• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I think that if the FP event DID come back they'd probably include stat/burst pots in there too. I would definitely save your points

Alkez

Yo what's up everyone? Been a while since I posted. Holidays were good, spent both days (we have another public holiday the day after Christmas day in the UK) with family so just spent my time on the game TM farming. Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday.

I have to say that when I pulled my first 5* base before the holidays and it was Ramza instead of Noctis I was bit a disappointed. But since then he has come in so clutch for me. Really helped me with the event thanks to Hero's Rime. I was struggling with this week's Arena but then I had the idea to max out Ramza and use him as a second mage with Ultima. It chains very easily with Meteor and Phantom Shadow and it doesn't require much investment to hit the 999 cap. Since then Arena has been a breeze again. Very happy with the work this guy is putting in for me. It does mean that when I awaken Cecil to 6* in the next week or so I won't be able to max him to 100 but it was worth it to make my current situation easier.

I caught up with everything that's been going on in the thread here. Congrats to all the new Noctis owners. To those who don't have him like myself, hopefully other nice things will be bestowed upon us in the future (Eileen please!!).

there are but it's bad planning to pull for them when an event is not going on, since you are going to get tons of them during the event regardless

So while my FP are full i just switch to Gil or other rewards from friends while I wait it out

While this is true that event has only come up twice since Global launched. I do about 5 multi pulls a week because I get capped Friend Points from TM farming constantly. So I do the 5 Multi pulls at the end of the week to lower it a bit and then let it get to 100k again and do it again and again and again.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Shin getting mowed down for what, politics? smh

2. I am betting we get a new year's gift or SOMETHING.

3. dumb dilemma: I have +15% in trust moogles and am not sure whether to finish off Rising Sun for a CoD I can no longer DW with (since Noctis), or to finish off DualCast, or +30% Mag, or to save it for Blade Mastery or Sakurafubuki. What a great problem to have! My gut tells me that clearing out near-finished TMs is the important thing, regardless of where they'll eventually go.

4. I'll take one more swing at this Noctis banner since I need a summon for the daily and also because I don't think we'll see a banner this good for a long time.

5. Good to see you back, Alkez!

Razmos

3. dumb dilemma: I have +15% in trust moogles and am not sure whether to finish off Rising Sun for a CoD I can no longer DW with (since Noctis), or to finish off DualCast, or +30% Mag, or to save it for Blade Mastery or Sakurafubuki. What a great problem to have! My gut tells me that clearing out near-finished TMs is the important thing, regardless of where they'll eventually go.
I'd say Dualcast if you are trying to get it for your healer. It really makes a huge dfference

UrSuLeTzU

1. Shin getting mowed down for what, politics? smh

2. I am betting we get a new year's gift or SOMETHING.

4. I'll take one more swing at this Noctis banner since I need a summon for the daily and also because I don't think we'll see a banner this good for a long time.

5. Good to see you back, Alkez!

This banner was anything but good to me from the starting 5* Fang with no Chiz in between and ending with a troll 5* Lenna in 100 pulls...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This banner was anything but good to me from the starting 5* Fang with no Chiz in between and ending with a troll 5* Lenna in 100 pulls...

Sorry you got screwed by the odds. :( That really doesn't change the fact that Noctis + Mercedes + Charlotte is a remarkably good banner, though.

Pejo

I'm not sure what you're using on Noct, but a 100+ attack throwing weapon isn't the best nor worst you could do for him. I'm like you though, I like to just aim at whatever's closest.

Hey also; did you ever get your missing lapis issue fixed? I ended up getting a refund through Amazon because Gumi wouldn't even answer my tickets anymore.

Agreed. didn't get any troll 5*'s (or any 5*'s at all) but no Chiz or Mercedes during it, and of course no Noct. Very disappointing.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm not sure what you're using on Noct, but a 100+ attack throwing weapon isn't the best nor worst you could do for him. I'm like you though, I like to just aim at whatever's closest.

Hey also; did you ever get your missing lapis issue fixed? I ended up getting a refund through Amazon because Gumi wouldn't even answer my tickets anymore.

1. wait a dang second, can Noctis equip throwing weapons??? If so then problem solved.

2. I did, but I had to go through Apple support, and I only got a refund -- no compensation from Gumi for making me wait 14 days while they held my god damned money. I'm still pissed but whatever. I'm not giving them any more money, I'm telling others not to, I left a 1* review, and I lit their feedback request on fire.

Pejo

1. wait a dang second, can Noctis equip throwing weapons??? If so then problem solved.

2. I did, but I had to go through Apple support, and I only got a refund -- no compensation from Gumi for making me wait 14 days while they held my god damned money. I'm still pissed but whatever. I'm not giving them any more money, I'm telling others not to, I left a 1* review, and I lit their feedback request on fire.

Yep: Power of Kings - Throwing Weapons Increase MAG/SPR (20%) when equipped with a throwing weapon

Even gets a MAG/SPR buff to help a bit with those pesky hybrid skills.

That's a good idea to leave a review and feedback, I'll have to do that too.

tariniel

Spent 10 tickets on the Noctis banner hoping:

Charlotte
Charlotte
Clyne
Charlotte
Fang
Sabin
Luna
troll gold Roselia
Vanille
Hayate

I have 12 tickets left and have enough lapis to do two 11 pulls. How bad do I want it? :(

Syntsui

Spent 10 tickets on the Noctis banner hoping:

Charlotte
Charlotte
Clyne
Charlotte
Fang
Sabin
Luna
troll gold Roselia
Vanille
Hayate

I have 12 tickets left and have enough lapis to do two 11 pulls. How bad do I want it? :(
Spend everything. The next banner worth a shit is at least 2-3 months away.

Skii

How many slots do you guys have for materials? I'm already full at 65 again. I literally spend all my lapis on fucking slots for items and characters!

Is there anything I can get rid of in my materials? lol.

How many slots do you guys have for materials? I'm already full at 65 again. I literally spend all my lapis on fucking slots for items and characters!

I have it at 140 and TM farming still requires that I go in now and again to clean up. I have no frickin' clue how you are at 65 and not bashing your phone against the wall.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Look for anything in the 99s. If you're TM'ing, you can safely get rid of:

[ ] Life Orbs
[ ] Thickened Hides
[ ] Raptor Feathers
[ ] Beast Meat
[ ] Seed of Life
[ ] Aqua Pearl
[ ] Rainbow Needle
[ ] Esper Shard
[ ] Esper Cryst

All that said, I'm sitting at 105 slots and get close to filling up every time I TM overnight. Usually sell back down to 91-93. Wary of selling the wrong thing. Just know if you see more than 50 of something, it's probably pretty easy to acquire more in a pinch.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yep: Power of Kings - Throwing Weapons Increase MAG/SPR (20%) when equipped with a throwing weapon

Even gets a MAG/SPR buff to help a bit with those pesky hybrid skills.

That's a good idea to leave a review and feedback, I'll have to do that too.

So I'm looking at unit calc, and unequipping Enhancer (+82 ATK/+23MAG) in favor of Rising Sun (+107ATK) actually lowers my ATK from 532 to 524. LOL! And my mag only goes up from 190 to 197.

Guessing equipping him with Rising Sun is not the best strat after all.

Edit for compare:

Excal + Rising Sun said:
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Rising Sun +107ATK
Head: Tiger Mask +14ATK+3DEF
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Hyper Wrist +10ATK
Accessory 2: Hyper Wrist +10ATK
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Destroyer's Authority +10% HP
Ability 3: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 4: Destroyer's Authority +10% HP
Total Stats: HP: 5216 MP: 200 ATK: 524 DEF: 147 MAG: 197 SPR: 163

Excal + Enhancer said:
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Head: Tiger Mask +14ATK+3DEF
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Hyper Wrist +10ATK
Accessory 2: Hyper Wrist +10ATK
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Destroyer's Authority +10% HP
Ability 3: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 4: Destroyer's Authority +10% HP
Total Stats: HP: 5216 MP: 200 ATK: 532 DEF: 147 MAG: 190 SPR: 156

Lyrian

No new banner and no bundles announcement nor datamined, defend this shit Gumi apologists.

It will be a big paradigm shift to release something not datamined.

Spend everything. The next banner worth a shit is at least 2-3 months away.

Definitely not an apologist, but what if...

-- Gumi is intentionally holding off on the banner for last day Noctis panic pulls?

-- With the latest version update, Gumi is able to hide more information server side and doesn't need to push that info client side where it can be datamined in advance?

-- What if the game already knows and is keeping track of the next raid reward tiers now and is simply not reporting anything to the client until a switch is flipped (if so,likely with the raid release on Friday)?

--Can you really say that there won't be a new shiny Noctis-tier global exclusive within the next 2 to 3 months to throw everyone another curveball?

CCIE

Banned
Okay, done with the event. TM farming for me today. Excalibur will be mine soon. And in a few days PoC and Bracer as well. Light in the high 600's, and Zidane and two Sab's added to the TM train.

I love the Dunes, but may skip out in favor of TM farming.. unsure

Pejo

So I'm looking at unit calc, and unequipping Enhancer (+82 ATK/+23MAG) in favor of Rising Sun (+107ATK) actually lowers my ATK from 532 to 524. LOL! And my mag only goes up from 190 to 197.

Guessing equipping him with Rising Sun is not the best strat after all.

Edit for compare:

Interesting tidbit! I found other weird stuff that you wouldn't expect like that too. For instance, you get more atk with the 61 atk katana on Noct with Blade Mastery than equipping him with Gugnir - at 92 atk with his spear buff.

I also found that the calculator can be a bit off with real in-game stats, due to the way the %'s stack I guess. Rising Sun is still a sweet weapon for CoD though.

j-wood

Spent my last two tickets to get Noctis before this banner goes away.

I got a snow, and I already have cecil. Other one was trash :(

Celegus

Considered spending my last 1k lapis on 2 more pulls but I know I would end up with similar... so yea :
I wouldn't. Wasn't meant to be and the 500 pulls are silly expensive for what you get. Just save up again and try again next time. Personally I'd rather do 10 refills and get 10% on all my TMs.

robotuw

Bought the daily 300 chest and used my two tickets:

Miyuki - damn near fainted. Finally a freaking Sakurufubuki!
Zidane - 4th one. Went from having none for months to now having many dupes, wtf.

Dammit I'm so jealous. I desperately need those two more than any other characters. Congrats!

What?! I got Miyuki earlier but i sold it because the wiki said it was a trash unit. wtf

They are both useless as characters but their TMs are amazing. Zidane's is one of the best in the game, and Miyuki's is the best katana in the game, which is great if you have blade mastery and don't want to be stuck using Chirijiraden (and thus fire element) all the time. Also don't blindly follow the wiki ratings, or at least look at the TM page before you sell stuff off, even some of the FP units have good TM's.

Azuran

Banned
THERE SHE IS

jOBSHNM.jpg

I'm way more happy seeing her than Noctis.

What?! I got Miyuki earlier but i sold it because the wiki said it was a trash unit. wtf

That's why you don't trash units until you check their TMs:

https://exviuswiki.com/Sakurafubuki

RIP

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you dont care about TMs she is trash...yeah. But you shouldnt sell of Gacha exclusive units - you never know who might get buffed or receive good updates down the line. Even Hayate got a 6* version in Japan.

Skii

Damn I sold off 3 Miyukis today to clear up box space... I literally just used the wiki to see what units were 6 or above and sold the rest. I knew I should've asked on here.

EDarkness

As I said yesterday, the Noctis banner has been extremely good to me. I had a few tickets left and figure I'd spend 4 to round out the number of tickets I had. Ended up with another Mercedes, Medius, Charlotte, and NOCTIS! Damn, I got three rainbow crystals using this banner that produced Snow, Lightning, and Noctis. Amazing stuff. Doesn't change my plans on making the supreme CoD, but it does make things a lot more interesting going forward. I don't have a need to pull anything for a long while since my team should be solid now. Good thing we're getting Cactaur Dunes this weekend. Gonna try hard to finish up Lightning, Vaan, and Noctis.

I haven't done much TM grinding these days, but with the 15% I'm getting from this event, I'm gonna throw them onto Locke to get a Rising Sun for Cloud. I'll probably leave Cloud with Rising Sun and Thorned Mace since that's a good combination for wrecking crap in the Arena. After that, I'll probably get Power of Creation off of Maxwell. Still no Ludmille to get Dual Cast. :(

Damn, what happened to Shintoki?

Shouta

I was just looking at the JP fan event videos and noticed the illustrations of the FFBE chars by Amano. Man, those are really good, lol.

Kouriozan

Heh, Cline is sold as soon as he pops out of the crystal. Nothing of value with that character.

The completionist inside me refuse to do it, but yeah even his TM won't redeem him.
Since it's a Brave Exvius original character, he might get an exclusive 6* awakening (and still suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom