• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

I was all part of the plan :p

JJtp1Igl.png

Should be interesting...(when do we get the Burst Pot!?:()

What's with the terrible quality of that picture though?

And and pull today was Edgar.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is the most boring event ever.

Probably chose this type of laid back event because many players will be busy with celebrations, family and co. during the Holidays. Would piss of part of the base if they would have the biggest farming event right now...lol.

...but yeah its kinda lackluster, could be worse though.

Said I would not pull anymore but these 300 lapis bundles are great.

Got Charlotte and my 2nd Firion.

Is there any reason to level up both of my newly acquired Firion?

2 tickets from the bundle today...

Gilbert 3*
Fang 3*

Oh boy. One day left to attempt to get Noctis, have zero hope at this point of ever getting a 5*.

Said I would not pull anymore but these 300 lapis bundles are great.

Got Charlotte and my 2nd Firion.

Is there any reason to level up both of my newly acquired Firion?

Word on the street is that Firion becomes a BEAST when he gets his 6* upgrade down the line. I think it might even be pretty soon.

Or did you mean is it worth it to keep 2 of them instead of fusing them together?

LucaMac

What's the likelyhood of the new years bundle happening? Considering saving the new update lapis etc for it, but I'd have to skip the 300 bundle the next few days which is stupidly good value.

Razmos

What's the likelyhood of the new years bundle happening? Considering saving the new update lapis etc for it, but I'd have to skip the 300 bundle the next few days which is stupidly good value.
There was nothing datamined, except for some "extra translated text for 4* summon tickets"

There will probably be something but we have no idea what

Major TM day for me. Spent too much lapis to speed things along the past few days, but it's worth it.

This morning I finished up a Bracer, Power of Creation, and Save the Queen. Put them all on my Lightning to get her at 663 ATK once I put Ifrit back on her after the raid. Very exciting!!

Now I'm working on dualcast (at 80.6%), a champion's belt (11.1%), 2 dual wields (painfully at 0.5 and 1.1%), and a black cowl (3.4%). After dualcast is wrapped up, I'm going for Miyuki.

Major TM day for me. Spent too much lapis to speed things along the past few days, but it's worth it.

This morning I finished up a Bracer, Power of Creation, and Save the Queen. Put them all on my Lightning to get her at 663 ATK once I put Ifrit back on her after the raid. Very exciting!!

Now I'm working on dualcast (at 80.6%), a champion's belt (11.1%), 2 dual wields (painfully at 0.5 and 1.1%), and a black cowl (3.4%). After dualcast is wrapped up, I'm going for Miyuki.

Maintenance kept me from PoC, BM2, and Subarufuki. I'm at like 85-90 on all. Fortunately, I have so many Lenna, Leo, Arc, Agrias, Cecil, Xiao, and Mercedes dupes I can run teams of 5 to get and fuse their TMs. When you're shooting for 16%, it's manageable.

Then back to singles: Ramza, Noctis, Gaff, Hayate, Hayate.

Menchi

>.> Well... add me to the Noctis joined my crew group... He decided to join after a Rosa Gold, no upgrades, just boom rainbow.

Congratz! Another one of us gets him, not many that can't have him now?

I pulled two daily bundle tickets, and I caved and did a 11 pull;

Blue - Kefka (4th)
Blue - Charlotte (Lost count)
Gold - Garnet (1st... But useless? Melody of Life looks ok)
Blue - Firion (4th)
Blue - Roselia (1st. Not much use though)
Blue - Roselia (2nd...)
Blue - Gilbert (2nd)
Blue - Fran (10th)
Blue - Kuja (5th)
Gold - Mercedes (2nd, nice!)
Blue - Garland (4th?)
Blue - Rakshahaha (1st, but useless)
Blue - Lani (Countless)

So outside of Mercedes, pretty much junk or unneeded dupes! Still, Mercedes is good, so not too sad. And I did always want a Garnet, just because FF9

I'm on iOS so I use switch control. It's not as "set and forget" as Nox/Memu, but it's a far cry easier than trying to do things manually.

Personally I just set my phone aside while I'm at work and check on it every 45 minutes or so to see if I need to refresh NRG, clear out an error screen, or something of the like.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Use the 120 nrg and my daily for the new map. I'm going to want Odin.

Also want to make sure to get 5k lapis if the deal comes. Don't want to crack into my purchased lapis for that when I'm sitting on so many missions

Just finished up the all of the new story sections. The NRG per mission is shockingly low (max was 7 NRG), and I had a rank up in the middle to refresh. Lots of free lapis to be had, which is great. I made sure to hit up all of the missions rewards the first time through.

Word of warning, almost every mission has a reward along the lines of "use 3 limit bursts". That is actually quite challenging, as my units can easily destroy the enemies with one attack. So I had to bring along a couple unarmed mages to attack for the limit burst gems and defend with everyone else. Worked out perfectly, although it made each mission very loooooooong in the tooth.

Now back to TM farming....

Damn. I decided to just keep buying the 300 lapis for two tickets thing until the Noctis event ends. And today I get krile and CHAROLETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH

Razmos

Just finished up the all of the new story sections. The NRG per mission is shockingly low (max was 7 NRG), and I had a rank up in the middle to refresh. Lots of free lapis to be had, which is great. I made sure to hit up all of the missions rewards the first time through.

Word of warning, almost every mission has a reward along the lines of "use 3 limit bursts". That is actually quite challenging, as my units can easily destroy the enemies with one attack. So I had to bring along a couple unarmed mages to attack for the limit burst gems and defend with everyone else. Worked out perfectly, although it made each mission very loooooooong in the tooth.

Now back to TM farming....
The best way for those is to focus on a specific enemy, for example. The first round has 3 enemies, tap on one to target it, then get all your characters to auto attack that one. Rinse and repeat on each enemy until you have filled limit gauges, no need to switch out your team. It's what I usually do and it always works for me

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Use 4 limit burst + 3 magic attacks is the real challenge.

Quite easy if you have Chiz, Bartz, Cecil, Elza etc. - just need aim for a single enemy with normal attacks to raise LB and finish the stage with one unit using magic attacks while the rest continues with standard attacks.

The best way for those is to focus on a specific enemy, for example. The first round has 3 enemies, tap on one to target it, then get all your characters to auto attack that one. Rinse and repeat on each enemy until you have filled limit gauges, no need to switch out your team. It's what I usually do and it always works for me

Normally I'd agree, but I just wasn't getting enough gems to get 3-4 limit bursts before round 3 ended. I just killed them too quickly. But I'm sure that's a YMMV type of thing.

Use 4 limit burst + 3 magic attacks is the real challenge.

I just used the same unarmed mage technique to attack until the limit bursts were ready, usually in round 1 or 2. And then just used one of my mages lowest version of the spell three times in succession. And then let all hell break loose and coasted through the rest as my LBs went off. Again, it's tedious but I got every mission reward the first time through.

Normally I'd agree, but I just wasn't getting enough gems to get 3-4 limit bursts before round 3 ended. I just killed them too quickly. But I'm sure that's a YMMV type of thing.

I just used the same unarmed mage technique to attack until the limit bursts were ready, usually in round 1 or 2. And then just used one of my mages lowest version of the spell three times in succession. And then let all hell break loose and coasted through the rest as my LBs went off. Again, it's tedious but I got every mission reward the first time through.

I used Refia as a primary attacker. She also healed the enemy. And I took the weakest friend unit I could find nearly each time.

CCIE

Banned
Most know my story. Played since soft launch, and went non-F2P chasing WoL when he first came out. Didn't get him, and couldn't draw a tank to save my life... account really seemed cursed. Lightning banner came, spent everything for Charlotte instead of Light - couldn't get her... finally rerolled ALT account with Light, Charlotte, and Garnet in frustration. Overnight, my ALT was the better account from the start. Ran with two accounts, and ALT account pulled Cecil on banner, but main account couldn't get him either. Finally dropped main for ALT as the ALT got better and better, especially after Refia banner came and went with no Refia on PRI. Drew multiple on ALT...

After WoL was strictly F2P - until Noctis. Went all out trying to get him or Chizuru with no luck. Have used all my resources once again... took everything just to get a simple Chizuru (last ticket until event) - finally pulled my cutie WoL though...

Still, no Noctis and only Light from reroll

Only still playing because of the community at this time. Spending more and more time with FFIX on the phone to deal with frustration.

Most know my story. Played since soft launch, and went non-F2P chasing WoL when he first came out. Didn't get him, and couldn't draw a tank to save my life... account really seemed cursed. Lightning banner came, spent everything for Charlotte instead of Light - couldn't get her... finally rerolled ALT account with Light, Charlotte, and Garnet in frustration. Overnight, my ALT was the better account from the start. Ran with two accounts, and ALT account pulled Cecil on banner, but main account couldn't get him either. Finally dropped main for ALT as the ALT got better and better, especially after Refia banner came and went with no Refia on PRI. Drew multiple on ALT...

After WoL was strictly F2P - until Noctis. Went all out trying to get him or Chizuru with no luck. Have used all my resources once again... took everything just to get a simple Chizuru (last ticket until event) - finally pulled my cutie WoL though...

Still, no Noctis and only Light from reroll

Only still playing because of the community at this time. Spending more and more time with FFIX on the phone to deal with frustration.

I understand that pain. I'm sorry. You're in good shape though at this point. I haven't pulled Noctis either and blew everything I had to only get Chiz. But you know what? I don't think Noctis is even necessary for players that already have a good crew. With this game we'll pull other units eventually anyway, and it'll just go on and on till they shut the server's down. Let's not ever feel like we have to pull that one unit to succeed. Especially when we're chasing a rainbow drop. I'm also never going to spend money on this because I learned my lesson in record keeper. I'm actually about to finally quit that game if I don't pull something specific from an upcoming banner. These gatcha games are really shitty sometimes.

Kouriozan

I know that feeling very well, had for a month now, and yes this community is what kept me up.
I did it GAF!
ewKWOFS.png
Damn, I'll give you rainbow Hope.

Damnit I can't get my image to display lol what am I doing wrong x_x

You linked the imgur page with your screenshot instead of the picture directly.

Kouriozan

I was using some tickets and accidentally did a 500 lapis summon. Fuck. It's way too easy to misclick there.
With the upcoming UI update, we'll have ticket summoning separated from the lapis one, and the introduction of 4* tickets, we really need that QoL change.

CCIE

Banned
The only truly frustrating thing is the Arena. I get walloped every time I try to fight anything with greater than a 1.0 ratio. It's set up against mages, which is what I have

The only truly frustrating thing is the Arena. I get walloped every time I try to fight anything with greater than a 1.0 ratio. It's set up against mages, which is what I have

What rank are you? I run 4 mages and CoD with decent success (I win the majority of fights until I start fighting people around 10k). Just 4 chain an aga (usually blizzaga) and then CoD barrage.

Kouriozan

Looks like I'll have to buy 20€ of Lapis if we get that 5k Lapis New Year bundle. (I had 5 this morning lol)
Of course if it don't have a 30% ATK materia then it won't be worth it at all for me.

Looks like I'll have to buy 20€ of Lapis if we get that 5k Lapis New Year bundle. (I had 5 this morning lol)
Of course if it don't have a 30% ATK materia then it won't be worth it at all for me.

I'm still holding out hope that we get anything beyond something like 5 free tickets like we did on Christmas. Datamining has found nothing so far, which I know isn't a definitive no, but it sure puts a damper on my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom