• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andvary

I finally got my first 5 star!

My first ticket was a blue crystal (Sazh), the second ticket was another blue crystal that went to gold to rainbow and I was hopeful it would be Noctis and not troll rainbow...

kkfWsYMl.png

YAY!

linkent

My first ticket was Sazh, the second ticket went from blue to gold to rainbow and I was hopeful it would be Noctis and not troll rainbow...

YAY!
Gratz!
Honestly tempted to do more pulls for Chorizo but the rate of Charlotte is scaring me.

Muku

My first ticket was a blue crystal (Sazh), the second ticket was another blue crystal that went to gold to rainbow and I was hopeful it would be Noctis and not troll rainbow...

kkfWsYMl.png

YAY!

Nice!! Congrats! :D

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finally at a PC in about a week and half. Anyone have any more disagreements who like being proved wrong, you got a day!

Anyways, decided to finally put together some thoughts with how December is playing out to be and what to be aware of with game changes.

Few thoughts to be aware for the new year.

1. F2Per's lapis purses are feeling lighter after this month. As I stated earlier, don't waste it on TM farming. Don't waste it on dailies either, unless the banner is good and you can use multiple units from it. I've seen a lot of people on Reddit and a few here, who were telling people to use Lapis for TM farming and now had to buy lapis to get the bundles. Never spend till the minute you need to.

Going forward, Gumi could be switching from Lapis as giveaways to Tickets. We're getting far more tickets now for everything, but they are giving away less lapis, more tickets, and forcing more into the dailies. It could have just been for the month of December to get people to purchase the 50$ bundle, or it could be their new directive. Tickets can only be used for pulls, but Lapis is needed for everything. Something to be aware of when they are only giving you it through one time completed events, missions, and dailies.

2. On pulling, Don't chase Rainbows.

Also, pull on banners and not units. The Noctis banner is great because 3 units are 6* and all top of the line DPS with Charlotte being the top 5* tank. After a certain amount of pulls, do you really want to waste it on trying to get another Chizzy for her TM?

There is a point of saturation for every banner where it's going to be better to save it for a future one with new units, TMs, etc.

3. Amazon coins are a free 20% off. It also allows me to save my Lapis purchases on another service while playing on google. This prevents me from impulse rolling with Lapis.

4. Arena is stacked in your favor. You get to pick your opponent and they are AI controlled. Even if that other team is a whale team, it is still in your favor because they will seldom attack in the most efficient way.

5. I see some talk about people pushing off elemental weapons, when these are what you want the most. The JPN version plays heavily into reducing down elemental weaknesses and chaining. So while the flame sword from the previous event was lower, using it again a unit weak to fire will have a far better increase than weapons 30, 40 points above. Using it in conjunction with weakened resistances will jump it even more. Using it in conjunction as a cheap way to get Elemental chains on bosses will be game changing.

Yes, that weapon may not be useful now, but the strong event ones are typically worth holding on.

P.S. You're going to want to cover the elemental spread for the following month's trial.

chrono01

How long will this event going? And how is he obtained? Really digging the characters in 15 more than I thought I would.
Thursday, IIRC. So a few more days!

Yey :D well that's done.

w4uWwDzl.png

Really want those two Burst Pots from the other rewards now!

Oh it's also cool that I'm seeing Brave EXVIUS ads on YouTube quite a lot recently.
Insane, that was fast. Nice work!

kkfWsYMl.png

YAY!
Congrats! :)

Lennah and Cecil for my ticket pulls. Could be worse, but don't need them.

Two more runs of the event and I'll be at 12k, so that's exciting. Back to TM farming next week. By the end of the week, I should have power of creation, save the queen, and a bracer to put on my Lightning. Very cool.

YAY!

Congrats!!

Xion86

Man that was quick. I'm about half way there myself. Did you use lapis refills to finish up the even quick?

Yup a few refills here and there nothing crazy though. Dipped into the lapis from the holiday bundle.

Ohhh new island! Brilliant, just in time, I'm so glad I cleared up all of the story, I feel all caught up :).

Congratulations to those who have recently got Noctis! Good to hear.

I've uninstalled MEmu, Nox now works for me overnight with zero crashes, really happy about that :D. I just have to open it as an Administrator or it will crash out with an error when it gets towards 100% loading.

Zafir

Yup a few refills here and there nothing crazy though. Dipped into the lapis from the holiday bundle.

Ohhh new island! Brilliant, just in time, I'm so glad I cleared up all of the story, I feel all caught up :).

Congratulations to those who have recently got Noctis! Good to hear.

I've uninstalled MEmu, Nox now works for me overnight with zero crashes, really happy about that :D. I just have to open it as an Administrator or it will crash out with an error when it gets towards 100% loading.

How have you managed to get Nox stable? Nox kind of just freezes up randomly.

Menchi

kkfWsYMl.png

YAY!

Congratz! :)

I've been pulling again since my Snow;

Blue - Mustadio (2nd, should make Romandan Pistol easy to get for... I don't know who)
Blue - Artemios (5th)
Blue - Charlotte (9th)
Blue - Leo (2nd - Aegis eventually then)
Blue - Charlotte (10th)
Blue - Golbez (3rd)
Blue - Medius (2nd)
Blue - Charlotte (11th...)
Gold - Chizuru (3rd, will make second BM easy, nice!)
Blue - Sazh (New! 20 sided Die any good?)
Blue - Cecil (3rd, good for Excalibur)
Blue - Lani (Hope she'd just disappear)
Blue - Charlotte (12th... Yey)

So some decent TM Fodder, but mostly junk. I really want Miyuki, Hayate & Mercedes. Obviously any 5* would be nice too!

Kouriozan

3 tickets :

- Fang (new, got all XIII cast off banner, yay?)
- Chizuru (my 6th)
- Firion (4th one, this one loves me)

Only one more to complete my collection!

XBEgiqql.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Did some pulls, figured i can burn some tickets since we have so many coming through the event and facebook promo soon.

Got Santa Roselia. Noel is probably not happening, would be cool though! He seems like a killer unit.

_woLf

Boosts from pots carry over if you evolve the unit, right?

I'm swimming in pots and would like to burn some on my still-3-star cecil

Rixa

I think i got trolled again, 3 Chiz and 2 mercedes now.
I did pull Krile which is nice

Nah thats not troll 10+1. Thats really good 10+1.
I see 2 Chiz! (one of the best TM in the game), F1, Zidane (one of the best TM in the game). Then there is Xiao, she has best Knuckle (TM) in the game :p. Good haul

AkumaNiko

Nah thats not troll 10+1. Thats really good 10+1.
I see 2 Chiz! (one of the best TM in the game), F1, Zidane (one of the best TM in the game). Then there is Xiao, she has best Knuckle (TM) in the game :p. Good haul

b-b-but i wanted lightning or noc or something other than characters i already haaaad...lol

edit- it seems i got Medius too. which is ok i guess

linkent

b-b-but i wanted lightning or noc or something other than characters i already haaaad...lol

edit- it seems i got Medius too. which is ok i guess

that is a really nice multi....
Medius sux(I think that is Artemios who sux too), dont bother leveling both of them.

I've done ~45 pulls on this banner and haven't gotten a single Chizuru or Mercedes. Alas, I TM'd Charlotte solely via dupes last night, so they will have to wait for another banner. Gonna start saving up my Tickets / Lapis now.

So what are the chances that we get a cool deal on New Years like JP got last year? I see everyone is saying no chance in hell over on Reddit, but I wasn't sure if anyone here felt otherwise.

I'm sitting on 11,000 lapis and am tempted on doing an 11 pull, mainly to try for Noctis. I know you shouldn't pull for one unit, but I'd also be happy with Chiz (to speed up BM farming) or Mercedes, so it's not entirely just for Noctis.

But if there's a 10k lapis for three rainbow type deal here in GL for New Years, I'll hold off.

Thoughts?

Shouta

I get a Blue into Gold into Rainbow for my 250 Lapis pull and it's Swimsuit Dark Fina...

WHY!?

Give me Hunter Rain. >=(

So what are the chances that we get a cool deal on New Years like JP got last year? I see everyone is saying no chance in hell over on Reddit, but I wasn't sure if anyone here felt otherwise.

I'm sitting on 11,000 lapis and am tempted on doing an 11 pull, mainly to try for Noctis. I know you shouldn't pull for one unit, but I'd also be happy with Chiz (to speed up BM farming) or Mercedes, so it's not entirely just for Noctis.

But if there's a 10k lapis for three rainbow type deal here in GL for New Years, I'll hold off.

Thoughts?
That deal was before base 4 stars even existed in Japan. The main hook was for the atk +30% materia. There is zero chance of that deal happening.

Would have been datamined already, keep in mind the "datamined" bundle come from a June or July update and was just the JP one translated.
Well I guess there is a chance to datamine it with the upcoming story update maintenance.

That deal was before base 4 stars even existed in Japan. The main hook was for the atk +30% materia. There is zero chance of that deal happening.

Not that I'll hold you to this or anything, but are you saying I should lean towards doing the pull vs. waiting to see if the New Years thing happens? My main fear of waiting is that I might miss the Noctis banner, which is probably the best we will have in a while in terms of an overall banner.

Either way, I'm going to wait until the 29th to do the daily ticket pulls and see if I get lucky.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Would have been datamined already, keep in mind the "datamined" bundle come from a June or July update and was just the JP one translated.
Well I guess there is a chance to datamine it with the upcoming story update maintenance.

Datamine never occurs till maintenance, we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Not that I'll hold you to this or anything, but are you saying I should lean towards doing the pull vs. waiting to see if the New Years thing happens? My main fear of waiting is that I might miss the Noctis banner, which is probably the best we will have in a while in terms of an overall banner.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you shouldn't expect that particular deal to happen.

Personally, I never go all in and always keep a barrier of about 5k-10k lapis because of deals that spring up like the 300 lapis for 2 tickets that's going on right now. If you really feel that you can get some use out of the other stuff on the banner Noctis, then you can go for it I guess.

Razmos

I think there will be a deal. Probably double the price and less value than the one that was datamined a while ago though.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you shouldn't expect that particular deal to happen.

Personally, I never go all in and always keep a barrier of about 5k-10k lapis because of deals that spring up like the 300 lapis for 2 tickets that's going on right now. If you really feel that you can get some use out of the other stuff on the banner Noctis, then you can go for it I guess.

Yeah, that's the safe and smart way to go, for sure. I guess I'm getting restless farming TMs and the event. All of my units are maxed that I want leveled, and it's always exciting having something new and shiny to play with. I'll try and stay strong, especially since I'm on the cusp of finishing up a bunch of TMs to make my Lightning awesome.

Kouriozan

Maintenances happen on Thursday and banner change on Friday, so at worst you can wait for the maintenance and hope for a (datamined) bundle and then decide if you want to use your lapis on Noctis if there is nothing.

I decided to give up on throwing all the tickets I get the rest of the week chasing Noctis. It just doesn't make sense and I'll pull for him if he's on a future banner with other units I want.

The last straw was pulling yet another charolette that got me the 100% trust mastery of hers. Now if I pull more charolette it'll be a completely wasted pull. So, I'm done!!! Sorry Noctis, maybe next time buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom