• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Contacted customer service on a second ELT run going straight to finish. No points at end. I just tell them to look into it and fix it. And tell them not to contact me if they're going to copy/paste a 'fix' that isn't on my end. What did they do? Copy/pasted a 'fix' when all I told them to do was to fix their damn issue. I'm not even asking for anything but getting it fixed. I feel like I need comp on how I keep talking to fucking brick walls EVERY time I contact them about an issue and all I say is look into it and fix it.

Since pulling Noctis last week I've pulled Exdeath, Refia, Krile, Warrior of light, Charlotte, cod, chiz, Tella, Garland, Faris, kefka, Bartz...

Who should I be using? Keep in mind I'm a new player so everything is low leveled.

Can somebody post what these lapis new year's bundles are every one thinks is happening? I don't see any sign of them anywhere. If it's based on something Japan got, what were they?

Since pulling Noctis last week I've pulled Exdeath, Refia, Krile, Warrior of light, Charlotte, cod, chiz, Tella, Garland, Faris, kefka, Bartz...

Who should I be using? Keep in mind I'm a new player so everything is low leveled.

That is a lot of really good units.

Refia is pretty much the best healer, so definitely her.
Warrior of Light is the best full breaker (to my understanding, don't have him myself) so probably a good idea.
Exdeath is one of the best mages (the best mage currently?)
CoD is incredibly flexible and is very powerful, definitely recommend leveling her
Chiz is pure physical damage, she does one thing and does it really well.

If you don't have Cecil or Noel, Charlotte is your tank choice so probably worth leveling for harder content.

Those should be your priorities with that list I think.

Celegus

That is an insane lineup already, wow. Refia chiz and exdeath should be first priorities, then warrior of light and cloud of darkness I'd think.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

You should be focused on getting through the bulk of the story, first. With that in mind, you'd have a pretty damn good team with the following:

DPS: Noctis, Chizuru, CoD
Mage: ExDeath
Heal: Refia
Tank: WoL (for full break) or Charlotte
Support: Bartz

Seriously, you already have enough units to carry you through the next 5-6 months of content if you focus on the story first (leveling units along the way), espers 2nd, then TMs, then events.

I'm so jealous if you're actually a new player. Like, holy shit. Maybe don't tell anyone else.

That is a lot of really good units.

Refia is pretty much the best healer, so definitely her.
Warrior of Light is the best full breaker (to my understanding, don't have him myself) so probably a good idea.
Exdeath is one of the best mages (the best mage currently?)
CoD is incredibly flexible and is very powerful, definitely recommend leveling her
Chiz is pure physical damage, she does one thing and does it really well.

If you don't have Cecil or Noel, Charlotte is your tank choice so probably worth leveling for harder content.

Those should be your priorities with that list I think.

That is an insane lineup already, wow. Refia chiz and exdeath should be first priorities, then warrior of light and cloud of darkness I'd think.

You should be focused on getting through the bulk of the story, first. With that in mind, you'd have a pretty damn good team with the following:

Seriously, you already have enough units to carry you through the next 5-6 months of content if you focus on the story first (leveling units along the way), espers 2nd, then TMs, then events.

I'm so jealous if you're actually a new player. Like, holy shit. Maybe don't tell anyone else.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Time to finish the story and start hoarding Lapis I guess.
sSzKblC.png

j-wood

well, since I royally fucked up that TM today, can I can some opinions on how this team looks:

4 star Chizuru
4 star Refia
4 Star Cecil
4 star Krile
5 star Bartz

sSzKblC.png

Agreed with all of this, except I'd suggest leveling Rain too. Rain will become the best 6* Full Breaker and top-tier Cheerleader when his awakening is released, which should be soon. WoL's isn't for a while, I think.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Can you imagine starting over and getting to start with Noctis + Chizuru + ExDeath + Refia + Bartz??

I'm sitting over here wondering how tf that is possible tbqh

CCIE

Banned
Amazing team for starting out... WoL is both FB and tank.. Did you pull Charlotte? She's a fabulous tank if you haven't pulled Cecil. It really comes down to how you can outfit them. Need to TM Zidane if you have him, and level Chorizo if you have Miuki.

What els do you have?

robotuw

well, since I royally fucked up that TM today, can I can some opinions on how this team looks:

4 star Chizuru
4 star Refia
4 Star Cecil
4 star Krile
5 star Bartz

That's a pretty solid lineup. Chizuru and Bartz are going to be your physical dps with Refia as healer and Cecil as tank. Krile is sorta the odd one out here as the only char without a 6* but she's a solid mage with native dualcast and she can be a great backup healer. She also has Aeroga which is pretty rare, though she lacks ice and fire magic.

sSzKblC.png

So that's where all the luck in the forums went eh? None the less I don't think I've ever seen a better start to this game. This is freaking insane. You don't really understand how lucky you are to have this team. You are off to an AMAZING start. Congrats!

Did a friend list purge.

344,017,137 for anyone that wants to add (like the guy who's literally GAF's luckiest player and who should probably just go buy a single lottery ticket tonight).

j-wood

That's a pretty solid lineup. Chizuru and Bartz are going to be your physical dps with Refia as healer and Cecil as tank. Krile is sorta the odd one out here as the only char without a 6* but she's a solid mage with native dualcast and she can be a great backup healer. She also has Aeroga which is pretty rare, though she lacks ice and fire magic.

Should I use Kefka instead of her?

Likely last day to pull for Noctis, didn't get him.

Got my first Snow though. Another Charlotte too.

Overall I would say the banner has been good to me.

robotuw

Should I use Kefka instead of her?

Tough to say. Kefka is also missing fire so he basically trades Krile's wind magic for ice magic. Instead of dualcast and healing spells he has hyperdrive, a single target ability that does a ton of magic damage. Normally I'd say Krile but you already have Refia and Cecil to heal so focusing on raw damage with Kefka might be better. Kefka is also eventually getting a 6* (though it's not great) while Krile so far does not have one.

Oh, but you have Bartz who you can chain wind spells off of, and who lowers wind resistance so Krile's probably a better fit after all. Kefka's worth working on afterwards if you want to create a mage team later though.

CCIE

Banned
Refia with the Bustier is my MVP. Frosty can't really hurt her, and she just brings two units back to life. Second round, he charges, and I can finish him off. OP friend units help as well

Syntsui

Is there a secret to beating the frosty event? I just get one shot every damn time.

A good set up for the boss is setting up Barblizzaga / Focus / Shellga / Omni Veil, then attack him with fire weapons (Vernandt/Chirijiraden/Flametongue) or chain Firagas. It's always good to full break him too, whenever you get the chance.

If you can't set up all of these and survive, you'd better focus on PRO only for now, this event is only easy for players with great units.

CCIE

Banned
And Excalibur get! Light has moved North of 600 ATK finally. PoC and Bracer should finish in the next day or two...

Added Zidane to the queue, and will add two Miuki in a few days.

Alkez

5. Good to see you back, Alkez!

Thanks Panther. Feels good to be back on GAF.

Did a friend list purge.

344,017,137 for anyone that wants to add (like the guy who's literally GAF's luckiest player and who should probably just go buy a single lottery ticket tonight).

Sent you an invite bro.

I deleted CPP is King cause he hasn't played in 13 days. Did he quit? I remember him complaining about the pull rates compared to RK.

Xion86

Hey all! Been a busy few days so not had a chance to reply but caught up the last few pages since I last replied. Been focusing on TM farming, about 2% off from my first Omnirod :).

Daily pull was Gilbert, that's different.

We haven't got the Burst Pot reward yet have we? Really need that!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Went ahead and used my +10% and +5% trust moogles and a couple extra Ludmilles I had sitting around (I still have one extra for the TM or I wouldn't have) to finish of my 1st DualCast!

HELL YES EVERYONE SAY HELLO TO REFIA SQUARED, aka Refia²

Alkez

Congrats Panther, CCIE, and Azuran on the premium tms. I'm just over 2% away from my first Excalibur.

Daily pull was Gilbert, that's different.

We haven't got the Burst Pot reward yet have we? Really need that!

I got my first Gilbert recently as well. Wasn't sure whether to keep him or not but now that I'm using Ramza as a mage I'll keep him on my "one day I'll farm this tm" list.

Group rewards won't be showing up till the 9th sadly.

CCIE

Banned
My LB pots are all going to Garnet... Cecil is at LB 15, so focusing on someone else for a bit, and my Esper chick seemed a prime candidate. She's at LB 6 currently and climbing

Alkez

Got the last annoying trophy done today. Doing this made my daily missions so much longer. Glad it's finally over. I now have 60 trophies done so all the ring receipes except Exceed Rings will be mine when they release.

C4Nrjfvl.png

CCIE

Banned
After I finish with tricking out Chizuru as well as Light, I'm going to farm a few Garnet's for Refia. She will be a massive pain in the ass to kill by the time I am done with 30% HP, 2 x 20% element resistance, a force shield, and the Bustier. She also wears two Muscle Belts.. More than 5000 HP, and basically immune to anything but physical damage

tariniel

Meh, I spent my 12 remaining tickets on Noctis banner and didn't get him, as expected. I did get another 2x Zidane though, and I got one on Christmas too.

It's funny, a week or two ago I was complaining about never getting Zidane, and now that was my 4th one in a week? When it rains it pours. I got one sometime last week that you guys helped talk me into dumping 100% worth of moogles into him, and now another 3 on the sidelines to do as singles over time. But now I have more Zidane than I do characters that need DW. The only characters I have that might maybe use it someday are when Rain/Firion/Garland get their 6* upgrades.

I'm going to decide not to spend any lapis for 11 pulls to prevent myself from getting too upset. My team doesn't need Noctis to succeed! My brain just wants him because I loved FFXV.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Syntsui (sp?) -- can you reset the logic behind using cactuars on low level units instead of for high level units because of costs? I get the idea but I'm not sure I follow the math (or collateral NRG costs for similar exp gain). Genuinely interested.

Syntsui (sp?) -- can you reset the logic behind using cactuars on low level units instead of for high level units because of costs? I get the idea but I'm not sure I follow the math (or collateral NRG costs for similar exp gain). Genuinely interested.

I can't show you the math, but the higher level someone is, the more it costs to use enhancer units. It's safe to use Gigantuars (and you'll not be hurting for money in a pre-Enhancement world, especially if you TM farm), but it makes little sense to use the lesser cactuars on high level units. Just too expensive.

Basically, look at it this way: take a unit you want to level, and pretend to add 2 Gigantuars. don't confirm. Now add one Gigantuar and one regular cactuar. It should, if I'm remembering correctly, cost the same; however, the XP/gil ratio is way worse.

CCIE

Banned
Panther - the higher your level, the more it costs to fuse. For the most part I only use Gigantaurs on high level units... I use the little ones to level up story units to 3* max for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom