• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Yeah, it...doesn't really make sense. Why release the harder event now that most are already completed with the event (unless you're crazy enough to be aiming for one of the top ranks)? Oh well, one-and-done, I guess.

Well I guess because they told us ahead of time some people would have left the event, which is what I did. I did enough to do dailies but otherwise I've been TMing. I've still got about 3k points to get.

Xion86

Got my first Omnirod! :D

fCsrLIhl.png

Daily was Medius

Just finished the "high difficulty" boss too.

Hope everyone's having a good day :). Think I'll continue TM farming now.

kevyward

I'm at rank 2960 for the raid I guess I try to push for under 1000 for the next level of awards.

New boss is still super easy and dies in 2 turns.

Also noctis banner gone and no replacement... that is so lame... nothing for New Years...

Razmos

You guys do realize that we usually only have 1 banner at a time right? We still have the christmas one.

Don't know why anyone was expecting a new one today

Coppanuva

Dread Frost was easy, and I'm only 1k points away from the TM moogle reward. Gonna TM grind while at work I think, and finish up the 12k points during the weekend. I'm only in the top 46k, is that close to a bar I can cross for more rewards?

Celegus

You guys do realize that we usually only have 1 banner at a time right? We still have the christmas one.

Don't know why anyone was expecting a new one today
We've pretty much had 2 going at once since FF III I believe.

Nyx would be cool, but give me Prompto!!

Razmos

We've pretty much had 2 going at once since FF III I believe.

Nyx would be cool, but give me Prompto!!
Nope
https://exviuswiki.com/Summon

The brave frontier banner was weirdly slotted in between the FF3 and Dark Destroyer Banners, so it overlapped with both as it lasted 2 weeks.

Now the Noctis banner/Christmas banners happened but those are weird seasonal event/plugging Noctis events, not the norm.

It's usually only one at a time, barring special banners like BF, Noctis and Holiday banners

Celegus

My bad, thought they've all been going for two weeks lately for some reason. I usually just do dailies so I guess I didn't pay that close attention.

leehom

Looks like Gumi made the rates horrible again, but to manipulate us into thinking they were super generous, they gave us the 2 ticket bundle during the Noctis banner. Congrats to everyone who pulled him! and sorry to everyone like me who got trolled by a rainbow!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What's really going to suck is trying to stay in the the top 10K to get that sweet +3 ticket ranking reward. Top 50K get the +2, but that extra 1 is big! I've been hovering right around 10K since the event started, but this morning I'm at 13K.

Anyone here gonna bother trying to stay in this thing or are you happy with the +2? Having a hard time justifying the nrg use (esp. since I'm going to use that to TM instead), personally.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Like I said last month, Record Keeper communities like to insult this game, I guess it's just people who rage-quitted and would do the same on that game x)

Anyway your team is pretty godly actually, and only Faris can't evolve to 6*. Snow and White Knight Noel are both tank but if you gear Noel with as much MAG as you can it's OK.
Don't know about which banner you should aim for, will let other experienced people answer it, you probably need another good physical DPS at this point.

I think that's just the nature of a Gacha game. If you get really bad luck and don't love the game, you'll just shake your fist at it and curse it out from afar.

Should I swap out Faris or Snow (or both) for more DPS? I looked at my other units and I'm deciding between swapping in Kefka, Cloud of Darkness and Krile.

What's really going to suck is trying to stay in the the top 10K to get that sweet +3 ticket ranking reward. Top 50K get the +2, but that extra 1 is big! I've been hovering right around 10K since the event started, but this morning I'm at 13K.

Anyone here gonna bother trying to stay in this thing or are you happy with the +2? Having a hard time justifying the nrg use (esp. since I'm going to use that to TM instead), personally.

I'm hovering right around 10k (currently ranked 9,694). I think the NRG it would take to get back above 10k should I fall below that wouldn't be worth the 1 extra ticket.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(Cloud of Darkness is remarkably versatile and will have a long lifespan in this game until you get a legendary / top 3 DPS unit -- and even then she's still useful)

Pejo

Man, Dunes seems like such a booby prize now that we had a week of the Maze. Ah well though, it's perfect for wasting NRG during work.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
For me it's Lightning Thunder Blitz, Thunder Flask, DC Thundaga, Gilga Divider. The only thing left standing is Cecil with maybe 10% hp.

I mean, if you have a Lightning and a Noctis and a Gilgamesh and an ExDeath ...

(seriously that would be a sight to behold)

(CoD, incidentally, is the only one withstanding my combo.)

Arena for me this week so far has just been Luneth Hit All...Lightning Area Blast....Noctis Thunder Flask and Exdeath Dual Meteor which I cast and 5 secs later hit the others. I kept my Cecil in there just in case. Nothing has lived so far other than a Cecil sometimes.

Arena for me this week so far has just been Luneth Hit All...Lightning Area Blast....Noctis Thunder Flask and Exdeath Dual Meteor which I cast and 5 secs later hit the others. I kept my Cecil in there just in case. Nothing has lived so far other than a Cecil sometimes.

I'm along the same lines.

Lightning area blast, Chizuru phantom shadow, Snow area blast, and Exdeath dual meteor. I have Refia there to embolden first and sometimes (although rarely) heal. Usually it's one or two rounds and done.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My arena team:
Noctis - thunder flask
ExDeath - DC thundaga
ReDeath - DC thundaga
Refia - embolden, DC heal / esuna / w/e
Cecil - Focus

Feel like I could replace Refia or Cecil at some point with CoD or Chizuru. But no need to, yet. Cecil is a good healing meat shield in case Refia goes down, and Refia with DC is fucking boss, so..

My arena team:
Noctis - thunder flask
ExDeath - DC thundaga
ReDeath - DC thundaga
Refia - embolden, DC heal / esuna / w/e
Cecil - Focus

Feel like I could replace Refia or Cecil at some point with CoD or Chizuru. But no need to, yet. Cecil is a good healing meat shield in case Refia goes down, and Refia with DC is fucking boss, so..

I use Light, Luneth, Greg, Noctis, Refia. Area Blast + Hit All + Divider + Flask + Bio Blaster. Everything usually dies in one turn.

Used to run Exdeath, but I refuse to use Cecil.

LucaMac

Everyone with horses needs to try Focus + Thunder Flask + DC Thundaga + DC Thundaga in the arena. My loooooord.

Yea been spamming that all day. May try to stay in the top 3000 next month. The above tactic results in one turn victory 99% of the time. Just had a two turner. COD got up Omniveil after going first and survived with a sliver of health. Everything else got one turned despite resisting all the attacks. It's beautiful.

I've the exact same set up as you except my dualcast is 20% away.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yea been spamming that all day. May try to stay in the top 3000 next month. The above tactic results in one turn victory 99% of the time. Just had a two turner. COD got up Omniveil after going first and survived with a sliver of health. Everything else got one turned despite resisting all the attacks. It's beautiful.

I've the exact same set up as you except my dualcast is 20% away.

YES!

Next week: no elements / no multi-cast / no multi-hit
Next next week: all accessories are broken and don't work
Next next next week: you can only use units that begin with B

Alkez

I just run the same team every week unless the rules severely hinder my team.

Chiz - Dual wielded Phantom Shadow with sleep dagger
Exdeath - Dual Cast Meteor
Ramza - Ultima
Refia - Heals, full life on CoD, esuna, embolden
CoD - Clean up

Last week was difficult but the addition of Ramza made it ok. This week it's back to 1 turn kills (2 if I go 2nd and someone dies).

CCIE

Banned
I am not using Refia this week in the arena. Cecil for Focus.. Lightning Storm, Chizuru Phantom Slash, and 2xExDeath DC Thundaga.

I'd use more mages, but they would die if I don't go first. All my units have at LEAST 3000 HP. I'm actually in the top 3K this week, and will probably remain there. Stop should be permanently banned in the Arena

I am not using Refia this week in the arena. Cecil for Focus.. Lightning Storm, Chizuru Phantom Slash, and 2xExDeath DC Thundaga.

I'd use more mages, but they would die if I don't go first. All my units have at LEAST 3000 HP. I'm actually in the top 3K this week, and will probably remain there. Stop should be permanently banned in the Arena

Dont you gimp my future Agrias!!

You monster

CCIE

Banned
Agrias is my future mini-Orlandu, because I'm never going to draw him. All I really need is Firion to be competitive for awhile, even with no more base 5* units. I'm just being realistic about my chances to ever pull one I didn't reroll for.

Pejo

I realize the devs probably don't get this granular with equipment, but it'd be neat if Arena banned all "metal" weapons and accessories, ala Lodestone Cavern from FFIV. Things more than just abilities.

Also Cecils and cover tanks in general. It's just such a bummer because you know you're going to be 1-2 turns longer per fight when you see it, with no added strategy or challenge.

Mipcgamer

I realize the devs probably don't get this granular with equipment, but it'd be neat if Arena banned all "metal" weapons and accessories, ala Lodestone Cavern from FFIV. Things more than just abilities.

Also Cecils and cover tanks in general. It's just such a bummer because you know you're going to be 1-2 turns longer per fight when you see it, with no added strategy or challenge.

image.php

I just had to do it :)

You are right of course

You guys know unmitigated damage strikes go through cover right?

Just make an All Gilga or Chizzy team and go to town

Pair them up with some Exdeath (magic doesnt get covered) and boom

Its not that bad to deal with Cecils guys

Shouta

Looks like Nyx from Kingsglaive will be another Orlandu copycat, but with innate dual wield!

Bad news is that his mastery is with daggers (+50%), and those aren't really amazing.

Wait, Glauca also got it (base 4*) but with a lower DEF ignore (with greatsword mastery 50%)

Now you see where Alim want the meta to go.

It's not a huge deal for Nyx to have Dagger Mastery because he can equip swords. You'll need to chuck Dark Knight Souls on him and a good sword but he should be fine in regards to attack power. I hope I can grab him but probably won't with my recent luck.

I've stopped worrying about Cecil in the Arena because I just toss all my DPS on my team and hit them with every AOE I have. He can only cover physical attacks and I think even that has some special rules so you can just whack the party through him, lol.

On Aigaion, the evil robot, I might have a strategy to beat him that isn't as micro-intensive but I still need a DPS that can reduce fire or earth element and then get Machine Killer. It'd still take me a bunch of hours to beat though but if I can reduce my concentration for it until I need it, it might be bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom