• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Typical OT creator gets banned lmao.

6D4tzDP.png

dCJ24Jg.png

Rixa somehow escaped this curse. (and Falk because Falk)

Sounds like FF Gatcha game curse!

I keep one of every unit I pull but Myuki is a complete trash unit for me. I will never get that TM and if I did I'd get it on about a year. I hate the TM shit. Not enough trust moogles.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. You can safely trash most 1* units if you don't want their TMs. But they're not all terrible TMs -- Liza's lullaby is amazing in the arena and is easy to get if you just fuse your friend point pulls, as is +10% HP from Rizer. Most are trash, though.

2. Not sure you can get mad at the game and/or community for you trashing necessary units without considering the TM while also professing to need or care about TMs in the first place. Like, I understand the frustration, I promise. But you can't not care enough to look while being in a position to actually need TMs to compete.

3. I'm not sure this is super clear. Just trying to say either you care about the game's upper echelon requirements to compete ... or you don't.

4. Amano is one of my favorite all time artists, including the great masters throughout history.

5. wait did i just read that someone sold off any unit that doesn't already have a 6*???

Syntsui

There is a decent number of trash units that serve for nothing but to be sold, if you don't know what to do, ask us first.

Also, save all your minituars and cactuars and feed them to the units you are going to sell. This will net a huge amount of money.

These cactuars are a waste of money on high leveled characters because they cost the same as a Gigantuar on each fusion. I lost about 1m gold on the Maze event using everything I got. That was a huge mistake.

In a few months gold will be the biggest bottleneck in the game and the only way to easily get is selling leveled units or TM farming every single day.

robotuw

Ok for my sanity's sake can we make a list of units that are basically always safe to sell, and then say the rest should be considered based on your situation? There's really not that many that are totally useless:

Bedile - TM and unit are trash
Clyne - ditto
Magitek Armor Terra - Unit is bad and no TM (she is unique though)
Anzelm - Bad and drain TM is readily available elsewhere
Edge? - He's bad and his TM is only good for bad tanks.

That's all I could find. Everyone else is at least potentially useful either for their TM, specific utility, or possibility of future stars. Also this only lists gatcha units. You can always get more FP units if you accidentally sell the good ones.

What, there is a Magitek Armor Terra?????

https://exviuswiki.com/Magitek_Armor_Terra

Syntsui

Ok for my sanity's sake can we make a list of units that are basically always safe to sell, and then say the rest should be considered based on your situation? There's really not that many that are totally useless:

Bedile - TM and unit are trash
Clyne - ditto
Magitek Armor Terra - Unit is bad and no TM (she is unique though)
Anzelm - Bad and drain TM is readily available elsewhere
Edge? - He's bad and his TM is only good for bad tanks.

That's all I could find. Everyone else is at least potentially useful either for their TM, specific utility, or possibility of future stars.
What, there is a Magitek Armor Terra?????

I wouldn't. Wasn't meant to be and the 500 pulls are silly expensive for what you get. Just save up again and try again next time. Personally I'd rather do 10 refills and get 10% on all my TMs.

Yea you are definitely right. Did one 500 pull and it wasnt worth it lol. Done pulling :(, RIP the dream

Syrus

Banned
TM Update for the Month

DoubleHand
Omnirod
Equip H Shield
Mag 30%

Excalibur 30%
Sakurafubiki 30%
Blade master 48%
Dearhbringer 8%

May throw in another cecil since i got 3 more instead of noctis lol

Pretty Stoked for what ive got. My lightning will be beefy once current set is done

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
After looking, farming Stona materia for your trophy is not a good way to make gil. It takes 1000 gill and 1 hour. They only sell for 500 each.

Just a heads up to others who got excited like I did.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You'd think the wiki would at least mention that a unit is worth keeping for an amazing TM but nope. Oh well.

This is kinda what I'm talking about. If you care enough to look at the wiki -- whose individual player pages don't discuss TMs at all, and only briefly mention them in the ranking if at all -- before selling a unit, but don't care enough to look at the unit in the game itself and maybe have a little curiosity around that TM?

Oh, this says 'sakurafubuki' and it sure as fuck looks like a weapon, maybe I should look at the wiki since I'm already there and maybe investigate what this weapon actually does??

1. https://exviuswiki.com/Miyuki
2. https://exviuswiki.com/Trust_Master_Reward
3. https://exviuswiki.com/Sakurafubuki

Oh shit, a +98 ATK katana that ranks between Rising Sun and Omnirod? HMMMMMM

EDarkness

After looking, farming Stona materia for your trophy is not a good way to make gil. It takes 1000 gill and 1 hour. They only sell for 500 each.

Just a heads up to others who got excited like I did.

Why make Stona when Shuriken are cheaper to make? At least that's what I've been doing. Copper is easy to get.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(i am totally sorry for harshing a couple of you friends out, but friends have to be honest with each other! you can't care enough to look on wiki but not care enough to dig even one layer deeper!)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Best possible way to get gil is selling event currency. That will depend on how they balance the economy though.

Why make Stona when Shuriken are cheaper to make? At least that's what I've been doing. Copper is easy to get.

Was talking about this post from earlier in this thread:
got the craft 1000 abilities trophy at last!
look at the gils!

Sorry I didn't make that clear, I was kinda pushing back on this. It's cool that you recover 50% of the gil costs though?

Syntsui

That alone costed almost 300k. Definetely not worth it IMO.

Honestly, chasing trophies is not a good strategy because those broken rings will never be crafted anyway. To each their own, of course.

Skii

This is kinda what I'm talking about. If you care enough to look at the wiki -- whose individual player pages don't discuss TMs at all, and only briefly mention them in the ranking if at all -- before selling a unit, but don't care enough to look at the unit in the game itself and maybe have a little curiosity around that TM?

Oh, this says 'sakurafubuki' and it sure as fuck looks like a weapon, maybe I should look at the wiki since I'm already there and maybe investigate what this weapon actually does??

1. https://exviuswiki.com/Miyuki
2. https://exviuswiki.com/Trust_Master_Reward
3. https://exviuswiki.com/Sakurafubuki

Oh shit, a +98 ATK katana that ranks between Rising Sun and Omnirod? HMMMMMM

I was clearing out 20+ units. It's not like I'm going to look at each one past its rating on the wiki. That's the the reason the wiki exists lol. It's got a ranking system that doesn't factor in a major aspect of each unit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^^ Nah, I hear you. The wiki ranking is imperfect, but it's not designed for people to determine which units to sell off on a whim. Like I said, if you care enough to look at wiki before selling, but don't care enough to look for a split second longer, it's kinda goofy to be frustrated / angry with wiki.

That alone costed almost 300k. Definetely not worth it IMO.

Honestly, chasing trophies is not a good strategy because those broken rings will never be crafted anyway. To each their own, of course.

Seriously everyone should read this. Let the trophies come as they may. 500 lapis for w/e you get for this much work isn't even remotely worth it.

Kouriozan

I'm only missing the 1000 (829) items stolen trophy, craft 1000 weapons(504) and abilities(377) then the impossible ones (Arena/Colosseum/Esper)

Muku

Seriously everyone should read this. Let the trophies come as they may. 500 lapis for w/e you get for this much work isn't even remotely worth it.

I worked to get up to Hero's Ring.. but honestly, the last couple I needed for it came on their own because I had nothing easy to get. Once I did get it, it was amazing.

I just make Shuriken. Copper flows out of nodes. It's cheap. It's easy. It's quick. Initially I was making them to make for my count. Now I just pull them out whenever daily is crafting something. Pull out the shuriken to get credit then toss a new one in there that will long have since been done by time it rolls around again.

Syntsui

Oh I forgot about the 500 mithril, I was thinking about those ridiculous rings we will be able to get the recipe in the future.

Anyway, they will come naturally and the ones that don't, are simply way too grind and will suck any enjoyment from the game. But again, to each their own.

AkumaNiko

Quick question:

If i pick the christmas banner to pull from, do i still have a chance at pulling noct? or should i use that banner?

And

any reason i should keep Cerius ?

Syntsui

Quick question:

If i pick the christmas banner to pull from, do i still have a chance at pulling noct? or should i use that banner?

And

You will always have a chance to pull Sasuke, no matter what.

Cerius is a gigantic pile of stinky shit.

No way should anyone keep one of every unit they pull unless they are a collector. Simply add TM to your evaluation process for a unit when deciding whether to keep or trash it. Done.

As for no new banner, doesn't bother me as they will all be garbo until FFX or a player's choice anyway ;) I thought it possible they could do one for New Years but then figured they'd wait until after Orlandu before doing it which is preferable to me since I'm not going to pull on his first garbage banner.

Finished the Raid runs last night and yay at Calamity Gem coming back up for the daily bundle purchase. I just need one more to awaken Chorizo :D I'm guessing waiting for the daily bundle to cycle back to Gem will happen before any event offers Gems. Now I'm in full TM farm mode since there's no real rush for the new story until part 2 is close to coming out unless there's an awesome chest I don't know about. I'm going to hit the dunes hard this weekend though. I should be able to max out Refia and get Chorizo to 80 so she's ready for that Calamity Gem, hopefully. I still need to do the past three Trials too, hmmmm I'll do those after the dunes as I'll want a maxed Refia first anyway.

Chinner

Banned
Quick question:

And

The Christmas banner will include Noctis, who is now part of the pulling pull. However, because he is off banner and also 5* base the percentage is tiny. Someone did the maths a couple page back.

Also, I'd keep Cerius, even if they are a niche unit, but I would keep at least 1. You never know when they could become useful.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(the reason the noctis banner is legendary is because it's not just Noctis with increased rates, it's Noctis + Chizuru + Mercedes + Charlotte). 1 legendary DPS, 2 legit DPS units, and a solid tank with a decent TM)

Its a good banner but with Troll golds and the army of Charlottes its quite a frustrating one

They need to get those crystal changes in place soon

Kouriozan

Imagine if someone pull Firion or Garland, see there are only ranked 6 pts and sell them, RIP.
Firion is the best base 3* in Japan, by the way.

Noct gained 300 ATK in a few days -- up to 733. I think he's good for a while and can probably help carry some people. TBD when I actually commit to the Brave Suit, Black Cowl, Celestial Gloves, and Seals of Destruction.

I'm baking Lennas instead.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Math is about 0.12% to get an off-banner base 5 stars unit currently.

Read: you'll get one 5* base every 1000 pulls or so.

And that pool is growing weekly, meaning once you do get your rainbow pull -- which includes 3*s that go up to 5*, your odds of pulling the one unit you want are currently 1/61 (1.6%).

Anyone good at math? You all know what 1.6% of 0.12% is? 0.0000192?

so what are the chances to pull noct on his banner

Despite how many on here have snagged him, it's really difficult to get any 5* base unless you're lucky. The best advice in the entire game to give someone is to never go all out for a single unit, go all out if it's a fantastic banner. This will be especially important to remember when Orlandu hits because his first banner is terrible. Going hard at that banner will yield loads of crap while going hard at a good banner will get you excellent consolation prizes in a worst case scenario. I personally threw everything I had at Noctis because this is an amazing banner, the type you should go hard at. Chorizo is the top non-5* base DPS and has an awesome TM, Mercedes has an awesome TM and if she equips it, can be a great DPS in a pinch, and Charlotte is a very solid tank who's getting a 6* that will improve her even more and she also has a useful TM. Those are your consolation prizes if you don't get Noctis and they are pretty darn good ones, especially Chorizo.

Shouta

Grinding up story for Lapis in prep for the new year's bundle in JP. I seriously hope they don't have a 10000 bundle too because I don't know if I have enough Lapis in the story mode to get that too. =(

Celegus

I still have 10k in reserve just in case we get anything decent in GL but I'm pretty doubtful. That's a lot of lapis for a f2p person!

Burned one last ticket to commemorate last day for Noctis banner and got a Charlotte, naturally.

EDarkness

I still have 10k in reserve just in case we get anything decent in GL but I'm pretty doubtful. That's a lot of lapis for a f2p person!

Burned one last ticket to commemorate last day for Noctis banner and got a Charlotte, naturally.

Global will get.......more tickets!

You definitely have way more restraint than me. I will echo what others have said, do NOT go all out chasing a 5*. Not worth it, not at all. Have spent roughly 7500 lapis and 20-25 tickets (I know thats small beans to some others, but as a F2P who had to pull hard for Cecil and Refia it was a lot to be back up to that) on this banner and have nothing to show for it, at all. Will take a long time to rebuild, not sure right now if I even want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom