• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Well, that was unexpected. On my main I did a FP pull because nothing off this banner, after Noel, interests me. I continue to pull on alt in case I can pull something good. :( But just pulled there and got a gold. Assumption was troll. It probably is in some way, but got Santa Roselia. Not sure I'll ever use her here. She's a healer, correct? I already have Refia.

Syntsui

Yeah, arena is fucked. It doesn't matter if your team is stacked. If you want to get points to be in the 3k,you have to face Noctis team and you won't be lucky every single time.

My longest streak since Noctis came was 40, when you least expect they will get the first turn and they will cripple your most important units. There is nothing you can do about it.

Muku

Yeah, arena is fucked. It doesn't matter if your team is stacked. If you want to get points to be in the 3k,you have to face Noctis team and you won't be lucky every single time.

My longest streak since Noctis came was 40, when you least expect they will get the first turn and they will cripple your most important units. There is nothing you can do about it.

Yeah, that's the shittiest part. I actually had my streak broken... the first week I could have gotten 100 Arena wins because I normally can't get that because of work all week. Four days off and time... but then someone baited me with something not too bad as lead. Then 4 Noctis. Guess who went first?

I was getting kinda' bored with arena and I'm not going to move up in rank tier this go around anyway, so I decided to take on the topmost Noctis led team I could find. I usually try and stick to teams in the 1.0 ratio so that it's a challenge while still on par with me, but figured what the heck.

Turns out this was a team of 3 Noctii and 2 Exdeath.
He went first.

That experiment didn't last long.

Kouriozan

No status ailment weeks will be the best ones.

cLOUDo

guys my phone was stolen yesterday
and i dont have my game linked to facebook
so i´m kinda fucked but i remember they gave me a code when you start the game
(this is my only hope)

can somebody tell me the format of the code (long of the code, is only numbers?, etc)
i'm pretty sure i wrote the code, but i dont remember where lol
the format of the code would help me a lot

thanks in advance

EDIT:
Has anyone had a problem similar to mine?
How is the backup process?

Grezak

Yeah, that's the shittiest part. I actually had my streak broken... the first week I could have gotten 100 Arena wins because I normally can't get that because of work all week. Four days off and time... but then someone baited me with something not too bad as lead. Then 4 Noctis. Guess who went first?

I have no problems with the teams I face against (usually always picking the highest rate/lowest rank), but the problem is the random crashes in Arena that kill your streak.

Usually the AI for the Noctis teams is trite anyway, I think I haven't seen any of the teams with Noctis cast Fire/Blizzard Flask yet on first turn.

(this is my only hope)

can somebody tell me the format of the code (long of the code, is only numbers?, etc)

thanks in advance

EDIT:

Sorry to hear about your phone! That really sucks.
I have not been in your same position, but I believe you are referring to your friend ID or friend code. It's 9 numbers, separated by commas. So something like: 123, 456, 789. Do you know if anyone here was on your friend's list? We could find your code that way.

Hope you can recover your phone and/or account!

No status ailment weeks will be the best ones.

Well hopefully they count as status ailments then but somehow I doubt it. The only thing that really pisses me off about it is Stop.....like how the fuck does a Ribbon not stop that.....it needs fixed. Shit I have 2 Noctis and I still think it's a bullshit mechanic.

Syntsui

We already had no status ailment week and they don't work with damage skills with status properties. The only way to prevent the bullshit is no AoE week, which doesn't even exist.

I was getting kinda' bored with arena and I'm not going to move up in rank tier this go around anyway, so I decided to take on the topmost Noctis led team I could find. I usually try and stick to teams in the 1.0 ratio so that it's a challenge while still on par with me, but figured what the heck.

Turns out this was a team of 3 Noctii and 2 Exdeath.
He went first.

That experiment didn't last long.

Arena has been more psychologically manageable since I gave Greg a Golem Staff and Thorned Mace. I just set Refia to Bio Blaster.

Stoned Cecils bow before me.

Because screw Arena Cecils.

This can be 100% prevented by the entire team with shop items, so it was never a problem.

True, but nobody WANTS to equip those items. They want their TMs equipped dammit!

Now, if they had a UI screen that allowed you to equip different items and espers based on the team instead of by the unit, it would be an entirely different story. But I agree that it's a pain in the ass to keep switching out gear between when I'm in the arena vs. anywhere else in the game.

They should learn a thing or two from Record Keeper, they have loadouts.

Yeah, this game needs loadouts like no ones business.........having to change equipment just to do Arena and then back is annoying as all hell. Also all they need to do for Stop is add it as something that a Ribbon can prevent just like every other status ailment and that is that.

Just lost another 80 streak to 2x Noctis, Lightning, Gilga and WK Noel shenanigans. It is what it is but when the opponent is constantly going first each god damn round you can't really do anything to counter such consistent damage.

(this is my only hope)

thanks in advance

EDIT:

I have not had any experience with this. I'd also ask on the reddit forums to see if they can be of assistance as well. Good luck though man, that shit sucks.

Brunire

(this is my only hope)

thanks in advance

EDIT:

Customer support inquiry code is 12 characters and can have numbers, lowercase and capital letters.

Phew, busy day at work but before I went in used that moogle to finally finish my first DW! Woooo! Even with just Chiji katana Noctus' attack went through the roof from what it was before :D Having a unit like this has literally breathed new life into the game for me. Not even just because he's a great unit but because I've literally had no DPS units playing since July. Now I have Noctis and Chorizo (and recently CoD but mithril mace :|) plus getting an awesome healer in Refia...I swapped my entire team out except the tank haha Really going to change the way I play. I'll have to swap WoL out for Cecil soon as I just need one more LB lvl to hit 15 and don't think I'm going to bother leveling it at 5*. I don't think it's worth it and will just shoot from 4 to 6* once it hits 15. I'm hoping those two LB pots we get from group RAID rewards are enough to get that level up. Also, I only need one more RAID run to hit 12k and get that Moogle! So I'll knock that out after work and then can focus on TM farming and or working on the new story missions. Is there anything good in Zoldaad part 1?

As for Arena, I've never tried a single match. Based on the dicsussions here, if I have a maxed Noctis can I just go in with Blizzard flask and effortlessly win? Or do you need an all around strong team? I still need to max Refia and then work on leveling Chorizo. Thank goodness the Dunes are coming back!

Phew, busy day at work but before I went in used that moogle to finally finish my first DW! Woooo! Even with just Chiji katana Noctus' attack went through the roof from what it was before :D Having a unit like this has literally breathed new life into the game for me. Not even just because he's a great unit but because I've literally had no DPS units playing since July. Now I have Noctis and Chorizo (and recently CoD but mithril mace :|) plus getting an awesome healer in Refia...I swapped my entire team out except the tank haha Really going to change the way I play. I'll have to swap WoL out for Cecil soon as I just need one more LB lvl to hit 15 and don't think I'm going to bother leveling it at 5*. I don't think it's worth it and will just shoot to 6* once it hits 15. I'm hoping those two LB pots we get from group RAID rewards are enough to get that level up. Also, I only need one more RAID run to hit 12k and get that Moogle! So I'll knock that out after work and then can focus on TM farming and or working on the new story missions. Is there anything good in Zoldaad part 1?

As for Arena, I've never tried a single match. Based on the dicsussions here, if I have a maxed Noctis can I just go in with Blizzard flask and effortlessly win? Or do you need an all around strong team? I still need to max Refia and then work on leveling Chorizo. Thank goodness the Dunes are coming back!

Congrats, DW is amazing, makes a ridiculous difference!

Depends what you want from Arena, you definitely don't need a super crazy team to get 3k-30k. I have zero 5* base characters yet can hang around 15-18k pretty effortlessly (as long as black magic is allowed).

Congrats, DW is amazing, makes a ridiculous difference!

Depends what you want from Arena, you definitely don't need a super crazy team to get 3k-30k. I have zero 5* base characters yet can hang around 15-18k pretty effortlessly (as long as black magic is allowed).

Thanks! I'm assuming you are talking about rank versus all the other players? I should probably look up how the rewards work.

Thanks! I'm assuming you are talking about rank versus all the other players? I should probably look up how the rewards work.

Correct. if you can be in 3k-30k I think you get a 10% trust moogle as a monthly reward? I don't really understand how the reward system works but I think you get 5 rewards a day (for the first 5 arena matches you play), regardless of whether you win. If you have the time there is no downside to trying it!

Correct. if you can be in 3k-30k I think you get a 10% trust moogle as a monthly reward? I don't really understand how the reward system works but I think you get 5 rewards a day (for the first 5 arena matches you play), regardless of whether you win. If you have the time there is no downside to trying it!

Holy crap I just saw you get a bunch of pots and trust moogles each month like you said....I need to get in on that.

Kouriozan

It's just to highlight the current daily bundle so people spend all their lapis and have to buy more for the New Year bundle, haha.

For anyone using Nox, I found the game a lot more stable running entrance vs exit.

Really? How bizarre but thanks for the tip. It's one less fight, right? Perhaps just getting in and out of runs faster helps. Actually, I was wondering why everyone does Exit anyway?

Broseybrose

Really? How bizarre but thanks for the tip. It's one less fight, right? Perhaps just getting in and out of runs faster helps. Actually, I was wondering why everyone does Exit anyway?

I think because 3 battles is 3 chances at that 0.1% gain, as opposed to only 2 chances.

chrono01

>.> Well... add me to the Noctis joined my crew group... He decided to join after a Rosa Gold, no upgrades, just boom rainbow.
Congrats!

Sorry for the delayed congratulations, been a busy week. >_<

I was all part of the plan :p

JJtp1Igl.png

Should be interesting...(when do we get the Burst Pot!?:()

What's with the terrible quality of that picture though?

And and pull today was Edgar.
Eh, I'll likely run it for the reward and move on.

This is the most boring event ever.
I don't mind it. With the holidays, I've been spending a lot of time with friends/family (even more in the coming days for New Years), so it's nice not having a heavy grind event since I can't always sit there and grind with so much going on.

I did it GAF!

If this ever happens to me...

Damn. Just damn. Sorry man.

I was using some tickets and accidentally did a 500 lapis summon. Fuck. It's way too easy to misclick there.
This happened to me at least three times so far. The first I got a Tilith out of it (yay), the second/third I got Edgar (ugh) and Clyne (ugh!). Worst 1000 Lapis spent ever.

(this is my only hope)

thanks in advance

EDIT:
Sorry man, I wish you luck in getting your account back. I'd tell you your ID, but unfortunately I don't believe we were ever friends (I thought I had everyone here on my Friend List) so I don't know your ID. Hopefully someone else can help you out!

When/If you do get your account back, definitely link it to a Facebook account!

So....

Who is everyone's top waifus?
Fencer. She needs a 6*.

I think because 3 battles is 3 chances at that 0.1% gain, as opposed to only 2 chances.

Is that how it works? I figured it just rolled a dice when you completed the whole thing.

Holy crap, a miracle! Neither the game nor Nox crashed while I was at work! Awesome! I experimented with not having a web browser up, only Nox after rebooting my computer. I normally leave my computer on 24/7 so I'm going to try the experiment again tomorrow morning, reboot and only open Nox. Here's hoping I finally found a recipe for farming success!

(this is my only hope)

thanks in advance

EDIT:

The Inquiry Code is a mix of 12 letters and numbers. Ex: BrS4K24jmeSn

Daily Pulls of Despair:

Mercedes #2
Shadow
Clyne
Charlotte #2,321
Galuf
Tellah

I've been thinking about you and your situation and let me ask, lack of 5* base aside, are you at all happy with your team? I get the impression not overly much and you haven't completed too many TMs, have you? If not, as much as you've done in this game, I'd consider re-rolling with an alt. Especially since you can run the two at the same time anyway and if you end up like CCIE, could end up with a better team and swap over. As much as it'd suck to start all over, this would be the perfect banner to do it with. You roll until you get Noctis, the best character out there and then have another top DPS unit you're very likely to get on your way to Noctis AND a guaranteed solid tank. Then factor in you'll likely get some other solid TMs on the way to Noctis and it'd be a great new beginning. Think about how happy that team would make you and if it would revitalize the game for you because if it would, it'd be worth losing your rank and equipment. Ultimately you're playing to have fun so do what'd be more fun. As you can do this as an alt account, there's really nothing to lose (except a little sanity re-rolling a ton of times). If you get that nice ensemble, you swap accounts and if not, you lose nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom