• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Okay, time to catch up on posts.

I ain't celebrating till Crono gets one -_-

Hell yeah. Chrono is due...and soon. It's a shame that Chrono has gone this long without one. :(
One day. One day!! I must remain patient.

HOLY SHITTT!!!!! Daily pull... Gold.... oh god a troll... goes to Rainbow.. okay now it's going to be a fucking troll. NOEL!!
Nice, congrats! From everything I've seen/read, he's a pretty great tank. Nice pull!

Merry Christmas Chrono!
And to you as well. :)

Just woke up and I decided to do a 10 +1 pull for Christmas. RNGesus decided to give a great present, my second rainbow crystal, Noctis!
It's a Christmas miracle. Congrats!

Seeing lightning in game makes me sad I missed her launch? Her sprite looks awesome!
She has a nice sprite, but it doesn't beat Noctis. His is insane.

BTW, sorry if I missed anyone on the congratulations. Busy here, given the holiday and all. >_<

Tendo

She has a nice sprite, but it doesn't beat Noctis. His is insane.

BTW, sorry if I missed anyone on the congratulations. Busy here, given the holiday and all. >_<

How long will this event going? And how is he obtained? Really digging the characters in 15 more than I thought I would.

Muku

Thank you Chrono! I look forward to trying him out. He's almost 5* capped. The event this week will have Cactaur. Was going to not bother but now I have him I gotta get him up so will probably do it some.

I'm kind of curious about him and not sure. He gets boosted MAG with a Rod and DEF with a shield. Read on Exvius Wiki that you can wear MAG stuff (robes and the like) because his DEF is pretty good? Anyone that might be able to help me out with him? I'd like to prep him well enough and look like I know WTF I'm doing with him. He's kind of confusing to me.

Ken

which espers do i level up? everything but siren?

and is leveling them just farming phantom forest over and over for the green magicite? :(

Muku

and is leveling them just farming phantom forest over and over for the green magicite? :(

I level/ed them all. I ended up capping Siren a while back. Finally got Carbuncle to 2* though and swapped to him. I like him better, he gives my healer a little more SPR, and she has Bar spells in case she doesn't need to heal. Right now my Carby isn't even near capping at 2* but I like him better. Siren and Ifrit are only ones I've capped right now. But all are 2* now

I got my Magecite from all over. From questing, from running through things first time, from farming certain areas for items, etc. That and I'd be bleeding from my eyes if I only did Phantom Forest over and over. I did in beginning for dailies which netted me a lot of Green Magecite originally. But I dunno. I prefer getting mine from doing things and all. Esper leveling for me kind of came second over other things. TM farming, questing, and getting through story always came/come first.

robotuw

Diablos until you can get the human and demon killer passives. Irfrit if your best unit is physical. Ramuh if your best unit is a mage. Golem until you get provoke. Probably in that order if you have no strong preference. Carbuncle and Siren are the least useful espers right now. Probably all but Siren are worth maxing at some point.

Muku

Diablos until you can get the human and demon killer passives. Irfrit if your best unit is physical. Ramuh if your best unit is a mage. Golem until you get provoke. Probably in that order if you have no strong preference. Carbuncle and Siren are the least useful espers right now. Probably all but Siren are worth maxing at some point.

Very good point, get Provoke on Golem ASAP. I figured tanks in this game would get something to taunt, but no. You really do need Provoke on Golem. I got it recently after this discovery. I'm sure it'll make some things easier going forward.

Valentus

Just one more materia (HP+30%) and my refia will be finished.

Screenshot_2016-12-25-21-29-43.png

Screenshot_2016-12-25-21-29-51.png

Screenshot_2016-12-25-21-29-58.png

Im thinking of getting another black cowl for refia because is the hat that gives most DEF and SPR to her. But im satisfied with how she turned now.

Muku

i wish i had a refia :(

thought about trying to get a santa roselia to replace my krile

Krile your healer right now? If so I'd say it might be worth it. But she's 5* base, right? Might be tricky. :( Could get Noel in process too. (Which isn't bad! Just not a healer.)

Ken

Krile your healer right now? If so I'd say it might be worth it. But she's 5* base, right? Might be tricky. :( Could get Noel in process too. (Which isn't bad! Just not a healer.)

i pulled a noel like an hour after event started lol :(

looks like she's 4* base according to wiki and yeah, krile is my current healer

Muku

Is there a deadline we have to accept these cactuars by? Don't have the unit spaces right now and don't really want to burn the lapis

Think we have 30 days? Not sure. Reluctantly bought space on both accounts and using them as I get them. Because I know it'll be thrown down list and forgotten about.

i pulled a noel like an hour after event started lol :(

looks like she's 4* base according to wiki and yeah, krile is my current healer

Awww. Congrats on the Noel though! Ahhh Santa Rose is 4*? Hm well that's a bit better than I thought. (Though for me the Golds I get that stay Gold are freaking Hope, ugh.) Good luck if you try for her! Surprised you haven't at least gotten Lenna. :( She was a nice tide over from Maria and before I got Refia. But I pulled hard to get Refia.

Ken

Think we have 30 days? Not sure. Reluctantly bought space on both accounts and using them as I get them. Because I know it'll be thrown down list and forgotten about.

Awww. Congrats on the Noel though! Ahhh Santa Rose is 4*? Hm well that's a bit better than I thought. (Though for me the Golds I get that stay Gold are freaking Hope, ugh.) Good luck if you try for her! Surprised you haven't at least gotten Lenna. :( She was a nice tide over from Maria and before I got Refia. But I pulled hard to get Refia.

i have a lenna but i swapped her out for krile when i got the latter. should i go back to lenna?

i only started playing like a week or two ago so i was just going by the unit rankings.

Muku

i have a lenna but i swapped her out for krile when i got the latter. should i go back to lenna?

i only started playing like a week or two ago so i was just going by the unit rankings.

Guess it's up to you. Krile has some damage if I recall right (been a long time since I used her, and never really used her as my main hearler) which is nice, but I liked Lenna a lot.

The bonus for Krile is Dual Cast. Lenna has Cheer which came in handy a ton. Plus Lenna has Dispel and Esuna which I found helpful. Ended up crafting her a Stona too, in case.

As much as I love RDMs (mained one in FFXI and loved it .. RDM/NIN. Secondary play was THF/NIN and vice versa.. loved that combo too.), they get no love. As we say, jack of all trades and master of none.

Lyrian

Just one more materia (HP+30%) and my refia will be finished.

Im thinking of getting another black cowl for refia because is the hat that gives most DEF and SPR to her. But im satisfied with how she turned now.

Impressive Refia, for sure.

tuffymon

When the event first started I spotted tuffymon in the top 30 and I was so proud of him/her. That's the last I saw of that though. I'm hoping I can at least stay in the top 10k but I doubt it since I'll stop as soon as I get all the individual rewards.

It went all downhill from there t.t. Happy Holidays to all and grats to all the new 5* users. Visiting family for a week, so this event is awesome for me. I've had some nice pulls from all the tickets, but I'm still a member of the Noctless club.

Ken

Guess it's up to you. Krile has some damage if I recall right (been a long time since I used her, and never really used her as my main hearler) which is nice, but I liked Lenna a lot.

The bonus for Krile is Dual Cast. Lenna has Cheer which came in handy a ton. Plus Lenna has Dispel and Esuna which I found helpful. Ended up crafting her a Stona too, in case.

As much as I love RDMs (mained one in FFXI and loved it .. RDM/NIN. Secondary play was THF/NIN and vice versa.. loved that combo too.), they get no love. As we say, jack of all trades and master of none.

They're getting some XIV love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e_YTfV2w8

Lyrian

Welp, hit the rest of the silver trophies for the Arena today.

That's 66 and 67.

The real Demon's Souls starts here. /gulp

Three more hell-tier trophies to go for the future right to craft a ring I'll likely never ever be able to create, lol.

Man, this is going to suck.

robotuw

Welp, hit the rest of the silver trophies for the Arena today.

That's 66 and 67.

The real Demon's Souls starts here. /gulp

Three more hell-tier trophies to go for the future right to craft a ring I'll likely never ever be able to create, lol.

Man, this is going to suck.

What last 3 are you going after?

Val, why not Aegis Shield?

Probably wants the element resistance over the raw defense.

Lyrian

What last 3 are you going after?

68 will be Forger of Bonds gold (currently at 707k/1000k Friend Points) ~ 1.5 to 2 months unless a 5x FP event occurs.

69 will be Heavy Hitter gold (currently at 148k/300k Arena Points) ~ 2 months at current pace?

70 is the back-breaker trophy to get.

My options are either:

1) Storied Warrior gold (currently at 230k/300k Colosseum Points) ~ 1 month completely ignoring Arena

2) Supreme Evoker gold ((currently at 6600/10k summons) ~ unknown time grinding Wolfsgang doing the LB farming lap manually.

Not a big fan of passing up on the arena, as pots are highly useful. After I get the Arena gold point trophy, I might slow down to just reaching the top 30k each week/month for the King pot/ TM moogle and divert the rest of the arena orbs to Colosseum farming.

On the other hand, I haven't really had a lot of TM farming time lately, and you can't really macro esper summon farming well. Would need to find the time to manually farm the remaining esper summons. Story mode is quite limited these days, and pretty much all event content is non-summoner friendly. Frankly, its quite hard to find an event compatible with grinding espers summons. The last one was the mogcake event. Since then, the esper counter has drawn to almost a complete halt, even with a maximum efficiency Rydia. One-round fights don't cut the mustard, and bringing Rydia into an ELT level fight is simply asking for disaster to happen.

I'll worry about that choice when I get there when I reassess the situation, I suppose, in about 2 month's time. That's about when the rings should hit global anyways give or take.

Xion86

Yey :D well that's done.

w4uWwDzl.png

Really want those two Burst Pots from the other rewards now!

Oh it's also cool that I'm seeing Brave EXVIUS ads on YouTube quite a lot recently.

Yey :D well that's done.

w4uWwDzl.png

Really want those two Burst Pots from the other rewards now!

Oh it's also cool that I'm seeing Brave EXVIUS ads on YouTube quite a lot recently.

Man that was quick. I'm about half way there myself. Did you use lapis refills to finish up the even quick?

Lyrian

Man that was quick. I'm about half way there myself. Did you use lapis refills to finish up the even quick?

He had to of done that, or he had energy potions stockpiled and/or a level up or two for good measure. Or perhaps some combination of both.

I'm running on natural energy so far and I'm only at halfway to the TM moogle.

He had to of done that, or he had energy potions stockpiled and/or a level up or two for good measure. Or perhaps some combination of both.

I'm running on natural energy so far and I'm only at halfway to the TM moogle.

Same. Wish I were already done with it though so I can take a break already

Valentus

Impressive Refia, for sure.

thanks!

Val, why not Aegis Shield?

The differente between Aegis Shield and my shield are about 15, but my shield gives me elemental reduction, so in cases (most) that the enemy uses elemental damage, this shield is better. Also Refia has innate resistance to petrify, so aegis shield dont give her any extra benefit.

In a case where the enemy uses neutral element attacks, Aegis Shield should be better.

Muku

Seems like the force shield is worth it. Time to untied the star quartz purse and get one.

Is it? I have some Quartz but wasn't sure about it... been tempted to get it. Bought an Earring and Black Belt recently with what I've got but got some extra hanging around.

Not quite halfway through this list. I want to be done so bad. I'm only working so hard because I NEED that Moogle! I am 10% away from Dual Wield. I need to give that to CoD. That way I can tackle plant and get Thorn Mace. Then Demon guy. Ugggh. This grind on this one is boring.

Anyone here can help me with Noel?

tariniel

I'm officially no longer F2P. I got a $25 Amazon gift card so I threw in the remaining $15 to get the Adamantite Chest of Yuletide with amazon coins. For now I'm not sure if I want to do 10 pulls with the lapis but its nice to have a good buffer so I can keep buying the 300 daily chest.

Pretty sure I will at least spend the tickets on the Noct banner though unless this Christmas banner is worth it...? I also need to add some equip/unit slots so I'll spend a bit on that too.

Merry Christmas/happy holdays ExviusGAF, ya'll are great!

Muku

I'm officially no longer F2P. I got a $25 Amazon gift card so I threw in the remaining $15 to get the $48 yuletide chest with amazon coins. For now I'm not sure if I want to do 10 pulls with the lapis but its nice to have a good buffer so I can keep buying the 300 daily chest.

Pretty sure I will at least spend the tickets on the Noct banner though unless this christmas banner is worth it...?

I think, looking at rankings anyway, only thing worth it is Noel. I would pull on Noctis banner versus this one.

Funny thing is I told myself I wouldn't even do daily pulls on this one. Then I did. Paid off, but no more on this banner. Got the only banner character that seemed interesting off it. I was going to after daily pull today, thinking it was going to be a normal bleh pull, was use a couple tickets on Noctis banner. I felt like I used all my Christmas luck up. Maybe if I'm feeling luck later tonight I'll use a couple for giggles.

Tendo

I'm going to buy a christmas pack tomorrow. I plan to use my rare tickets on the noctis event. Should I save the Lapis or use it on the 11 pull?

NomarTyme

Is it? I have some Quartz but wasn't sure about it... been tempted to get it. Bought an Earring and Black Belt recently with what I've got but got some extra hanging around.

Not quite halfway through this list. I want to be done so bad. I'm only working so hard because I NEED that Moogle! I am 10% away from Dual Wield. I need to give that to CoD. That way I can tackle plant and get Thorn Mace. Then Demon guy. Ugggh. This grind on this one is boring.

Anyone here can help me with Noel?

I think it worth it. I have more than 250 SQ because I haven't used any so far. I don't see any non TM shield that good for a long while from now.

I'm going to buy a christmas pack tomorrow. I plan to use my rare tickets on the noctis event. Should I save the Lapis or use it on the 11 pull?
Up to you, depends how badly you want Noctis. I mean do you have Chizuru? I think you save enough for the 2 ticket bundle and then wait until Thursday if you want to pull 11.

Tendo

I think it worth it. I have more than 250 SQ because I haven't used any so far. I don't see any non TM shield that good for a long while from now.

Up to you, depends how badly you want Noctis. I mean do you have Chizuru? I think you save enough for the 2 ticket bundle and then wait until Thursday if you want to pull 11.

I do not. Is Thursday when the event ends? that makes the most sense. Do the dailies then burn the 11 on Thursday is what you mean?

NomarTyme

I do not. Is Thursday when the event ends? that makes the most sense. Do the dailies then burn the 11 on Thursday is what you mean?

Thursday is the last day for the Noctis/Chizuru banner. You can still get them after Thursday but at a much lower rate.

tariniel

I think, looking at rankings anyway, only thing worth it is Noel. I would pull on Noctis banner versus this one.

Funny thing is I told myself I wouldn't even do daily pulls on this one. Then I did. Paid off, but no more on this banner. Got the only banner character that seemed interesting off it. I was going to after daily pull today, thinking it was going to be a normal bleh pull, was use a couple tickets on Noctis banner. I felt like I used all my Christmas luck up. Maybe if I'm feeling luck later tonight I'll use a couple for giggles.

Congrats! If Noel is good I might at least do daily pulls. I haven't been doing them because I thought the banner had all-terrible characters.

Muku

Congrats! If Noel is good I might at least do daily pulls. I haven't been doing them because I thought the banner had all-terrible characters.

Thank you. :) On rankings right now he is top on tank.

I'm more confused about him than anything right now. I think he can be a tank or a mage. At least that's what I'm thinking? At first I thought getting bonuses from his stuff for MAG and DEF would be good but would be counter to the other depending on main armor used. So I'm just going to end up treating him like a tank. I don't want another mage. Have Cecil, Charlotte, and Leo capped as my tanks. Though never really felt like Leo was much of one.

Got Charlotte off her banner... thinking she'd be my back up tank, but now thinking Noel might take on tanking duties with Cecil. Got her to cap and everything LOL.

I thought they were all pretty meh too. But sounds like Noel can be kind of cool. Will see. Used the x10 and x20 Cactaur already from this event on Golbez thinking "Well shit I really have no one to use these on." I figure having him built up can't be bad either. At least maybe for future. Feel like everyone that means shit is already built up for me now. Didn't claim the x30 Cactaur from yesterday until I did my daily. Just in case. It paid off. Almost have him 5* capped. Ready for event on 27th that have some Cactaur in it. I need them now.

Will be a bit before I can really play with him at cap. Only my second base 5* so I'm happy. If nothing else, he scares me every time I go into my unit screen. He covers up his lock so I keep forgetting he's locked. :/

I thought units on this banner were pretty meh too. I have pulled daily since start of banner despite saying I wasn't going to, just in hopes of any rainbow (non troll... because screw trolls) really.

Edit: Is it better for Noel to use a Rod to get the MAG? Or use a staff? (Like the evil Golem's staff of hell.) I ask because I have a black belt on him. I know he's more of a magic counter kind of guy, but wondering how to treat him.

What the..... Decided to do 4 ticket pulls.

Blue -> Gold = Rydia
Gold = Edgar
Gold = Chizuru
Gold = Chizuru

Well, that's Chizuru #3 and 4.

Did another two for jollies because these golds...

Blue = Mustadio
Gold = Sazh

I don't know if I should do another or not. These golds are scaring me.

Celegus

Had a very nice Christmas with the family, hope you all did as well! Got myself a nice little Christmas present this morning before we left, Dual Wield #2 finished! And back up to 55 summon tickets for who knows when.

Broseybrose

I was feeling lucky after having a very nice Christmas dinner with family and friends, so I spent my last 5 tix. Great pulls! My 2nd Refia and MY FIRST CHIZURU! Im loving having DC on Refia btw.

I have been pulling hard for her since her banner started. At least 30 pulls. and trust me, over 30 pulls on one banner is hard for me. Hardest Ive pulled since I started playing in August.

Still got over 10k lapis too.

Congrats on getting lucky too, @Muku! Gear your Noel according to which role you choose for him.

Well the last barrier for me to break with this game is landing one of those (hopefully non-troll) rainbows.

Im so happy!

Merry Christmas my friends!

Oh, @Bonkeng, your Noctis is perfection.

Damn @Celegus youre stacked in tix! I used to have around 30 tix too. Blew them all on FFXIII and this, plus an 11-pull on this. Congrats on your second DW! Im around 80% on my first, with Rising Sun and Double Excal. Soon..

Muku

I was feeling lucky after having a very nice Christmas dinner with family and friends, so I spent my last 5 tix. Great pulls! My 2nd Refia and MY FIRST CHIZURU! Im loving having DC on Refia btw.

I have been pulling hard for her since her banner started. At least 30 pulls. and trust me, over 30 pulls on one banner is hard for me. Hardest Ive pulled since I started playing in August.

Still got over 10k lapis too.

Congrats on getting lucky too, @Muku! Gear your Noel according to which role you choose for him.

Well the last barrier for me to break with this game is landing one of those (hopefully non-troll) rainbows.

Im so happy!

Merry Christmas my friends!

Oh, @Bonkeng, your Noctis is perfection.

Damn @Celegus youre stacked in tix! I used to have around 30 tix too. Blew them all on FFXIII and this, plus an 11-pull on this. Congrats on your second DW! Im around 80% on my first, with Rising Sun and Double Excal. Soon..

Thank you!

I guess my confusion with Noel right now is weapon wise. But since he can't really use much, I guess it'll be a Rod for the little bitty MAG I get off it. He'll just steal Kefka's rod I guess. He's kind of confusing to me. Not sure if Black Belt is good to put on 'em either since he's more about casting and physical counter won't mean much for him.

Broseybrose

Thank you!

I guess my confusion with Noel right now is weapon wise. But since he can't really use much, I guess it'll be a Rod for the little bitty MAG I get off it. He'll just steal Kefka's rod I guess. He's kind of confusing to me. Not sure if Black Belt is good to put on 'em either since he's more about casting and physical counter won't mean much for him.

It sounds like you plan on tanking with him, so why not use a staff to up his spirit. That's what I would do, if I understand the unit correctly. Either way you wont get much out of physical counters, and a tanks main skills are HP/DEF/SPR.

The mage side of him is like a bonus, I wouldnt gear towards it though.

You have him, so try both see which works out better if you want.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
11 tickets, decided to burn one on Noctis banner because it's my favorite banner I've seen since I've started.
Shadow, baby!

Muku

It sounds like you plan on tanking with him, so why not use a staff to up his spirit. That's what I would do, if I understand the unit correctly. Either way you wont get much out of physical counters, and a tanks main skills are HP/DEF/SPR.

The mage side of him is like a bonus, I wouldnt gear towards it though.

You have him, so try both see which works out better if you want.

Means I gotta find an alt accessory to use as well. I just feel like some of his stuff is a bit confusing. I just don't feel like you get enough out of Rods or Staves right now for a tank. At least not what I have. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom