• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Syntsui (sp?) -- can you reset the logic behind using cactuars on low level units instead of for high level units because of costs? I get the idea but I'm not sure I follow the math (or collateral NRG costs for similar exp gain). Genuinely interested.
Like they answered, it's just not worth it for high level characters. The cost is gigantic and the XP is pathetic.

CCIE

Banned
Speaking of, is anyone run I g the dunes this weekend? I'm not sure quite yet, because I don't HAVE to level any characters... Though I might start on leveling Garland, or Mercedes just because - options

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I can't show you the math, but the higher level someone is, the more it costs to use enhancer units. It's safe to use Gigantuars (and you'll not be hurting for money in a pre-Enhancement world, especially if you TM farm), but it makes little sense to use the lesser cactuars on high level units. Just too expensive.

Basically, look at it this way: take a unit you want to level, and pretend to add 2 Gigantuars. don't confirm. Now add one Gigantuar and one regular cactuar. It should, if I'm remembering correctly, cost the same; however, the XP/gil ratio is way worse.

Panther - the higher your level, the more it costs to fuse. For the most part I only use Gigantaurs on high level units... I use the little ones to level up story units to 3* max for now..

Like they answered, it's just not worth it for high level characters. The cost is gigantic and the XP is pathetic.

Thanks all -- I'm certainly aware that costs go up exponentially once you pass lvl 60-70, but are you all certain the enhancement cost doesn't correlate with exp gain, even at the higher levels? Like, I know it's xx,000 gil to enhance a lvl XX unit with 5 gigantuars for 150K exp ... but isn't it (xx,000 / 6) to enhance with 5 minitaurs for 25K exp?

(I guess I'm saying that I've been operating under the assumption that we're talking about equivalent costs, even as they go up the higher level you go.)

robotuw

Speaking of, is anyone run I g the dunes this weekend? I'm not sure quite yet, because I don't HAVE to level any characters... Though I might start on leveling Garland, or Mercedes just because - options

I have plenty of characters that could use a boost, and I'll probably max out lvl 83 Ramza, but I'm more tempted to continue TM farming right now. This week is turning out to be a welcome break where I can make some real progress. Black Cowl 2x and Excalibur #2 are a few days away, with Doublehand and Bracer #1 further back.

Alkez

I have 70 SC. Hopefully I'll be set for a while.

I'll be running Dunes if I can get my Cecil's LB to lv20. I'm pretty close.

CCIE

Banned
Holy CRAP! I have a paltry 19 sacred crystal. However, I have been leveling up units just so I have some flexibility in creating my lineup. Like Hope - he isn't the best mage, but as a high five-star he is nothing to sneeze at. And he can hit at every element, and can wear mage robes whereas my six-star ExDeath's cannot.

I actually have Bartz wearing mage robes right now, because so few units can. He and CoD, actually.

UrSuLeTzU

First Bracer should be done tonight...2nd one as well as an Excalibur and Brave Suit next week. Think I may take the weekend off from TM and go for Cactuars as well...want to get 2nd Noctis and 2nd Luneth to 100....maybe a Chizu as well.

Kouriozan

Just realized I still haven't done the plant or 2 headed dragon trial.
Anyway I'm full on equip slots so it's going to wait a bit more.

Lyrian

Depends on what happens with the Frosty event tomorrow. If nothing of significance, then I would like to level my Mercedes as well.

Thanks all -- I'm certainly aware that costs go up exponentially once you pass lvl 60-70, but are you all certain the enhancement cost doesn't correlate with exp gain, even at the higher levels? Like, I know it's xx,000 gil to enhance a lvl XX unit with 5 gigantuars for 150K exp ... but isn't it (xx,000 / 6) to enhance with 5 minitaurs for 25K exp?

(I guess I'm saying that I've been operating under the assumption that we're talking about equivalent costs, even as they go up the higher level you go.)

AFAIK, the game just references a table and says "At level X, it will cost you Y gil per unit fused." The game does not care whether the unit fused is worth 10 XP or 1 million XP and simply charges a flat rate for everything. Hence, why minitaurs are generally awful to use beyond maybe the first 10 levels of a unit's growth.

Zhadgon

Well my pull in the Christmas banner was Fran.

Decide to pull two more times in the Noctis banner with the tickets left from the bundle.

Blue > Gold > Rainbow >
Vaan (my third one D: )

Blue > Luna

I was close to get Noctis (I really want one, did pull like 70 times in his banner for him, only one rainbow and it was a troll one ).

.n_n.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Honestly I don't think I will. Think I'll focus on story quests until I catch up, then all TMing unless we get some new stuff on the snowman event.

Depends on what happens with the Frosty event tomorrow. If nothing of significance, then I would like to level my Mercedes as well.

AFAIK, the game just references a table and says "At level X, it will cost you Y gil per unit fused." The game does not care whether the unit fused is worth 10 XP or 1 million XP and simply charges a flat rate for everything. Hence, why minitaurs are generally awful to use beyond maybe the first 10 levels of a unit's growth.

That would make sense! I will dig further.

Vamphuntr

Grinding up story for Lapis in prep for the new year's bundle in JP. I seriously hope they don't have a 10000 bundle too because I don't know if I have enough Lapis in the story mode to get that too. =(

I have 15k lapis saved for GL in case the banner show up. IT BETTER SHOW UP T.T Otherwise I'll burn them failing to get Balthier.

CCIE

Banned
I will probably buy the 47.99 bundle, but I'm waiting to see if there will be an announcement for New Years first. Still a week or so to buy it

Shouta

I have 15k lapis saved for GL in case the banner show up. IT BETTER SHOW UP T.T Otherwise I'll burn them failing to get Balthier.

I'm sure they'll do something for new year's. It's just what is the question.

I also severely underestimated how much I had done. I cleared 5k and I still have more than half of Orderion to go. I forgot it was 100 per mission in the first half of JP lol.

Vamphuntr

I'm sure they'll do something for new year's. It's just what is the question.

I also severely underestimated how much I had done. I cleared 5k and I still have more than half of Orderion to go. I forgot it was 100 per mission in the first half of JP lol.

Way to go you can probably make it to 10k then! I feel this game is pretty generous with free pulls and lapis.

For my own enjoyment I prefer to be a bit behind story wise. It let me always have stuff to do. My rank is still low so I level up often for free NRG refills, get free lapis from the story and alternate between events, grind and arena/coliseum.

I'm in a much better condition now than when I quit the game. I had played from the beginning until the FFT tactics event where I burned 15k failing to get Ramza. Only good units I had were Vaan, Celes, Leo. Now I'm back at 15k with ExDeath, Bartz, Agrias, WoL, CoD, Zidane, Mercedes, Charlotte and Firion. Had no healers before and now I have Rosa, Garnet and Santa Roselia.

This month has been pretty great great with the 60 NRG for 100 lapis and the box with tickets and key for 300 lapis.

It's a neat time wasters during breaks or during PT.

AkumaNiko

eW6E8Kkl.jpg

Hmmmmm what could it be?

pOE8oYpl.png

CCIE

Banned
I'm debating whether to pull today... pulled a second Zidane yesterday, a second Chizuru the day before, four Mercedes. Not really much more to pull for on the Charlotte banner - Noctis is a pipe dream

Muku

I'm debating whether to pull today... pulled a second Zidane yesterday, a second Chizuru the day before, four Mercedes. Not really much more to pull for on the Charlotte banner - Noctis is a pipe dream

MOAR CHARLOTTE

Lyrian

Pulled a few more times at the end of the night here....

.... nope. Three more off-banner blues.

Outside of the lone Mercedes, the Noctis banner has been a total washout for me.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Can confirm that the cost to enhance is based on your unit's level and the number of slots, NOT what you are using to enhance. So 5 gigantaurs enhancing a lvl 69 unit is 10,500 gil for 120K experience ... and 5 metal cactaurs is 10,500 gill for 50K experience ... and 5 minituars is 10,500 gil for 25K exp.

So basically never, ever use any non gigantaurs for leveling your high level units, like Syntsui and others have said.

2. Last pull on this banner, with 14 tickets left: Blue to gold to Edgar. Heh.

Flambe

Dunes till my 94 Noctis is 100, I'd like to say finish Delita after that but fuck that guy except for his TM at this point.

Could max one of the Chorizo but she probably ain't taking a seat anyway so ehhh

TMs it is I guess.

Celegus

As long as there aren't any new rewards added for Frosty this week, it's gonna be a TM week for me. I can skip cactuars too, don't have much else to level from the maze extravaganza. Garnet maybe but I'd rather LB pot her up first I think. Firion is at 76 so he'll be ready.

Muku

Sweet. Took Bonkeng's hax Noctis and cleaned the plant up with no probs! <3

Now if I am going to try Surging Menace... what's the deal? I know they say Void Vessel but wasn't around for that event. Does any of the crafted stuff take out the Cactaur like the bitches they are?

Azuran

Banned
Sweet. Took Bonkeng's hax Noctis and cleaned the plant up with no probs! <3

Now if I am going to try Surging Menace... what's the deal? I know they say Void Vessel but wasn't around for that event. Does any of the crafted stuff take out the Cactaur like the bitches they are?

Surging Menace is a joke now. You easily destroy everything with 6* units.

Broseybrose

In the latest update summary it says a new raid difficulty (Dread Frosty) has been added but I dont see it.

Does anyone else see it?

edit- congrats on all the progress Muku!

edit - NM I see its supposed to start in 2 hours.

Muku

In the latest update summary it says a new raid difficulty (Dread Frosty) has been added but I dont see it.

Does anyone else see it?

edit- congrats on all the progress Muku!

Thank you! :D Been waiting on getting DW for CoD forever now. Knew as soon as I broke that barrier I'd be taking some stuff down.

I think it's not going live until roller over tonight? When we'd do the normal banner / even swap. At least that has been my assumption.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I got lucky and pulled Noel without much effort, (1x11 pull).

I gotta say tho, he is clutch in the arena. I swapped him out for a DKC in my party and him plus the other nasty N is a combo to be reckoned with, Stop+Paralyze combo is awesome.

Broseybrose

Thank you! :D Been waiting on getting DW for CoD forever now. Knew as soon as I broke that barrier I'd be taking some stuff down.

I think it's not going live until roller over tonight? When we'd do the normal banner / even swap. At least that has been my assumption.

Yeah I looked at another news item that says the new difficulty will be available Friday (i.e. in 2 hrs).

My Rising Sun is at 99% and DW is at 89%, with 2 Excaliburs close behind!

Already working on 2nd DW too!

So many TMs I have to work on its crazy.

Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Save the Queen, Gungnir, Romandan Pistol, Goddess Bow, Mentality, Magistral Crest, Viking Axe, Omni Rod, Magi Staff, Lordly Robe, Mag +30%, HP +30%, Champion's Belt, Maximillian, Doublehand, Aegis Shield, Kaiser Knuckle, Barrage, Bladeblitz.... it just goes on and on! That's 21.

I should just start macroing 24/7.

Muku

Yeah I looked at another news item that says the new difficulty will be available Friday (i.e. in 2 hrs).

My Rising Sun is at 99% and DW is at 89%, with 2 Excaliburs close behind!

Already working on 2nd DW too!

So many TMs I have to work on its crazy.

Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Save the Queen, Mentality, Viking Axe, Omni Rod, Magi Staff, Lordly Robe, Mag +30%, Champion's Belt, Maximillon, Doublehand, Aegis Shield, Barrage, Bladeblitz.... it just goes on and on!

I should just start macroing 24/7.

Cool. Curious to see the new part. I'm hoping it's not as exciting so I can do other things. Little time tonight allowed me to get some stuff done and a little old things for lapis too.

Edit: Holy crap. I know there are whales... but the difference between 1st and 2nd place in the event seems ridiculous.

Cleaned up friend list on alt account. It's a sad little account. Best I can offer up is Delita as a sacrifice. Trying to get mats for upping CoD and Chizuru, both 5* capped, to 6*. But had some non GAF guys who hadn't played in over a month. They got the boot. # is: 984,103,344

Muku

Did 5 more pulls on Noctis banner as a hail mary type thing.

1. Charlotte
omg die already
2. Bartz (only second, so going to keep him for TM)
3. Artemios (second)
4. Blue to Gold.... Mercedes! (Yes! First!)
5. Kefka (bleh however many again)

Totally worth it for the Mercedes! :D

Razmos

Yolo last minute pull for Noctis, hoping for a miracle.

Rainbow Crystal! Could it be?!

Nope it's a dupe Refia. Fucking hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom