with the plant monster. I ended up taking someone's kitted out Gilgamesh and pretty much destroyed the plant. I was worried that I'd end up killing the branches out of order, but it worked out in the end. I'm just happy that I was finally able to kill that bastard and get the mace. CoD is happy now. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Going with the AoE method seems like the best way to go.

Gotta do trial with the cactaur now. Anyone have any good advice for that one?

wilstreak

Here's a screen after I healed one stoned Chizuru and paralyzed Lightning. Thankfully I still won but damn!

cBKxH8yl.jpg
1sCafDcl.jpg

Sooooo, Gumi... Where's my Noctis?! You even made me don't get Greg so I earned him!

without a doubt

There was one time where in the first turn i defeat every enemy member except Noctis (because damn Cecil protecting him), then goes his turn, Blizzard Flask

and 1 single near death Noctis decimate my entire team. Because Stop, poison, Paralyze, Sleep, etc.

LOL

At least please limit the Stop to 1 turn as you capped the damage.

Ken

is TM farming just spamming this:

Any battle with lowest possible energy (not counting Colosseum) will do. Earth Shrine dungeons are both 1 energy, thus maximizing the gain per energy ratio.

?

Lyrian

I finally beat the Trial with the plant monster. I ended up taking someone's kitted out Gilgamesh and pretty much destroyed the plant. I was worried that I'd end up killing the branches out of order, but it worked out in the end. I'm just happy that I was finally able to kill that bastard and get the mace. CoD is happy now. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Going with the AoE method seems like the best way to go.

Gotta do trial with the cactaur now. Anyone have any good advice for that one?

If you beat Antonella, Great Demon is trivial.

Just bring some damage consumables for the cactaur, and some Turbo Ethers/Elixirs if really needed.

Surging Menace Guide

Lyrian

is TM farming just spamming this:

?

Yes. Earth Shrine is where all TMs are farmed.

Entrance for speed, Exit if you want to farm LBs as well. Most do Entrance exclusively nowadays, as LB pots exist and are becoming more readily available.

cBKxH8yl.jpg
1sCafDcl.jpg

I can think of one true counter

CoD with Ribbon

And a beefed up Refia

Ken

Basically.

Yes. Earth Shrine is where all TMs are farmed.

Entrance for speed, Exit if you want to farm LBs as well. Most do Entrance exclusively nowadays, as LB pots exist and are becoming more readily available.

What are some high priority TMs to get? I was making a TM party and have uh 2 Zidanes, Miyuki, and a Chiz. I have 2 more Chiz if they're good?

Also an Arc.

Lyrian

What are some high priority TMs to get? I was making a TM party and have uh 2 Zidanes, Miyuki, and a Chiz. I have 2 more Chiz if they're good?

Also an Arc.

Click Me

Zidanes trump all. Get 2 Dual Wields.

Generally speaking,

Dual Wield/Cast --> Weapons --> Abilities that buff weapon damage (offensive buffs/masteries) --> Offense boosting equipment --> Defense/Longevity boosting abilities/gear --> Everything Else.

Ken

Click Me

Zidanes trump all. Get 2 Dual Wields.

Generally speaking,

Dual Wield/Cast --> Weapons --> Abilities that buff weapon damage (offensive buffs/masteries) --> Offense boosting equipment --> Defense/Longevity boosting abilities/gear --> Everything Else.

10k battles lol

Lyrian

Milestone: Hit the century mark in energy today. Yay me?

For what little it's worth, finished Medius+Cerius. Someday they might be marginally useful with enhancements....

... nah, they are 3* base units. Graphics are pretty though in their 6* forms.

Dollars to donuts, the award list for the event is surely only Week 1 awards. Far too easy to achieve all of these in a 14 day window.

Lyrian

10k battles lol

Well... yeah.

10% chance of a 0.1% skillup = 10 EN per skillup.

10 EN * 10 skillups = 100 EN per 1% (10 * 0.1)

100 EN * 100% = 10k EN needed per TM (100 * 100)

This is why macros exist. Because, it is insane to do this by hand (Rixa did it once to prove a point).

Still even with macros, a TM is going to take a really long time. Especially if you do not have dupes to fuse (or the TM is incredibly valuable and should never be fused, like Dual Wield). Lapis refills help, but the effectiveness of that is dependent on your rank and is not advised below rank 50.

Even then, trust moogles come along at a slow, regular pace to help the process along. That said, expect the TMs to probably take 1.5 to 2 months to complete without heavy lapis spending.

Dual wield is worth it though. It is that much of a game changer.

Signed,
A Rank 90 Player who still hasn't drawn a Zidane in half a year of playing this game
/grumble

Ken

Well... yeah.

10% chance of a 0.1% skillup = 10 EN per skillup.

10 EN * 10 skillups = 100 EN per 1% (10 * 0.1)

100 EN * 100% = 10k EN needed per TM (100 * 100)

This is why macros exist. Because, it is insane to do this by hand (Rixa did it once to prove a point).

Still even with macros, a TM is going to take a really long time. Especially if you do not have dupes to fuse (or the TM is incredibly valuable and should never be fused, like Dual Wield). Lapis refills help, but the effectiveness of that is dependent on your rank and is not advised below rank 50.

Even then, trust moogles come along at a slow, regular pace to help the process along. That said, expect the TMs to probably take 1.5 to 2 months to complete without heavy lapis spending.

Dual wield is worth it though. It is that much of a game changer.

Signed,
A Rank 90 Player who still hasn't drawn a Zidane in half a year of playing this game
/grumble

im still working towards my first 6* so i'll think about TM stuff later!

what's the recommended nonTM gear to get? i just finished the story yesterday and got all the basic espers

Lyrian

I agree, what's the point of releasing harder stages next week if we all got the individual rewards already.

Oh crap but I've barely done it yet... was counting on week 2. Hrmmmm

Still ~4.5 hours left in Day 2 of the event.

Global score is almost up to 300mm points now.

If the score reaches 350m by midnight server time, Global will be pacing to hit all the currently existing rewards by the end of Day 4.

Just running ELT on natural energy, I'm pacing to get all of the individual rewards by the end of Day 6.

No way Gumi lets the event sit with nothing to earn for over a week.

Then again, the total score is likely well ahead of schedule. The top 3 alone already have a cumulative half a million points. The current leader has lapped the entire individual reward list 22 times already. That's likely hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars/euros thrown at this event in the first two days...

Lyrian

im still working towards my first 6* so i'll think about TM stuff later!

what's the recommended nonTM gear to get? i just finished the story yesterday and got all the basic espers

Good idea. TMs are what you chase after you have completed everything else. You can stockpile trust moogles as they come until you reach that point in the game.

Level up those espers. The stat buffs alone are highly useful, as well as some of their abilities.

Non-TM gear? Kind of a short list.

-- Clear all of the Colosseum (through ADV).
-- Collect all gear/materia that is not locked to a specific unit from events as they come.
-- Collect all the important recipes from silver chest (stat buff abilities/resists).

That's really about it, I think.

Also an Arc.

Dual Wield and Blade Mastery should be the priorities of you can squeeze the Miyuki in with them then her as well. In a lot of cases weapons should come first but Blade Mastery is without a doubt the most important TM after DW/Genji Glove and DC

Celegus

Dual Wield and Blade Mastery should be the priorities of you can squeeze the Miyuki in with them then her as well. In a lot of cases weapons should come first but Blade Mastery is without a doubt the most important TM after DW/Genji Glove and DC

Is there ever an equivalent for other weapon types or are we doomed to katanas for everyone?

Tendo

This looks interesting but intimidating to get into. Gonna give it a shot over the holiday. Thanks for the first post resources!

Lyrian

This looks interesting but intimidating to get into. Gonna give it a shot over the holiday. Thanks for the first post resources!

Welcome to the thread, Tendo!

As a new player, focus on the story mode of the game to get a feel for it and pretty much ignore everything else at first. That will get you a basic feel for the game requiring no more knowledge of the game than how to play SNES Final Fantasies.

Also, the Beginner's Guide can be quite helpful in making sense of the game at first.

Enjoy the ride!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I have everyone on the Noctis banner (praise be to Cloud of Darkness herself) and I'm not remotely interested in any of the holiday units.

If I'm looking for particular units, I still need some very particular TMs, like Sakurafubuki (Miyuki), Genji Gloves (Gilga), Brave Suit (Ramza).

Save my tickets for the next great banner or pull for TMs?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. is it possible to make that image bigger? Santa can't see it from the North Pole

2. Congrats, you got yourself a VERY capable tank for the foreseeable future.

NomarTyme

I have everyone on the Noctis banner (praise be to Cloud of Darkness herself) and I'm not remotely interested in any of the holiday units.

If I'm looking for particular units, I still need some very particular TMs, like Sakurafubuki (Miyuki), Genji Gloves (Gilga), Brave Suit (Ramza).

Save my tickets for the next great banner or pull for TMs?

Maybe just do daily pulls for TMs. The next great banner is Rikku/Tidus... that won't be for a long ass time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom