• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zunja

So lemme ask you guys. I got 40 bucks in iTunes but I use android and literally have no apple products. Is there anyway to spend that money on some stuff for this game. I really just wanna save for tidus and onion knight so it'd be nice to get in on some deals.

bonkeng

Ticket #1: Cyan (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #2: Snow #4 (Gold Crystal)
Ticket #3: Galuf (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #4: Freya (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #5: Clyne (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #6: Charlotte (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #7: Ingus #8 (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #8: Charlotte (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #9: Anzelm (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #10: Charlotte (Blue Crystal)

Yeah...

Edit:

Ticket #11: Hope #4 (Gold Crystal)
Ticket #12: Duane (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #13: Sazh #5 (Blue Crystal)
Ticket #14: Xiao #2 (Gold Crystal)
Ticket #15: Lenna #4 (Blue Crystal)

Be right back, deleting game from phone.

Nooooo don't leave us chrono.

So lemme ask you guys. I got 40 bucks in iTunes but I use android and literally have no apple products. Is there anyway to spend that money on some stuff for this game. I really just wanna save for tidus and onion knight so it'd be nice to get in on some deals.

Buy the 48$ yultide bundle on iOS, then claim it on Android.

fionel

Been playing the JP version for over 13 months now. Must have pulled over 1000 times and I only have 4 base 5*s with a couple of them being next to useless in the current JP climate (Queen and Forren). Contemplated about quitting every month coz the RNG gods are just not looking my way.

Seeing how new accounts were given enough tickets to pull 40+ times last month, I rolled about 20 new accounts and started pulling for fun. I probably got around 6 rainbows in total out of 800+ pulls? Even though the pulls aren't for real it just felt soooo impossible to get rainbows. At the end of my 800+ pulls, I thought I became desensitized to the results and went back to my main account.

That's when Noctis was put on a banner and I dumped 80+ pulls on it. Saw a rainbow after the first 10 pulls - "Noctis is mine!!!" I screamed in joy. And guess what, what I got was actually Ramza! Was legit depressed for the whole weekend. Guess I wasn't so desensitized after all.

Gacha is truly a system brewed in hell.

There is a shining gem of a game hidden in there. The character sprites, the character skill sets, character synergies are superbly designed and the trials require a level of strategy and perseverance like no other RPGs I've played. It's a pity that all that good stuff is bundled in the same package with such horrendous grinds and pull rates from hell and beyond.

Despite all this ranting, I'm sure I'll still be playing this for the following months to come. That is, until I've had enough of being fucked in the ass by the RNG gods yet again...

I'm kinda curious to see how many here are completely F2P and have gotten non-troll rainbows without rerolling?

I'm a Day 1, Soft-Launch player and that was my situation up until my miracle Blue->Gold->Noctis pull last week. Thankfully, I amassed most of the upgradeable base 3* and 4* and was still able to complete events with an OP GAF Friend (<3). The only content I haven't beaten are a handful of bonus objectives which were just event currency or 20ish lapis. I even did good in Arena due to DW CoD w/ Thorned Mace and Golem Staff casting Darkness while Kefka + Exdeath spam Meteors
(A TM I thought was a wasted grind turned out to be a chainable lifesaver once I got Exdeath!)

Shouta

Been playing the JP version for over 13 months now. Must have pulled over 1000 times and I only have 4 base 5*s with a couple of them being next to useless in the current JP climate (Queen and Forren). Contemplated about quitting every month coz the RNG gods are just not looking my way.

Seeing how new accounts were given enough tickets to pull 40+ times last month, I rolled about 20 new accounts and started pulling for fun. I probably got around 6 rainbows in total out of 800+ pulls? Even though the pulls aren't for real it just felt soooo impossible to get rainbows. At the end of my 800+ pulls, I thought I became desensitized to the results and went back to my main account.

That's when Noctis was put on a banner and I dumped 80+ pulls on it. Saw a rainbow after the first 10 pulls - "Noctis is mine!!!" I screamed in joy. And guess what, what I got was actually Ramza! Was legit depressed for the whole weekend. Guess I wasn't so desensitized after all.

Gacha is truly a system brewed in hell.

There is a shining gem of a game hidden in there. The character sprites, the character skill sets, character synergies are superbly designed and the trials require a level of strategy and perseverance like no other RPGs I've played. It's a pity that all that good stuff is bundled in the same package with such horrendous grinds and pull rates from hell and beyond.

Despite all this ranting, I'm sure I'll still be playing this for the following months to come. That is, until I've had enough of being fucked in the ass by the RNG gods yet again...

Forren is a little better now actually though no one's updated his ranking. There's a Wind Spear TM available now that will synergize with him very nicely. Only problem is that his best attack doesn't have the Wind Resistance down on it, it's another attack. There are even Spear mastery TMs too

Ramza is a great unit to have too considering the strength of Hero's Song.

I'm kinda curious to see how many here are completely F2P and have gotten non-troll rainbows without rerolling?

I'm a Day 1, Soft-Launch player and that was my situation up until my miracle Blue->Gold->Noctis pull last week. Thankfully, I amassed most of the upgradeable base 3* and 4* and was still able to complete events with an OP GAF Friend (<3). The only content I haven't beaten are a handful of bonus objectives which were just event currency or 20ish lapis. I even did good in Arena due to DW CoD w/ Thorned Mace and Golem Staff casting Darkness while Kefka + Exdeath spam Meteors
(A TM I thought was a wasted grind turned out to be a chainable lifesaver once I got Exdeath!)

Day 1 soft launch here as well and F2P, have never pulled a single rainbow, let alone a base 5*.

fionel

Forren is a little better now actually though no one's updated his ranking. There's a Wind Spear TM available now that will synergize with him very nicely. Only problem is that his best attack doesn't have the Wind Resistance down on it, it's another attack. There are even Spear mastery TMs too

Ramza is a great unit to have too considering the strength of Hero's Song.

Yes one of the perks from my 80+ pulls on Noctis banner was a bunch of Aura whose TM spear is exactly what I'm working on at the moment. Also simultaneously working on Wind Veritas's spear mastery TM. Don't think he will break 1k attack even with all that stuff on but I'm hoping he'll perform better than my +2 enhanced Agrias. It's a lot of work to make him useful and the effort is probably better spent elsewhere! ;)

Rixa

My alt, account was made same time than my main (during May). But I didn't use it actively in first few months. When launch came I logged to help other players to get accounts (rerolling for them) and used those 10 tix to get trash. :p First 20 or so pulls"notable" unit was Zidane, only other 5* able unit was Golbez, rest were max 4* trash.
Then I pulled Chorizo out of banner, then got Donkey Kong (banner), then got Luneth (banner).

Now its cruising with 6* party:
- Refia
- Cecil
- DKC / Chiz
- Snow
- Luneth

0 TM's, completely F2P, not doing any TM farming either. Soon will get its first TM (Dual Wield). Thanks to friend units it has managed to clear hardest content sofar. Luckily I managed to snag Chirijiraden too. But that party without any TM's would hit the wall when tougher content comes. Well Atleast I get that DW for Chiz.

Donkey Kong is so sad unit if you can only give him free equipments. Equipping Death Scyther and using Reap Blood in Frosty :D.

Muku

F2P here. I started a bit after it launched. I just know my husband found yall and was trying it out and said I should try it out too. I started a few days after he did.

I came into this game knowing nothing and my first two pulls were Rainbow. Garland and then Kuja. Knowing what I know now, they are trolls, but I imagine at the time toward beginning not so much. I really enjoyed Garland for a long time. Then he sank faster than the Titanic. I did no rerolling on my account. I didn't even know it was really an option until later in the game. I was kind of happy at the Rainbows because my husband was excited. Knowing what I know now though.. that was some dumb beginners luck.

I've pulled a Luneth and Noel since. I feel like maybe one other Rainbow but I can't remember.

I've been fairly okay on my main account. When I started my alt I rerolled for several days. Ending up with a couple of Rainbows with the initial batch of tickets they gave on what I settled with. Delita and Gaffgarion. Delita was good at the time. Looking back now though, I wish I'd rerolled for Ramza or something.

Zunja

I'm day 1 soft launch too. I rerolled till I got kain lol.... I havent spent any money aside from maybe 5 bucks from Google survey rewards for the starter bundle.

My current team is noctis lightning tillith exdeath and cecil. I think lightning and noctis were my only two rainbows. I feel like I got one more but cant remember who it was.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I still don't get rerolling, I know when Lightning came out, a lot of people did it. But now they are stuck in the same place before.

You'll never beat rng, so might as well do your best and hope the land provides

kiaaa

I've spent $20, so I'm not completely f2p, but that money didn't get me my rainbows (Luneth banner).

I got really lucky and pulled Gilgamesh on a daily and then I pulled Noctis from a daily ticket a few days ago.

I mean, there's no guarantee you'll eventually get a rainbow, but I think even the higher level content is doable if you keep a steady stream of TMs farming. Of course, that requires using a macro or pulling your hair out, so I can understand peoples' hesitation on that part.

DW is obviously a game-changer, though.

I still don't get rerolling, I know when Lightning came out, a lot of people did it. But now they are stuck in the same place before.

You'll never beat rng, so might as well do your best and hope the land provides

I think a lot of people who reroll for that stuff have newer accounts they aren't completely attached to at that point. I wouldn't have given up my account before I got Gil because I had way too much time invested.

Shouta

Yes one of the perks from my 80+ pulls on Noctis banner was a bunch of Aura whose TM spear is exactly what I'm working on at the moment. Also simultaneously working on Wind Veritas's spear mastery TM. Don't think he will break 1k attack even with all that stuff on but I'm hoping he'll perform better than my +2 enhanced Agrias. It's a lot of work to make him useful and the effort is probably better spent elsewhere! ;)

Oh, nice! That's good stuff. I think it'd be worth the effort to get him stronger if only because those TMs can be used on other chars too if necessary.

Base Atttack: 187
Weapon 1: Bentous (125)
Weapon 2: Gungnir (90)
Head: Empire Helm (18)
Body: Demon's Mail (10)
Accessory 1: Ifrit's Claw (30)
Accessory 2: Dominate Ring (10%)
TM 1: Dual Wield
TM 2: 30% attack
TM 3: Spear Mastery
TM 4: 10% attack
Odin: 60
Spear Mastery Passive: 50%

So 798 attack? That's a more modest build too. Room for improvement in that depending on what TMs you have and the like. Even my Odin number is a bit off because I only have the raw stats, not the post-skill number lol. If you have good swords, and a Dark Knight Soul, he'll be even stronger. =o

Anyway, reddit has info on the JP bundle for the new year. 5000 Lapis for 10 Summon Tickets, 1 guaranteed 4 star or higher Ticket, 1 10% Trust Moogle. Lohengrin (109 damage, 37 Magic Sword) and a 30% ATK/MAG TM.

bonkeng

I'll assume our new year bundle will be the same as jpn

You mean this?

2woPqZk.png

Translation:

10 x Summoning Tickets
1 x 4* base Summoning Ticket
1 x 10% Moogle
1 x 30% Atk/Mag Materia
1 x Sword +109 atk / +37 mag

All for 5K Lapis...

Drooling....

fionel

Oh, nice! That's good stuff. I think it'd be worth the effort to get him stronger if only because those TMs can be used on other chars too if necessary.

Weapon 2: Gungnir (90)
Head: Empire Helm (18)
Body: Demon's Mail (10)
Accessory 2: Dominate Ring (10%)
TM 4: 10% attack

So 798 attack? That's a more modest build too. Room for improvement in that depending on what TMs you have and the like. Even my Odin number is a bit off because I only have the raw stats, not the post-skill number lol. If you have good swords, and a Dark Knight Soul, he'll be even stronger. =o

Anyway, reddit has info on the JP bundle for the new year. 5000 Lapis for 10 Summon Tickets, 1 guaranteed 4 star or higher Ticket, 1 10% Trust Moogle. Lohengrin (109 damage, 37 Magic Sword) and a 30% ATK/MAG TM.

Mind pointing me to the stats calculator you're using?

798 attack won't cut it for me b/c my Balthier has around 980 and even my secondary Attacker Agrias has 880. I can probably give him an extra 30% attack and a ruler ring to top it off but yeah, don't think it would even break 900.

/facepalm at that JP bundle if true... the sword is kind of redundant to me and 30 atk/mag is kinda meh... I've been hoping for a long time that it would be the same deal like last year with 3 rainbows. I was way too optimistic with SE I suppose lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You mean this?

2woPqZk.png

Translation:

10 x Summoning Tickets
1 x 10% Moogle
1 x 30% Atk/Mag Materia

All for 5K Lapis...

Drooling....

Si, it's just a 10+1 pull with the items added on.

Nothing overall game breaking either, so I'd expect the same, maybe a change up to the weapon.

Great way to get people to use and buy lapis

robotuw

F2P (though I'll probably get the holiday bundle soon). 5 Rainbows with no rerolls and the closest thing to a troll I got was a 5* Chizuru back on her original banner when there were no 5* bases. Others were Lightning, DKC, Noctis, and Ramza (off-banner). My luck has been insane.

Shouta

798 attack won't cut it for me b/c my Balthier has around 980 and even my secondary Attacker Agrias has 880. I can probably give him an extra 30% attack and a ruler ring to top it off but yeah, don't think it would even break 900.

/facepalm at that JP bundle if true... the sword is kind of redundant to me and 30 atk/mag is kinda meh... I've been hoping for a long time that it would be the same deal like last year with 3 rainbows. I was way too optimistic with SE I suppose lol

I was just doing the math myself. I might be doing it wrong depending on on the %s work. You can probably go way higher with Forren if you want but I calculated it with a mix of TMs and stuff you can get from bosses and the like. For example, if you go Sword in Forren's offhand and stack 3 Dark Knight Souls, he'd go up pretty nuts with the right weapon. Let me calculate it again with a few things replaced.

Last year's bundle was 10k Lapis I think.

Rixa

You mean this?
10 x Summoning Tickets
1 x 10% Moogle
1 x 30% Atk/Mag Materia

All for 5K Lapis...

Drooling....

Si, it's just a 10+1 pull with the items added on.

Nothing overall game breaking either, so I'd expect the same, maybe a change up to the weapon.

Great way to get people to use and buy lapis

Assuming Global gets the bundle and If they dont nerf it. Sword will be 2nd highest ATK sword in Global counting TM's right? Only Delita's Moonblade sword has higher ATK. Gilgy wants that sword.

Shouta

Weapon 2: Lohengrin (109)
Head: Ride Helm (25)
Body: Mujin-Ou Mail (12)
Accessory 2: Bracer (30)
TM 4: Dark Knight Soul

So assuming I'm doing my math right on this, it should come out to 913. It's +3 more TMs though, lol.

The big problem is that you need to put a Wind Weapon on Agrias or Balthier so they can elemental chain with Forren. Forren can equip the Holy Lance, if you have it, to chain with them but you lose out on the Sword Bonuses so you'd need another Spear Mastery to make up for that though you'd lose out on about 25 attack.

i'll take 5

It's limited to once it looks like.

Assuming Global gets the bundle and If they dont nerf it. Sword will be 2nd highest ATK sword in Global counting TM's right? Only Delita's Moonblade sword has higher ATK. Gilgy wants that sword.

Pretty unlikely that Global will get this exact bundle. I could see them giving a different weapon that's like 80-90 attack though!

bonkeng

Yep, it's also better sometimes as it doesn't have element. Just like Excalibur vs StQ.

If only we get this bundle in GL as well.

Rixa

Pretty unlikely that Global will get this exact bundle. I could see them giving a different weapon that's like 80-90 attack though!

Yep, it's also better sometimes as it doesn't have element. Just like Excalibur vs StQ.

If only we get this bundle in GL as well.

Chances to get identical bundle is low. We prolly get some Harp / Bow that has the 80-90 atk. Wouldn't surprise if the 30% ATK/MAG is nerfed to 20%.

Because reasons.

fionel

Weapon 2: Lohengrin (109)
Head: Ride Helm (25)
Body: Mujin-Ou Mail (12)
Accessory 2: Bracer (30)
TM 4: Dark Knight Soul

So assuming I'm doing my math right on this, it should come out to 913. It's +3 more TMs though, lol.

The big problem is that you need to put a Wind Weapon on Agrias or Balthier so they can elemental chain with Forren. Forren can equip the Holy Lance, if you have it, to chain with them but you lose out on the Sword Bonuses so you'd need another Spear Mastery to make up for that though you'd lose out on about 25 attack.

Yup, that is a lot of work alright lol. Have a couple of Leonharts but don't feel like working on his TMs ATM (b/c Lohengrin is kind of a B grade weapon and I don't have any better swords). Maybe if I get lucky and get a couple more Wind Veritas and work on their TMs, that should give me more of a boost with 2 Bentous'.

edit: actually your list requires less TMs that I don't have than my wishlist above. so maybe it is a good idea after all to work on that DKS.

But I believe his biggest issue is that he is bound to the wind element, which is something a lot of the bosses are resistant to. So he would be useless in those battles anyway. I'm only working on him b/c he is one of the few base 5* I have!

and all this work just to make a Forren with enough attacks to match an Onion knight with little to no TM gear lol

Thanks for the theory craft anyway :)

Shouta

Yup, that is a lot of work alright lol. Have a couple of Leonharts but don't feel like working on his TMs ATM (b/c Lohengrin is kind of a B grade weapon and I don't have any better swords). Maybe if I get lucky and get a couple more Wind Veritas and work on their TMs, that should give me more of a boost with 2 Bentous'.

edit: actually your list requires less TMs that I don't have than my wishlist above. so maybe it is a good idea after all to work on that DKS.

But I believe his biggest issue is that he is bound to the wind element, which is something a lot of the bosses are resistant to. So he would be useless in those battles anyway. I'm only working on him b/c he is one of the few base 5* I have!

and all this work just to make a Forren with enough attacks to match an Onion knight with little to no TM gear lol

Thanks for the theory craft anyway :)

Well, Wind is bad against Aigaion for sure. It's less bad than Light/Dark though, lol

I'd definitely try and work on the DKS using Nox if you can though. It's the only way to boost up sword wielders and having it means you'll get a bit more wiggle room and aren't bound to just great sword characters. I'm contemplating working on them for my account even though I have Orlandu.

I have two of him. I just want a 5* base already, this is depressing. :(
Chrono my dawg, I'm still in the same boat as you. I'm still F2P tho, idk about u but yea been cruising since the regular release with no base 5* yet. My team is Refia, CoD, Cecil, Chizuru and either ExDeath or Bartz. Life's not all bad mane, just gotta stay positive and stay winning with TMR

leehom

We had maintenance yesterday for minor bug fixes and maintenance again today for the new story content/possible new year bundle?

Chinner

Banned
Exvius is back up.

No new deals, no new group stages added either.

Disappointing about deals, but happy otherwise. I can continue tm grinding!

Dandte

First:Blue Edge...nrgs
Second: Gold...omg finally Mercedes....nope Refia...make me remembering how much Lapis i spent to get her...now she is my third copy of her...at least her TM is useful.

bryt

Finally can get back to TM farming. Just gonna do 3 story quests a day in Zoldaad for the daily until I'm finished.

Got a Cerius and Firion for daily tickets today.. One more day left to try and get Chizuru.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I kinda thought they would add in more rewards since with the new Raid Difficulty.
>.> Well... add me to the Noctis joined my crew group... He decided to join after a Rosa Gold, no upgrades, just boom rainbow.

Congrats - very cool !!

Lots of Gaffers got Lucky with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom