• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Lol holy shit. I did one last pull on the Noctis banner and got the exact same thing.

Anyone think first rank in the raid is a whale that went on vacation and forgot to turn their macro off?
On reddit they say he plays manually and wants to get to 1m points. Some people just take some really weird shit too serious.

He must have spent close to a thousand dollars on refills for this alone.

UrSuLeTzU

DON'T

CHASE

RAINBOWS

I did 102 pulls and I didn't even get Chorizo so I guess: DON'T CHASE CHIZURU EITHER!!!

Lol holy shit. I did one last pull on the Noctis banner and got the exact same thing.

Anyone think first rank in the raid is a whale that went on vacation and forgot to turn their macro off?

Dyer? Nah man he's a nice bald old man who I friended on fb 2 days ago. He said he wants to save us from the cheaters so they don't take the first place and achieve their goals of world domination! He's not the hero we asked for but surely he's the hero we deserve(GUMI can go to hell tho)!

Syntsui

No banner and no bundle. Gumi on vacation it seems. Is this the first time we won't get any update at all?

Also, the new month sucks for lapis, it seems they will only give tickets from now on. This new model of distribution is absolutely worse because we won't be able to do 11 pulls anymore without paying.

bryt

No bundle :(

EDIT: ELT Dreadfrost seems the same difficulty as ELT A Frosty Offensive. I just two turned him with the same team I used for A Frosty Offensive. Gives 780 rank EXP for 23 energy and 240 event pts

EDIT 2: Noctis' flasks except Thunder Flask are banned this week in arena!

robotuw

ELT for the new event gives 30k unit exp, 780 rank exp, and 240 raid points for 23 NRG.

Anyone kill angry snowman yet? How hard is it?

ELT Dread Frost is harder than ELT Frosty Offensive. It took 3 turns with two 650+ atk Nocti and a Lightning + ExDeath. He also killed Lightning on the first turn with about 3 blizzagas. Looks like barblizzara is a must if you don't have an op team.

UrSuLeTzU

First arena team after reset top row: Fran, Medius, Roselia, Karl and leader Galuf. Even if he's using his TM team, why GALUF?
Whatever: 4x Meteors + 2x Ultimas + 2x Areablast + Bladeblitz.. feels good man :C

robotuw

Does killing the snowman give some kind of materia? No bundle - probably another five free tickets

Yeah killing him on ELT gives a unique materia that's baraerora and barblizzara in one. Poor Noel just got neutered right after he came out.

ELT Dread Frost gives better exp, rank, and raid points per NRG so if you have a strong team and still haven't farmed raid points yet I guess now is your time to shine. Other than that it's not worth going through them more than once unfortunately.

Razmos

Wow, I literally melted Dread Frost. Full Break + 2 Gilgamesh using tri attack with Diabolos and Chiri + Arc using Dual Firaga.

1 turn :O

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
New boss on ELT is easier than the old one - gives more Rank Exp and Raid Point though lol. Great for everyone who hasnt farmed the Raid until now.

Otherwise quite lackluster.

Razmos

Dunno how I killed him the first time in one turn. Every attempt since then has been a lot more difficult, I must have executed a perfect chain lol.

Refia's dual Full Life is getting some work for my 5* Units (Agrias, Arc)

Winter Ward is a fantastic materia, absolutely amazing. 50% elemental resistance for 2 elements for the entire party, and can be equipped by anyone since it doesn't count as green magic.

Easily the highlight of this event and makes it all worth it, will be very useful going forward

No new banner, no bundle, and a "harder" version of an event that people are likely done with if they are able to complete this new version in the first place. Uhh...ok

Chinner

Banned
New boss on ELT is easier than the old one - gives more Rank Exp and Raid Point though lol. Great for everyone who hasnt farmed the Raid until now.

Otherwise quite lackluster.
I've been skimming the event, so this is good for mean. All about that energy efficiency bros.

chrono01

No new banner, no bundle, and a "harder" version of an event that people are likely done with if they are able to complete this new version in the first place. Uhh...ok
Yeah, it...doesn't really make sense. Why release the harder event now that most are already completed with the event (unless you're crazy enough to be aiming for one of the top ranks)? Oh well, one-and-done, I guess.

UrSuLeTzU

Does the new island really end at volcanic grounds? That was nothing, could've went farther than that.

We did get 1700 lapis from story missions. Wasn't much but at least it was something, not like we got today which besides the new materia(which is amazing btw) we literally got nada, zilch, zero free :/

Part 1 prolly? Not so long in the story yet so can't say for sure. But atleast on information they were speaking as Part 1.
I know it's part 1, I'm saying part 1 was nothing. The other part 1s didn't go by that quick, I didn't even have any NRG saved up.

Ken

atm i have enough mats to 6* cecil or exdeath, but i'm 7 short for a 6* chiz/cod

would it be better to just get a second 6* unit now or wait for the next event that awards calamity gems?

CCIE

Banned
Awesome - will run the dunes until Garland is maxed. WoL is maxed and ready for the future. As is Rain.

No Firion, though. Garland should be maxed sometime today or tomorrow, allowing plenty of time for TM farming. PoC at 90%, and Bracer at 93%

Rixa

We did get 1700 lapis from story missions. Wasn't much but at least it was something, not like we got today which besides the new materia(which is amazing btw) we literally got nada, zilch, zero free :/

We did get 20+30 Lapis from earlier difficulties of new Frosty :).

UrSuLeTzU

atm i have enough mats to 6* cecil or exdeath, but i'm 7 short for a 6* chiz/cod

would it be better to just get a second 6* unit now or wait for the next event that awards calamity gems?

Where the hell did you pull a Cecil already? Cecil is priority 0 so work on that first, I wouldn't worry about maxing his lb since you can always get another(maybe) and work on that.

Rixa

I was going to say something, but then again it would just make more stupid talk so its better that I just say this.

Iam happy that we have event, where I don't need to spend whole day grinding.
I can spend almost whole day grinding TM's.

UrSuLeTzU

I was going to say something, but then again it would just make more stupid talk so its better that I just say this.

Iam happy that we have event, where I don't need to spend whole day grinding.
I can spend almost whole day grinding TM's.

Amen to that brother. Maze ran my gil into the ground, I have like 200k left so a few TM weeks should be just what the doctor ordered :)

CCIE

Banned
Okay, materia obtained... dailies almost done. Dunes and TM time! And I will rank up in the morning as well. TM farming before bed, and energy builds through the night.

Destroyed the new boss on ELT in two turns just like before, only easier since I could focus on single attacks. High difficulty my sweet buttocks.

The material will surely come in handy at some point, but won't take up a regular slot in my rotation.

I'll mainly be running the Dunes this weekend to level up one of my new Chiz, my Garnet, and my Garland. Some TM farming mixed in when that's done.

Really disappointed that there's nothing more to this raid, and no new banner or bundle (yet). Guess I'll keep my lapis for now since I have not intention to pull on this holiday banner.

Syntsui

Technically it is harder. Previous boss went down in two turns, this one takes three for me.

Anyway, I'll join the 700+ ATK soon thanks to this eventless week.

Razmos

In terms of pure stats it is harder, but the fight being single target rather than multiple makes it far easier to cheese

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Agree with everyone here. New Frosty was pretty easy if last frosty wasn't any trouble for you. Was hoping for new event reward tiers but oh well.

2. Arena will require actual work this week. Early fav seems like thunder flask + DC thundaga chains. Ehhhhh

3. What I really need is calamity gems!

Kouriozan

I know it's part 1, I'm saying part 1 was nothing. The other part 1s didn't go by that quick, I didn't even have any NRG saved up.

It was shorter than the Japanese Zoldaad part 1 for whatever reasons. (should have gone until Fire Temple)

EDIT : Reddit talked about Noctis recovering more MP than he should with his jump : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5l12i4/noctis_point_warp_bug/
It's tied to Man-Eater, so when I'll put Ifrit back I'll make him equip my Deathbringer :p

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I just started playing the game last night (ironically found out about it by reading the Record Keeper thread and seeing people trash talk it haha). Running Luneth, White Knight Noel, Refia, Snow (who seems awful compared to the rest?) and Faris.

Only rank 10 - are there any banners I should save up for or go for first? I've been spending on the Christmas discount banner and dumped everything else I earned into Noctis last night.

Kouriozan

(ironically found out about it by reading the Record Keeper thread and seeing people trash talk it haha).
Like I said last month, Record Keeper communities like to insult this game, I guess it's just people who rage-quitted and would do the same on that game x)

Anyway your team is pretty godly actually, and only Faris can't evolve to 6*. Snow and White Knight Noel are both tank but if you gear Noel with as much MAG as you can it's OK.
Don't know about which banner you should aim for, will let other experienced people answer it, you probably need another good physical DPS at this point.

Celegus

Well, TMs it is this week! Funny that the only two banners I didn't do dailies on were Halloween and Christmas were also the two that went for two weeks...

LucaMac

No bonus event points for Medius and Co then after heavily implying there would be. Not that it matters as I've finished all the rewards but I'd leveled Medius a bit to give him survivability because I'd nothing else to level (then got Noctis and haven't finished him yet. Lv 89)

Typical.

Kouriozan

No bonus event points for Medius and Co then after heavily implying there would be.

Actually I talked about it before :
As an eagled-eyed redditor pointed out, if you read between the lines of the event announcement, not only is the event a raid event, but it is a bonus unit event as well. Will have to see how far I can level Medius and Cerius before the end of tomorrow.
You mean this?

8Evl4I3.jpg

Pretty sure it's the standard "please summon"

FkqwYC7.png

If there was, they would have said it directly.

LucaMac

Actually I talked about it before :

If there was, they would have said it directly.

Yea I figured. Bonus points hadn't been a thing then though and have been recently so it's kind of expected and the wording is very much more specific to points. It's clearly worded that way to cover their backs but still get a few people to dtae on the assumtion that again banned units will make the grind easier.

Not really a big issue. I didn't do a draw on the banner apart from one daily. Jus would have been nice to be able to finish it quicker as I'd five "bonus" units from before and didn't fuse just in case.

Kouriozan

Looks like Nyx from Kingsglaive will be another Orlandu copycat, but with innate dual wield!
200% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Fire Resist
Bad news is that his mastery is with daggers (+50%), and those aren't really amazing.

Wait, Glauca also got it (base 4*) but with a lower DEF ignore (with greatsword mastery 50%)
200% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 25% DEF & ST 5 Turn -50% Light/Dark Resist

Now you see where Alim want the meta to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom