• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Noel #2 on GAF I think, nice! Like a lot of us though, I'm skipping this banner. Noel seems useful enough, but the chances are so slim that I'd rather save the lapis. I have more than enough good units to keep me going for a while, my bigger priority now is getting their TMs good to go. Such a huge backlog. Chizuru, Miyuki, Maxwell, Hayate, Noctis, Zidane #3, Bartz (5), Charlotte (5), Celes (3), Mercedes.... yeesh! Current team is Snow 20%, Snow 20%, Ludmille 70%, Xiao 20%, Zidane #2 98%.

Raika

Thanks!

Oh shit! Best tank in the house!

He definitely makes his presence known alright, his sprite is HUUUUUUGE.

1. is it possible to make that image bigger? Santa can't see it from the North Pole

2. Congrats, you got yourself a VERY capable tank for the foreseeable future.

0aQ3JGJ.jpg

I believe Santa can see just fine. XD

Holy shit!! Congrats Raika!!!

Thanks! Left the crystal to bake for 10 minutes before opening, it was worth. :)

Most impressive, congratulations on the very fine unit!

Thank you! Can't wait to see what he can do, just gotta find a way to stuff these 50 gigantuars in my mail into my box... ;_;

I have everyone on the Noctis banner (praise be to Cloud of Darkness herself) and I'm not remotely interested in any of the holiday units.

If I'm looking for particular units, I still need some very particular TMs, like Sakurafubuki (Miyuki), Genji Gloves (Gilga), Brave Suit (Ramza).

Save my tickets for the next great banner or pull for TMs?

Save them, I'd say. Maybe do dailies (better chance of getting Miyuki these days), but I'm honestly spending any surplus lapis I have farming premium TMs rather than pulls, and once that's done, I'm going into full autopilot mode and effectively taking a break.

The only question I have to ask myself is whether I want to pull for quasi-story units (Elle, Luka, Dark Fina). I don't know-- I think we're set for a good long while.

NomarTyme

Noel #2 on GAF I think, nice! Like a lot of us though, I'm skipping this banner. Noel seems useful enough, but the chances are so slim that I'd rather save the lapis. I have more than enough good units to keep me going for a while, my bigger priority now is getting their TMs good to go. Such a huge backlog. Chizuru, Miyuki, Maxwell, Hayate, Noctis, Zidane #3, Bartz (5), Charlotte (5), Celes (3), Mercedes.... yeesh! Current team is Snow 20%, Snow 20%, Ludmille 70%, Xiao 20%, Zidane #2 98%.

Get on that Maxwell TM because it gave my Chizzy a 55 attack pt increase.

Adding more people again!

824,856,420. Gaffers only please.

_woLf

I only have 10 unit spots open and I can't really lose any units I currently have. I won't be able to claim the 20 or 30 gigantuars :(

EDarkness

I only have 10 unit spots open and I can't really lose any units I currently have. I won't be able to claim the 20 or 30 gigantuars :(

Sucks. I had to spend 400 lapis on more slots. I needed those cactuar in order to build up Lightning. A bummer that I had to spend the lapis. They really need to find another way to deliver this stuff.

I finally understand how multiple elements interact due to reading this: https://exviuswiki.com/Mechanics#Elemental_Resistance

However, I am unsure about one aspect:
"An attack can be infused with elements from the ability and the equipped weapon(s) only if it deals physical damage. Magical damage take element from the ability only." What are Hybrid Attacks with elemental effects treated as (Noct's Flasks, Bartz's Wind Shear, etc...)?

Ex: Noctis has Excalibur (Holy) and Chirijiraden (Fire) and uses Blizzard Flask (Ice). Will the attack only be Ice elemental or will the elemental resistances of all 3 get averaged (like it would be for Lightning with the same gear doing Ice Blitz)?

Also, just to clarify that I understand how the math itself works. Are these all correct?
- Two different elements. One hits 50% Weakness, the other hits 20% Weakness. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 135%.
- Two different elements. Both hit 20% Weakness. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 120%.
- Two different elements. One hits 20% Weakness, the other is Neutral. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 110%.
- Two different elements. One is 20% Weak, the other is 50% Resist. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 85%.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Saving my tickets ... for now. You all are kinda convincing. (weird how pulling a premier DPS does somewhat cure that itch, huh?)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^^ YES! Was one of the best days on ExviusGAF ever.

Whoa. Did you end up getting a 5* PantherLotus?

Yep, caught a rainbow and out popped a Noctis!

It was a few days ago and it's really changed my perception of the game. (Doesn't hurt that my pre-noctis team is particularly suited to go toe-to-toe with whales in the arena AND makes this event a piece of cake with any Noctis friend).

Current problem: I have both a Chizuru and a Noctis sitting at lvl 80 waiting for 6* materials. SMH. Also I have an inbox full of cactuars getting pretty ripe.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I ain't celebrating till Crono gets one -_-

And half way done with the event. Loving this raid. Great rewards and after it, the less I'll gave to any 6* mat will be 30 and 70 SC.

I'll also have 40 ticjets with the bundle and event.

As I said, hope 6* rain is this week. I have basically all the bases covered for the giglamesh fight already

EDarkness

^^ YES! Was one of the best days on ExviusGAF ever.

Yep, caught a rainbow and out popped a Noctis!

It was a few days ago and it's really changed my perception of the game. (Doesn't hurt that my pre-noctis team is particularly suited to go toe-to-toe with whales in the arena AND makes this event a piece of cake with any Noctis friend).

Current problem: I have both a Chizuru and a Noctis sitting at lvl 80 waiting for 6* materials. SMH. Also I have an inbox full of cactuars getting pretty ripe.

Oh damn, that's awesome. Congrats! I guess this banner has been good for us, since I got a 5* base, too. Didn't get Noctis, but got Lightning! All is right with the world. The interesting part is that I ended up getting Chizuru and got her capped at 100 and it changed my whole team. I ended up replacing my Maxwell with her and this group can handle ELT Frosty with not too much effort. Now that I have Lightning (currently 6* 59) I'm not sure what to do. I'll have to do a bit of experimenting to see what's gonna work going forward. The Colosseum is easy as hell now.

I ain't celebrating till Crono gets one -_-

Hell yeah. Chrono is due...and soon. It's a shame that Chrono has gone this long without one. :(

bonkeng

I finally understand how multiple elements interact due to reading this: https://exviuswiki.com/Mechanics#Elemental_Resistance

However, I am unsure about one aspect:
"An attack can be infused with elements from the ability and the equipped weapon(s) only if it deals physical damage. Magical damage take element from the ability only." What are Hybrid Attacks with elemental effects treated as (Noct's Flasks, Bartz's Wind Shear, etc...)?

Ex: Noctis has Excalibur (Holy) and Chirijiraden (Fire) and uses Blizzard Flask (Ice). Will the attack only be Ice elemental or will the elemental resistances of all 3 get averaged (like it would be for Lightning with the same gear doing Ice Blitz)?

Physical Abilities with Elements (i.e Lightning's Blitz) takes into account all elements involved. 1 from ability, up to 2 from weapons, for a total of 3 different elements per attack. (I'm 90% sure on this, not entirely though).

Hybrids are magical damage in nature, but takes both attack and mag stats to calculate damage((atk+mag)/2). It's element is what the ability provided (i.e Fire Flask always deals Fire damage regardless of weapons equipped). (also not entirely sure on this, but I'm 90% certain this is correct).

Also, just to clarify that I understand how the math itself works. Are these all correct?
- Two different elements. One hits 50% Weakness, the other hits 20% Weakness. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 135%.
- Two different elements. Both hit 20% Weakness. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 120%.
- Two different elements. One hits 20% Weakness, the other is Neutral. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 110%.
- Two different elements. One is 20% Weak, the other is 50% Resist. Averaging the two modifies damage output by 85%.

Yep, everything as you understand it to be.

Shouta

Physical Abilities with Elements (i.e Lightning's Blitz) takes into account all elements involved. 1 from ability, up to 2 from weapons, for a total of 3 different elements per attack. (I'm 90% sure on this, not entirely though).

Hybrids are magical damage in nature, but takes both attack and mag stats to calculate damage((atk+mag)/2). It's element is what the ability provided (i.e Fire Flask always deals Fire damage regardless of weapons equipped). (also not entirely sure on this, but I'm 90% certain this is correct).

Yep, everything as you understand it to be.

Correct. Physical attacks can take on the property of their weapons while magical attacks cannot. This is a key point in doing the Gilgamesh challenge boss.

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is having a great one. Thanks to everyone sharing their Noct's , not sure I'd be able to do ELT without it!

EDarkness

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy Holidays, too.

I hope everyone has a great day and is able to spend it with people they care about. Remember to have fun and pull responsibly.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy Holidays, too.

I hope everyone has a great day and is able to spend it with people they care about. Remember to have fun and pull responsibly.

Too late for the pull responsibly. Spent the holiday tickets and daily bundle tickets on Noctis banner...

Clyne
Kefka (3rd or 4th)
Charlotte x2 (cause everyone needs more Charlotte)
Clyne
Garnet (blue to gold)
Arc (3rd)

Blah, should've saved them but I really want noct :. Oh well.

Like you said, I hope everyone has a great day and can spend it with people they care about! Gonna spend my energy and then time for bed, looking forward to hanging out with my family in the morning

Muku

HOLY SHITTT!!!!! Daily pull... Gold.... oh god a troll... goes to Rainbow.. okay now it's going to be a fucking troll. NOEL!!

No Christmas miracle for me. Used the gift and 300 lapis tickets for 7 pulls on the Noctis banner. All blues: 2 Charlottes, Cyan, Anzelm, Locke, Maria, and Tellah.

Crappiest pulls I've had in a while.

Oh well.

Muku

Grats!!

Decided to use all 8 of my tickets chasing Chizuru and got junk except Mercedes.

Thank you!! I've never gotten a Rainbow on just a daily pull. Was expecting absolute rubbish. But I did get my Christmas 5*. :O

Just earned the x30 Cactaur from event. Loading him up on those now.

EDarkness

Heh, heh. Lots of pulls going on in here. Congrats on getting a good pull, Muku!

I decided to do a couple of pulls to chase after Mercedes, but ended up with Charlotte (up to 30% now) and Cyan. I figured I'd stop there. Didn't seem worth it to burn through more tickets for crap. Gotta save for Tidus!

Muku

Heh, heh. Lots of pulls going on in here. Congrats on getting a good pull, Muku!

I decided to do a couple of pulls to chase after Mercedes, but ended up with Charlotte (up to 30% now) and Cyan. I figured I'd stop there. Didn't seem worth it to burn through more tickets for crap. Gotta save for Tidus!

Thank you~

Seems like now is the time to stop with Charlotte and Cyan. Ugh. Mercedes is also a unicorn. I don't think she exists.

Also why the shit is my Noel locked and he cover up his lock? I was freaking out thinking when I went to lock him earlier he didn't actually get locked. He is. Just hiding it. WTF. Show me it so I can stop freaking every time Gumi

Muku

Gratz Muku, that's a "huge" Christmas gift you got from Gumi.

Dude you ain't even lying. Bitch is so big he covers his lock. WTF. Also, I'm afraid to put him in my group. Will he blot out the sun and the rest of my group? :x And thank you~!

bonkeng

Dude you ain't even lying. Bitch is so big he covers his lock. WTF. Also, I'm afraid to put him in my group. Will he blot out the sun and the rest of my group? :x And thank you~!

Lol. He's gonna carry everyone on his mecha-reindeer.

But his size does play a minor strategy in the Arena. Set him at slot 3 or 5 and he'll completely cover slot 2 or 4.

Andvary

HOLY SHITTT!!!!! Daily pull... Gold.... oh god a troll... goes to Rainbow.. okay now it's going to be a fucking troll. NOEL!!

Congrats Muku!

8 tickets, I got my first Firion, the rest were dupes (including 3 charlottes, 1 Rakshasha and 1 Penelo)

The 5 tickets got me Amarant and Garnet which is pretty cool. I have every ff9 unit but Freya now. I think Freya was a unit.... Right?

Still throwing everything I can hoping for Noctis.

Muku

Congrats Muku!

8 tickets, I got my first Firion, the rest were dupes (including 3 charlottes, 1 Rakshasha and 1 Penelo)

Thank you! :D

But his size does play a minor strategy in the Arena. Set him at slot 3 or 5 and he'll completely cover slot 2 or 4.

Holy shit dude I'm totally gonna do that when I get him up. Just had him jack Charlotte's stuff for now. Including the Black Belt. Gave him Golem's Staff, too. Is that too evil?

why does defense matter? i make sure not to use Cecil on my arena team cause I know how fucking annoying it is to fight him

Raika

Grats! Dat sweet relief when the rainbow turns out to be legit. XD

Gimu should really implement base rarity changes soon, seeing a rainbow should be 100% joy, no dread involved. D:

EDarkness

why does defense matter? i make sure not to use Cecil on my arena team cause I know how fucking annoying it is to fight him

Heh, heh. That's good...thinking about your opponent.

I've been thinking about an all offense group since I don't run with a healer and I generally have WoL tanking. WoL doesn't do much so he's pretty much a wasted space. Filling that spot with a good damage dealer may be a good way to go.

Muku

Grats! Dat sweet relief when the rainbow turns out to be legit. XD

Gimu should really implement base rarity changes soon, seeing a rainbow should be 100% joy, no dread involved. D:

Thank you! And I totally agree. If I see a Rainbow I shouldn't think "Oh god, it could be a Galuf." Because no one wants Galuf, Gumi.

bonkeng

I never said it matters. Just that if you want to fuck people up in Arena, that's one way to do it.

I personally removed Cecil from my Arena team, no point playing defense.

Muku

Congrats Muku, that's an awesome pull!

Thank you! :D Had just gotten Charlotte up to cap with this Maze thing. :( She was going to be my secondary tank if I needed. She'll probably be back up tank to Cecil and Noel now.

I removed Cecil from my Arena team when I got Chizuru up to 6*. Smoother, quicker runs blowing shit up with her, CoD, Luneth, Refia (for knocking out CoD asshats), and Exdeath. Though, running Noel just to be annoying might be fun. XD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did 6 pulls thanks to the Tickets we got - they were all pretty good only sucks that they were all dupes.

Ludmille dupe
Luna dupe
Refia Gold dupe
Freyja dupe
Vaan dupe
WoL Gold dupe

Well could be worse. Grats Muku - at least one Rainbow to celebrate on this page heh.

Jayhawk

Question regarding TMRs, is there a need for Double Hand if I have three Zidane I am macroing for Dual Wield? Trying to figure out how to make space for the raid gigantuars. Gonna need to fuse some dupe 3 and 4 stars. I have a bunch of Shantotto and Amarant as well...

linkent

Gratz Muku and Raika for Noel!

Did 6 pulls thanks to the Tickets we got - they were all pretty good only sucks that they were all dupes.

Well could be worse. Grats Muku - at least one Rainbow to celebrate on this page heh.
That is seriously not bad at all.
Hoping to get WoL one day.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Question regarding TMRs, is there a need for Double Hand if I have three Zidane I am macroing for Dual Wield? Trying to figure out how to make space for the raid gigantuars. Gonna need to fuse some dupe 3 and 4 stars. I have a bunch of Shantotto and Amarant as well...

You wanna work on one Double Hand if you plan on using Garlands 6* version when it arrives soon. Otherwise there is no need since Dual Wield is way superior.
That is seriously not bad at all.
Hoping to get WoL one day.

Yeah im not complaining - but since im not TM farming or anything right now dupes dont mean much for me and i wont use a second Refia or WoL in my team...heh.

Still better than Shadow and Fran though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom